Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 07:35:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 [104] 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 ... 221 »
  Print  
Author Topic: CoinMarket.io | New, self-moderated support and news thread.  (Read 211663 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
zxm7001

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 02:22:27 AM

how about my banlance?username is same!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
matthona

Activity: 350

Bitcointalk.org

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 02:45:52 AM

Lutz at people crying to get the cops involved. Goes agenst what cryptos are to be all about. You can not handle a possible loss this crap is really not for you. I have lost coins on few exchanges, I get upset, then shrug my shoulders and move on. Then again I understand the risks involved, shit happens.

Sorry for the harsh words, but really, this crap needs to stop. People like some will in fact be the downfall of cryptos. Once you get idiot governments involved, they over regulate every damn time.

if getting cops involved is the only recourse people are left with, then there is nothing immoral about it, and if we would just sit idly by and allow coins to be stolen (if that is what happened) then more and more scam exchanges will pop up - that you can be sure

if you have a better idea of how to get to the bottom of what is going on I'm sure people here would be happy to hear your suggestion, but to suggest that people should 'shrug shoulders and move on' is about the stupidest thing i've seen

the people running the exchange have lied, and have failed to keep the users updated as to what is/was going on for days on end, the last thing people should do is 'move on' ... you may like being a victim, but don't encourage others to be ones also

▄▌
                         ▄▀
     █▌    ▄▄▄         ▄██ █
    ██   ▀▄██████▄▄▄▄████ ▐█
    ▀██▄▄███████▌███████  █
    ▐████████████████████▄▄█▄
    ▀███████████████▀▀▀██████▄
     █ ██████████▀      ▀█████
    ▐▀  ▀███████  ▄█████████████████▄▄▄
    █▄██▄▄▀█▀█▀▄███████████████▄▀▀   ▄▀
   ████████▄▄▄████▀▀▀██████████▀   ▄▀
  ▄███▀▀██████▀██▄▄▄▄█▀▀▀████▀   ▄▀
 ▄████▄▄▄██▄▄▄       ▄▄   ▄███▀▀▀
▀▄▄ ▀▀█▌█████     ▄▀    ▄███▀
   ▀█▄▄▄█▄▄█▄▀▀▀▀▀▄███▀▀▀
          ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀
███
▄▄▄

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
     ▄██▀▀      ▀▀██▄
   ▄█▀              ▀█▄
  ▐█       ▄▄▄▄▄      █▌
  █▌       ▀▀███      ▐█
 ▐█        ▄█ ██       █▌
  █▌     ▄█▀          ▐█
  ▐█   ▄█▀            █▌
   ▀█▄█▀            ▄█▀
     ▀██▄▄      ▄▄██▀
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
CRASH

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
     ▄██▀▀      ▀▀██▄
   ▄█▀              ▀█▄
  ▐█    ██▄▄██▄▄██    █▌
  █▌    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▐█
 ▐█      ████████      █▌
  █▌     ████████     ▐█
  ▐█     ████████     █▌
   ▀█▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄█▀
     ▀██▄▄      ▄▄██▀
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
TOWER

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
       ▄██▀▀      ▀▀██▄
     ▄█▀     ▄██▄     ▀█▄
    ▐█       ▀██▀       █▌
    █▌   ▄▄  ▄██▄  ▄▄   ▐█
   ▐█   ██████████████   █▌
    █▌   ▀▀  ▀██▀  ▀▀   ▐█
    ▐█       ▄██▄       █▌
     ▀█▄     ▀██▀     ▄█▀
       ▀██▄▄      ▄▄██▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
DOUBLE
▀▀▀
███
▄▄▄

▄▌
                         ▄▀
     █▌    ▄▄▄         ▄██ █
    ██   ▀▄██████▄▄▄▄████ ▐█
    ▀██▄▄███████▌███████  █
    ▐████████████████████▄▄█▄
    ▀███████████████▀▀▀██████▄
     █ ██████████▀      ▀█████
    ▐▀  ▀███████  ▄█████████████████▄▄▄
    █▄██▄▄▀█▀█▀▄███████████████▄▀▀   ▄▀
   ████████▄▄▄████▀▀▀██████████▀   ▄▀
  ▄███▀▀██████▀██▄▄▄▄█▀▀▀████▀   ▄▀
 ▄████▄▄▄██▄▄▄       ▄▄   ▄███▀▀▀
▀▄▄ ▀▀█▌█████     ▄▀    ▄███▀
   ▀█▄▄▄█▄▄█▄▀▀▀▀▀▄███▀▀▀
          ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
yottahash

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 02:52:53 AM

This is terrible Coinmarket.io - the lack of transparency is completely inexcusable.

Is this the Kenneth Bjorke that is registered against Coinmarket.io domain?
http://m.c.lnkd.licdn.com/mpr/pub/image-ZqnPPvKSvdUkIzZ_v_3RZmKamKjXaxMZd7tRNnMSmjXBoZuPNqnRndXlEjOBaXH65QS/kenneth-bj%C3%B8rke.jpg

He lives in Oslo, recently tweeted about CloudFlare being down, and follows CoinMarket.io.
https://twitter.com/kbjoerke
http://no.linkedin.com/in/kbjoerke

He lists PKI as a skill and follows a group "Ethical Hacker" on LinkedIn.
Looks like he works a day job as Senior IT Operations and Infrastructure for a shipping business called "Fred Olsen": http://www.fredolsen.no/
Can't be too difficult to work out his email address and ask...

That said, this guy could have nothing to do with CoinMarket.io!

ChasingTheDream

Activity: 292

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 04:35:35 AM
Last edit: March 06, 2014, 05:27:05 AM by ChasingTheDream

I haven't said anything about this and I have quite a few coins at the exchange.  I'm just amazed at how silent they have been on this.  When they first started all of a month ago or so they was all over the forums.  Now you can't get anything out of them.

Up until now I've had little doubt they would be up again soon since they always have been in the past but with each missed deadline and then no follow-up explanation and now apparently the worlds largest patch is being applied since it's taking days to implement, I'm just baffled by their behavior.

In the end if I lose my coins I guess I lose my coins but I fail to see how crypto can ever be taken seriously and become mainstream when exchanges disappear along with peoples money all the time.  How can anyone do anything with their coins with any degree of confidence when every move is just opening yourself up to having your coins snatched?

Edit:  And to be clear.  I'm not saying they are in fact stealing our coins.  I don't know that and I certainly hope that aren't.  If they intended to steal coins they sure had opportunities to get a lot more.  So I can't see theft being their primary motivation.  I simply can't understand the lack of communication when there has been a lose of coins on so many different exchanges recently.  I don't know why they would let people's imaginations (and fears) run wild in this environment.

cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 04:38:53 AM

i think if theft was their main concern they would have cashed out when they had much larger volume. I bet they are having issues with the code. Let's hope so

kulin3422

Activity: 104
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 05:04:49 AM

Where is my fu*king money?
billyrumble

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 05:10:33 AM

If I had to guess what's happening, it would be that the job turned out to be more complicated than they had assumed. As we all know, sometimes when you work on a complicated problem you're charting new territory and you don't know how long it will take to resolve it. They missed one deadline and they don't want to continue promising more deadlines that they can't keep. Alternatively, human factors such as an illness or having to work overtime could be a cause. Although having said that, I'm crossing my fingers like everyone else.
KenChanYu

Activity: 1139
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 05:28:15 AM

Watching blockchain . Btc is being stolen. It was scam. Rather trade bte - e or cryptsy or coins - e . Don't trust any new exchange
ChasingTheDream

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 05:36:59 AM

Watching blockchain . Btc is being stolen. It was scam. Rather trade bte - e or cryptsy or coins - e . Don't trust any new exchange

Mt Gox wasn't new and it certainly didn't do well either.  I guess we have fundamental questions to ask.  How do we know our coins won't simply be taken when we transfer them anywhere for any type of transaction and I believe the answer is we don't know and probably can't know and to me that is quite a problem.
TamiLee

Activity: 637

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 06:11:01 AM

Mt Gox wasn't new and it certainly didn't do well either.  I guess we have fundamental questions to ask.  How do we know our coins won't simply be taken when we transfer them anywhere for any type of transaction and I believe the answer is we don't know and probably can't know and to me that is quite a problem.

I am sorry to say this but gox and other exchanges are going to kill off what Cryptos was all about and regulation will come in fast, governments will have a excuse to do it now. At the same
time I feel this is teaching people a valuable lesson that banks and fiat is not a bad thing.

Sorry to say this, I am new to the crypto scene but I am out now. Cashing back into fiat as this is like the wild west.

Good luck to virtual currencies but I am out of this scamfest , humans can't be trusted and this is why we have regulation.
eddywise

Activity: 253

Let's Boolberry

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 06:11:23 AM

WTF,when can I withdraw my coins,many coins in your website,can you repay me my coins??

Boolberry : @eddywise                                                                                                                                                                                                                       DRK:XqTbkj1hpCWBpBSvbWtzBRu5PxzJ2KoA3F                                                                                                                                                                                   BTC:1FZYvzY4cPLwwZmU8rGPM7xGYjfjiZUmuZ  Once desperately want, now desperate to forget
brooklynite

Activity: 266

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 06:26:32 AM

I am sorry to say this but gox and other exchanges are going to kill off what Cryptos was all about and regulation will come in fast, governments will have a excuse to do it now. At the same
time I feel this is teaching people a valuable lesson that banks and fiat is not a bad thing.

Sorry to say this, I am new to the crypto scene but I am out now. Cashing back into fiat as this is like the wild west.

Good luck to virtual currencies but I am out of this scamfest , humans can't be trusted and this is why we have regulation.

+1

long live fiat

long live government regulation

long live reversible transactions
brooklynite

Activity: 266

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 06:34:40 AM

hi profile shows a time zone that is 1hr apart from Norway so he may not be in Norway.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=221995
bitwho
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 06:37:33 AM

i just want to say this in hoped to calm some of you down.

when they went off and on for a little bit , they had the withdrawals still working while everything else was on pause. I doubt they are offline to steal your coins now. If that was the case they would not allow people to withdraw eveything. read back they last comments. They stated that withdrawals are working. and they did work since i was able to withdraw both btcs and Karmacoins.

I think they are working on coding. Hopefully that will help calm you down a bit.

I do think, that the lack of active communication and updates is unprofessional and they should start hourly update people now!
tomvalois

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 06:38:03 AM

When bitcoin was started, it wasn't about deregulation. It was about decentralization. And it remains decentralized. Regulation is going to happen. Especially on exchanges that also deal with fiat currency. In fact, several US based exchanges are already dealing with regulation and complying with it. You can expect Bitcoin to remain decentralized. You cannot expect any sort of currency to be allowed to be used to buy drugs, guns, hitmen, etc., or avoid taxation or traceability, without the government getting involved. Regulation is a good thing for honest folks. It is only bad for criminals and tax evaders. Decentralization is good for everyone, though, and that will continue.
TamiLee

Activity: 637

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 06:57:39 AM

When bitcoin was started, it wasn't about deregulation. It was about decentralization. And it remains decentralized. Regulation is going to happen. Especially on exchanges that also deal with fiat currency. In fact, several US based exchanges are already dealing with regulation and complying with it. You can expect Bitcoin to remain decentralized. You cannot expect any sort of currency to be allowed to be used to buy drugs, guns, hitmen, etc., or avoid taxation or traceability, without the government getting involved. Regulation is a good thing for honest folks. It is only bad for criminals and tax evaders. Decentralization is good for everyone, though, and that will continue.

Can you confirm which exchanges are being regulated?
ChasingTheDream

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 07:22:12 AM
Last edit: March 06, 2014, 07:44:13 AM by ChasingTheDream

Mt Gox wasn't new and it certainly didn't do well either.  I guess we have fundamental questions to ask.  How do we know our coins won't simply be taken when we transfer them anywhere for any type of transaction and I believe the answer is we don't know and probably can't know and to me that is quite a problem.

The true believers of crypto are going to have to wake up to the reality that if this is ever going to be taken seriously by the majority of people, the people can't feel like they are playing Russian Roulette with their coins every time they try to use them.  I can't say I know what the answer is but regulation is going to play a part in it.  I can't imagine it could get any worse than it currently is.

If things continue as they are now people will either leave the crypto world or they will stop doing transactions with their coins out of fear of losing them which would eventually kill the coins anyway.  This truly is a minefield.  One wrong or unlucky step and kaboom your coins are lost.  Just insane.

LeChatNoir

Activity: 699
Merit: 501

Coinpanion.io - Copy Successful Crypto Traders

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2014, 07:57:54 AM

Fucking scammers, fucking parasites i'd kill them all with my hands.

Coinpanion.io - Copy Successful Crypto Traders
bcd

Activity: 252

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 08:12:02 AM

Coinmarket.io :  Is that very hard to give us an update?  Let us know what the heck happened, people will be ready to help/suggest.
C3ALL

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

★ BitClave ICO: 08/11/17 ★

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 09:13:00 AM

This is terrible Coinmarket.io - the lack of transparency is completely inexcusable.

Is this the Kenneth Bjorke that is registered against Coinmarket.io domain?

He lives in Oslo, recently tweeted about CloudFlare being down, and follows CoinMarket.io.
https://twitter.com/kbjoerke
http://no.linkedin.com/in/kbjoerke

He lists PKI as a skill and follows a group "Ethical Hacker" on LinkedIn.
Looks like he works a day job as Senior IT Operations and Infrastructure for a shipping business called "Fred Olsen": http://www.fredolsen.no/
Can't be too difficult to work out his email address and ask...

That said, this guy could have nothing to do with CoinMarket.io!

This would fit in with the info I found.  The po box now listed has links to fredolson.

Time to make contact with this person and start asking questions.

Pages: « 1 ... 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 [104] 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 ... 221 »
  Print  

Jump to: