R9 270 4~6 - 47 (2.8%)
R9 270 6+ - 93 (5.6%)
R9 280X 1~3 - 254 (15.3%)
R9 280X 4~6 - 255 (15.4%)
R9 280X 6+ - 268 (16.2%)
R9 290 1~3 - 150 (9.1%)
R9 290 3~6 - 91 (5.5%)
R9 290 6+ - 298 (18%)
OTHER (please specify in the thread) - 75 (4.5%)
NONE (Mining only) - 35 (2.1%)
Total Voters: 1656

Pages: « 1 ... 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 [391] 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [GPUC] GPU Coin | Mandatory Wallet Update  (Read 421193 times)
pastet89

Activity: 378
Merit: 265

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2014, 09:29:56 AM

Ok, so you are thinking it will contain information about how to convert fiat to BTC and then what exchanges to use?

I am reading similar text everywhere, but as a noob in cryptos, i don't get it - what is fiat?? (someone is selling cars for BTC? Cheesy )
fiat is all the currency issued by banks/governments - EUR/USD/GBP etc...

Cryptostats.es

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
waldistons

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 09:55:41 AM

Btw, tried to sell my DOGE to buy GPUC on mintpal, but they didn't allow me to do it. I think they limit trade orders to 0.0001 BTC or whatever the current BTC transaction fee is. Withdrawing my DOGE to wallet and putting on other exchange. Anyone knows cheapest exchange for buying GPUC by scheme DOGE -> BTC -> GPUC ? Cheesy

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses 100% original codebase
  Superfast with 30 seconds instant finality
  Tested 5000 tx per block on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
pastet89

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2014, 10:00:31 AM

Btw, tried to sell my DOGE to buy GPUC on mintpal, but they didn't allow me to do it. I think they limit trade orders to 0.0001 BTC or whatever the current BTC transaction fee is. Withdrawing my DOGE to wallet and putting on other exchange. Anyone knows cheapest exchange for buying GPUC by scheme DOGE -> BTC -> GPUC ? Cheesy
Sell DOGE everyehere, for example Cryptsy. And then buy GPUC from poloniex.

Cryptostats.es
waldistons

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 10:04:45 AM

thanks for advice, will do that as soon as my DOGE wallet synchronises Cheesy

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses 100% original codebase
  Superfast with 30 seconds instant finality
  Tested 5000 tx per block on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
v3p

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 10:24:43 AM

How is the store planning to get $ out of GPUC when total GPUC buy volume is like 0.1 BTC?
Coin is dying and so is the store because they are stuck with their GPUC worth nothing.

I am sure Jaymes is not that stupid and has planned that. I think he will soon get us on a bigger exchange.

That alone won't be enough to solve the problem.
bitcoinsguru

Activity: 103
Merit: 10

I'm addicted to BitCoin

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2014, 10:55:50 AM

How is the store planning to get $ out of GPUC when total GPUC buy volume is like 0.1 BTC?
Coin is dying and so is the store because they are stuck with their GPUC worth nothing.

I am sure Jaymes is not that stupid and has planned that. I think he will soon get us on a bigger exchange.

You are right buddy, The biggest exchange can be great for coin or it just vanish that coin, like flappy coin came to Cryptsy very fast & rates fallen down & now the flappy is exchanged with LTC at 0.00000006, At start the price in BTC for flappy.
So we have to make sure that this GPU Coin reach to lots of people & all should believe in this coin & it should be also used for other services, So value of coin go up.

Earn free BTC every Hour FreeBit.Co.In
pastet89

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2014, 11:00:06 AM

You are right buddy, The biggest exchange can be great for coin or it just vanish that coin, like flappy coin came to Cryptsy very fast & rates fallen down & now the flappy is exchanged with LTC at 0.00000006, At start the price in BTC for flappy.
So we have to make sure that this GPU Coin reach to lots of people & all should believe in this coin & it should be also used for other services, So value of coin go up.

You are right.
I am starting to think more and more we need a massive campaign. Maybe on national USA TV. Don't know the cose but Mazacoin did it. And they went 40x in price in 3 days.

Cryptostats.es
MiningSensei

Activity: 766
Merit: 509

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 12:13:12 PM

I think that if the community builds up strong enough, then we can get a major uptrend with a new exchange.  I would be extremely happy if GPUcoin didn't get major attention from profit-switch pools or pumpers for a while, so I'm glad that it isn't on a major exchange yet. 

Hello
vesperwillow

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 01:44:15 PM

...asic only helps coins. gives them more hash power, secures the network, and overall generates more profit...
Are you nuts? If ASICs become the way of mining, then GPUs are out, and what is the point of GPUC??? Sure, they do help secure the network, but they make mining SEVERELY less profitable. Do you not understand what's happened to Bitcoin due to ASICs?

What happened? It became far more secure. Hashpower = network security.  They don't make it less profitable.. in fact you're so far off on your logic it's mind blowing. If that were the case then bitcoin would be worth less than a dogecoin. The most profitable long term altcoins are Scrypt, but it's not their algo which makes them profitable. The most valuable and sustainable cryptocurrency will be the one consumers use worldwide, and that may not even be Bitcoin in a few years.. who knows.

Aside from that, no cryptocurrency has inherent value, and only a few of them have somewhat tangible value. ScryptN (or ANY algo) coin value shouldn't be evaluated from the first 6 months.. not even the first year honestly. Vertcoin's hash and value is dying, just like many others.. why..? Nothing tangible. Why mine it? No consumer use. GPUC is following the same path right now. Network hash has died off severely.

Besides that, to maintain a network you need ongoing hashrate. Ongoing hashrate = more power usage. Without ASIC you limit your hashrate and increase security risks. Right now the least efficient Scrypt ASIC systems are pushing 500kh at just a few watts, and I can get them for the same price as 270 cards. Think about that for a minute.

Would you rather be mining GPUC at 500kh at say 150watts, or 5 watts? Because the latter would be giving you lower overhead and hence a more valuable turnover.

Like I said before.. hardly anyone in this thread understands the problem with GPUC, much less long term coin design and sustainability. Maybe 5 people.

jimlite
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1018

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2014, 02:10:53 PM

...asic only helps coins. gives them more hash power, secures the network, and overall generates more profit...
Are you nuts? If ASICs become the way of mining, then GPUs are out, and what is the point of GPUC??? Sure, they do help secure the network, but they make mining SEVERELY less profitable. Do you not understand what's happened to Bitcoin due to ASICs?

What happened? It became far more secure. Hashpower = network security.  They don't make it less profitable.. in fact you're so far off on your logic it's mind blowing. If that were the case then bitcoin would be worth less than a dogecoin. The most profitable long term altcoins are Scrypt, but it's not their algo which makes them profitable. The most valuable and sustainable cryptocurrency will be the one consumers use worldwide, and that may not even be Bitcoin in a few years.. who knows.

Aside from that, no cryptocurrency has inherent value, and only a few of them have somewhat tangible value. ScryptN (or ANY algo) coin value shouldn't be evaluated from the first 6 months.. not even the first year honestly. Vertcoin's hash and value is dying, just like many others.. why..? Nothing tangible. Why mine it? No consumer use. GPUC is following the same path right now. Network hash has died off severely.

Besides that, to maintain a network you need ongoing hashrate. Ongoing hashrate = more power usage. Without ASIC you limit your hashrate and increase security risks. Right now the least efficient Scrypt ASIC systems are pushing 500kh at just a few watts, and I can get them for the same price as 270 cards. Think about that for a minute.

Would you rather be mining GPUC at 500kh at say 150watts, or 5 watts? Because the latter would be giving you lower overhead and hence a more valuable turnover.

Like I said before.. hardly anyone in this thread understands the problem with GPUC, much less long term coin design and sustainability. Maybe 5 people.
Yeah, but multipools can't rape us (yet) since we are scrypt-n, and there are no big scrypt-n multipools.  A little might be good for the hashrate though.  You are just upset since you can't mine gpuc with your gridseeds.  That alone will make it more valuable once people are sick of litecoin difficulty at 10,000 and no multipool income from crap coins. People will go to scrypt-n, keccak, and x11 coins and you sir will have a nice paperweight.

Binance, hottest/largest alt exchange, 2BTC daily no verification. https://www.binance.com/?ref=13309371
NEED TO RENT A RIG? All algos at http://www.miningrigrentals.com/register?ref=627

✵ Super FAST block times      ✵ Block Explorer right in the wallet!     ✵ Stealth Addresses     ✵ PoW/PoS hybrid  
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
Ancient Money
for a New World
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
Join the conversation!
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

▄████▄▄    ▄
██             ████████████▀
████▄         █████████████▀
▀████████▄▄   █████████████
▄▄█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
  ▀██████████████████████
   █████████████████████
    ▀█████████████████▀
      ▄█████████████▀
▄▄███████████████▀
   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

TWITTER

vesperwillow

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 02:22:57 PM

Yeah, but multipools can't rape us (yet) since we are scrypt-n, and there are no big scrypt-n multipools.  A little might be good for the hashrate though.  You are just upset since you can't mine gpuc with your gridseeds.  That alone will make it more valuable once people are sick of litecoin difficulty at 10,000 and no multipool income from crap coins. People will go to scrypt-n, keccak, and x11 coins and you sir will have a nice paperweight.

Rape? You mean, mint coins, like GPUC is designed for? Because, once again, the volume of coins in flow isn't the problem.. it's the LACK of business flow. Bitcoin is being silverback-gorilla-gang-raped right now and guess what, it's doing superbly, up 50x its value from 12 months ago. Litecoin is being whored out to several multipools and is doing even better than bitcoin. The fact is GPUC's frontend (business) is dying.

Upset? I don't even HAVE gridseeds. Roll Eyes As I mentioned several pages back I have a GPU farm. Myself and 2 friends could literally steal your blockchain away from you and destroy the coin if we wanted to, because the network hashrate is so low, lower than last week even. I'm not upset, if anything this is hilarious, I'm laughing right now.

Let me know in a few years how GPUC is doing. Oh that's right, I predicted its death by this summer back a few hundred pages. And guess what? It's definitely on track for that. The only reason I stay in here is because this is like a museum exhibit to me, it provides entertainment, and for those who are genuine in their intentions, I provide advice.

Perhaps you're upset because you were around awhile back when I predicted every single one of the failures which have occured so far? Maybe not, but hey, it's all good. To each his own Smiley

tylerderden
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1025

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 02:24:41 PM

There are already multipools hitting GPUC. TMB does when the profit is right. I think they might be the only one and it's a small pool with no open registration anytime soon but the thing is they may be the only decent sized pool propping this coin up at the moment. and one of the asic companies has said you can mine scrypt-n with their product. I think a better thing to worry about than what's going to happen in 6 month's and all the speculation about this coin need to be shelved. Somebody needs to do some serious marketing or this is going to be just another failed shitcoin, that's the only thing that matters right now. awareness and volume. A huge sale, even at a loss, would probably do the trick but it looks like it's all just falling on deaf ears at this point. It's too bad this coin could have been huge.
illiki23

Activity: 602
Merit: 295

Hail Eris!

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 02:38:07 PM

"Judge rules Facebook investors CAN sue for IPO non-disclosures:

I don't care that people are pointing out this is not technically an IPO.  Jaymes collected money in return for what was clearly labeled as investment in an IPO.

If this were a real IPO we could demand refunds based on the fact that GPUCoin is refusing to disclose certain information.  For example GPUCoin has not posted any proof that all of the investor funds were used to purchase a batch of GPUs, regardless of being asked multiple times.

I am starting to believe that one could take GpuCoin to court and get their refund back.

GPUCoin clearly labeled this as an investment in an IPO.  I guess they did not look into it because IPO investors do have rights that have been established in court.

Otherwise I want my refund based on the fact that we were misled into believing we would be part of an IPO.  It is not my fault Jaymes decided to word things in the framework of IPO investment.

▄▄██████▄
         ▄▄████████████
   ▄▄█████████▀▀   ▀████
 ▄███████████▄      ████
████▀   ▀▀██████▄▄▄████
████      ▄███████████▄
▀████▄▄▄████████▀▀▀████▄
 ▀███████████▀      ████
 ████▀▀▀██████▄▄   ▄███▀
████      ▀███████████▀
████▄   ▄▄█████████▀▀
 ████████████▀▀
  ▀██████▀▀
█████████████████

███

██████████

██████

███████████

███████████████

███████████████████
█████████████████

███    

██████████

██████    

███████████

███████████████    

███████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████

████▀               █████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
█████▄▄       ▄████████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████

███████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ███████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
███████▀           ▀███████
██████  ▄██▀▀▀▀▀█▀▄  ██████

█████  █▀  ▄▄▄  ▀█  █████
██████  █  █████  █  ██████
██████  █▄  ▀▀▀  ▄█  ██████
██████  ▀██▄▄▄▄▄██▀  ██████
███████▄           ▄███████
██████████▀█████▀██████████
███████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀███████

█████▌             ▐█████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
██████▄  ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄  ▄██████
████████▄▄███████▄▄████████

na]][/font][/font][/size][/font][/td][td][/td][/tr][/table][/tr
vesperwillow

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 03:00:59 PM

He used IPO and defined it as an initial public offering of GPUC.. in that sense, he did not fail to follow through. He provided a public offering of the coin to some initial buyers.

He used corporation-style investment terms throughout the standup, this is true. Whether he did it knowingly/intentionally to beguile more investment from folks, is up to debate. It's an LLC in Virginia, which basically means it's a small business with no partnership/investor framework. Unless you're added as part-owner, you have no part in the business.

Sure, you could take him to court to get your BTC back, but if he has already given you GPUC.. your case wouldn't even end up on the docket. He has no legal or ethical reason to provide you with his private business plan, or even his intentions.

tylerderden
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1025

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 03:47:23 PM

"Judge rules Facebook investors CAN sue for IPO non-disclosures:

I don't care that people are pointing out this is not technically an IPO.  Jaymes collected money in return for what was clearly labeled as investment in an IPO.

If this were a real IPO we could demand refunds based on the fact that GPUCoin is refusing to disclose certain information.  For example GPUCoin has not posted any proof that all of the investor funds were used to purchase a batch of GPUs, regardless of being asked multiple times.

I am starting to believe that one could take GpuCoin to court and get their refund back.

GPUCoin clearly labeled this as an investment in an IPO.  I guess they did not look into it because IPO investors do have rights that have been established in court.

Otherwise I want my refund based on the fact that we were misled into believing we would be part of an IPO.  It is not my fault Jaymes decided to word things in the framework of IPO investment.

geez man get over the technicality already. this is crypto there are no rules really and it's a moot point anyway. We need to stop all this garbage and organize something to get some volume in the store. none of this other shit matters. IPO donation whatever who cares? are you really going to sue the guy on some wording on a bitcoin forum? probably not so why not focus on getting this store some business or something. It's obviously up to us because CEO doesn't seem to be giving much guidance so let's do it. Negativity and threats is not helping anybody so quit wasting your time on it man.
imonit

Activity: 19

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 03:56:08 PM

http://bitinfocharts.com/comparison/hashrate-vtc.html
pastet89

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2014, 05:20:32 PM

Just few hours till the sale  Cheesy

Cryptostats.es
jollyriffic

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 06:06:03 PM

not sure how accurate that site is, but maybe look at this.
http://bitinfocharts.com/comparison/price-vtc.html

UVC: Uc4hCM76fL8iQWgDJE34QA6hrnp2rGTq43    
EMC2: EKwkYKT6LE79ywhKhQtgqkbzcDhzRoB5kP   LTC: LZ7ffsTS93pR5cSZ9KMQMVunkEHRtPrZn9   
imonit

Activity: 19

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 06:14:22 PM

What happened? It became far more secure. Hashpower = network security.  They don't make it less profitable.. in fact you're so far off on your logic it's mind blowing. If that were the case then bitcoin would be worth less than a dogecoin. The most profitable long term altcoins are Scrypt, but it's not their algo which makes them profitable. The most valuable and sustainable cryptocurrency will be the one consumers use worldwide, and that may not even be Bitcoin in a few years.. who knows.

not sure how accurate that site is, but maybe look at this.
http://bitinfocharts.com/comparison/price-vtc.html

....to which I reply  http://bitinfocharts.com/comparison/price-btc-vtc.html (meant to use that)
pr0d1gy

Activity: 658
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 06:32:45 PM

lots of potential. this seems like a good coin.

Set Escrow
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Pages: « 1 ... 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 [391] 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 »
  Print  

Jump to: