Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 09:41:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 [82] 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 ... 272 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ActiveMining] Official Shareholder Discussion Thread [Moderated]  (Read 629692 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
JimmyJazz

Activity: 207
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 11:04:56 AM

I hope we get trading next week. It will be messy. Something like 9,500,000 shares and only 3btc buys just now.
Every man for himself.  Kiss
minerpart

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

IIIIII====II====IIIIII

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 11:25:53 AM

I hope we get trading next week. It will be messy. Something like 9,500,000 shares and only 3btc buys just now.

At the same time there are less than 10k shares being offered below 0.0025 - so there are not that many sellers either. 10k is less than 3% of the market on CT.

A huge increase in the tradeable volume on CT will close the spread (distance between Asks and Bids) but the price could remain roughly where it is. There are not many willing to sell below 0.0025 and at the same time there are not huge numbers willing to buy. But anyone wishing to get in for say 50k shares is not able to right now as they would have to pay all the way up to 0.1BTC per share for the first 30k - after that the sell side is empty.

So the current thin market is restricting big buyers/Bullish investors from getting in. Only when all 10Mill are up and there is liquidity and market depth will big buyers be able to start buying. Sellers will meet buyers and that's trading.
drasted

Activity: 240

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 11:27:20 AM

Weekly Update 3/12/2014

VMC has hired Kris as their new customer service rep and she is getting all of the old messages caught up.

Active Mining PR - Staff

So do you still have Kris? Why isn't she responding to people like magzy?
Bargraphics

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

Every man is guilty of all the good he did not do.

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 11:34:08 AM

also: how about modifying the design files to include a micro-usb port or full-size USB port?  Its silly that you ship these without a $10 component that must be ripped from a pc or ordered online from amazon.  (this is causing bargraphics a 24hr delay on the first unit VMC shipped out to anybody)

Yes, it was my fault that I did not include the cable.  However, I was trying to ship it fast, my bad.

Cry

But to be completely honest I didn't expect to receive these units until Friday or Monday when I originally ordered.

The next day FedEx was great and at least the wires could be found on Amazon Prime for quick and easy next day shipping (Found them on other sites that wanted like $40 for Next Day when Amazon is like $11)

I do not consider myself very knowledgeable regarding wires/prices/PSUs/Coolers so if anyone knows better/cheaper solutions than the Amazon links I've listed, please let the community know. The pricing for all of the "Extra" parts needed comes out to roughly $230.

I'll include all the links/names again in my write up when I get the boards running.

I guess the only question I have left for Ken is that on the product description it says the following:

·CG Miner Supported (VMC Compiled Available)

Is this something you can give to me? Luckily I live very close to Luke-Jr (BFGMiner) so if there any issues using that he might be able to help out if he's not too busy.

Also since I'm not very knowledgeable on wires, could you explain what the "Connectivity Set" you included is for? It's probably obvious >.>

wasubii

Activity: 448

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 11:38:31 AM

I would also like to voice my opinion on the exchange issue.

I would prefer it if we were listed on Havelock.

Havelock has more users (and therefore more potential market depth) than CT by at least an order of magnitude.

There are a lot of people on havelock who day trade AM shares - i predict some of them will have an appetite for a punt on ActM, or at least ride the ups and downs.

minerpart

IIIIII====II====IIIIII

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 11:50:56 AM

There are a lot of people on havelock who day trade AM shares - i predict some of them will have an appetite for a punt on ActM, or at least ride the ups and downs.

Yes but then you could say experienced day traders would have a field day with naive ACtM holders. They would intentionally cause large price volatility and try to play shareholders uncertainty to take their holdings off them. Just saying it might not be all good on Havelock.

The main factors right now should be the legality and security issues of any exchange we go onto not the number of current users. Long-term security of the shares is more important than short-term price moves - for a hodler.
JimmyJazz

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 11:51:07 AM

At the same time there are less than 10k shares being offered below 0.0025 - so there are not that many sellers either. 10k is less than 3% of the market on CT.

A huge increase in the tradeable volume on CT will close the spread (distance between Asks and Bids) but the price could remain roughly where it is. There are not many willing to sell below 0.0025 and at the same time there are not huge numbers willing to buy. But anyone wishing to get in for say 50k shares is not able to right now as they would have to pay all the way up to 0.1BTC per share for the first 30k - after that the sell side is empty.

So the current thin market is restricting big buyers/Bullish investors from getting in. Only when all 10Mill are up and there is liquidity and market depth will big buyers be able to start buying. Sellers will meet buyers and that's trading.

Theres alot of people wanting out when they get there shares back. I could do with getting some btc back to ease my financials.
Nobody is going to be selling so low on Ct now because they got in at <0.0005 and are new/optimistic shareholders.
Its the ones that just want out as they have had a good bit of their btc on lockdown since November (?).
minerpart

IIIIII====II====IIIIII

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 12:01:57 PM

Nobody is going to be selling so low on Ct now because they got in at <0.0005 and are new/optimistic shareholders.

Sure there is some really good company news too which is also why many wont want to sell.

Remember over 100k shares sold in a few days recently on CT (an apparently dead exchange). That was before any developments, when most were still calling this a scam! Interest must be 10fold that now that we actually are shipping miners.

So you could reasonably see 1Mill shares selling over a few days now - that will be 10% of all trading shares which will represent a large part of those wanting/needing to sell some of their holdings. People dreaming of picking up 50k shares for 0.0001 really are dreaming. If 0.0005 (and above) was a popular price when we had nothing as a company then surely atleast five times that will be a popular price (when we have a running datacentre and are shipping) once we get listed > 0.0025.

JimmyJazz

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 12:10:51 PM

There may have been developments but I don't see that being reflected on the buy side at CT. If there are people wanting in why are they not looking to buy now?

As I said you cant take away the fact that peoples money have been tied up in this venture and some may want to liquidate some of their holdings.
minerpart

IIIIII====II====IIIIII

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 12:21:07 PM

If there are people wanting in why are they not looking to buy now?

Not everyone wanting to buy will list their interest in the order book - infact that can drive price up so can be counter-productive.

The main brake on buying right now is the lack of sellers at a price that people want to pay. The spread is huge ('100%') and buyers want to pay too little. You can understand that as it's still early days with this new progress the company is making and people are looking for a bargain. By the time we get the data centre up buyers will realise they need to pay a decent price and shares will start moving. If you want in, now is the time - but the sellers just aren't there even at 0.00075!
JimmyJazz

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 12:28:23 PM

If there are people wanting in why are they not looking to buy now?

Not everyone wanting to buy will list their interest in the order book - infact that can drive price up so can be counter-productive.

The main brake on buying right now is the lack of sellers at a price that people want to pay. The spread is huge ('100%') and buyers want to pay too little. You can understand that as it's still early days with this new progress the company is making and people are looking for a bargain. By the time we get the data centre up buyers will realise they need to pay a decent price and shares will start moving. If you want in, now is the time - but the sellers just aren't there even at 0.00075!

Exactly but with 9,500,000 shares to come onto the books at CT there will be people selling.
If people are wanting to get out they are going to undercut each other due to the small demand.

I expect the price to get below 0.0005, that is why I will be on here checking and making sure I can trade at the bells to eat up the high orders first - and get out some btc.
minerpart

IIIIII====II====IIIIII

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 12:31:20 PM

As I said you cant take away the fact that peoples money have been tied up in this venture and some may want to liquidate some of their holdings.

On that point (not wanting to turn this into a speculation thread) you also have to remember BTC is close to half what it was worth in January. So if someone sells out their ACtM for 25% of what they paid for them and then cashes out with BTC at $450 they could be taking a massive hit. Right now I think both ACtM and BTC are very close to their lowest - in 3 months time BTC will be up 2 or 3 fold and ACtM will be trading above 0.007. So to cash out now would represent a huge loss of FIAT, you will be taking a double hit. If anyone needs some money I would suggest cashing out the very minimum you can. Get a second job before selling any ACtM is my advice.
minerpart

IIIIII====II====IIIIII

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 12:34:25 PM

I expect the price to get below 0.0005, that is why I will be on here checking and making sure I can trade at the bells to eat up the high orders first - and get out some btc.

I love it when people sabotage their own trading plan. You are talking down your own shares there. Are you sure you are not actually planning to buy?  Wink
JimmyJazz

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 12:39:24 PM

I love it when people sabotage their own trading plan. You are talking down your own shares there. Are you sure you are not actually planning to buy?  Wink

Its hardly sabotage of a plan, its common sense. I think the high bids will be eaten fast so i want to make sure its me.
On your other point above - The price of btc is still 4x higher from when I purchased actm and I got in at 0.0005-0.0008 so it is hardly a great loss.
I'm not selling  all my shares just hopefully a decent portion at a decent price for my financial obligations.
drawingthesun
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 12:55:06 PM

This is why eventually creating our own ASIC is important. Buying them is going to be killing us in the long run.

If we have 100TH right now that is about 0.2% of the network.

Now just to maintain this ratio we would need to have 244TH beginning June.

By the very beginning of 2015 we would need 6.9PH just to have 0.2% of the network.

With Kens rate of 100TH per month, we would be at 1PH come 1st Jan 2015 and thus almost 7 times less effective hashrate than we need just to maintain the 0.2% ratio.

This isn't even 1% guys.

If we add 100TH every month come 1st Jan 2015 we will be controlling 0.03% of the network (1 bitcoin per day)

This is what we need to be at for 1% of the network: (TH/s)

april   500
may   781
june   1221
july   1907
aug   2980
sep   4657
oct   7276
nov   11369
dec   17764
jan   27756

At the end of the year we need to be adding over 10PH a month to remain at 1% of the total network hashrate.

I am happy Ken is making progress, but we need to know if Ken is going to be able to add 10PH per month by the end of the year and if we will be doing this with our own ASIC.

If anyone thinks my estimate is off, I am using 25% increase per diff, which is actually an underestimate. I notice we might add over 30% this diff alone.

minerpart

IIIIII====II====IIIIII

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 12:59:06 PM

I'm not selling  all my shares just hopefully a decent portion at a decent price for my financial obligations.

With those figures you are in a good position, good work. From the sound of it you owe your drug dealer some money but I won't go there.  Cool
kleeck

Activity: 532

https://karatcoin.co

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 12:59:54 PM

This is why eventually creating our own ASIC is important. Buying them is going to be killing us in the long run.

If we have 100TH right now that is about 0.2% of the network.

Now just to maintain this ratio we would need to have 244TH beginning June.

By the very beginning of 2015 we would need 6.9PH just to have 0.2% of the network.

With Kens rate of 100TH per month, we would be at 1PH come 1st Jan 2015 and thus almost 7 times less effective hashrate than we need just to maintain the 0.2% ratio.

This isn't even 1% guys.

If we add 100TH every month come 1st Jan 2015 we will be controlling 0.03% of the network (1 bitcoin per day)

This is what we need to be at for 1% of the network: (TH/s)

april   500
may   781
june   1221
july   1907
aug   2980
sep   4657
oct   7276
nov   11369
dec   17764
jan   27756

At the end of the year we need to be adding over 10PH a month to remain at 1% of the total network hashrate.

I am happy Ken is making progress, but we need to know if Ken is going to be able to add 10PH per month by the end of the year and if we will be doing this with our own ASIC.

If anyone thinks my estimate is off, I am using 25% increase per diff, which is actually an underestimate. I notice we might add over 30% this diff alone.

Ken stated that not only would he be manufacturing 5000 Yoli-type boards in April but he would have the chips to place on them as well. The Yoli-type can mine at ~700Gh/s.

█ █████       ▄████▀▄██▀
  █ █████     ▄████▀███▀
  █ █████    ████▀███▀
  █ █████  ▄███▀███▓
  █ █████▄███▀████▀
  █ ███████▀████▀
  █ █████▀▄█████▄
  █ ███▀▄█████████▄
  █ █▀▄██ ▀█████████▄
  █ ▄████   ▀███████▀█▄   
  █ █████     ▀███▀▄████▄
  █ █████       ▀▄████████▄

█████                   
                ▄███  █  ███▄               
             ███      █      ███             
         ▄███         █         ███▄         
       ██    ███████████████████    ██       
    ████            ██ ██            ████   
    ██             █     █             ██   
    █ █           █       █           █ █   
    █ ██         █         █         ██ █   
    █  ██      ██           ██      ██  █   
    █   ██    ██             ██    ██   █   
    █    ██  ██               ██  ██    █   
    █     █ ██                 ██ █     █   
    █     █████████████████████████     █   
    █  ███  ██                 ██  ███  █   
    ███       █               █       ███   
      ███      ██           ██      ███     
         ███     █         █     ███         
            ▀███  ██     ██  ███▀           
                ▀████   ████▀               
▀███▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
JimmyJazz

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 01:01:52 PM

I'm not selling  all my shares just hopefully a decent portion at a decent price for my financial obligations.

With those figures you are in a good position, good work. From the sound of it you owe your drug dealer some money but I won't go there.  Cool

Cool
drawingthesun
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 01:02:57 PM

Ken stated that not only would he be manufacturing 5000 Yoli-type boards in April but he would have the chips to place on them as well. The Yoli-type can mine at ~700Gh/s.

Are you certain he has the chips? I do recall Ken stating that we would be adding 100TH/s per month for the foreseeable future, I do apologise if I missed the information about the chips.

I remember Ken stating that we will have the boards at least.
kleeck

Activity: 532

https://karatcoin.co

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 01:10:29 PM

Are you certain he has the chips? I do recall Ken stating that we would be adding 100TH/s per month for the foreseeable future, I do apologise if I missed the information about the chips.

I remember Ken stating that we will have the boards at least.

The Prospector is not the Yoli Evo board.  We will be releasing our Gold Rush board next month using the Yoli Evo design.  We are tooling up our production line to produce 5,000 of these next month.

Will you have enough chips for the 5,000 boards?
Yes

Of course, this doesn't mean we're mining on them.

█ █████       ▄████▀▄██▀
  █ █████     ▄████▀███▀
  █ █████    ████▀███▀
  █ █████  ▄███▀███▓
  █ █████▄███▀████▀
  █ ███████▀████▀
  █ █████▀▄█████▄
  █ ███▀▄█████████▄
  █ █▀▄██ ▀█████████▄
  █ ▄████   ▀███████▀█▄   
  █ █████     ▀███▀▄████▄
  █ █████       ▀▄████████▄

█████                   
                ▄███  █  ███▄               
             ███      █      ███             
         ▄███         █         ███▄         
       ██    ███████████████████    ██       
    ████            ██ ██            ████   
    ██             █     █             ██   
    █ █           █       █           █ █   
    █ ██         █         █         ██ █   
    █  ██      ██           ██      ██  █   
    █   ██    ██             ██    ██   █   
    █    ██  ██               ██  ██    █   
    █     █ ██                 ██ █     █   
    █     █████████████████████████     █   
    █  ███  ██                 ██  ███  █   
    ███       █               █       ███   
      ███      ██           ██      ███     
         ███     █         █     ███         
            ▀███  ██     ██  ███▀           
                ▀████   ████▀               
▀███▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
Pages: « 1 ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 [82] 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 ... 272 »
  Print  

Jump to: