R9 270 4~6 - 47 (2.8%)
R9 270 6+ - 93 (5.6%)
R9 280X 1~3 - 254 (15.3%)
R9 280X 4~6 - 255 (15.4%)
R9 280X 6+ - 268 (16.2%)
R9 290 1~3 - 150 (9.1%)
R9 290 3~6 - 91 (5.5%)
R9 290 6+ - 298 (18%)
OTHER (please specify in the thread) - 75 (4.5%)
NONE (Mining only) - 35 (2.1%)
Total Voters: 1656

Pages: « 1 ... 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 [439] 440 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [GPUC] GPU Coin | Mandatory Wallet Update  (Read 421193 times)
almightyruler
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1092

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 04:16:23 PM

Reviewing old wallets tonight. I recompiled my GPUcoin client and tried some historical addnode IPs. Was surprised when one connected and started syncing newer blocks!

The last block common block we have is 99588 (27-Sep-2014) ... I know this coin is "effectively" dead but that still seems a bit old.

Is anyone at a greater height? The mention above of block 206227 makes me wonder if the single peer and myself are on a fork.

I'll keep trying other IPs.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
almightyruler
Legendary

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 10:04:12 PM

Any addnodes?

coingather shows GPUCoin at a height of 1019065 blocks, which is well above the 99588 I have...
supplyabject

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 11:03:52 PM

Very good and unique project... Wishing best of luck for all team members behind this project
CryptoClubber

Activity: 664
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 08:50:04 AM

any active node on the old blockchain ?

darwinbravais

Activity: 56

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 09:37:58 AM

Interesting, keep my eye on
almightyruler
Legendary

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 10:38:04 AM

Coingather shows one active peer, but they don't list IPs. I can't connect to Coingather either - for security reasons I'd say they don't allow inbound connects on their coin clients.

So we have at least two peers, one of them NOT coingather... but the question is, how do we find it?
CryptoClubber

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 11:50:41 AM

Coingather shows one active peer, but they don't list IPs. I can't connect to Coingather either - for security reasons I'd say they don't allow inbound connects on their coin clients.

So we have at least two peers, one of them NOT coingather... but the question is, how do we find it?

original blockchain or new gpucoin ?

almightyruler
Legendary

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 10:24:33 PM

original blockchain or new gpucoin ?

With a count of 1019065 blocks I'm assuming it's not the PoS only GPU launched in April 2016, but who knows? If the target spacing is less than the typical 60 seconds the PoS coin could have generated that many blocks in 18-20 months. The new one has no block explorer so I can't tell for sure.
illiki23

Activity: 602
Merit: 295

Hail Eris!

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 10:33:35 PM
Last edit: November 02, 2017, 10:47:17 PM by illiki23

Um you might not want to spend too much 'eye time' on this one.  The creator James ended being a con man and ran off with a lot of peoples money.  He tried to weasel out of it but was caught in a number of discrepancies which showed that he ended up he only spending a small fraction of the initial investment on his GPU store and simple disappeared with the rest.

It was one of the things which led to a lot of dissapointment with the crypto community.  We reported him to local and federal authorities but there was nothing anyone could do.  He even created an and registered an LCC to pull off his fraud and there was nothing no one could fucking do.  

I honestly would be perfectly fine if someone beat the guy to an inch of his life.  Fuck people who steal from others because they are too lazy or stupid or evil to make their own.  James is a loser who couldn't make it in the Navy so decided to hurt people for a living.

The 'new GPU coin' pisses me off just by association.  

▄▄██████▄
         ▄▄████████████
   ▄▄█████████▀▀   ▀████
 ▄███████████▄      ████
████▀   ▀▀██████▄▄▄████
████      ▄███████████▄
▀████▄▄▄████████▀▀▀████▄
 ▀███████████▀      ████
 ████▀▀▀██████▄▄   ▄███▀
████      ▀███████████▀
████▄   ▄▄█████████▀▀
 ████████████▀▀
  ▀██████▀▀
█████████████████

███

██████████

██████

███████████

███████████████

███████████████████
█████████████████

███    

██████████

██████    

███████████

███████████████    

███████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████

████▀               █████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
█████▄▄       ▄████████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████

███████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ███████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
███████▀           ▀███████
██████  ▄██▀▀▀▀▀█▀▄  ██████

█████  █▀  ▄▄▄  ▀█  █████
██████  █  █████  █  ██████
██████  █▄  ▀▀▀  ▄█  ██████
██████  ▀██▄▄▄▄▄██▀  ██████
███████▄           ▄███████
██████████▀█████▀██████████
███████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀███████

█████▌             ▐█████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
██████▄  ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄  ▄██████
████████▄▄███████▄▄████████

na]][/font][/font][/size][/font][/td][td][/td][/tr][/table][/tr
wacko
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1014

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 10:39:11 PM

Yeah, I also remember this GPU Coin very well, and remember how it died (I might've actually been one of the reasons for the death of this coin, Cheesy although that James guy was sketchy and probably a scammer as well). I'm curious though why are you guys interested in this coin? Are you considering reviving it or what?

Um you might not want to spend too much 'eye time' on this one.
That guy is just spamming to get his post count up. Sad There's been so much of this useless crap lately, I guess people want in on all those airdrops and signature campaigns, so they just post random BS like "I'm interested", "keep my eye on", "keep up the good work" etc. Hundreds and hundreds of crappy posts like that appear on these forums each and every day.
illiki23

Hail Eris!

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 10:46:14 PM

Yeah, I also remember this GPU Coin very well, and remember how it died (I might've actually been one of the reasons for the death of this coin, Cheesy although that James guy was sketchy and probably a scammer as well). I'm curious though why are you guys interested in this coin? Are you considering reviving it or what?

You were not the reason.  The coin price dropping and people getting really cheap GPUs was not the reason. 

We had proof that James only spent a small fraction (some small percentage) of the investment funds to purchase stock even though he claimed he spent all the money on stock.

If he had he could have ridden out that one dip where people got cheap GPUs.   Instead he not only took the money and run but never sent out a number of GPUs while not giving refunds. 

▄▄██████▄
         ▄▄████████████
   ▄▄█████████▀▀   ▀████
 ▄███████████▄      ████
████▀   ▀▀██████▄▄▄████
████      ▄███████████▄
▀████▄▄▄████████▀▀▀████▄
 ▀███████████▀      ████
 ████▀▀▀██████▄▄   ▄███▀
████      ▀███████████▀
████▄   ▄▄█████████▀▀
 ████████████▀▀
  ▀██████▀▀
█████████████████

███

██████████

██████

███████████

███████████████

███████████████████
█████████████████

███    

██████████

██████    

███████████

███████████████    

███████████████████

wacko
Legendary

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 11:14:29 PM

We had proof that James only spent a small fraction (some small percentage) of the investment funds to purchase stock even though he claimed he spent all the money on stock.

If he had he could have ridden out that one dip where people got cheap GPUs.   Instead he not only took the money and run but never sent out a number of GPUs while not giving refunds. 
Yeah, I remember all that, I was around. I think I was the first one though to exploit the sync delay between the gpu coin store prices and the coin's actual exchange rate. Only a few gpus were sold from the store at that point and prices were more or less stable. Then I went playing with the exchange rate, driving it up and down, and ordered quite a few GPUs for 1/3-1/2 of their actual $ price. I think I've had 7 or 8 orders for amd 280x. That James guy only shipped me 3 cards though and ignored all the other orders (while keeping the gpu coins for himself, of course). I still made a profit in the end (sold those 3 cards for a bit more than I payed for all 7-8 of them), but not much - barely broke even. After that, I think, he decided to just quit and get away with all the money/gpus he had left. I wasn't alone ordering cards that day, as soon as other users noticed what was going on with the store and coin prices, they also started putting the orders (there were counters on the gpu coin store site so it was more or less transparent process). But I guess my orders went through first and he was just shipping cards in the order they were bought (until he decided that that's enough), so some of the later buyers didn't get anything.

But yeah, of course the main reason was simply because he sort of scammed everyone and didn't allocate the funds in the way he was supposed to.
illiki23

Hail Eris!

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 03:01:00 AM

Yeah, I remember all that, I was around. I think I was the first one though to exploit the sync delay between the gpu coin store prices and the coin's actual exchange rate. Only a few gpus were sold from the store at that point and prices were more or less stable. Then I went playing with the exchange rate, driving it up and down, and ordered quite a few GPUs for 1/3-1/2 of their actual $ price. I think I've had 7 or 8 orders for amd 280x. That James guy only shipped me 3 cards though and ignored all the other orders (while keeping the gpu coins for himself, of course). I still made a profit in the end (sold those 3 cards for a bit more than I payed for all 7-8 of them), but not much - barely broke even. After that, I think, he decided to just quit and get away with all the money/gpus he had left. I wasn't alone ordering cards that day, as soon as other users noticed what was going on with the store and coin prices, they also started putting the orders (there were counters on the gpu coin store site so it was more or less transparent process). But I guess my orders went through first and he was just shipping cards in the order they were bought (until he decided that that's enough), so some of the later buyers didn't get anything.

But yeah, of course the main reason was simply because he sort of scammed everyone and didn't allocate the funds in the way he was supposed to.

Yes the pump and dump market manipulation led to unexpected prices but it is something which could have been adjusted - it was actually an interesting challenge, but the dev was looking for an excuse to bail as he still had the majority of the investors funds.

And yes wacko, that was probably a little shady yourself, but it would have happened eventually.  He could have taken the hit, put a stop on the orders, and then begin looking for a solution rather than rob people.

Anyways it is over with.  Not sure why this thread came back up other than people trying to get activity scores.  Do people have like a bot which goes through threads and posts those types of things?  I once crawled bitcointalk (the robots.txt did not forbid it) to update a list of all new coins so see how it would be relatively easy.  Wrong thread to resurrect though!

▄▄██████▄
         ▄▄████████████
   ▄▄█████████▀▀   ▀████
 ▄███████████▄      ████
████▀   ▀▀██████▄▄▄████
████      ▄███████████▄
▀████▄▄▄████████▀▀▀████▄
 ▀███████████▀      ████
 ████▀▀▀██████▄▄   ▄███▀
████      ▀███████████▀
████▄   ▄▄█████████▀▀
 ████████████▀▀
  ▀██████▀▀
█████████████████

███

██████████

██████

███████████

███████████████

███████████████████
█████████████████

███    

██████████

██████    

███████████

███████████████    

███████████████████

almightyruler
Legendary

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 04:19:43 AM

Anyways it is over with.  Not sure why this thread came back up [...]

With the value of BTC going up, I bet I'm not the only one sifting through old wallets that were previously put aside as "almost worthless"...
wacko
Legendary

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 12:25:48 PM

And yes wacko, that was probably a little shady yourself, but it would have happened eventually.  He could have taken the hit, put a stop on the orders, and then begin looking for a solution rather than rob people.
It was a poorly designed store really, I didn't plan to do anything shady. I was mining gpucoin at that time, but didn't have enough coins mined to order GPUs from the store, so I went to the exchange to buy some more. As I started buying (and exchange rate was going up due to me buying more and more coins), I noticed that the prices in the store weren't updating fast enough. So, as soon as I bought enough gpu coins to place a couple orders, I ordered two cards, and then the exchange rate started to go down again (with regular miners dumping their coins for BTC). So I had to repeat the process simply to be able to order more gpus (cause I didn't have enough hash power to mine so many coins and the only way to buy more cards from the store for me was to buy coins at the exchange). The way that store was designed, combined with the relatively small volume of the gpu coin, pretty much left me no choice but to go on like that. It's like it was supposed to be that way, anyone who wanted to buy more than just one GPU, and didn't have enough coins in their wallet, had to go through this process, and ordering GPUs at a low price was simply a matter of placing orders at the right time.

With the value of BTC going up, I bet I'm not the only one sifting through old wallets that were previously put aside as "almost worthless"...
This one is definitely worthless.  Cheesy
CryptoClubber

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 01:18:51 PM

It was a poorly designed store really, I didn't plan to do anything shady. I was mining gpucoin at that time, but didn't have enough coins mined to order GPUs from the store, so I went to the exchange to buy some more. As I started buying (and exchange rate was going up due to me buying more and more coins), I noticed that the prices in the store weren't updating fast enough. So, as soon as I bought enough gpu coins to place a couple orders, I ordered two cards, and then the exchange rate started to go down again (with regular miners dumping their coins for BTC). So I had to repeat the process simply to be able to order more gpus (cause I didn't have enough hash power to mine so many coins and the only way to buy more cards from the store for me was to buy coins at the exchange). The way that store was designed, combined with the relatively small volume of the gpu coin, pretty much left me no choice but to go on like that. It's like it was supposed to be that way, anyone who wanted to buy more than just one GPU, and didn't have enough coins in their wallet, had to go through this process, and ordering GPUs at a low price was simply a matter of placing orders at the right time.

still you can swap it for CCB if you get the gpuc blockchain work

illiki23

Hail Eris!

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 06:53:11 PM

Calculating the moving average for some previous time period could have prevented a lot of that.

Yes worthless but the lessons learned were not. Smiley

▄▄██████▄
         ▄▄████████████
   ▄▄█████████▀▀   ▀████
 ▄███████████▄      ████
████▀   ▀▀██████▄▄▄████
████      ▄███████████▄
▀████▄▄▄████████▀▀▀████▄
 ▀███████████▀      ████
 ████▀▀▀██████▄▄   ▄███▀
████      ▀███████████▀
████▄   ▄▄█████████▀▀
 ████████████▀▀
  ▀██████▀▀
█████████████████

███

██████████

██████

███████████

███████████████

███████████████████
█████████████████

███    

██████████

██████    

███████████

███████████████    

███████████████████

matoxxx86

Activity: 4

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 01:45:14 PM
Last edit: January 18, 2018, 02:23:56 PM by matoxxx86

Hi,

I've recently discovered that I have some coins on Poloniex since 2014. They have a symbol of GPUC and is greyed out (is not traded anymore). Is there anything I can do with it? Transfer to some other exchange or to some wallet?

Did this coin fork from https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1678399.new#new   ?
almightyruler
Legendary

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 11:13:57 PM

Hi,

I've recently discovered that I have some coins on Poloniex since 2014. They have a symbol of GPUC and is greyed out (is not traded anymore). Is there anything I can do with it? Transfer to some other exchange or to some wallet?

Did this coin fork from https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1678399.new#new   ?

If it's from 2014 then it's possibly the coin from this thread, rather than the new PoS-only one you've linked. They have different genesis blocks so it's not a blockchain fork with earlier shared funds; they use two entirely different blockchains.

Only problem is that it's pretty much dead. If you read back a bit, you can see that a couple of months ago I went peer hunting, without much luck.

Coingather has since abruptly disappeared from the internet, which means the lone peer connected to it would probably now have no connections whatsoever.

So I'm not really sure if a "network" as such still exists. If you do happen to find a random peer it's possible they may not have a complete blockchain. At one point someone synced from me, even though my blockchain is very stale.
matoxxx86

Activity: 4

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 07:33:33 AM

Thank Your for answer. So it seems it's dead.
Pages: « 1 ... 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 [439] 440 »
  Print  

Jump to: