Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 10:04:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 [267] 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 ... 429 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][HUC] Huntercoin - Worlds First Decentralized Game/World on the Blockchain  (Read 879144 times)
MithrilMan

Activity: 554
Merit: 502

Developer!

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2014, 09:55:04 AM

while you are happy hunting for HUCs after the disaster happened, I'm @ work and can't do nothing about that (sigh) BUT, I've to announce a very cool feature that I've implemented and that i'm going to release this week end: real time chat

let me explain a bit how it works and why it's there

as you know, blockchain chat is something cool as concept, but practically unusable because it's a game transcation and thus you have to wait transaction confirmation in order to be able to say your things.
moreover you have to send on behalf of a player you are planning to move, if you don't want to waste a player movement.

At this point, for me, is like it doesn't exists, i used it just to joke with someone i killed or evaded but nothing more...but now.... things are different!

In my opinion realtime chat is something a game should have in order to improve game experience for players and help builds a community, so it was something to have at any costs (time and server Cheesy)

Only for Huntercoin: Mithril Edition users (becase chat server runs over my VPS and it's an hand made chat server tighted with my client) everyone can chat in realtime with a cool ingame chat interface that gives you the chance to interact more with others and play better togheter.

At the moment (but just because this isn't an easy task, need some time to do) you have some limitation:
- only 1 global chat channel
- no personal messages

I'm already planning to be able to create multiple channels password protected and do personal chats, but need time to do a proper interface and client/server code, but I'm quite fast so you won't have to wait much Smiley

but now let's see some detail about the chat system and how it can impact gameplay and user experience.
in top right area you have a new button

clicking on this, will toggle the chat panel, that's a slide panel on the right on the map and when expanded it covers partially the map 

as you can see, html is not allowed to format test (for security reasons), while i have a cool system to transform some text into interactive elements:
writing something like #huntername.1 will create a link that when clicked select and center that hunter:

same if you write only the player name (autoselect it's general)

writing something like #coordX;coordY (e.g. #123;89) will create a clickable link that will center that area:

I'm adding other useful things on top of this (in future emoticons too but atm more important things to do).
I expect to release this version this weekend!!!

Huntercoin: Mithril Edition - Alternative client for Huntercoin - (Discontinued)
HUC: HMSCYGYJ5wo9FiniVU4pXWGUu8E8PSmoHE  - BTC: 1DKLf1QKAZ5njucq37pZhMRG67qXDP3vPC
rant to people who pretend things for free

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
snailbrain (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1807
Merit: 1020

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 06:14:41 PM

Are there any plans for a MAC wallet?  Really great game you all...  In time this thing will be cruising along with greater speed and efficiency.  

Nice coin and cool game.  Lots of hours I'm sure you all have in this.

Thanks again

thanks.

mac wallet is >> http://forum.huntercoin.org/index.php?topic=37.0

Works on Lion+ .. let me know how it goes.

make sure you backup your wallet. also, unless you want to wait a few days to sync, you're probably better downloading the chain on that page.

I will upload the new chain in a day or 2. Atm, syncing from blocks since the hardfork is very quick.. it's just the blocks before which are painful.

Got the wallet down and was trying to get the .zip file to unzip in my library folder but something was not working correctly and it wasn't unzipping..  I'm not sure if it's because of different file formats Mac/Windows etc.  If I use the files from Mega do I download each of the chain files separately?    

Thanks again!

yes you need to download each chain file separately

also..

this is latest chain.. syncing from these latest blocks is much faster from block 270k+

https://mega.co.nz/#F!gAV2iALZ!BPy7ZbXHdbruv6iMn-WRMw

you need to download every file.. then use some zip type software to unzip them.. most should do automatically. try 7zip (what i used to compress)

MithrilMan

Developer!

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2014, 08:09:41 AM

this link isn't working for me atm, whole mega.co.nz isn't working, dunno if the problem is on my side

Huntercoin: Mithril Edition - Alternative client for Huntercoin - (Discontinued)
HUC: HMSCYGYJ5wo9FiniVU4pXWGUu8E8PSmoHE  - BTC: 1DKLf1QKAZ5njucq37pZhMRG67qXDP3vPC
subSTRATA
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1043

:^)

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 09:05:25 AM

WoW, HUC finally hit Cryptsy Smiley
Cheers!

Productivity in the office is hitting all time lows as everyone here has found huntercoin lol

At https://www.cryptsy.com/currencies/view/114 it says "Starting cost per Player is 1 HUC" but it is actualy 10 HUC. Also blockchain explorer link is not working (not only for
HUC but most coins listed on Cryptsy). Many coins need info updates - retarget mechanics changed, some had total number of coins changed and so on. It would also be cool
to have link for coin main websites (http://huntercoin.org for Huntercoin), not everyone is crazy about checking GitHub.

theres nothing here. message me if you want to put something here.
BayAreaCoins
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 1242

Owner at AltQuick.com & FreeBitcoins.com

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2014, 09:19:41 AM

WoW, HUC finally hit Cryptsy Smiley
Cheers!

Productivity in the office is hitting all time lows as everyone here has found huntercoin lol

At https://www.cryptsy.com/currencies/view/114 it says "Starting cost per Player is 1 HUC" but it is actualy 10 HUC. Also blockchain explorer link is not working (not only for
HUC but most coins listed on Cryptsy). Many coins need info updates - retarget mechanics changed, some had total number of coins changed and so on. It would also be cool
to have link for coin main websites (http://huntercoin.org for Huntercoin), not everyone is crazy about checking GitHub.

Original post here still says 1HUC and a number of other places need to be updated as well

Not huge priorities, but it is tough to explain it to someone and then they are like "wtf it says here 1HUC... BAC must be high."

<3

https://AltQuick.com/exchange/ - Trade altcoins & Bitcoin Testnet coins with real Bitcoin. Fast, private, and easy!
https://FreeBitcoins.com/faucet/ - Load your AltQuick exchange account with free Bitcoins & Testnet every 10 minutes.
BGB_HUC

Activity: 114
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 02:33:27 PM

Original post here still says 1HUC and a number of other places need to be updated as well

Not huge priorities, but it is tough to explain it to someone and then they are like "wtf it says here 1HUC... BAC must be high."

<3

I think there might be some 'tool tips' also with 1 HUC...
MithrilMan

Developer!

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2014, 01:08:20 AM

Mandatory update released for my client, V 1.0.4 (2216)

too much to say so if interested look here: http://www.mithrilman.com/Huntercoin/Download

short: realtime chat ready with something nice to improve user experience (clickable contents to improve cooperation)

Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 03:04:38 PM

finally it went on cryptsy, not that cryptsy will make a difference at this point but still a good surprise
BayAreaCoins
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2014, 06:42:08 PM

finally it went on cryptsy, not that cryptsy will make a difference at this point but still a good surprise

there are a number of other exchanges looking it over.  We are on to something good here for sure.

im trying to get coinedup.com to offfer DOGE/HUC and LTC/HUC. So far they said they are just considering btc/huc (free trading), but hopefully they see where im coming from in this last email Ive  just sent out.

https://AltQuick.com/exchange/ - Trade altcoins & Bitcoin Testnet coins with real Bitcoin. Fast, private, and easy!
https://FreeBitcoins.com/faucet/ - Load your AltQuick exchange account with free Bitcoins & Testnet every 10 minutes.
snailbrain (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 07:00:52 PM

http://huntercoin.org/downloads/

Quoted from the above link:
Warning 1- Syncing of the chain is very slow, the client may enter a “not responding” state – Leave it and do not end the task. If you have a “mechanical hard drive” it can take a few days to sync – force closing the client may corrupt data. When the chain has downloaded you may rarely get pauses of the client, and it may enter  a not responding state –
DO NOT END THE TASK, be patient.
Development is in progress for better performance.

But, I DID END THE TASK, AND MANY TIMES TOO, TRYING TO MAKE IT DOWNLOAD FASTER

I was trying to download huntercoin, but it was taking a long
time, then I did force-close the client, and
re-start the client thinking that might help it to download
faster.
But now the download is going very slow.

I have been downloading for about 5 days now, and making
very slow progress. Still a long ways to go.

87,000 out of 275,000 after 5 days?

I am thinking that maybe I should uninstall and then try re-install
huntercoin.

What do you think?

is normal.
Told you in PM, download the chain Smiley

northranger79510

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

Riecoin and Huntercoin to rule all!

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 01:20:52 AM

Is there any way to calculate how many huntercoins I will get per day if I buy a miner? Can anyone that is mining give me a round about number?

you won't get many unless you buy some significant hash power
you can try using a mining calculator, there are many (sha256 and scrypt) and you should only need the difficulty and the amount of hash you have (and block times?).

but - they will / maybe not be to accurate due to dual algo.

You would also need to mine in a pool (f2pool) -- the problem with p2pool is that merged mining coins is like solo mining, so you'd need a significant amount of hash to get any (as in, giant pool amounts) - I will put a public bounty to possibly add altchains to p2pool for namecoin and huntercoin.

Of course you would need to merge mine or would be a complete waste of energy.

Been out of HUC for a while. Anyone care to update what happen since March 2014? Have we solved what will happen after coin run out of its supply. And I hear another coin has now also incorporated gaming (motocross).

not sure what you mean - coin run out of it's supply?

you can check the OP for the latest update with disaster implimentation and changes

the map currently looks like this - less people and much more playable

although this may change with the upcoming imminent next disaster.

What is this imminent next disaster you are talking about. And by supply I mean we only have 52 million correct? What happens when that runs out? Human-mineable coins wouldn't work would it unless you use high fees.

Huntercoin: H9kttkrQidiQMG9NibmTgjgCKqWJMAkAXD
Riecoin: Like us on https://www.facebook.com/TheRiecoinCommunity
northranger79510

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 01:21:37 AM

Man...I remember this coin was near $1 when it first came out. Dropped a lot since then.

BayAreaCoins
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2014, 08:07:35 AM

Is there any way to calculate how many huntercoins I will get per day if I buy a miner? Can anyone that is mining give me a round about number?

you can try using a mining calculator, there are many (sha256 and scrypt) and you should only need the difficulty and the amount of hash you have (and block times?).

You would also need to mine in a pool (f2pool) -- the problem with p2pool is that merged mining coins is like solo mining, so you'd need a significant amount of hash to get any (as in, giant pool amounts) - I will put a public bounty to possibly add altchains to p2pool for namecoin and huntercoin.

Been out of HUC for a while. Anyone care to update what happen since March 2014? Have we solved what will happen after coin run out of its supply. And I hear another coin has now also incorporated gaming (motocross).

you can check the OP for the latest update with disaster implimentation and changes

What is this imminent next disaster you are talking about. And by supply I mean we only have 52 million correct? What happens when that runs out? Human-mineable coins wouldn't work would it unless you use high fees.

42 million I believe wouldn't some of the transactions kick a 90% to the world, 5% scrypt and 5% asic? So the more transactions there are the better for everyone.  If people are using it then they are putting people to work per say (?)

This might not be how it is.

domob
Legendary

Activity: 1135
Merit: 1161

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2014, 09:26:10 AM

42 million I believe wouldn't some of the transactions kick a 90% to the world, 5% scrypt and 5% asic? So the more transactions there are the better for everyone.  If people are using it then they are putting people to work per say (?)

This might not be how it is.

42 million is correct.  I believe, though, that for now transaction fees only go to the hardware miners and not to the game world.  This could be changed, though, when it becomes necessary.

Use your Namecoin identity as OpenID: https://nameid.org/
Donations: 1domobKsPZ5cWk2kXssD8p8ES1qffGUCm | NMC: NCdomobcmcmVdxC5yxMitojQ4tvAtv99pY
BM-GtQnWM3vcdorfqpKXsmfHQ4rVYPG5pKS | GPG 0xA7330737
snailbrain (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 12:11:43 PM

Hi mate,
42million

the "game" is just a way of distributing coins. When no more coins are minted, it will be the same as when no more coins in bitcoin are minted (and other none PoS coins).
It will be a crypto currency, of which the entire history, battles etc of which "mined" the coins will be recorded for eternity. A Visibly representation.

The game will be then pointless -- but, it would be possible to use the network for something else.. maybe decentralized tw1tter or something else.
Long way off though Smiley

This is by design - deflationary crypto currency?

MithrilMan

Developer!

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2014, 02:48:46 PM

Hi mate,
42million

the "game" is just a way of distributing coins. When no more coins are minted, it will be the same as when no more coins in bitcoin are minted (and other none PoS coins).
It will be a crypto currency, of which the entire history, battles etc of which "mined" the coins will be recorded for eternity. A Visibly representation.

The game will be then pointless -- but, it would be possible to use the network for something else.. maybe decentralized tw1tter or something else.

why you say this?
the game would become a place to fights vs others, and part of the fees could be placed ingame instead of going to miners pockets, preserving current game mechanics.
game would not produce new coins, but can anyway redistrubite them.
I think that a coin that aim to be "human mineable" should pay more(should pay ONLY gamers, but impossible to do) humans players then mining rigs

e.g. I imagine a future where every fees generated by moves (or 50% of tx fees in a block) are placed on the map

BayAreaCoins
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2014, 05:31:51 PM

42 million is correct.  I believe, though, that for now transaction fees only go to the hardware miners and not to the game world.  This could be changed, though, when it becomes necessary.

I personally think this would be wonderful.  That way the more transactions there are on the network, the more "jobs created" in the wallet world. 

The community kind of scratching everyone's back and this would keep the game going forever.

90% transaction fees come up on the map
5% ASIC
5% SCRYPT

We are still a while off before that debate, but I think it is important to keep the lil world of coins running even after the cap is hit. Seems like a pretty good way to me and it encourages people to move their coins around because it stimulates the "wallet economy".

Keep up the good work everyone!

northranger79510

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 05:49:43 PM

Hi mate,
42million

It'd be cool if we came out with HUC2,3,etc...after the coins run out. Maybe have the next HUC better graphics with higher amount of coins, etc. so the original will always be the most valuable? Just an idea.

BayAreaCoins
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2014, 05:59:30 PM

It'd be cool if we came out with HUC2,3,etc...after the coins run out. Maybe have the next HUC better graphics with higher amount of coins, etc. so the original will always be the most valuable? Just an idea.

Not a snowballs chance in hell.

Bitcoin is Bitcoin

Huntercoin is Huntercoin

You can build on this current one and do whatever your sweet little heart desires as far as graphics ect.  So many options... being a shit coin isn't one of them though Smiley

snailbrain (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 07:22:52 PM

Hi mate,
42million

why you say this?
the game would become a place to fights vs others, and part of the fees could be placed ingame instead of going to miners pockets, preserving current game mechanics.
game would not produce new coins, but can anyway redistrubite them.
I think that a coin that aim to be "human mineable" should pay more(should pay ONLY gamers, but impossible to do) humans players then mining rigs

e.g. I imagine a future where every fees generated by moves (or 50% of tx fees in a block) are placed on the map

miners get tx fees to secure the network, otherwise no point mining.

but putting some of tx fees on the map could  be ok - maybe - not worth thinking about now imo.

Playing the game would be pointless if you don't get any money. Why risk getting killed. Maybe there would still be some..

that is how Huntercoin was designed, like any other cryptos. No more coins will be minted at a certain point.
The  difference is you can visibly see the history of the chain. People need to try to think of huntercoin as a crypto currency and not so much as a game Smiley

Anyway, anything could happen in the future..

but knowing that no more coins will be mineable in the game should not have a negative impact on peoples views -- if it does, sell your bitcoins.

Pages: « 1 ... 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 [267] 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 ... 429 »
  Print  

Jump to: