Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 08:21:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 [713] 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 ... 1035 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained]  (Read 1369739 times)
g0re79

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

I´ve got a picture! Haha!

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2014, 08:04:25 AM

I'm having a problem with the new wallet (1.9.1)

Minting has been much slower and I minted less coins this time around, even with the extra coins from the previous minting.

This is my 2nd mint for the coins I'm talking about, so obviously I should be getting more.

The wallet has said that I'll be earning a reward in 1 hour for a long time now.

I have a fair amount of coins. I'm just below half on the rich list, so number of coins shouldn't be an issue, unless I'm misunderstanding something

here is thread on reddit. two other people said they have this issue too http://www.reddit.com/r/MintCoin/comments/24jc17/expected_time_to_earn_reward_time_not_changing/

There are no issues with code. It all works fine. Read a my earlier posts in this thread for more info.

TLDR. My wallet was minted almost every day, now it shows (for 4 days) that estimated time to earn reward is 200 days. Wallet is open 24/7 with over 1m coins about 2 months old..

Don´t deal with crappy shitcoins and stop wasting electricity
Support real science instead
[/url]

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Kergekoin

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 08:26:10 AM

If its TLDR for you then your last hope is this picture below:

******  NB! The links below are affiliate - friend type links, which bring additional benefits both, to you and me  ******
Binance - Best Crypto Trading Platform          CoinBase - Fastest way from FIAT to Crypto
Windscribe - The quickest and easyest way to secure and anonymize your internet traffic
alijiba

Activity: 76
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 08:33:27 AM

so,I noticed that my wallet is doing that "trying to synch ~10k blocks when I don't really need to sync" issue a lot less lately, so that is definitely an improvement.  Smiley

g0re79

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2014, 09:07:51 AM

If its TLDR for you then your last hope is this picture below:

Nice. I read tons of mostly useless retarded post all the time, instead of doing other things like playing with kids. I am sick and tired of that. And I´ve already read Your posts. I still can´t figure out where is the problem - why there is 200 day estimate time to get reward, when minting works well before update to 1.9.1. Does minting itself broke coin age? Because I did not send any coins out of wallet. If so, its lame..

Edit: No offense - That retarded post thing does not apply to Your posts

[/url]
coolbeans94

Activity: 613

Mintcoin: Get some

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 09:20:43 AM

Love this meme  Cheesy

http://www.reddit.com/r/MintCoin/comments/24lw4z/always_remember/

(1.) Moral happiness depends upon moral order.
(2.) Moral order depends upon the harmonious action of all our powers, as
individuals and as members of society.
paspi

Activity: 185
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 10:10:06 AM

Only the bottom 2 transactions (of low value 3.2532 and 2.7497) are eligible for minting, the others are too new (less than 20 days old).

Minting coins destroy coin age of the stake, you have to wait another 20 days after a successful mint (in a few days, the top 2 transactions that occured on 14-04-14 will become eligible again)

MINT: MdPQhsGufjm5AXYkHebbnF2A155xDqVfK7
g0re79

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2014, 10:16:11 AM

// IMAGE CUT OFF
Only the bottom 2 transactions (of low value 3.2532 and 2.7497) are eligible for minting, the others are too new (less than 20 days old).

Minting coins destroy coin age of the stake, you have to wait another 20 days after a successful mint (in a few days, the top 2 transactions that occured on 14-04-14 will become eligible again)

Thanks, thats lame indeed, but that does not explain that 200 days

[/url]
Kergekoin

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 10:37:55 AM
Last edit: May 03, 2014, 10:55:43 AM by Kergekoin

// IMAGE CUT OFF

200 days is in tooltip because currenty you have only about 6 coins participating for mint. 20% yearly from 6 coins is about 1.x coins per year. This amount is in absolute bottom of priority list.
Soon you will  have larger amounts rolling for mint and tooltip will change to lesser time, since it shows highest priority of all coins which are participating for mint.

For anyone who does not understand how minting/staking mechanism works for coins, i suggest to stop worrying about it and relax. Everything works just the way it is meant to work. You will get your 20% yearly even if you open your wallet only once per month.

If you want to fully understand how cryptocoins work, then i would suggest you to start reading and learning the source code. As far as i know - no one, in any coin thread has  explained how PoS works in detail.
It takes probably entire book worth of material to explain every detail.

******  NB! The links below are affiliate - friend type links, which bring additional benefits both, to you and me  ******
Binance - Best Crypto Trading Platform          CoinBase - Fastest way from FIAT to Crypto
Windscribe - The quickest and easyest way to secure and anonymize your internet traffic
g0re79

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2014, 10:56:15 AM

// IMAGE CUT OFF

200 days is in tooltip because currenty you have only about 6 coins participating for mint. 20% yearly from 6 coins is about 1.x coins per year. This amount is in absolute bottom of priority list.
Soon you will  have larger amounts rolling for mint and tooltip will change to lesser time, since it takes average of all coins which are participating for mint.

OK, it makes sense this way, thanks. Anyway with all this fuzzy rules whole POS looks like some kind of woodoo...

For anyone who does not understand how minting/staking mechanism works for coins, i suggest to stop worrying about it and relax. Everything works just the way it is meant to work. You will get your 20% yearly even if you open your wallet only once per month.

Yes, they told that same about WhiteCoin  Grin

[/url]
Kergekoin

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 11:14:09 AM
Last edit: May 03, 2014, 11:26:09 AM by Kergekoin

OK. I modified my post a little. Tooltip shows the highest input in priority, not average.

I will try to make a simple explanation.
As you may know. There is one block generated in every 30 seconds. All open wallets with all aged inputs in them are rolling for that next block. Its kind of like lottery. There are many tickets, but only few winners in each block. There are two variables.
First variable is amount. Large inputs have more tickets and small inputs have less tickets for each block.
Second variable is time. Older inputs have more tickets and newer inputs have less tickets for each block.
Each time block is found, there are parameters which determine the block size. This doesnt matter atm. Lets just say that only half of the current coins can be winners for this block.
So half of all the tickets are drawn randomly. This is why tooltip is never completely accurate. It calculates the odds, not the certain case.
The more tickets your input has, the bigger change it has to generate mint. If it does not get lucky for this block, it will have even more tickets for the next block and so on.
When your input finally is chosen for block, you will get your mint payment. Your input is sent to your own address and your interest coins get added to it. This resets your input age, so it can start aging again.

Hopefully this helps.  Smiley

Yes, they told that same about WhiteCoin  Grin

I dont know what happened to whitecoin. I did give a little look at its source. So all i  know is that its direct clone of Mintcoin older source code.

visual111

Activity: 493

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 01:16:26 PM

I'm having a problem with the new wallet (1.9.1)

Minting has been much slower and I minted less coins this time around, even with the extra coins from the previous minting.

This is my 2nd mint for the coins I'm talking about, so obviously I should be getting more.

The wallet has said that I'll be earning a reward in 1 hour for a long time now.

I have a fair amount of coins. I'm just below half on the rich list, so number of coins shouldn't be an issue, unless I'm misunderstanding something

here is thread on reddit. two other people said they have this issue too http://www.reddit.com/r/MintCoin/comments/24jc17/expected_time_to_earn_reward_time_not_changing/

There are no issues with code. It all works fine. Read a my earlier posts in this thread for more info.

Where are your earlier posts? There are 700+ pages.

I don't understand why I minted less coins. I get that smaller amounts are going to take longer to mint, IE the minted amounts from 20 days ago. But that doesn't explain why less coins have been minted. The large amounts should mint right away like they did before, so I should have at least an amount equal to what I got 20 days ago by this point plus more.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

INTRODUCING WAVES
ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM

Kergekoin

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 01:21:09 PM

You can read just few pages back or search my user name on this thread.
I have explained it all with screenshots. Amounts are calculated based on 20% yearly interest. You will not always get same amount of coins because large inputs get occasionaly splited (as a result you can get two half size interest payment instead of one full size) and by transferring coins you reset your selected input(s) age.

mintcointeam (OP)

Activity: 325

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 01:26:30 PM

New merchant for MintCoin! Buy neuro enhancers at http://healthiverse.net/
visual111

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 01:57:47 PM
Last edit: May 03, 2014, 02:21:34 PM by visual111

You can read just few pages back or search my user name on this thread.
I have explained it all with screenshots. Amounts are calculated based on 20% yearly interest. You will not always get same amount of coins because large inputs get occasionaly splited (as a result you can get two half size interest payment instead of one full size)

I understand that the minted amounts won't have the exact same numerical value, but the sum of amounts should be greater.

Lets say I minted 10k total 20 days ago from two inputs (these two inputs have same coinage). I got those 10k coins in however many minted transactions with whatever values, it doesn't matter. The point is 10k coins were minted.

Fast forward to 24 days later. The wallet only mints 8k coins, even though I have more coins.

I haven't moved coins from the address I'm talking about.

edit: I loaded 1.8 wallet and have minted twice within 40 minutes, larger amounts too. I had 1.9.1 open for hours and got nothing. Could be a coincidence, sure.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

INTRODUCING WAVES

Kergekoin

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 02:33:26 PM

Nothing related to minting parameters in source code has changed. If anyone would try to change minting values, it would lead to fork, because those blocks would be rejected by main chain.
That is one of the reasons why cryptocoins are secure and safe. No one can abuse the code and end up with more coins than others.

dogechode

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 02:40:17 PM

What is the best way to combine using coin control? With HBN I could just create a second wallet in the app and send coins to wallet B (and then back to A if desired) to combine them but mint doesn't support multiple wallets right?
Kergekoin

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 02:46:02 PM

What is the best way to combine using coin control? With HBN I could just create a second wallet in the app and send coins to wallet B (and then back to A if desired) to combine them but mint doesn't support multiple wallets right?

Theres no need to use second wallet for combining inputs. You can simply transfer coins to your own address = send the coins to yourself.

visual111

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 02:48:10 PM

Nothing related to minting parameters in source code has changed. If anyone would try to change minting values, it would lead to fork, because those blocks would be rejected by main chain.
That is one of the reasons why cryptocoins are secure and safe. No one can abuse the code and end up with more coins than others.

Yet the wallet has minted 15% less coins. I'll see what happens on 1.8 throughout the day

I'm not making any accusations that someone monkeyed with the code, I'm just wondering why I have received less with the 1.9.1 wallet. As I said before, I'm using 1.8 again and got 2 mint transactions right away so I've compromised any comparison between minting ability of the two wallets.

Let's see what others say

INTRODUCING WAVES

Kergekoin

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 02:54:41 PM

OK, im tired of explaining this over and over again. I quit  Cheesy.

visual111

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 03:03:21 PM

OK, im tired of explaining this over and over again. I quit  Cheesy.

I'll re-read your posts later...I'm a bit stressed about other things right now. The mind likes to make problems where they don't necessarily exist when you're stressed...

INTRODUCING WAVES

Pages: « 1 ... 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 [713] 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 ... 1035 »
  Print  

Jump to: