Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 11:09:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 [711] 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 ... 1035 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained]  (Read 1369737 times)
Kergekoin

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 01:48:38 PM

Could you make a screenshot of this input in coin control window? Are you sure that you have not reset this input age?
https://i.imgur.com/HnKReE8.jpg

All i have done is update the wallet to 1.9.1

I have not deleted anything from appdata, only deleted only mintcoin dir and replaced.

Transactions page is not the right place to look for your inputs age. Read what i wrote. You need to open coin control window, sort by conformations or date and see if you have coins old enough.
Transactions only show incoming and outgoing transactions, not inputs. For example, if you have input of 100K coins, you can reset this input age by transferring only 1 coin, if that 1 coin is chosen from this 100K coin input.
I repeat. Transaction page does not report coin input age!

I assume this is what your referring to?

https://i.imgur.com/UQsQnzz.jpg

So according to this coinage is under 20 day?

Sorry, but can you explain a little better what is happening here? I just want to understand the POS process.  Smiley

Yes. You can sort by list mode to see more detailed inputs info, but you are a lot closer to trueth now.
As you can see, the oldest coins you have are only about 16 days old.
This means that you have made transfer(s) out after you recieved that payment you took screenshot of transactions tab before and reset that input coin age.
If you want to reserve your large inputs and still need make a payment out, then i suggest you start using coin control features on your send coins tab.
Coin control features have been explained in many threads before. One good example is here.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=144331.0

This info holds true for all cryptocoins, including Mintcoin.

******  NB! The links below are affiliate - friend type links, which bring additional benefits both, to you and me  ******
Binance - Best Crypto Trading Platform          CoinBase - Fastest way from FIAT to Crypto
Windscribe - The quickest and easyest way to secure and anonymize your internet traffic

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mgburks77

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 02:16:54 PM

Disconnecting 84k blocks doesn't seem logical to me, I think you're either using 1.6 or 1.7 and your wallet switches back and forth on POW+POS blockchain (1.6-) and the POS-

I've been using "version" : "v1.0.0.0" since the very beginning, I will update it now thanks Smiley

This right here is a very good reason why every wallet should have an annoying message that appears when you open your wallet to inform you that an upgrade is required...just like Windows and FireFox and all other types of software. We are talking about peoples money here, and I suspect that if this was a bank, they would inform you right away that you need to upgrade.

Can we get someone to implement this into the next wallet upgrade please?

Mintcoin is not a bank though, and really playing around with these clients is beta testing.  This is what it says on the "about mintcoin" selection in the help menu of the client; to whit:

"This is experimental software. If you don't treat it as such, you're likely to put an eye out!"

Cheesy

The point of cryptocurrency is to have granular control of your personal finances so taking responsibility for keeping up with updates etc by checking in the community on their own is something people will have to get used to.

I understand that Mintcoin, nor any other crypto is a bank, what I'm saying is that even though it is Beta software, the whole idea of Beta, is to allow people to use it and give recommendations for improvements, as well as report bugs and such to the people that are responsible for the upgrading and development of such software.

As you and I both know, pretty much everyone that is involved in crypto's has more than one wallet that they use for altcoins. I myself have over 15 wallets, some I use regularly, others are just sitting and holding coins. It's a chore at times to keep track of all the updates to wallets all the time. If Mintcoin were to come out with a wallet that informs the owner that an upgrade is ready to be downloaded, this would just add so much more to the viability of our coin.

If I hadn't seen on Twitter that Reddcoin is going to be changing everything about their coin soon, and their wallet is going to have to be upgraded, I would never have know about it. I don't frequent the Reddcoin forums or Reddit any longer, the same as Dogecoin.

It's something that I think would be a great addition to our wallet, and would make it better than all the others.

That would require the client being monitored and sending an update from a server
powersup

Activity: 406

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 02:27:14 PM

Could you make a screenshot of this input in coin control window? Are you sure that you have not reset this input age?
https://i.imgur.com/HnKReE8.jpg

All i have done is update the wallet to 1.9.1

I have not deleted anything from appdata, only deleted only mintcoin dir and replaced.

Transactions page is not the right place to look for your inputs age. Read what i wrote. You need to open coin control window, sort by conformations or date and see if you have coins old enough.
Transactions only show incoming and outgoing transactions, not inputs. For example, if you have input of 100K coins, you can reset this input age by transferring only 1 coin, if that 1 coin is chosen from this 100K coin input.
I repeat. Transaction page does not report coin input age!

I assume this is what your referring to?

https://i.imgur.com/UQsQnzz.jpg

So according to this coinage is under 20 day?

Sorry, but can you explain a little better what is happening here? I just want to understand the POS process.  Smiley

Yes. You can sort by list mode to see more detailed inputs info, but you are a lot closer to trueth now.
As you can see, the oldest coins you have are only about 16 days old.
This means that you have made transfer(s) out after you recieved that payment you took screenshot of transactions tab before and reset that input coin age.
If you want to reserve your large inputs and still need make a payment out, then i suggest you start using coin control features on your send coins tab.
Coin control features have been explained in many threads before. One good example is here.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=144331.0

This info holds true for all cryptocoins, including Mintcoin.

Ok, thanks for the link, so if i understand correctly when coins are staked it is the same as "sending" coins? So does that mean when coins are staked their coinage is reset?
MarSas

Activity: 574

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 02:39:17 PM

Yup, after they stake, they have 0 coinage days.
ficklepickle

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2014, 05:35:24 PM

I mined from day 2 and I have to keep my mintcoin wallet open 24/7 to get all my POS coins.

So I just leave my Mintcoin wallet open on a low power linux laptop along with 20 others. 

It would be cool if there was an online wallet that did POS for you.   

luuupooo

Activity: 90
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 05:59:01 PM
Last edit: May 02, 2014, 08:26:02 AM by luuupooo

https://www.thunderclap.it/projects/10998-sonoma-county-redwood-reforest?locale=enHello minters

we still have the change to show our support for our first project on mintcoinfund.
We have 3 days left to get another 48 people.
So if we work together its easy.
Please support  

qwizzie
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 06:31:56 PM
Last edit: May 01, 2014, 07:29:28 PM by qwizzie

question that got raised in the reddit forum of Mintcoin by Sudeep1360:

Wallet takes forever to open!
Is it just me. been over 10 minutes and still stuck on loading block index. become much slower after the update to 1.9

http://www.reddit.com/r/MintCoin/comments/24fqx1/wallet_takes_forever_to_open/

I responded with the following :

Found the wallet starting slow from the start .. mostly it seems to be just loading RAM memory very slow till it reaches something like 150 MB RAM and then it will start the actual program. However this shouldnt take 10 minutes as you describe. More like 2 minutes top..

You could try adding -dbcache=200 in the shortcut, in theory this should force Mintcoin to dedicate 200 RAM memory for its operations.

example : rightclick shortcut and click properties, then shortcut, then target

change

C:\Mintcoin\mintcoin-qt.exe

to

C:\Mintcoin\mintcoin-qt.exe -dbcache=200

note : tbh i'm not sure the whole -dbcache=... command option is properly put into the mintcoin wallet, it was introduced much better into the latest bitcoin wallet and works far more effective in there it seems.

**********************************************************************************

see link for how its currently implemented in the bitcoin wallet : http://imgur.com/RWXG51M

question to this forum : is this something you guys regnonice ? this slow starting of Mintcoin wallet ? Is it indeed RAM related ? Or could it be something else ?

EDIT : See also http://www.reddit.com/r/MintCoin/comments/21kep3/caching_block_index_so_wallet_loads_faster_can_it/

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
paspi

Activity: 185
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 07:48:49 PM

Just to let you know I'm still working on the android wallet. Bumped to a few walls last week, but I think I found a way around them, been busy implementing it. Will post a detailed update soon.

MINT: MdPQhsGufjm5AXYkHebbnF2A155xDqVfK7
maryvale

Activity: 254

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 07:52:38 PM

Just to let you know I'm still working on the android wallet. Bumped to a few walls last week, but I think I found a way around them, been busy implementing it. Will post a detailed update soon.

would be great to have android wallet!
KSGuy

Activity: 429

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 08:07:27 PM

Is it just me. been over 10 minutes and still stuck on loading block index. become much slower after the update to 1.9

Found the wallet starting slow from the start .. mostly it seems to be just loading RAM memory very slow till it reaches something like 150 MB RAM and then it will start the actual program. However this shouldnt take 10 minutes as you describe. More like 2 minutes top..

You could try adding -dbcache=200 in the shortcut, in theory this should force Mintcoin to dedicate 200 RAM memory for its operations.

change

to

note : tbh i'm not sure the whole -dbcache=... command option is properly put into the mintcoin wallet, it was introduced much better into the latest bitcoin wallet and works far more effective in there it seems.

**********************************************************************************

see link for how its currently implemented in the bitcoin wallet : http://imgur.com/RWXG51M

question to this forum : is this something you guys regnonice ? this slow starting of Mintcoin wallet ? Is it indeed RAM related ? Or could it be something else ?

EDIT : See also http://www.reddit.com/r/MintCoin/comments/21kep3/caching_block_index_so_wallet_loads_faster_can_it/

It's been extremely slow to open for me as well
Everytime I try to unlock it to mint, it crashes Sad
I haven't had time to wait 10 mins yet though, maybe tonight after work.
visual111

Activity: 493

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 08:18:24 PM
Last edit: May 01, 2014, 09:05:37 PM by visual111

I mined from day 2 and I have to keep my mintcoin wallet open 24/7 to get all my POS coins.

So I just leave my Mintcoin wallet open on a low power linux laptop along with 20 others.  

It would be cool if there was an online wallet that did POS for you.    

That puts coins into circulation faster, which could lead to a value reduction

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

INTRODUCING WAVES
ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM

mintcointeam (OP)

Activity: 325

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 10:38:10 PM

1 MILLION MINTCOIN GIVEAWAY! by TheLogicaldan

http://www.reddit.com/r/MintCoin/comments/24ea6p/1_million_mintcoin_giveaway/

lets spread the word around..

qwizzie

This is still active!
coolbeans94

Activity: 613

Mintcoin: Get some

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 01:52:03 AM

https://www.thunderclap.it/projects/10998-sonoma-county-redwood-reforest?locale=enHello minters

we still have the change to show our support for our first project on mintcoifund.
Please support   

Someone should post this to every environmental subreddit ...I'm sure there are plenty of enviro-activists that would love to promote this thunderclap campaign.

(1.) Moral happiness depends upon moral order.
(2.) Moral order depends upon the harmonious action of all our powers, as
individuals and as members of society.
RoyalSands

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 02:36:43 AM

change

to

It's been extremely slow to open for me as well
Everytime I try to unlock it to mint, it crashes Sad
I haven't had time to wait 10 mins yet though, maybe tonight after work.

Of all the wallets I have mintcoin is by far the slowest to open.
coolbeans94

Activity: 613

Mintcoin: Get some

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 03:53:04 AM

I am still using wallet version 1.8 which doesn't take too long to load and works flawlessly. 1.8 is more basic, but seems like the most reliable at this point...the slow loading must be a new issue only with the new wallet, correct?

(1.) Moral happiness depends upon moral order.
(2.) Moral order depends upon the harmonious action of all our powers, as
individuals and as members of society.
mgburks77

Activity: 364

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 06:10:38 AM

I have v 1.9.1 and it seems to load very quickly and work perfectly. Minted the correct amount right on time for me. I haven't ever really had trouble with any of these mint wallets really other than the odd known issue which has always been quickly patched, usually before I even notice anything lol.

I wonder if people are installing in the default locations etc or changing directories or whatever.
DougB62

Activity: 672

Banned: For Your Protection

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 06:29:53 AM

I am still using wallet version 1.8 which doesn't take too long to load and works flawlessly. 1.8 is more basic, but seems like the most reliable at this point...the slow loading must be a new issue only with the new wallet, correct?
Nah - I have had this issue with every ver. I have installed - takes between 3-5 mins. loading the blockchain.

I have v 1.9.1 and it seems to load very quickly and work perfectly. Minted the correct amount right on time for me. I haven't ever really had trouble with any of these mint wallets really other than the odd known issue which has always been quickly patched, usually before I even notice anything lol.

I wonder if people are installing in the default locations etc or changing directories or whatever.
  Default location - I seldom close the wallet, so there is never very much to sync (doesn't matter though, it's the loading of the blkchn that takes nearly all of the time).

I'm running:
  • Win 7 Ult. x64
  • Intel i5-3570K OC'd to 4.2Ghz
  • 16GB RAM
...should b enough to deal with a wallet.

I also run a very scaled back windows - I hate bloat, and I don't install extras that chew up a system's resources - right now, running Firefox, 2 wallets, my email client, and 3 miner instances, my memory usage is 3.2GB. It's sort of odd that it takes that long to load, but I've just become accustomed to it.
qwizzie
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 06:37:47 AM

i have 1.9.1 installed on my C drive (SSD drive) with default installation path and a version installed on my D drive (HDD drive)
with an extra option -datadir=D:\MintcoinData so it knows where to look for the datadir.

In both cases Mintcoin takes a long time to load and if you look at it with the taskcontrol its loading the necessary RAM for
Mintcoin-Qt.exe really really slow.  

Thats whats worries me .. if i compare it with for example starting up the latest Bitcoin wallet i notice it loads the RAM up in a few seconds while
with the Mintcoin wallet it takes the RAM loading several minutes.

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
jakema

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 07:08:56 AM

i have 1.9.1 installed and its like the older ones they all took about 5mins to load n use 200mb of ram n hovers around 20% cpu usage but it mints everday and is working perfectly so im happy Grin
xiaozhubao

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 07:18:27 AM

we still have the change to show our support for our first project on mintcoifund.
Please support   

I'll support the project. We need 47 people now .
Pages: « 1 ... 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 [711] 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 ... 1035 »
  Print  

Jump to: