Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 11:31:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 [709] 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 ... 1035 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained]  (Read 1369737 times)
roslinpl
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1199

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2014, 06:50:09 PM

Please keep the price this low for the next few weeks so I can buy some mint for cheap  Grin

Haha.. Maybe you will be lucky but this is hard to say. Markets are hard to predict as you know Wink

The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ficklepickle

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2014, 06:54:49 PM

need help can seem to figure out why wallet 1.9.1 says minting 1 days then reopen wallet next day 22 hours and then today it says back to 1 days Huh?

The estimate is based on how long you'll have to leave the wallet open. This is how it gains weight. So, if you have a 22 hr estimate, then close your wallet, you're going to be looking at another 22 hrs when you open it again. Sorry   Embarrassed

Remember, the network is secured by the minting process. Mint is nice, because you don't always have to open your wallet, but when you do you have to do your fair share to secure the network. Hope this helps you understand.

I think part of the problem is that a ton of people on here seem to think they can just open the wallet once their coins are 20 days old, mint a reward, then close the wallet and open it again in 20 days. I call this "guerilla staking." Folks, that's just not how proof-of-stake (or minting, if you prefer) works. You need to keep the damn wallet open all the time to get the maximum stake reward over time.

People are a bunch of greedy assholes and don't give two shits about securing the network or benefiting others they just want to get their coins make a profit and every else can suck an egg. That mentality isn't going to fly when you're dealing with a coin that relies 100% on people minting in order to secure the network, process transactions, etc.

In short: LEAVE THE WALLET OPEN ALL THE TIME.

We really should have an explanation graphic about this.  The whole point of POS coins is to have the wallets open all the time.  

Also, stop by the thunderclap for the Mintcoin reforestation project: https://www.thunderclap.it/projects/10998-sonoma-county-redwood-reforest

coolbeans94

Activity: 613
Merit: 500

Mintcoin: Get some

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 07:32:02 PM

Is mintcoin able to be mined via POW at all any more?

Not directly, but you can still mine Mintcoin indirectly using the multipool https://hashco.ws/

Just set it to payout in Mintcoins if you have a decent mining rig, you can make many thousands of coins per day!

(1.) Moral happiness depends upon moral order.
(2.) Moral order depends upon the harmonious action of all our powers, as
individuals and as members of society.
coolbeans94

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 07:40:51 PM

About 4 hours and 20 minutes left to vote for Mintcoin at https://mywl.lt/voting/

Anyone have any BTC to throw at this to make Mintcoin #1? Maybe we could buy the votes at the last second and get added!  Cheesy

omahapoker

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 08:18:46 PM

think its too for a rally
qwizzie
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 08:27:58 PM

1 MILLION MINTCOIN GIVEAWAY! by TheLogicaldan

http://www.reddit.com/r/MintCoin/comments/24ea6p/1_million_mintcoin_giveaway/

lets spread the word around..

qwizzie

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
Sandals4life

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 08:41:59 PM

About 4 hours and 20 minutes left to vote for Mintcoin at https://mywl.lt/voting/

Anyone have any BTC to throw at this to make Mintcoin #1? Maybe we could buy the votes at the last second and get added!  Cheesy
I think it is a scam. I could have sworn that I saw them remove some Mintcoin votes.  Huh
KaChingCoinDev

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 09:32:47 PM

need help can seem to figure out why wallet 1.9.1 says minting 1 days then reopen wallet next day 22 hours and then today it says back to 1 days Huh?

The estimate is based on how long you'll have to leave the wallet open. This is how it gains weight. So, if you have a 22 hr estimate, then close your wallet, you're going to be looking at another 22 hrs when you open it again. Sorry   Embarrassed

Remember, the network is secured by the minting process. Mint is nice, because you don't always have to open your wallet, but when you do you have to do your fair share to secure the network. Hope this helps you understand.

I think part of the problem is that a ton of people on here seem to think they can just open the wallet once their coins are 20 days old, mint a reward, then close the wallet and open it again in 20 days. I call this "guerilla staking." Folks, that's just not how proof-of-stake (or minting, if you prefer) works. You need to keep the damn wallet open all the time to get the maximum stake reward over time.

People are a bunch of greedy assholes and don't give two shits about securing the network or benefiting others they just want to get their coins make a profit and every else can suck an egg. That mentality isn't going to fly when you're dealing with a coin that relies 100% on people minting in order to secure the network, process transactions, etc.

In short: LEAVE THE WALLET OPEN ALL THE TIME.

We really should have an explanation graphic about this.  The whole point of POS coins is to have the wallets open all the time.  

Also, stop by the thunderclap for the Mintcoin reforestation project: https://www.thunderclap.it/projects/10998-sonoma-county-redwood-reforest

But wait, MINT is environment friendly. We need to turn off our computers  Wink
mintcointeam (OP)

Activity: 325

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 10:46:14 PM

Anyone have any BTC to throw at this to make Mintcoin #1? Maybe we could buy the votes at the last second and get added!  Cheesy
I think it is a scam. I could have sworn that I saw them remove some Mintcoin votes.  Huh

The owner just PM'ed me to tell someone was cheating with the vote with proxies.
Whoever you are, please stop, or Mint will be removed from the list.
I guess we will be added eventually, so no need to cheat!

Langly

Activity: 213
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 10:51:04 PM

Is minting broken https://i.imgur.com/xhfaFia.png 7000+ days for a reward what the frell.
okaynow

Activity: 546

PGP 9CB0902E

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 10:53:54 PM

also, people should really avoid paying to buy votes..

I dont know who thought of that first, but he probably made millions out of it.
Exchanges do that only for their profit, and they will also collect hot coins with trade fees.
Its just pure greed on their part IMO.

1PeecNu1J8VNKpgR13nasMZWLcMZrwNJfc
everybodyclapyohands

Activity: 132

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2014, 11:11:24 PM

Exchanges do that only for their profit, and they will also collect hot coins with trade fees.

I just want to say that running an online wallet is a hell of a lot different than an exchange. I lose a lot of money every month running this service, and charge nothing more than the minimum network transaction fees. I will continue to run the site while losing money simply because I feel it's a vital piece of the community and many people rely on it every day.

The paid vote structure is only there in case you feel that you want to donate to help support your coin. If you want your community to thrive, it takes donations to keep services up and running. If a community is small but dedicated, they may feel it is worth some donations to have a safe and reliable online wallet. On the other hand, some communities are big enough that they only need to submit votes via the site. As opposed to an exchange where the goal is to buy your way on then dump your coins at a profit, donating for this vote is a way for all coins to have a shot at being supported by a service that is high quality and integral to the growth of the coin.

Secure Online Wallet - https://mywl.lt - Vote for your favorite coin
IRC Wallets #digitalcoin on irc.freenode.net
DGC Faucet Free digitalcoin Open source faucet written in NodeJS
coolbeans94

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 12:00:28 AM

Is minting broken https://i.imgur.com/xhfaFia.png 7000+ days for a reward what the frell.
I think that just means that currently, you don't have very many coins that are past the 20 day waiting period. Once more of your coins get past the 20 day waiting period then that number will start to drop dramatically. Right now, you probably have a fraction of a coin (something like 0.0087 of a mintcoin) past the 20 days waiting period. Hope that help maybe explain it. It is only estimating when you are likely to mint based on the coins that are past 20 days from their last transaction, if I understand it correctly.

WALKEN-COIN

Activity: 269

Parsec Frontiers Pre-Sale 24.01.2018

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2014, 12:11:20 AM

While there are real-world uses for online wallets (being able to access coins from a coffee shop computer while on vacation), and it would be nice for Mintcoin to be accessible from some of them, there will CERTAINLY be a fair number of these services starting up this year.

So if there will be more and more online wallets starting up and looking for customers, what will they have to do to attract them?

Answer: Support lots of coins to draw in as many users as possible, so they can grow a user base and become profitable through whatever fee structure they have in place.

The USERS WHO DECIDE TO USE THE SERVICE should be the ones "paying the rent" so to speak through usage fees. Why should the coin community pay for the ability for Joe Shmoe to use an online wallet when the online wallet makers will be making money off of Joe Shmoe himself?

There is ZERO reason to throw money at a service to get your coin on the service, since there will be a fair number of competitve services in the very near future JUMPING at the chance to add Mintcoin, which has a good sized user base.

And I'm sorry to say, if an Online wallet operator/creator has set things up so that he loses money every month, perhaps he should re-structure his fees toward the users end, and just add as many coins as possible so people will actually show up and pay him to use his service. Why even bother with the bribe system?

This is the EXACT same bullshit that made people blow off Coinkite.

Just my opinion, but I think it is an opinion that makes sense.

███
           ██▀██
          ██   ██
▄▄▄▄▄▄   ██     ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▄▄▄▄▄
████████▄   ███    █████████▄   █████████  █████████▀  █████████
███   ▀██  █████   ███   ▀███  ████▀       ███        ███▀   ▀███
███   ▄█▀ ███▀███  ███   ▄███  ████▄▄▄     ███▄▄▄▄▄  ███       ▀
███████▀ ███   ███ ▀████████▀   ▀███████   ████████  ███
███▀▀▀  ███     ███ ▀█▀▀███     ▄   ▀▀███  ███       ███       ▄
███    ███       ███ ▀   ███   ███▄▄▄▄███  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███▄   ▄███
███   ███ ▄█████▄ ███     ███  ▀███████▀   ██████████  █████████
                   ███                                   ▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███  ▄▄▄▄       ▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███████████████████▄ ███ ▀██████    ████    █████████████████  ██████████  █████████▄   █████████
███        ███    ▀█▄ ███    ▀███   █████   ███    ███    ███  ███         ███   ▀███  ████▀
███        ███    ▄██  ███     ███  ██████  ███    ███    ███  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███   ▄███  ████▄▄▄
████████████████████▀ ▄ ███    ███  ███ ███ ███    ███    ███  ██████████  █████████▀   ▀███████
███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▀▀███   █▄ ███  ███   ███  ██████    ███    ███  ███         ███▀▀███     ▄   ▀▀███
███        ███   ███   █▄ ███ ▀█    ███   █████    ███    ███  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███   ███   ███▄▄▄▄███
███        ███    ███   ▀  ▀█▀      ███    ████    ███    ███  ██████████  ███    ███  ▀███████▀

███
    ███
███ ███ ███
    ▀▀▀  ██
███████████
██  ▄▄▄
███ ███ ███
    ▀▀▀  ██
███████████
██  ▄▄▄
███ ███ ███
    ███
    ███

███
    ███
███ ███ ███
██  ▀▀▀
███████████
    ▄▄▄  ██
███ ███ ███
██  ▀▀▀
███████████
    ▄▄▄  ██
███ ███ ███
    ███
    ███
[]
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
Discord
Facebook
Twitter
powersup

Activity: 406

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 12:12:47 AM

seem im not minting coins after upgrading to wallet 1.9.1.

stake icon status is "Not minting because you dont have mature coins"  However i have minted plenty of coins before upgrading the wallet, and I have not moved any coins recently. wallet is unlocked.

Can anyone give advise?

Code:

{
"version" : "v1.9.1.0",
"protocolversion" : 60006,
"walletversion" : 60000,
"balance" : 332939.63232300,
"newmint" : 0.00000000,
"stake" : 0.00000000,
"blocks" : 299470,
"moneysupply" : 18941662370.91911316,
"connections" : 12,
"proxy" : "",
"ip" : "[i]hidden[/i]",
"difficulty" : 0.06147789,
"testnet" : false,
"keypoololdest" : 1393760875,
"keypoolsize" : 101,
"paytxfee" : 0.00000000,
"unlocked_until" : 0,
"errors" : ""
}
everybodyclapyohands

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2014, 12:23:01 AM

While there are real-world uses for online wallets (being able to access coins from a coffee shop computer while on vacation), and it would be nice for Mintcoin to be accessible from some of them, there will CERTAINLY be a fair number of these services starting up this year.

So if there will be more and more online wallets starting up and looking for customers, what will they have to do to attract them?

Answer: Support lots of coins to draw in as many users as possible, so they can grow a user base and become profitable through whatever fee structure they have in place.

The USERS WHO DECIDE TO USE THE SERVICE should be the ones "paying the rent" so to speak through usage fees. Why should the coin community pay for the ability for Joe Shmoe to use an online wallet when the online wallet makers will be making money off of Joe Shmoe himself?

There is ZERO reason to throw money at a service to get your coin on the service, since there will be a fair number of competitve services in the very near future JUMPING at the chance to add Mintcoin, which has a good sized user base.

And I'm sorry to say, if an Online wallet operator/creator has set things up so that he loses money every month, perhaps he should re-structure his fees toward the users end, and just add as many coins as possible so people will actually show up and pay him to use his service. Why even bother with the bribe system?

An online wallet such as mine (anonymous, no fiat integration, no investor backing) has zero chance of being profitable. I'd have to charge multiple dollars per transaction. Exchanges do thousands of trades per day to charge fees on, but wallets will never have that kind of volume.  Have you seen the diagram at https://mywl.lt/security/? It costs a lot to have that amount of infrastructure, which is why most online wallets are insecure because they throw up a single VM with PHP and some wallet daemons.

I don't run the service to make money. In fact, I'd prefer it to break even. Every single penny from donations (which I've never solicited or received until now) goes straight to servers and development costs. Anything more than what it costs to run it just means I can afford to improve the service further by devoting more of my time to it. I have other businesses that make me money and don't need MyWl.lt to be profitable at all. I started it as a courtesy to the Digitalcoin community (since I'm a member of the DGC foundation) and have recently decided to bring in additional coins, specifically ones with strong communities that I respect highly.

okaynow

PGP 9CB0902E

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 12:25:56 AM

@powersup

also updated today and had the same status message.
it worked fine, after i restarted the wallet though.

WALKEN-COIN

Activity: 269

Parsec Frontiers Pre-Sale 24.01.2018

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2014, 12:29:03 AM

An online wallet such as mine (anonymous, no fiat integration, no investor backing) has zero chance of being profitable. I'd have to charge multiple dollars per transaction. Exchanges do thousands of trades per day to charge fees on, but wallets will never have that kind of volume.  Have you seen the diagram at https://mywl.lt/security/? It costs a lot to have that amount of infrastructure, which is why most online wallets are insecure because they throw up a single VM with PHP and some wallet daemons.

I don't run the service to make money. In fact, I'd prefer it to break even. Every single penny from donations (which I've never solicited or received until now) goes straight to servers and development costs. Anything more than what it costs to run it just means I can afford to improve the service further by devoting more of my time to it. I have other businesses that make me money and don't need MyWl.lt to be profitable at all. I started it as a courtesy to the Digitalcoin community (since I'm a member of the DGC foundation) and have recently decided to bring in additional coins, specifically ones with strong communities that I respect highly.

I applaud your commitment to the coin community. I have no reason to doubt your sincerity, except for previous experiences making me very skeptical of "pay for vote" systems.

Might I suggest making a ladder of monthly plans for users? A certain number of "free" transactions per month for x amount of transactions if you have the "Silver" plan, etc. ..old hat but people are familiar with it.

Also, does the online wallet have PoS support?

███
           ██▀██
          ██   ██
▄▄▄▄▄▄   ██     ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▄▄▄▄▄
████████▄   ███    █████████▄   █████████  █████████▀  █████████
███   ▀██  █████   ███   ▀███  ████▀       ███        ███▀   ▀███
███   ▄█▀ ███▀███  ███   ▄███  ████▄▄▄     ███▄▄▄▄▄  ███       ▀
███████▀ ███   ███ ▀████████▀   ▀███████   ████████  ███
███▀▀▀  ███     ███ ▀█▀▀███     ▄   ▀▀███  ███       ███       ▄
███    ███       ███ ▀   ███   ███▄▄▄▄███  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███▄   ▄███
███   ███ ▄█████▄ ███     ███  ▀███████▀   ██████████  █████████
                   ███                                   ▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███  ▄▄▄▄       ▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███████████████████▄ ███ ▀██████    ████    █████████████████  ██████████  █████████▄   █████████
███        ███    ▀█▄ ███    ▀███   █████   ███    ███    ███  ███         ███   ▀███  ████▀
███        ███    ▄██  ███     ███  ██████  ███    ███    ███  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███   ▄███  ████▄▄▄
████████████████████▀ ▄ ███    ███  ███ ███ ███    ███    ███  ██████████  █████████▀   ▀███████
███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▀▀███   █▄ ███  ███   ███  ██████    ███    ███  ███         ███▀▀███     ▄   ▀▀███
███        ███   ███   █▄ ███ ▀█    ███   █████    ███    ███  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███   ███   ███▄▄▄▄███
███        ███    ███   ▀  ▀█▀      ███    ████    ███    ███  ██████████  ███    ███  ▀███████▀

███
    ███
███ ███ ███
    ▀▀▀  ██
███████████
██  ▄▄▄
███ ███ ███
    ▀▀▀  ██
███████████
██  ▄▄▄
███ ███ ███
    ███
    ███

███
    ███
███ ███ ███
██  ▀▀▀
███████████
    ▄▄▄  ██
███ ███ ███
██  ▀▀▀
███████████
    ▄▄▄  ██
███ ███ ███
    ███
    ███
[]
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
Discord
Facebook
Twitter
everybodyclapyohands

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2014, 12:32:11 AM

I have been considering a "pro" version that does more, including allowing private key imports and PoS support could be part of that. I can't really guarantee people would pay for that service, or at least not enough people to cover the additional costs.

okaynow

PGP 9CB0902E

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 12:34:04 AM

I just want to say that running an online wallet is a hell of a lot different than an exchange. I lose a lot of money every month running this service, and charge nothing more than the minimum network transaction fees. I will continue to run the site while losing money simply because I feel it's a vital piece of the community and many people rely on it every day.

That's why i spoke of exchanges, not a service like yours. I'm sorry if i was misunderstood.
I understand, and completely agree with communities donating, and also believe you should cover your
expenses for your work.

I was referring to exchanges, that use this way to just make users pay for coins that would be added anyway.

Pages: « 1 ... 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 [709] 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 ... 1035 »
  Print  

Jump to: