R9 270 4~6 - 47 (2.8%)
R9 270 6+ - 93 (5.6%)
R9 280X 1~3 - 254 (15.3%)
R9 280X 4~6 - 255 (15.4%)
R9 280X 6+ - 268 (16.2%)
R9 290 1~3 - 150 (9.1%)
R9 290 3~6 - 91 (5.5%)
R9 290 6+ - 298 (18%)
OTHER (please specify in the thread) - 75 (4.5%)
NONE (Mining only) - 35 (2.1%)
Total Voters: 1656

Pages: « 1 ... 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 [405] 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [GPUC] GPU Coin | Mandatory Wallet Update  (Read 421193 times)
jollyriffic

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 01:01:08 PM

Has ANYONE heard from Jaymes?  Whats concerning is that the developer doesnt hear from him anymore..... Definitely a bad sign..... Well at least we still have his registered address, I might need to round up a friend or two and take the 4 hour drive down there, and have a face to face with him.. Let me check my weekend schedule. Hes still on the hook for this.

on the hook for what? stores up, items are in stock (excluding the r9 270) and shipments are going out.

UVC: Uc4hCM76fL8iQWgDJE34QA6hrnp2rGTq43    
EMC2: EKwkYKT6LE79ywhKhQtgqkbzcDhzRoB5kP   LTC: LZ7ffsTS93pR5cSZ9KMQMVunkEHRtPrZn9   

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
vesperwillow

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 02:05:12 PM

Yeah I don't get that either, you're going to show up to his door because the business is slowly dying ?

nauticatom

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 02:53:31 PM

Yeah I don't get that either, you're going to show up to his door because the business is slowly dying ?

To get some answers thats all, if dude is out, and not going to bother, let us know so we can go about our business and put the coin into the graveyard.

We are assuming now since Micryon hasnt heard back from him, waltsmith has gone off the reservation, etc.al that hes done.. For all of us with loot stuck in this coin we need to know.
jollyriffic

Activity: 126

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 03:30:25 PM

To get some answers thats all, if dude is out, and not going to bother, let us know so we can go about our business and put the coin into the graveyard.

We are assuming now since Micryon hasnt heard back from him, waltsmith has gone off the reservation, etc.al that hes done.. For all of us with loot stuck in this coin we need to know.

The coin and business are up and running, other than that i see nothing in the works either on this thread or the official forums.
if anything as far as advertisement happens, thats going to have to be done by the community.
sort of like how the reddit community for doge takes things into their own hands.

do to health related problems, i dont have a job, seen this as a great opportunity to help me build a tiny mining farm. put my last $200 into this coin because of how excited i was for something like this to come out. so i feel your pain on wanting to know what, if anything, will be done to help the coin out. but at this point i'm done mining and buying the coin.
hopefully the halving bumps the price, if not i'll just sell at w/e the asking price is and count it as a lesson learned. with all my money invested into it, i cant even afford two of the $27 video cards as the shipping puts me over the amount of coins i have. pretty sad but thats the gamble you take with a new coin.

UVC: Uc4hCM76fL8iQWgDJE34QA6hrnp2rGTq43    
EMC2: EKwkYKT6LE79ywhKhQtgqkbzcDhzRoB5kP   LTC: LZ7ffsTS93pR5cSZ9KMQMVunkEHRtPrZn9   
GPU Coin (OP)

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 03:36:54 PM

Update:
This last week has had my attention drawn quite away from this coin, as some important real world issues have come into light.  My sister, who has two kids under the age of 1, just had her 2005 4Runner shot up with an automatic weapon in front of her house.  There have also been three murders this last week, so I now have 2 jobs and have moved her out of Lake Edwards, VA Beach.  This whole time I have still been sending out out cards and running the business side accordingly so that miners can get the items they purchased in a timely manor.  Here are answers to questions people have posted recently:

Fiat into GPUC:
There has already been a page written up about hot to purchase GPUC with USD and bank accounts have been started at BB&T and Bank of America with the intentions of allowing people to directly deposit fiat and receive GPUC.  I am also looking into Western Union payments.  There are only a couple small logistics issues to deal with before it can go live.

Coin Update:
Micryon did not changing any specs of the coin, just the first block halving time and security updates.

Dumping:
I have yet to sell a single GPUC on the market due to the fact that I care very much about this coin and wish to see it succeed.  The GPUs at the store front are all being sold for a loss, which is made up with the initial pre-mine, so the community gets great prices on the cards they want.  All of the current cards are being bought with the IPO money and some of my own.

Mintpal:
I do very much hope we get on Mintpal as it is a trusted exchange.  GPUC was trading at $10k a day before CryptoRush crashed, so it's obvious that this coin has potential, we just need a way to freely trade.  My mining rig (a measly 5Mh) is currently dumping all it's profit into the Mintpal vote and I used the last of the BTC left over from paying team members and buying cards.

Again, the business side is operational and the marketing is moving forward.  If anyone else wants to join the marketing team feel free to PM me and we'll work something out.

kcheel

Activity: 188
Merit: 104

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 03:59:55 PM

Thx for the update.  I actually started mining it again today (found 2 of the last 8 blocks) due to the upcoming block halving and the drop in difficulty.  Hope to get a couple of 280x's soon at least.
kcheel

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 04:02:26 PM

Also, I am still voting multiple times a day on Mintpal.  And you need to get some other items on the store to draw buy interest in the coins.  A lot of people are not buying GPU's now (miners at least).
vesperwillow

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 04:04:59 PM

You realize you'd make more money mining another coin for profit, than it would cost in gas to do that? If you're that concerned, I suggest moving to a profitable coin.

Update:
This last week has had my attention drawn quite away from this coin, as some important real world issues have come into light.

It's been suggested many times that you hire someone or several folks to handle the bulk, and let you simply oversee. Your lack of web attention--regardless of the altruistic reasons--has severely damaged the coin's critical launch evaluation, which is typically the first 30 days.

Mintpal:
My mining rig (a measly 5Mh) is currently dumping all it's profit into the Mintpal vote and I used the last of the BTC left over

No worthwhile coin should have to buy votes to get on an exchange. Have you talked to Vern at Cryptsy?

Exchange aside, the frontend needs sales and flow.

waltsmith

Activity: 196

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 06:25:31 PM

Wow, yeah. I watch a movie with the kids and then go to bed and I'm 'Off the Reservation' lol

waltsmith

Buy cheap GPUs with GPU Coin
Win a video card! - Drawing/Contest
kcheel

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 06:29:31 PM

Wow, yeah. I watch a movie with the kids and then go to bed and I'm 'Off the Reservation' lol

waltsmith

Get back on the reservation Walt!!!! Wink
jimlite
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1018

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2014, 06:34:01 PM

Jaymes, I am sorry to hear about your family issues, but thank god no one got hurt.
We have been tough on you here on the forums, but only because we want to hear
more from you and what is going on. We all have invested a lot of money, time, and
electricity in GPU coin because we believe in it.  I personally have invested in the IPO,
but more importantly $400 of electricity just mining GPU coin.  I do think the store
should have a wider variety of gpus and other hardware, as well as extra attention
to get the marketing/p.r./advertising going strong.  Mintpal would be great, and then
someone mentioned talking to Vern at Cryptsy.  I think you can get a hold of him
at Cryptsy or BigVern on twitter I believe.  However, Cryptsty should be the 3rd priority
after getting on Mintpal and having effective advertising constantly going.

Binance, hottest/largest alt exchange, 2BTC daily no verification. https://www.binance.com/?ref=13309371
NEED TO RENT A RIG? All algos at http://www.miningrigrentals.com/register?ref=627

✵ Super FAST block times      ✵ Block Explorer right in the wallet!     ✵ Stealth Addresses     ✵ PoW/PoS hybrid  
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
Ancient Money
for a New World
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
Join the conversation!
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

▄████▄▄    ▄
██             ████████████▀
████▄         █████████████▀
▀████████▄▄   █████████████
▄▄█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
  ▀██████████████████████
   █████████████████████
    ▀█████████████████▀
      ▄█████████████▀
▄▄███████████████▀
   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

TWITTER

illiki23

Activity: 602
Merit: 295

Hail Eris!

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 06:40:34 PM

Fiat into GPUC:
There has already been a page written up about hot to purchase GPUC with USD

Huh

Have fun finding a link to this page on your site.

Are you disconnected from reality?  

▄▄██████▄
         ▄▄████████████
   ▄▄█████████▀▀   ▀████
 ▄███████████▄      ████
████▀   ▀▀██████▄▄▄████
████      ▄███████████▄
▀████▄▄▄████████▀▀▀████▄
 ▀███████████▀      ████
 ████▀▀▀██████▄▄   ▄███▀
████      ▀███████████▀
████▄   ▄▄█████████▀▀
 ████████████▀▀
  ▀██████▀▀
█████████████████

███

██████████

██████

███████████

███████████████

███████████████████
█████████████████

███    

██████████

██████    

███████████

███████████████    

███████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████

████▀               █████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
█████▄▄       ▄████████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████

███████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ███████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
███████▀           ▀███████
██████  ▄██▀▀▀▀▀█▀▄  ██████

█████  █▀  ▄▄▄  ▀█  █████
██████  █  █████  █  ██████
██████  █▄  ▀▀▀  ▄█  ██████
██████  ▀██▄▄▄▄▄██▀  ██████
███████▄           ▄███████
██████████▀█████▀██████████
███████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀███████

█████▌             ▐█████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
██████▄  ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄  ▄██████
████████▄▄███████▄▄████████

na]][/font][/font][/size][/font][/td][td][/td][/tr][/table][/tr
vesperwillow

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 06:41:21 PM

Advertising.. getting the business flow going. That should be the only priority until the value of the coin starts going up. More exchanges will just open up more doors to people to dump the coin.

I'm not sure if you do this already, but it may even be beneficial to show a public account of how many cards were sold, when, how much (in USD, maybe even show overall savings) and what they were. This way people hit the site and right away see "wow, BobLover9000 saved 19% by using GPUC to buy his MaxCard5000".

Immediate value up front.

kcheel

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 08:31:07 PM

Fiat into GPUC:
There has already been a page written up about hot to purchase GPUC with USD

Huh

Have fun finding a link to this page on your site.

Are you disconnected from reality?  

You may want to read his post again.  He said it was being worked on, didn't say it was on there already. 
tylerderden
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1025

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 08:52:47 PM

wow Jaymes sorry to hear about the gunfire and whatnot, that's crazy man. Everybody is safe so all is good right?
I got my r7 240 today and the free one from the promo sale, thank you very much. my kids can now expand their mining empire  Wink
micryon

Activity: 154

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2014, 09:35:43 PM

Sorry to hear about the trouble Jaymes. 

We are unfortunately suffering from a double whammy here in crypto economics.. bitcoin prices driving down profits, and GPUs under attack from ASICs.. It will be awhile till this market sorts itself out (if it can), and start moving up again..

Cryptos is a risky game, to be sure.. (but then again so is the stock market apparently.. )

I still love the technology.. so i'll still be around plugging away at it. Smiley

VTC: Vi5NxyF6FPCCEQDrsDcA34P8pXe1Yck21y
PDR: PP3EQsV3oX9bBkjpsnESguMHz3tfMqHXhy PlanetDollar
jimlite
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1018

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2014, 09:41:55 PM

Sorry to hear about the trouble Jaymes. 

We are unfortunately suffering from a double whammy here in crypto economics.. bitcoin prices driving down profits, and GPUs under attack from ASICs.. It will be awhile till this market sorts itself out (if it can), and start moving up again..

Cryptos is a risky game, to be sure.. (but then again so is the stock market apparently.. )

I still love the technology.. so i'll still be around plugging away at it. Smiley
I have a lot of experience in the stock market, and yes crypto is just like it.
I have learned to love when the stock market crashes, it is buying stocks on sale.
I have learned to love when bitcoin crashes, I can buy bitcoin on sale.
Then patiently wait, and pray things go back up to normal, and they usually do,
though it could take weeks, months, or years.

Binance, hottest/largest alt exchange, 2BTC daily no verification. https://www.binance.com/?ref=13309371
NEED TO RENT A RIG? All algos at http://www.miningrigrentals.com/register?ref=627

✵ Super FAST block times      ✵ Block Explorer right in the wallet!     ✵ Stealth Addresses     ✵ PoW/PoS hybrid  
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
Ancient Money