Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 07:07:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 [722] 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 ... 1035 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained]  (Read 1369737 times)
dogechode

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 01:34:29 PM

Ok so over and over the same half a dozen people repeat "this coin is amazing" "strong buy indicators" etc honestly nice sentiments but absolutely no evidence to support these claims. We have been languishing for quite a while now, what is being done to actually improve the value of mint? Donations and merchant acceptance are all well and good but historically they haven't done much to prices.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
paspi

Activity: 185

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 01:37:33 PM

This address correct balance should be as marked in bold:

Short Link: http://mint.blockx.info/geta/MZQmqVedTS

Balance: 56630933.016 MINT
Transactions in: 566
Received: 117191028.051004 MINT
Transactions out: 351
Sent: 60560095.035004 MINT

Edit: Paspi already explained well.  Smiley
What's this message mean?

p, li { white-space: pre-wrap; }
{
"mismatched spent coins" : 146,
"amount in question" : 256424756.37458800
}

It means your wallet is not correctly synced with the downloaded blockchain. It found problems in 146 transactions regarding your wallet's addresses. Backup your wallet.dat and then run "repairwallet", it'll fix it, and your shown balance will increase.

MINT: MdPQhsGufjm5AXYkHebbnF2A155xDqVfK7
mintcointeam (OP)

Activity: 325
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 02:00:20 PM

CanadianSpy, creator of http://mintcoin-price.com/ and Moderator on our subreddit, needs some beta testers for an Android app CrypstyTrader

http://www.reddit.com/r/MintCoin/comments/253aeg/android_cryptsy_trader_v1_free_help_me_beta_test/

Help this guy please!
mintcointeam (OP)

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 02:03:37 PM

Ok so over and over the same half a dozen people repeat "this coin is amazing" "strong buy indicators" etc honestly nice sentiments but absolutely no evidence to support these claims. We have been languishing for quite a while now, what is being done to actually improve the value of mint? Donations and merchant acceptance are all well and good but historically they haven't done much to prices.

There's a plan, but we need MintCoin Fund to be official first.
lihuajkl
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 02:09:04 PM

The recent flood of shitcoins and scams are bringing people back to honest, hard working coins like Mint.

Indeed.

I have announcements notice enabled for altcoins and i get about 6-10 emails per day at the moment. 99% of them are just crap.
Theres one or perhaps two coins which could become something, but thats it.
I have always liked good coins, but last months is been shitstorm.

Since i have small scrypt asic farm(gridseeds), i always look for something new to mine.
Currently started mining Digit. It was launched today. Name is nice, OP is solid and perhaps it can become big.
Myriad is another one which i do like and stockpiled a small amount of it too.
And of course. Not selling a single cent off my Mintcoin.  Smiley

Me too, not selling a single MintCoin yet... (I have more then 2.5M)

I mine (whatever makes a buck), I dump, I buy Mint. Started mining Mint in the third week, so only got a couple hundred thousand that way. Been building my collection ever since though, and now have ~5.7M

I'm not selling any... until... maybe when (not if) Mint=10¢  Wink
me too! mining BTC and changing to mint! stockpile as much as I can!
dogechode

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 02:15:50 PM

Ok, I will keep watching for updates, I am holding my coins for the long run regardless. It just gets a little annoying when every time I check this thread there are like 50 thousand posts from the same few people just saying over and over again OMG THIS COIN IS AMAZING! PRICE TO THE MOON! when the price is not increasing and nothing has really changed. Every time I check the thread I have to read through 3+ pages of posts and 80% of them are nonsense like that with 1 or 2 real updates / useful information posts buried in there.
Maverick69

Activity: 458

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 03:08:30 PM

Ok, I will keep watching for updates, I am holding my coins for the long run regardless. It just gets a little annoying when every time I check this thread there are like 50 thousand posts from the same few people just saying over and over again OMG THIS COIN IS AMAZING! PRICE TO THE MOON! when the price is not increasing and nothing has really changed. Every time I check the thread I have to read through 3+ pages of posts and 80% of them are nonsense like that with 1 or 2 real updates / useful information posts buried in there.

How is this different from every other coin thread? ^^
rokkyroad
Legendary

Activity: 1090
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 03:19:15 PM

Check out the blackcoin thread(s) and this one will look pretty good to you.

I do agree with Mint prices languishing. Not just Mint either. Other quality coins are suffering. I hope ppl get tired of the quick rich schemes, one pump shitcoins, and come back to quality products.

" If you have to spam and shout to justify your existence then you are a shit coin."  TaunSew
dogechode

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 03:25:01 PM

The point isn't whether or not other coins are doing it in their threads (hey Mom, the other kids are jumping off the bridge can I join them?)

We are up to what 750 pages now? And a good chunk of it is just garbage. I for one would like to see a reduction in the useless spammy posts.
paspi

Activity: 185

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 03:38:08 PM

Android wallet update 5:

Proof of stake hash calculation is finally working Smiley As calculation of this value is dependent on whole blockchain and all aspects of POS coin, this also ensures all stake modifiers, etc. are working.

There are some small fixes and cleanup I have to do, but now a proper library is there, what's left is getting the UI ready on top of this.

MINT: MdPQhsGufjm5AXYkHebbnF2A155xDqVfK7
mintcointeam (OP)

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 03:43:50 PM

Android wallet update 5:

Proof of stake hash calculation is finally working Smiley As calculation of this value is dependent on whole blockchain and all aspects of POS coin, this also ensures all stake modifiers, etc. are working.

There are some small fixes and cleanup I have to do, but now a proper library is there, what's left is getting the UI ready on top of this.

Thanks paspi for your hard work, and the update!
Maverick69

Activity: 458

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 03:46:34 PM

The point isn't whether or not other coins are doing it in their threads (hey Mom, the other kids are jumping off the bridge can I join them?)

We are up to what 750 pages now? And a good chunk of it is just garbage. I for one would like to see a reduction in the useless spammy posts.

Nothing wrong in small talk. Why so serious?
bizzargin

Activity: 424

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 04:52:39 PM

Nothing wrong in small talk. Why so serious?

Second that...  plus it revives the thread.   If it's common offenders, just click that ignore button! Smiley
mr_random
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 05:03:20 PM

Android wallet update 5:

What's your plan so the android wallet won't require the whole blockchain?
DougB62

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

Banned: For Your Protection

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 05:15:52 PM

Inquisitiveness has overtaken me here, and I can't let it go anymore. My curiosity stems from the consistent interjections of how we don't seem to be doing enough to get this coin to "take off", or what makes "us" think that this coin is going to be worth something above 12 sats, and, we "seriously" need to do something to breathe some life into this coin.

I honestly don't know what's driving these "thoughts", but the leading indicator, in my opinion, that Mint is something special and different, that it is destined to rise above other alts, is the fact that in the three months that is has been in existence, it hasn't gone into single digits. (At least I don't think it has - someone correct me if I'm wrong.) If it were going to die, it wouldn't have taken this long, and it would have fallen lower than it has by now. It hasn't been the victim of any pump & dumps, it has held it's ground despite active attempts to kill it, and, outside of a very few other alts, it has the strongest, most helpful, good-willed, genuinely nice community I have witnessed in the very short time I have been involved in cryptos.

I'm not a financial genius or anything, but I'm no gambler. I'm frugal, and I don't waste anything - especially money. I can always use any money I came across, and will even stop to pick up those annoyingly "useless" pennies you find laying everywhere these days. If I thought there was no future (read "profit") to be had from this coin, I would have cashed out long ago, added it to my btc balance, and been done with it. But quite the opposite, I have been cashing out of other alts, and converting them to Mint. Precisely because I honestly see this coin increasing in value. I don't expect to get filthy rich from it, but I DO expect that I will make a healthy profit, when all is said and done.

If one is "overly" concerned with where the price is right now, it seems that this must be because they are not happy with the pace of increasing the value of their portfolio, or they are looking for a much quicker profit return. That's great, but I think if that is where you are, so to speak, then this probably isn't the crypto for you.

Concerning the amount of time building the "base" - merchants, to be specific - any business that is going to be successful needs to have a broad foundation. The larger, and more stable the foundation, the better. You can't build a house on a pole. Looking to spike a price without a substantial investment in establishing this foundation is futile in the long run. And for those who think the foundation is large enough, I would say that it can never be large enough. The bigger the foundation, the taller and grander your building can be, with the assurance (more or less) that it will take quite a large storm to shake the structure.

I want to see the price rise as much as the next person, but, as long as it isn't falling, I am happy with where it is right now. I don't think that any of the merchants are meaningless, because in the long run, they will introduce a few more people to Mint, and this can only be a good thing. I also think that this is one of the most sure ways to build Mint into a large and stable exchange medium. Spread it's base as far and wide as possible, and eventually it will organically begin to rise on it's own. If you get 10,000 people using Mint, you will get, well, not much of anything. Get 10,000,000 people using it, and you will have a situation that almost HAS TO become something huge, because it's quick, because it's easy... because it's green (environmentally), and therefore, "smart".

Anywho - I guess all I wanted to say really, is that Mint IS going places. It's going to take a while, but I'm good with that. I'd like to "Get Rich Quick!" too, but outside of winning the Powerball Lottery, that's probably not happening. And actually, since I don't waste my money, I don't play the lottery... so it's not going to happen anyway. (No disrespect to those who choose to play the lotteries.  Wink )

...Oh - and with the Mintcoin Fund - a worldwide, environmentally oriented organization using cryptocurrency as it's main form of exchange, I don't see how it couldn't succeed. Really. Unless the ball is dropped completely. And I really don't see us letting that happen. It's too good of an idea. And it's an idea that all of us believe in, or this community wouldn't be nearly as strong as it is.

I'm just rambling out loud now - so I'll stop. Grin

skeem

Activity: 229

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 05:40:20 PM

One of my mintcoin site is ready:

Mint Post - http://www.mint.tiv.cc/pdt/post

Coin Revolution
rlm42

Activity: 490

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 05:57:12 PM

Inquisitiveness has overtaken me here, and I can't let it go anymore. My curiosity stems from the consistent interjections of how we don't seem to be doing enough to get this coin to "take off", or what makes "us" think that this coin is going to be worth something above 12 sats, and, we "seriously" need to do something to breathe some life into this coin.

I honestly don't know what's driving these "thoughts", but the leading indicator, in my opinion, that Mint is something special and different, that it is destined to rise above other alts, is the fact that in the three months that is has been in existence, it hasn't gone into single digits. (At least I don't think it has - someone correct me if I'm wrong.) If it were going to die, it wouldn't have taken this long, and it would have fallen lower than it has by now. It hasn't been the victim of any pump & dumps, it has held it's ground despite active attempts to kill it, and, outside of a very few other alts, it has the strongest, most helpful, good-willed, genuinely nice community I have witnessed in the very short time I have been involved in cryptos.

I'm not a financial genius or anything, but I'm no gambler. I'm frugal, and I don't waste anything - especially money. I can always use any money I came across, and will even stop to pick up those annoyingly "useless" pennies you find laying everywhere these days. If I thought there was no future (read "profit") to be had from this coin, I would have cashed out long ago, added it to my btc balance, and been done with it. But quite the opposite, I have been cashing out of other alts, and converting them to Mint. Precisely because I honestly see this coin increasing in value. I don't expect to get filthy rich from it, but I DO expect that I will make a healthy profit, when all is said and done.

If one is "overly" concerned with where the price is right now, it seems that this must be because they are not happy with the pace of increasing the value of their portfolio, or they are looking for a much quicker profit return. That's great, but I think if that is where you are, so to speak, then this probably isn't the crypto for you.

Concerning the amount of time building the "base" - merchants, to be specific - any business that is going to be successful needs to have a broad foundation. The larger, and more stable the foundation, the better. You can't build a house on a pole. Looking to spike a price without a substantial investment in establishing this foundation is futile in the long run. And for those who think the foundation is large enough, I would say that it can never be large enough. The bigger the foundation, the taller and grander your building can be, with the assurance (more or less) that it will take quite a large storm to shake the structure.

I want to see the price rise as much as the next person, but, as long as it isn't falling, I am happy with where it is right now. I don't think that any of the merchants are meaningless, because in the long run, they will introduce a few more people to Mint, and this can only be a good thing. I also think that this is one of the most sure ways to build Mint into a large and stable exchange medium. Spread it's base as far and wide as possible, and eventually it will organically begin to rise on it's own. If you get 10,000 people using Mint, you will get, well, not much of anything. Get 10,000,000 people using it, and you will have a situation that almost HAS TO become something huge, because it's quick, because it's easy... because it's green (environmentally), and therefore, "smart".

Anywho - I guess all I wanted to say really, is that Mint IS going places. It's going to take a while, but I'm good with that. I'd like to "Get Rich Quick!" too, but outside of winning the Powerball Lottery, that's probably not happening. And actually, since I don't waste my money, I don't play the lottery... so it's not going to happen anyway. (No disrespect to those who choose to play the lotteries.  Wink )

...Oh - and with the Mintcoin Fund - a worldwide, environmentally oriented organization using cryptocurrency as it's main form of exchange, I don't see how it couldn't succeed. Really. Unless the ball is dropped completely. And I really don't see us letting that happen. It's too good of an idea. And it's an idea that all of us believe in, or this community wouldn't be nearly as strong as it is.

I'm just rambling out loud now - so I'll stop. Grin

Very well said mate. I have been holding since 18k+ bought a few months ago and I can't bring myself to sell it as I agree with everything you've said above. I've read that some people have predicted that only around 5 coins will survive at the end of this year and I see Mintcoin being one of those. It is a solid coin and I think people will eventually realise.
Derek492

Activity: 356

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 07:13:58 PM

The reality is that most people buy high and sell low. Most people chase returns, and that is why Most people have NOT been buying Mintcoin. Keep in mind that Most people are also NOT very wealthy, or smart financially.

The only thing that can change the price of a stock, commodity, index or Mintcoin for that matter, is a change in the supply/demand relationship. Therefore, we must measure the change in money flow.  However, the most reliable indicator of risk - although not as precise as money flow- is sentiment. It won't give you the exact day, week or even month of an important market turn; however, it does give you a great indication when the market is getting very vulnerable near top, and a bargain near a bottom.

At market tops, there is almost unanimous bullish sentiment. The biggest investors, money managers, the analysts most featured in the media, and the public are all bullish and declare that the bull market will continue for a long time. Caution is thrown to the wind. Investors abandon the practice of keeping a cash cushion in their portfolios. They are fully invested.

I suggest to you that this is exactly what happened with Mintcoin on or around February 24th.

At market lows, there is almost unanimous bearish sentiment. The biggest investors, money managers, the analysts most featured in the media, and the public are all bearish and declare that the the bear market will continue for a long time. Caution is heavily embraced. Investors resort to the practice of keeping a large cash cushion in their portfolios. They are scarcely invested.

I hope that this information helps you decide where Mintcoin is at today, and invest more wisely for the future.

Stop Mining.   Start Minting.   Mintcoin  [MINT]
5% annual minting reward. Mintcoins don't wear out like mining gear. They keep on minting!
Kergekoin

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 07:40:56 PM

Relax, enjoy your interest and wait.
Price of Mintcoin is nice and stable. It will definately go up in future, but dont expect rapid spikes anymore.

******  NB! The links below are affiliate - friend type links, which bring additional benefits both, to you and me  ******
Binance - Best Crypto Trading Platform          CoinBase - Fastest way from FIAT to Crypto
Windscribe - The quickest and easyest way to secure and anonymize your internet traffic
var53

Activity: 345

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 07:53:07 PM

Relax, enjoy your interest and wait.
Price of Mintcoin is nice and stable. It will definately go up in future, but dont expect rapid spikes anymore.

We get loads of interest for the first year anyway, so all we have to do is open our wallets once every 20 days and watch the mints roll in. I'm sure they will be worth loads when bitcoin rockets up in price again.
Pages: « 1 ... 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 [722] 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 ... 1035 »
  Print  

Jump to: