R9 270 4~6 - 47 (2.8%)
R9 270 6+ - 93 (5.6%)
R9 280X 1~3 - 254 (15.3%)
R9 280X 4~6 - 255 (15.4%)
R9 280X 6+ - 268 (16.2%)
R9 290 1~3 - 150 (9.1%)
R9 290 3~6 - 91 (5.5%)
R9 290 6+ - 298 (18%)
OTHER (please specify in the thread) - 75 (4.5%)
NONE (Mining only) - 35 (2.1%)
Total Voters: 1656

Pages: « 1 ... 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 [425] 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [GPUC] GPU Coin | Mandatory Wallet Update  (Read 421193 times)
illiki23

Activity: 602
Merit: 295

Hail Eris!

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 05:04:31 AM

GPU Coin LLC now has no money and owes the bank $1500(should have never signed up for the business credit card).  I originally bought the R9 280X cards for $472 each from a distributor since they were the only people who had any stock of any graphics cards, most likely due to their over inflated prices.  The 270 and 240 were also bought at slightly above market value at the time.  Shipping charges (including materials) averaged $27 for each item sent due to many international orders.  I was selling at a loss thinking that the pre-mined GPUC and the inherent quality that most crypto coins are deflationary would make losses much smaller or negate them entirely.  Then all the gpu prices across the web came crashing down and BTC dropped down real low effectively snubbing the market.  The 8 way splitter I hired a company through e-lance to create cost me $4500 and it still has another 2 months of development before the milestone for delivery is completed.  There were also various lawyer fees and legal documents I had to pay for just to set up the business end.  The grand sum of the endeavour that I now have the 2 R9 270s and 20 R7 240 cards that I saved for the signature contest which I still need to front money to ship and now hundreds of millions of GPUC that there is no way of cashing to buy more stock.  My private mining rigs have been churning away at other coins and dumping BTC to the Mintpal vote in hopes that this business venture could be saved, but with a lack of funds and essentially no stock, there seems like nothing I can think of to bolster this coin.

If there is anyone in the community that can think of anything that may help this coin, please come forth and share.  I currently work two full time jobs to cover my sisters rent and my own so she doesn't have to worry about any more shootings, so my free time is limited, but PM me and I'll try my best to fix this situation.

So is the owner now saying that he lied to us about being able to get wholesale GPUs?

I think he is just scamming.  Either way he is lying.

▄▄██████▄
         ▄▄████████████
   ▄▄█████████▀▀   ▀████
 ▄███████████▄      ████
████▀   ▀▀██████▄▄▄████
████      ▄███████████▄
▀████▄▄▄████████▀▀▀████▄
 ▀███████████▀      ████
 ████▀▀▀██████▄▄   ▄███▀
████      ▀███████████▀
████▄   ▄▄█████████▀▀
 ████████████▀▀
  ▀██████▀▀
█████████████████

███

██████████

██████

███████████

███████████████

███████████████████
█████████████████

███    

██████████

██████    

███████████

███████████████    

███████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████

████▀               █████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
█████▄▄       ▄████████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████

███████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ███████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
███████▀           ▀███████
██████  ▄██▀▀▀▀▀█▀▄  ██████

█████  █▀  ▄▄▄  ▀█  █████
██████  █  █████  █  ██████
██████  █▄  ▀▀▀  ▄█  ██████
██████  ▀██▄▄▄▄▄██▀  ██████
███████▄           ▄███████
██████████▀█████▀██████████
███████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀███████

█████▌             ▐█████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
██████▄  ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄  ▄██████
████████▄▄███████▄▄████████

na]][/font][/font][/size][/font][/td][td][/td][/tr][/table][/tr
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
waldistons

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 11:03:27 AM

If James is back, I could maybe get my wallet bounty please? Been waiting for it for a while Cheesy

Hi all! Happy upcoming Easter to all of You!

I would like to claim Linux wallet bounty. There is no bullshitware in this app as I'm not familiar with wallet code, so its unchanged original code and I compiled it from latest git sources on Ubuntu 12.04 32 bit. Damn boost libraries, had to put in a lot of effort to compile wallet... Cheesy I did a test receive and send transaction, seems to work. I sent coins from faucet to first user with GPUC address in signature that I found from the end of this thread. All operating system info and proof that it's working is in screenshot.

If someone does not know, wallet.dat is in hidden folder in your home folder. (see screenshot)

I would like to receive my bounty on this address: GaHCtiCNPFM1Nqf3YkcRNV4kq3pLNMnozS
Also, tips welcome as well, as I spent more than 2 hours on this Cheesy

Download link: https://mega.co.nz/#!iJRjEYCQ!6jknsjFskISIEeeyNKkKZei8pVRVModMx3_1ItlUC1E

P.S. Whoever is running GPUC faucet from home page, something is wrong with deposit address as I was not enable to send coins back. Wallet seems to not accept that address.
P.P.S. From now on, I accept Linux wallet compilation requests for BTC. PM if interested.

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
     ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses 100% original codebase
  Superfast with 30 seconds instant finality
  Tested 5000 tx per block on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
tylerderden
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1025

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 12:30:45 PM

Results from the signature contest:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=550206.msg6479437#msg6479437
(I am the winner of the first prize  Cheesy Cheesy )

Let's hope Jaymes will honour these!!!

Um, you cannot be entered in a contest you are moderating...  If you wanted to be a contestant you needed to find someone else to handle it.  You need to pick another person or else the contest would be very unfair.
It doesn't state in the rules that I can not. If you see it stated somwhere written apart from your own mind suggestion, please link to it.

You should know better to enter yourself as a participant in a contest that you are running.

Just give it to the next in line.  The whole contest was a sham anyways because the owner disappeared and gave absolutely no indication they were coming back.  I changed my sig a few days ago after waiting for a very long time to see if the owner would come back.

You should hold the contest over.  If I knew the coin was still alive I would have kept my sig.

oh but according to him no one is next in line, only him which is shit because I had 63 posts at the time of the contest several in this thread and 365, blackcoin, octocoin, amongst others. It doesn;t matter he has already decided he is going to get something from gpuc one way or the other even if it furthur damages the coin. that's the nail in the coffin for me i'm done with this waste of time coin and bullshit rigged contest where the only eligible winner is bob barker.
vesperwillow

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 12:42:46 PM

So is the owner now saying that he lied to us about being able to get wholesale GPUs?

I think he is just scamming.  Either way he is lying.

He never could get them wholesale the first time around, and I warned him about that, and I told everyone else the same. Nobody that he could deal with was going to give him a super sharp deal, especially when the large volume distributors get first dibs to the monthly shipments from asia.

I think it curious that he has stock remaining,  a good amount actually, and makes it seem like he can't liquidate. He can definitely liquidate and be out less. Unless he already liquidated and just didn't say anything.

Seems like he can put this as business #3 that he ruined.

hendr1x

Activity: 77
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 02:26:03 PM

Hello Everyone,
I would like the communities input on what to do with the websites.  Unfortunately I setup the api/escrow system on a dedicated server which I decided to cancel due to the high monthly expense.  The rest of the sites I can keep running as long as needed.  I set the inventory on all items in the store to zero so we have some time as things are currently.  The only thing I don't control is the domain gpucoin.net.  I assume if the community wants Jaymes would transfer it to us.

jollyriffic

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 02:28:44 PM

Um, you cannot be entered in a contest you are moderating...  If you wanted to be a contestant you needed to find someone else to handle it.  You need to pick another person or else the contest would be very unfair.
It doesn't state in the rules that I can not. If you see it stated somwhere written apart from your own mind suggestion, please link to it.

You should know better to enter yourself as a participant in a contest that you are running.

Just give it to the next in line.  The whole contest was a sham anyways because the owner disappeared and gave absolutely no indication they were coming back.  I changed my sig a few days ago after waiting for a very long time to see if the owner would come back.

You should hold the contest over.  If I knew the coin was still alive I would have kept my sig.

oh but according to him no one is next in line, only him which is shit because I had 63 posts at the time of the contest several in this thread and 365, blackcoin, octocoin, amongst others. It doesn;t matter he has already decided he is going to get something from gpuc one way or the other even if it furthur damages the coin. that's the nail in the coffin for me i'm done with this waste of time coin and bullshit rigged contest where the only eligible winner is bob barker.

actually i'm next in line with the most amount of posts.
the 270 went to pastet, then the rest of use got the 240s

but in gpu's post he said he held onto two 270s for the contest.. so, not sure if being the second in line, if i should actually get a 270. if so, that makes me very happy.

here is the post from the contest
RESULTS

As per OP, conditions for full qualifying are:
1. Posting in this thread.
2. At least 30 post after that
3. 3 of these 30 posts to be in the GPUC thread
4. Posts to be spread in at least 5 forum sections

5. Be at least Junior membet
6. Keep the signature from the first post in this thread until the end of the contest, 20:00 CET 30.04.2014

Qualifying:

1. pastet89
Total posts after first post in this thread: 196
At least 3 of them in the GPUC thread: yes
Posts spread in at least 5 forum sections: yes
Prize: R9 270

2. jollyriffic
Total posts after first post in this thread: 158
Prize: R7 240

3. c275
Total posts after first post in this thread: 62

4. magalhanze
Total posts after first post in this thread: 35

Not qualifying:

httpb
Total posts after first post in this thread: 36
Posts spread in at least 5 forum sections: no

MiningSensei
Total posts after first post in this thread: 58
At least 3 of them in the GPUC thread: no

tylerderden
Total posts after first post in this thread: 65

degel_x
Total posts after first post in this thread: 53

Less than 30 posts:
fujikura - 1
WhiteyZ - 2
yaboymarvo - 0
bitcoinsguru - 5
kcheel - 28
Relnarien - 15
CryptoWorld - 3
magalhanze - 21

Other reasons for not qualifying:

illiki23 - not kept the siganture until the deadline
goodluck0319 - not kept the siganture until the deadline
minergr - not kept the siganture until the deadline
gogodr - not kept the siganture until the deadline
zmhaha - not kept the siganture until the deadline
scorpio18 - not kept the siganture until the deadline
phaddie - not kept the siganture until the deadline
amdfxman1701 - not kept the siganture until the deadline
Palaxidon - not kept the siganture until the deadline
pr0d1gy - not kept the siganture until the deadline
Wolf0 - not kept the siganture until the deadline
gofoter - not kept the siganture until the deadline
CrypCoin - not qualifying as being a NewBee
silverfern - not qualifying as being a NewBee
cafdog - not qualifying as being a NewBee

UVC: Uc4hCM76fL8iQWgDJE34QA6hrnp2rGTq43    
EMC2: EKwkYKT6LE79ywhKhQtgqkbzcDhzRoB5kP   LTC: LZ7ffsTS93pR5cSZ9KMQMVunkEHRtPrZn9   
jollyriffic

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 02:50:33 PM

Hello Everyone,
I would like the communities input on what to do with the websites.  Unfortunately I setup the api/escrow system on a dedicated server which I decided to cancel due to the high monthly expense.  The rest of the sites I can keep running as long as needed.  I set the inventory on all items in the store to zero so we have some time as things are currently.  The only thing I don't control is the domain gpucoin.net.  I assume if the community wants Jaymes would transfer it to us.

why were there so many sites? as a fellow site builder, the general idea of a site is to have everything under one roof so you can keep things simple for users. seems like a waste of money keeping up with that many domain names also.
i personally would like to see everything under www.gpucoin.net one site, one design. my guess was to get a seo bump, but that's not all that effective when trying to develop something to use, its more of a practice of selling those get rich ebooks nobody is dumb enough to buy.

EMC2: EKwkYKT6LE79ywhKhQtgqkbzcDhzRoB5kP   LTC: LZ7ffsTS93pR5cSZ9KMQMVunkEHRtPrZn9   
waltsmith

Activity: 196

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 03:34:47 PM

Gee, I'm just not really sure what to make of the discussion that this thread has degenerated to now.

waltsmith

Buy cheap GPUs with GPU Coin
Win a video card! - Drawing/Contest
illiki23

Hail Eris!

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 03:46:17 PM

Right now one of the main problems is as moderator of the contest, pastet98 was the one adding up people' post counts and keeping track of things.  This puts him in a position where he has insider access to information related to the contest.  I understand that I changed my sig (because i thought GPUCoin was abandoned by the owner, which is completely reasonable) so I am not qualified.  But to put yourself in as a contestant into contest that you moderate and control is a serious conflict of interest.  It is basically common sense that this is unnacceptable.  If I had known from the beginning I would have protested but I don't recall seeing the moderator of the contest declare himself a contestant.

For example if the moderator of a contest is keeping track of the number of posts, and knows only four people are eligible, he can easily just start posting a bunch in the last few days.  It allows for cheating.

▄▄██████▄
         ▄▄████████████
   ▄▄█████████▀▀   ▀████
 ▄███████████▄      ████
████▀   ▀▀██████▄▄▄████
████      ▄███████████▄
▀████▄▄▄████████▀▀▀████▄
 ▀███████████▀      ████
 ████▀▀▀██████▄▄   ▄███▀
████      ▀███████████▀
████▄   ▄▄█████████▀▀
 ████████████▀▀
  ▀██████▀▀
█████████████████

███

██████████

██████

███████████

███████████████

███████████████████
█████████████████

███    

██████████

██████    

███████████

███████████████    

███████████████████

d4wn0ff473

Activity: 146

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 03:53:14 PM

Gee, I'm just not really sure what to make of the discussion that this thread has degenerated to now.

waltsmith

It's simple, coin "IPO" means scam. And the person who ran the business was incompetent.

Also please stop signing your user name at the end of your posts. We all can read your username just fine, it has been driving me nuts for months. It's inane to sign your username on every post as if your username is not present some where else in the forum.
pastet89

Activity: 378
Merit: 265

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2014, 05:19:04 PM

Right now one of the main problems is as moderator of the contest, pastet98 was the one adding up people' post counts and keeping track of things.  This puts him in a position where he has insider access to information related to the contest.  I understand that I changed my sig (because i thought GPUCoin was abandoned by the owner, which is completely reasonable) so I am not qualified.  But to put yourself in as a contestant into contest that you moderate and control is a serious conflict of interest.  It is basically common sense that this is unnacceptable.  If I had known from the beginning I would have protested but I don't recall seeing the moderator of the contest declare himself a contestant.

For example if the moderator of a contest is keeping track of the number of posts, and knows only four people are eligible, he can easily just start posting a bunch in the last few days.  It allows for cheating.

Insider information... You are not stopping to amaze me really. The "insider information" can be seen by anyone who check the profiles on the contestents on Bitcointalk and track their posts between the first one and the end of the contest. You see me not as a declaring contestant... Then look better. As OP states that in order to register to the contest only one requirement is post in the contest thread which I have obviusly done.
Still can not understant what allows for cheating and what "insider" information I have. But anyway. I am not going more to discuss this with you as I can not stand anymore your wining style you have shown in sround ten pages of this thread as I do not have neither the time and the nerves to loose with silly conversations with you. Seems you neither succeed to understand that Jaymes is not owing you anything after he gave you your IPO coins, I doubt you will understand the contest problem as well.

Your post was in less than 5 sections.
Section is not same as thread.

P.S. Thanks to BaiMangal for his nice vouch: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=550206.msg6492508#msg6492508

After all this I consider this topic closed as everything is much more than clear.
I also am sure that this contest is the last problem of GPUcoin now and all discussions and efforts muct be put in the right direction regarding this, if there are any volunteers to revive the coin.

Cryptostats.es
pastet89

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2014, 05:22:25 PM
Last edit: May 01, 2014, 05:59:43 PM by pastet89

actually i'm next in line with the most amount of posts.
the 270 went to pastet, then the rest of use got the 240s

but in gpu's post he said he held onto two 270s for the contest.. so, not sure if being the second in line, if i should actually get a 270. if so, that makes me very happy.

here is the post from the contest
RESULTS

As per OP, conditions for full qualifying are:
1. Posting in this thread.
2. At least 30 post after that
3. 3 of these 30 posts to be in the GPUC thread
4. Posts to be spread in at least 5 forum sections

5. Be at least Junior membet
6. Keep the signature from the first post in this thread until the end of the contest, 20:00 CET 30.04.2014

Qualifying:

1. pastet89
Total posts after first post in this thread: 196
Prize: R9 270

2. jollyriffic
Total posts after first post in this thread: 158

3. c275
Total posts after first post in this thread: 62

4. magalhanze
Total posts after first post in this thread: 35

Not qualifying:

httpb
Total posts after first post in this thread: 36

MiningSensei
Total posts after first post in this thread: 58

tylerderden
Total posts after first post in this thread: 65

degel_x
Total posts after first post in this thread: 53

Less than 30 posts:
fujikura - 1
WhiteyZ - 2
yaboymarvo - 0
bitcoinsguru - 5
kcheel - 28
Relnarien - 15
CryptoWorld - 3
magalhanze - 21

Other reasons for not qualifying:

illiki23 - not kept the siganture until the deadline
goodluck0319 - not kept the siganture until the deadline
minergr - not kept the siganture until the deadline
gogodr - not kept the siganture until the deadline
zmhaha - not kept the siganture until the deadline
scorpio18 - not kept the siganture until the deadline
phaddie - not kept the siganture until the deadline
amdfxman1701 - not kept the siganture until the deadline
Palaxidon - not kept the siganture until the deadline
pr0d1gy - not kept the siganture until the deadline
Wolf0 - not kept the siganture until the deadline
gofoter - not kept the siganture until the deadline
CrypCoin - not qualifying as being a NewBee
silverfern - not qualifying as being a NewBee
cafdog - not qualifying as being a NewBee

I am verry sorry for this!
I just realized I made and error and there were 2x r9 270 and 3 x r7 240 allocated.
So as obviusly there are onl 4 qualifying guys, one r7 240 will not be allocated to anyone, and yes, you are correct, you should get r9 270 as me.
I emailed Jaymes about this but I doubt I will get any reply from him so just let's hope he has still not sent anything and you get the right.
If you get the r7 240 tough, please PM me and if I recieve my r9 270 I am ready to provide it to you, either it or the money from it after I sell it. That would be fair compensation as this is my fault.

Cryptostats.es
hendr1x

Activity: 77
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 05:59:07 PM

why were there so many sites?

When I started I didn't have any control over / plans for gpucoin.net so that is basically a standalone site.
gpucoinstore.com/gpucoinmarket.com are the same site
gpucoinescrow.com : I wanted to be a standalone site (anyone can use it) but its build on the backend of gpucoinstore
gpucoinapi.com : This was setup on a standalone server for security reasons.

Nothing to do with seo...I think splitting traffic among multiple domains is actually worse for rankings.
waltsmith

Activity: 196

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 06:18:29 PM

waltsmith

It's simple, coin "IPO" means scam. And the person who ran the business was incompetent.

Also please stop signing your user name at the end of your posts. We all can read your username just fine, it has been driving me nuts for months. It's inane to sign your username on every post as if your username is not present some where else in the forum.

Let's break this down, you know, just for fun.

"It's simple, coin "IPO" means scam." Opinion. And, like assholes, everybody has one, some two or more.
"And the person who ran the business was incompetent. " Refer to the previous line.

"Also please stop signing your user name at the end of your posts. We all can read your username just fine, it has been driving me nuts for months. It's inane to sign your username on every post as if your username is not present some where else in the forum." Observation with unique information. Thank you, that's what this forum is truly for. You know, I've actually been wondering if I should continue signing my posts. Now, I have feedback to make an informed choice!

waltsmith

Buy cheap GPUs with GPU Coin
Win a video card! - Drawing/Contest
degel_x

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 07:49:28 PM

Fuck!!!
(To my self)
Funny Fact:"This one would be my 3° GPUC message for the Video Card Contest

..C..
........What is C?.........
...........ICO            Dec 1st – Dec 30th............
       ............Open            Dec 1st- Dec 30th............
...................ANN thread      Bounty....................

illiki23

Hail Eris!

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 07:57:49 PM

Insider information... You are not stopping to amaze me really. The "insider information" can be seen by anyone who check the profiles on the contestents on Bitcointalk and track their posts between the first one and the end of the contest. You see me not as a declaring contestant... Then look better. As OP states that in order to register to the contest only one requirement is post in the contest thread which I have obviusly done.
Still can not understant what allows for cheating and what "insider" information I have. But anyway. I am not going more to discuss this with you as I can not stand anymore your wining style you have shown in sround ten pages of this thread as I do not have neither the time and the nerves to loose with silly conversations with you. Seems you neither succeed to understand that Jaymes is not owing you anything after he gave you your IPO coins, I doubt you will understand the contest problem as well.

Your post was in less than 5 sections.
Section is not same as thread.

P.S. Thanks to BaiMangal for his nice vouch: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=550206.msg6492508#msg6492508

After all this I consider this topic closed as everything is much more than clear.
I also am sure that this contest is the last problem of GPUcoin now and all discussions and efforts muct be put in the right direction regarding this, if there are any volunteers to revive the coin.

You are causing controversy and bad press for doings something so low as entering yourself in a contest that you are moderator, and then declaring yourself the winner.  I don't care if technically you are the winner, you never should have been allowed in the contest.
You cannot just enter yourself in a contest that you are running.  What did you think would happen when people see you declaring yourself the winner?

Stop being so greedy.  I have nothing vested in this contest because I removed my sig after estimating the likelihood of the contest actually paying out to be extremely low.  I will not gain or lose from you being winner or someone else being a winner.  I just think it is very unfair and never should have been allowed.

▄▄██████▄
         ▄▄████████████
   ▄▄█████████▀▀   ▀████
 ▄███████████▄      ████
████▀   ▀▀██████▄▄▄████
████      ▄███████████▄
▀████▄▄▄████████▀▀▀████▄
 ▀███████████▀      ████
 ████▀▀▀██████▄▄   ▄███▀
████      ▀███████████▀
████▄   ▄▄█████████▀▀
 ████████████▀▀
  ▀██████▀▀
█████████████████

███

██████████

██████

███████████

███████████████

███████████████████
█████████████████

███    

██████████

██████    

███████████

███████████████    

███████████████████

DougB62

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

Banned: For Your Protection

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 08:34:53 PM

waltsmith

"It's simple, coin "IPO" means scam." Opinion. And, like assholes, everybody has one, some two or more.
"And the person who ran the business was incompetent. " Refer to the previous line.

"Also please stop signing your user name at the end of your posts. We all can read your username just fine, it has been driving me nuts for months. It's inane to sign your username on every post as if your username is not present some where else in the forum." Observation with unique information. Thank you, that's what this forum is truly for. You know, I've actually been wondering if I should continue signing my posts. Now, I have feedback to make an informed choice!

waltsmith

I vote: Keep the Sig. For various reasons. One of which, you may be able to surmise from the reaction to it...
pastet89

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2014, 08:43:41 PM

So are there any ideas here for how to revive the coin or we should declare it dead?

If anything can be done I believe someone must buy all the coins from Jaymes he currently has, as well as possibly access to all the websites/services related to the coin and start a the business from a clear begining.

Or at least voting for turning the coin into POS. I do not understand that much the tech side but I think POS is fork-resistant. And with this low difficulty if it stays POW it might get multiforked very soon as vesperwillow warned.

Cryptostats.es
d4wn0ff473

Activity: 146

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 09:21:38 PM

waltsmith

waltsmith

Not opinion, truth. He lied to everyone about wholesale prices, and jumped ship with "IPO" funds. You can think whatever you want but you also need to stop being an apologist for this bullshit just because you are the "PR rep" for monopoly money.
jollyriffic

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 12:00:00 AM

generally when i see "IPO" i say to myself, no go.
but in the right hands and for the right reasons i say it can be helpful.

take the model of this coin. the ipo was to help get the business off the ground.
I liked that idea since it was sort of like a kickstarter for something tangible.

outside of that model, you do need the right path to get to succeed.
will it always work out even when making the best calls on what to do, no, but an IPO based on a model like this is about the one thing worth investing in.
I'm an IPO holder for gpuc, still have the majority of my coins. only sold 20 so far and that was when https://www.europex.eu/#!coin/btc/gpuc opened and i got 0.00000290 per coin Tongue

These other coins out there that have IPO just as a "you'll get this many coins". no, i'd rather throw that money into hash power from nicehash.com at least then i'm helping the network and providing miners with some jobs.

these are just my thoughts on IPO. i dont remember BC or LC asking for IPO when they dropped, so why should someone without a valid reason ask for it.

Pages: « 1 ... 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 [425] 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 »
  Print  

Jump to: