Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 08:42:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 [763] 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 ... 1743 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Blacknet BLN | Staking | Future of zApp & ZeFi  (Read 2509650 times)
virtualfaqs

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2014, 06:24:39 PM

How exactly does the Staking work and do you need to keep the wallet open constantly to get your share? Or can you just open the wallet every now and then and let it update to "your stake"? Is it better to keep it open constantly or it doesn't matter?

You need to keep your wallet open and unlocked to receive compound interest, if you open it just rarely you will get your 1% yearly interest on coins not moved for 8 hours as your stash will have gained "weight" during that time, but you won't benefit from compound interest.

Staking earns you money and helps secure the network but I personally would not do it on a Windows platform, but it's just me, I keep my wallets strictly linux, compiled from source.

If you keep your wallet open 24/7, you'll get roughly 1.01%.

Can anyone confirm you actually have to open your wallet and receive the BC before staking starts? Or does it happen automatically as soon as someone send you BC?

You need to open and unlock, the little arrow bottom right reports the current staking status, if it's open but locked says "not staking" or something similar.

Ok let's say I have 1000BC - will this be dilluted a lot if I don't "stake"? As far as I know the number of BC coins is increasing all the time?

If you don't stake it you will keep having the same 1000 BC after a year, someone else with 1000 BC staking it will have roughly 1010 BC after a year. If you have a constantly up device with network connectivity staking is a good idea otherwise only worth it if you have a serious amount and care about the compound interest.

I was under the impression you would still get that 1% as soon as you sync up and your next rewards process regardless of how long you kept your wallet closed.

https://twitter.com/virtualfaqs
Looking for altcoin pump advice? Then follow me.
KingSchultz

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 06:25:09 PM

If you don't stake it you will keep having the same 1000 BC after a year, someone else with 1000 BC staking it will have roughly 1010 BC after a year. If you have a constantly up device with network connectivity staking is a good idea otherwise only worth it if you have a serious amount and care about the compound interest.

And of course, it helps secure the network to stake. Cool
lonely@thetop

Activity: 210

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 06:27:41 PM

How exactly does the Staking work and do you need to keep the wallet open constantly to get your share? Or can you just open the wallet every now and then and let it update to "your stake"? Is it better to keep it open constantly or it doesn't matter?

You need to keep your wallet open and unlocked to receive compound interest, if you open it just rarely you will get your 1% yearly interest on coins not moved for 8 hours as your stash will have gained "weight" during that time, but you won't benefit from compound interest.

Staking earns you money and helps secure the network but I personally would not do it on a Windows platform, but it's just me, I keep my wallets strictly linux, compiled from source.

If you keep your wallet open 24/7, you'll get roughly 1.01%.

Can anyone confirm you actually have to open your wallet and receive the BC before staking starts? Or does it happen automatically as soon as someone send you BC?

You need to open and unlock, the little arrow bottom right reports the current staking status, if it's open but locked says "not staking" or something similar.

Ok let's say I have 1000BC - will this be dilluted a lot if I don't "stake"? As far as I know the number of BC coins is increasing all the time?

I was under the impression you would still get that 1% as soon as you sync up and your next rewards process regardless of how long you kept your wallet closed.

Yes, that is the case apologies if it sounded confusing
jamieb81

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 06:28:48 PM

I have to say MOOLAH support rocks, I've sent them my documents to get verified, and got answer back in 5 minutes that I was accepted !
virtualfaqs

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2014, 06:29:31 PM

So it's more like 1010 for non-staker and 1010.1 for the staker I think.

lonely@thetop

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 06:29:35 PM

Indeed, and we need that. Did I read somewhere that Cryptsy is staking BC? If cryptsy were scumbag steve exchange and had 51% of all staked coins at a given time they could attempt a double spend attack. But... it's highly unlikely, so no panic needed.
btcprice

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 06:29:59 PM

Hash rate for scrypt a few hours ago was around 3000 MH/s. Now, at http://blackcoinpool.com/ it's at 4456.53 MH/s.

That big jump in price caused some miners to notice so the hash speed will only go up. That will cause BC price to go up and then we just have one feeding the other to higher BC prices.
lonely@thetop

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 06:31:16 PM

Non staker (someone who never unlocks his wallet) will never get any additional BC so it'll keep being 1000. Now, if he decides to stake at least for a short while this will, over some short period turn into 1010....
virtualfaqs

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2014, 06:33:25 PM

Non staker (someone who never unlocks his wallet) will never get any additional BC so it'll keep being 1000. Now, if he decides to stake at least for a short while this will, over some short period turn into 1010....

That short period is like roughly 24 hours right?

crypto.ct

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 06:36:38 PM

I bought BC when it was 0.00005000 BTC in mid march now its more than 3 times of the price I bought !!!!!
Do you recommend holding it?
Yes i recommed holding it. I got it at that price too. I just keep buying more. Whenever I get more cash I buy more blackcoin. I dont hesistate. Its the best coin and its direction is up. This isnt a pump its a correction. Anyone who sells is nuts. This is not a pump+dump coin its a pump coin. Its an up coin.

The reason I asked this is that everytime I buy a coin(no offence to BC) its been pump and dump !
It happened for me when I got dogecoin at the price of 80 Satoshi and kept buying at the rates of 140, 180, 210! everyone told me to just hold it and right now is 100 stoshi.
It happened for AUR as well before the air drop and now....

Maybe in a couple of years all of them will go up like Bitcoin who knows but again if I want to hold a coin Im looking for something with a future not just a short period of time they come and disappear !

I hope BC will have the future everyones looking for Smiley
lonely@thetop

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 06:37:34 PM

That short period is like roughly 24 hours right?

Not 100% sure but, having not staked for a long while I received my 2 month worth of interest within an hour of staking, so you're most likely right.
virtualfaqs

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2014, 06:40:09 PM

I bought BC when it was 0.00005000 BTC in mid march now its more than 3 times of the price I bought !!!!!
Yes i recommed holding it. I got it at that price too. I just keep buying more. Whenever I get more cash I buy more blackcoin. I dont hesistate. Its the best coin and its direction is up. This isnt a pump its a correction. Anyone who sells is nuts. This is not a pump+dump coin its a pump coin. Its an up coin.

The reason I asked this is that everytime I buy a coin(no offence to BC) its been pump and dump !
It happened for me when I got dogecoin at the price of 80 Satoshi and kept buying at the rates of 140, 180, 210! everyone told me to just hold it and right now is 100 stoshi.

Maybe in a couple of years all of them will go up like Bitcoin who knows but again if I want to hold a coin Im looking for something with a future not just a short period of time they come and disappear !

We are completely different from dogecoin or AUR. Dogecoin has 5% coin supply increase permanently. If it did not, I would have bought some. But the developer chose to this. I don't have a problem with that, but this probably kept it from surging in value. That's exactly the reason he did that.

AUR - citizens need the money so they all sold. Free money? Why wait if you have no interest in crypto. Actually I heard if you sold before airdrop, you would be fine. Didn't it go from $11 to $17 then after airdrop to $2?

NutMasterTardd
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1015

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 06:43:28 PM

We are completely different from dogecoin or AUR. Dogecoin has 5% coin supply increase permanently. If it did not, I would have bought some. But the developer chose to this. I don't have a problem with that, but this probably kept it from surging in value. That's exactly the reason he did that.

AUR - citizens need the money so they all sold. Free money? Why wait if you have no interest in crypto. Actually I heard if you sold before airdrop, you would be fine. Didn't it go from $11 to $17 then after airdrop to $2?

+1

and $4 to $92 then $2 lol

GEO, RLC & QRL.
blade87

Activity: 644

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 06:45:53 PM

AUR, 50% premined. Do not care.

Had AUR done a 0% premine, and mined only airdrop, maybe things would have been different? I don't know. Can't say. But 50% premine has ruined that coin. When there is too much uncertainty for potential investment groups as to where the coin is (especially a significant amount that took zero effort to obtain), investment groups just aren't going to invest.

I hope BC has set the example that any premine is not needed for a coin to be successful. All you need is a something truly breakthrough for the crypto community. BC's idea, as simple as it may be, is genius and its price movement since inception is proof. Smiley
cryptozaurus

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 06:49:06 PM

THE NEXT STEP:

Finally the news from Coinkite, the press release and everything else is hitting home and having it's effect on the price of BlackCoin.
However this is just a small step for us, we aim to be the next big crypto currency out there and a $ 5 million marketcap is -nothing-.

However, to keep momentum going we need YOU to help us out!

We want to get added to more Point of Sale systems and also Payment Processors so MORE MERCHANTS can join BlackCoin in it's rise to stardom.
One of the bigger names in this space is Moolah, these guys have things brewing that will amaze the Crypto Community and we would like to be a part of that.

Today Moolah reached out to us, if we reach 50 BTC in trading volume over a 24 hour period we will get added to ALL their services the SAME DAY. 50 BTC is not much seeing as we have traded over 1200 BTC in the past 24 hours on MintPal alone.

You can make this happen!

Read:
https://twitter.com/moolah_io/status/455010709479620608

Now:
Signup at http://www.prelude.io
Sent over some BC or BTC
Go trade.

They also have USD markets!
https://www.prelude.io/trade/usd/bc

We are at about 1.5 BTC as of this post. Please make this happen, even if you loose a little BC or BTC in the trades, your worth will go up by your help!
GO GO GO

Thanks, volume is growing slowly, let's make a wave ppl!

Just registered.

+1

I'll give it a try too! Smiley
jiosefjd

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 06:49:24 PM

Almost 6 BTC of volume on Moolah now.  Took only an hour or so to quadruple. Keep it up!
crypto.ct

Activity: 7

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 06:50:21 PM

+1,  I sold all my AUR a week after the air drop and lost some BTC however I don't trade day to day and like to keep a coin that has future in it.
TheGift73

Activity: 525
Merit: 501

GameX (GX) | NextGEN Gaming Cryptocurrency

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 06:59:49 PM

Awesome BTC Volume

██

███
                                         ████
                                         ████

▄▄▄▄█████████████████████▄                  ▄████████▀
    ▄█████████████████████████████▄              ▄████████▀
  ▄██████████████████████▀ ▀████████▄          ▄████████▀
 ██████████████████████▀     ▀████████▄      ▄████████▀
████████                       ▀████████▄  ▄████████▀
███████ █████████████████████    ▀████████████████▀
██████   ▀███████████████████      ▀████████████▀
██████▄    ▀█████████████████      ▄████████████▄
███████▄     ▀███████████████    ▄████████████████▄
 ████████▄            ███████  ▄█████████▀ ▀████████▄
  ███████████████████████████▄█████████▀     ▀████████▄
   ▀█████████████████████████████████▀         ▀████████▄
     ▀▀████████████████████████████▀             ▀████████▄

███████                       ███████     
     █████████                     █████████    
   ▒█████████████████████████████████████████░  
 ▒█████   █████████████████████████████   █████░
 ██████░ ▒██████████████████████████████▓███████
████   ░█    █████  ░███████  ░███    █████    ██
███████   ██████████████████████████████▓████████
███████   █████████████████████████████   ███████
██████████████    ▓███████████░   ░██████████████
█████████████       █████████       █████████████
█████████████      ░█████████       █████████████
██████████████▓  ░███       ███   ███████████████
███████████░  ░▓█▓             ▓█▓   ▓███████████
██████████▒                           ▓██████████
█████████░                             ░█████████
███████                                   ███████
 █████                                     █████
  ▀▀▀                                       ▀▀▀
TWITTERTELEGRAMREDDIT
  JOIN OUR COMMUNITY! 
FACEBOOKINSTAGRAM
zeta93

Activity: 42

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 07:05:47 PM

do you think realy there is a future in digital codes, wake up
all coins are pump and dump
don't dream, take your profit when you can and run
dzonikg28

Activity: 1106
Merit: 508

Bisq Market Day - March 20th 2023

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 07:06:37 PM

No offence but you should use your brain ...Aura was 50% premine..U should no that when than 50% air drops price would fall like knife ...Doge has huge inflation..its 70 bilion alleradu of 100 bilion

▄▄██████▄
    ▄████████████▄
  ▄███▀  ▀███████▀  ▄▄
 ▄████      ▀▀▀   ▄███▄
▄████             ▀████▄
█████               ▀██▀
████▌  ███      ███
▀████   ▀▀      ▀▀
 ▀████▄    ▄▄▄▄      ▄█▄
  ▀█████▄   ▀▀    ▄█████
    ▀██████▄▄▄▄███████▀
       ▀▀█████████▀▀
████
████
████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      ▄▄▄▄    ▄▄▄▄▄          ▄▄███▄▄
█████████████▄    ████  ▄████████▄    ▄███████████▄
█████▀    ▀████   ████  ███▀  ▀██▀   ████▀    ▀████▄
████        ████  ████  ▀████▄▄▄    ████        ████
████        ████  ████    ▀▀▀████▄  ████        ████
 ████▄    ▄████   ████  ▄██▄  ▄███   ████▄    ▄█████
  ▀██████████▀    ████  ▀████████▀    ▀█████████████
     ▀▀▀▀▀▀       ▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀ ████
                                                ████
                                                ████
.....MARKET DAY - MARCH 20TH 2023....Download Now .#...
Pages: « 1 ... 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 [763] 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 ... 1743 »
  Print  

Jump to: