Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 11:43:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 [83] 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 ... 272 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ActiveMining] Official Shareholder Discussion Thread [Moderated]  (Read 629685 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
adameb

Activity: 76
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 01:25:44 PM

I expect the price to get below 0.0005, that is why I will be on here checking and making sure I can trade at the bells to eat up the high orders first - and get out some btc.

Since we're just having the shares migrated to CC, why would there be any standing orders?  Even if Ken were able to migrate the shares off Crypto Trade, there's no way he could migrate the buy orders; he'd have to be migrating bitcoin off the site basically.

Will Dance For Satoshis - 1F1q93wAqgH8WFghRKpnBW8HxShuzkRrqc
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
JimmyJazz

Activity: 207
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 01:31:23 PM

I expect the price to get below 0.0005, that is why I will be on here checking and making sure I can trade at the bells to eat up the high orders first - and get out some btc.

Since we're just having the shares migrated to CC, why would there be any standing orders?  Even if Ken were able to migrate the shares off Crypto Trade, there's no way he could migrate the buy orders; he'd have to be migrating bitcoin off the site basically.

weekly update yesterday - Starting process to CT next week.
toastee

Activity: 62

to the moon, etc.

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 01:37:33 PM

I'm trying to place an order with btc but still am getting nowhere.  i used the "call us online" link and never was connected to anyone, tried email and haven't received a response, and tried calling the 855-663-2482 number only to go to a voicemail box.  If anyone from the company is monitoring this I'd like to get an order in, so please respond to my email or voicemail.  thanks.

Quoting for visibility.

Ken, fix the contact info on the website and the cs@virtualminingcorp.com address. You have people wanting to give you money that can't, and pissed off pre-order customers.

I will be fixing that next week.

Make sure to get that order processed for finlof soon, not next week.

Due to our system using MtGox prestashop pluggin, we are not processing BTC at the moment.

You said you were accepting BTC if people contact you. The contact email on the site is not working. You need to take 10 minutes tonight, log into your web host, and fix cs@virtualminingcorp.com, and then get your new hire Kris to do some damage control. This cannot wait until next week. Bad word is already getting out about VMC and it's going to be hard to recover from that.

Please take this seriously.

[16:41] <gecko_x2> stfu bitch
[16:41] <gecko_x2> i know more about the us SEC and the illuminati than you could ever dream of
finlof

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 01:55:23 PM

I do not consider myself very knowledgeable regarding wires/prices/PSUs/Coolers so if anyone knows better/cheaper solutions than the Amazon links I've listed, please let the community know. The pricing for all of the "Extra" parts needed comes out to roughly $230.

I'll include all the links/names again in my write up when I get the boards running.

special running on newegg today for the H80i and H100 coolers (make sure you add the coupon code for the H80i):
$48 - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835181038
$75 - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835181031

usb A -> A male cables are $0.99 (or cheaper with >1 quantity) plus 20% off with coupon code EMCPFPG84
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16812117306
finlof

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 01:55:43 PM

I'm trying to place an order with btc but still am getting nowhere.  i used the "call us online" link and never was connected to anyone, tried email and haven't received a response, and tried calling the 855-663-2482 number only to go to a voicemail box.  If anyone from the company is monitoring this I'd like to get an order in, so please respond to my email or voicemail.  thanks.

Quoting for visibility.

Ken, fix the contact info on the website and the cs@virtualminingcorp.com address. You have people wanting to give you money that can't, and pissed off pre-order customers.

I will be fixing that next week.

Make sure to get that order processed for finlof soon, not next week.

Due to our system using MtGox prestashop pluggin, we are not processing BTC at the moment.

You said you were accepting BTC if people contact you. The contact email on the site is not working. You need to take 10 minutes tonight, log into your web host, and fix cs@virtualminingcorp.com, and then get your new hire Kris to do some damage control. This cannot wait until next week. Bad word is already getting out about VMC and it's going to be hard to recover from that.

I for one have the desire to place an order, and have wanted to place an order for over a week now.  but if I cant get through to talk to someone, and no one is contacting me back, then no order can be placed.  and if it is happening to me, it is happening to others.  if you are really wanting to sell these boards then you will actually do what it takes to sell them.  i am even ok at this point with doing a wire transfer (though it is still ridiculous that you sell bitcoin mining equipment and cant take bitcoin even manually...  since you will have to manually verify the wire transfer as well it seems like not only is this a better option for your customers because we can do it from our computers and dont have fees but it would be better for you because it is a much quicker process).  if you are losing out on sales then you lose out on money and word-of-mouth advertising.  I've sold over $100000 worth of mining equipment in the last 4 months.  I have one client whom I have sold $40000+ in bitcoin mining equipment to, but I cannot/will not have him or any of my other clients purchase any of these units until I have had a chance to evaluate.  it seems you would want to jump on that opportunity asap.  you have someone telling you they want to give you money.  so fucking contact me.  you have my information.
kleeck

Activity: 532

https://karatcoin.co

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 02:03:26 PM

I do not consider myself very knowledgeable regarding wires/prices/PSUs/Coolers so if anyone knows better/cheaper solutions than the Amazon links I've listed, please let the community know. The pricing for all of the "Extra" parts needed comes out to roughly $230.

I'll include all the links/names again in my write up when I get the boards running.

special running on newegg today for the H80i and H100 coolers (make sure you add the coupon code for the H80i):

usb A -> A male cables are $0.99 (or cheaper with >1 quantity) plus 20% off with coupon code EMCPFPG84

That's some nice timing! Cheesy Did you work out placing your order yet? If not you should contact Ken via PM and let him know he is missing out on orders due to the issues you are encountering. (If you haven't already!)

Edit: I've reached out to Ken via PM on your, (and other customers having issues), behalf. Hoping to see these issued resolved in a timely manner.

█ █████       ▄████▀▄██▀
  █ █████     ▄████▀███▀
  █ █████    ████▀███▀
  █ █████  ▄███▀███▓
  █ █████▄███▀████▀
  █ ███████▀████▀
  █ █████▀▄█████▄
  █ ███▀▄█████████▄
  █ █▀▄██ ▀█████████▄
  █ ▄████   ▀███████▀█▄   
  █ █████     ▀███▀▄████▄
  █ █████       ▀▄████████▄

█████                   
                ▄███  █  ███▄               
             ███      █      ███             
         ▄███         █         ███▄         
       ██    ███████████████████    ██       
    ████            ██ ██            ████   
    ██             █     █             ██   
    █ █           █       █           █ █   
    █ ██         █         █         ██ █   
    █  ██      ██           ██      ██  █   
    █   ██    ██             ██    ██   █   
    █    ██  ██               ██  ██    █   
    █     █ ██                 ██ █     █   
    █     █████████████████████████     █   
    █  ███  ██                 ██  ███  █   
    ███       █               █       ███   
      ███      ██           ██      ███     
         ███     █         █     ███         
            ▀███  ██     ██  ███▀           
                ▀████   ████▀               
▀███▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
Bargraphics

Activity: 518

Every man is guilty of all the good he did not do.

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 02:09:56 PM

Hah nice! Being in the rush I was I didn't even bother looking for coupons or on NewEgg due to Amazon Prime and I knew I could get it next day if needed or free two-day.
minerpart

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

IIIIII====II====IIIIII

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 02:17:23 PM

you have someone telling you they want to give you money. 

It's not ideal that BTC payments have been interrupted by the MtGox failure and no alternative has been set up yet.

But I guess it means Ken isn't that desperate for the coin. That's reassuring it means our balance sheet is healthy and we don't need to shift these cards desperately.

Having said that we should really have a Bitpay account up BEFORE THE END OF THE DAY because all sales mount up.
finlof

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 02:20:41 PM

I for one have the desire to place an order, and have wanted to place an order for over a week now.  but if I cant get through to talk to someone, and no one is contacting me back, then no order can be placed.  and if it is happening to me, it is happening to others.  if you are really wanting to sell these boards then you will actually do what it takes to sell them.  i am even ok at this point with doing a wire transfer (though it is still ridiculous that you sell bitcoin mining equipment and cant take bitcoin even manually...  since you will have to manually verify the wire transfer as well it seems like not only is this a better option for your customers because we can do it from our computers and dont have fees but it would be better for you because it is a much quicker process).  if you are losing out on sales then you lose out on money and word-of-mouth advertising.  I've sold over $100000 worth of mining equipment in the last 4 months.  I have one client whom I have sold $40000+ in bitcoin mining equipment to, but I cannot/will not have him or any of my other clients purchase any of these units until I have had a chance to evaluate.  it seems you would want to jump on that opportunity asap.  you have someone telling you they want to give you money.  so fucking contact me.  you have my information.

and now to top it all off the $500 off coupon is no longer valid.  this is looking less and less enticing by the second.
Phildo
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 02:30:33 PM

It's not ideal that BTC payments have been interrupted by the MtGox failure and no alternative has been set up yet.

But I guess it means Ken isn't that desperate for the coin. That's reassuring it means our balance sheet is healthy and we don't need to shift these cards desperately.

Having said that we should really have a Bitpay account up BEFORE THE END OF THE DAY because all sales mount up.

This still doesn't make any sense.

Who needs gox, or bitpay or anything. This guy wants to give you bitcoins, he can send them directly to you, you can send a miner directly to him. Transaction over. I'm sure some of the people waiting for refunds will accept bitcoins, so you don't even need to turn them into cash immediately.
lobbes

Activity: 240
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 02:34:29 PM

Desperate or not, I would agree with finlof that Ken should be bending over backwards to move these. Even hire someone to process the BTC orders manually, if he has to. Sales are the lifeblood of this company right now.

emkay47

Activity: 97

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2014, 02:35:59 PM

The message service works for FastHash One Prospector Customers , But not for previous customers .
Therefore , if you send a message through your old order , it won't be delivered , but if you message them through new order of Prospector , the message delivers perfectly .

BTC : 1JL5qWRebJ6syr51UjCu7q7SvXyzcGwpLf

https://coinsecure.in | Buy and Sell Bitcoin in India Now !! | coinsecure™ | connecting India to Bitcoin !™
minerpart

IIIIII====II====IIIIII

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 02:39:12 PM

Who needs gox, or bitpay or anything.

For tax liability reasons Ken has likely been advised that he can only accept payment via company deposit accounts which have a solid paper trail for IRS inspection.
Phildo
Legendary

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 02:42:32 PM

For tax liability reasons Ken has likely been advised that he can only accept payment via company deposit accounts which have a solid paper trail for IRS inspection.

Is there anything more solid than the blockchain?
adameb

Activity: 76

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 02:44:32 PM

weekly update yesterday - Starting process to CT next week.

I stand corrected, thanks!  I read through it earlier but obviously didn't process, hah.

Will Dance For Satoshis - 1F1q93wAqgH8WFghRKpnBW8HxShuzkRrqc
JoTheKhan

Activity: 378

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 02:44:51 PM

Paper is pretty solid, and rather tangible I must say. I have a piece in my hand right now.
minerpart

IIIIII====II====IIIIII

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 02:51:58 PM

Depends how you define 'solid' - is every Wallet traceable back to it's owner? A company could open 10 wallets and start taking BTC payments for sold goods and not declare or pay taxes on that money. That is clearly not acceptable or a good way to run a business if you don't want shut-down.

For tax reasons a company needs to have open and clear accounts to avoid suspicion/an IRS investigation where assets could be frozen. So for that reason you only use a registered company account with a third party that can be cross-checked by the IRS for payments. It's a precaution not a legal requirement (I don't think) but it could prevent a lot of trouble in the future. If the IRS suspects you are not declaring income you can get a fine so all incoming money from sales (which is taxable) has to have a good paper trail.

That's why ACtM needs a BitPay account or similar.
Ozymandias2

Activity: 98

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 02:59:00 PM

18 cards sold so far. Hopefully we'll be seeing more reviews up by mid next week!
Phildo
Legendary

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 03:13:55 PM

Depends how you define 'solid' - is every Wallet traceable back to it's owner? A company could open 10 wallets and start taking BTC payments for sold goods and not declare or pay taxes on that money. That is clearly not acceptable or a good way to run a business if you don't want shut-down.

For tax reasons a company needs to have open and clear accounts to avoid suspicion/an IRS investigation where assets could be frozen. So for that reason you only use a registered company account with a third party that can be cross-checked by the IRS for payments. It's a precaution not a legal requirement (I don't think) but it could prevent a lot of trouble in the future. If the IRS suspects you are not declaring income you can get a fine so all incoming money from sales (which is taxable) has to have a good paper trail.

That's why ACtM needs a BitPay account or similar.

You open up one wallet, and keep track of everything that goes in and out of it through proper accounting. The same exact way every other business on the planet has treated cash since it and the IRS were created..
arctos

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 03:17:45 PM

I have yet to recieve my shares on crypto-trade, did I miss something?
Pages: « 1 ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 [83] 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 ... 272 »
  Print  

Jump to: