R9 270 4~6 - 47 (2.8%)
R9 270 6+ - 93 (5.6%)
R9 280X 1~3 - 254 (15.3%)
R9 280X 4~6 - 255 (15.4%)
R9 280X 6+ - 268 (16.2%)
R9 290 1~3 - 150 (9.1%)
R9 290 3~6 - 91 (5.5%)
R9 290 6+ - 298 (18%)
OTHER (please specify in the thread) - 75 (4.5%)
NONE (Mining only) - 35 (2.1%)
Total Voters: 1656

Pages: « 1 ... 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 [428] 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [GPUC] GPU Coin | Mandatory Wallet Update  (Read 421195 times)
DougB62

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

Banned: For Your Protection

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 10:04:44 PM

This is only posted as an aside, but yesterday afternoon, I decided to dump my GPUC at 1 sat. I sent my wallet's worth to an exchange... 2 hours later it still had no confirms. I finally deleted the wallet.dat, and restored an earlier backup, to get the coins back in my wallet.

I must assume that the exchange I sent the coins to was on a different fork, but I'm one of those people who believe that everything happens for a reason.

I'm going to hodl these now, and see what happens. (Silly?)  Wink
dbzenhosting

Activity: 301
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 10:06:42 PM

Whats this coin doing its worthless 1sat... had such potential. I guess no support. O well.
kahir
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 10:23:23 PM

Whats this coin doing its worthless 1sat... had such potential. I guess no support. O well.

lol its even scary to put a buy order at 1sat .....
zuluweralfa

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 10:31:56 PM

I'm still holding mine from the IPO  Embarrassed

I would be happy to support any way to revive this coin.
Jonesd
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1014

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 05:47:11 AM

Cryptocoin Revival Foundation's effort to revive GPUcoin

GPUcoin has been elected by CRF as Focus Coin

Read about this in the original topic and tell us what you think!

Co-Founder and Managing Partner of Block Bastards
pastet89

Activity: 378
Merit: 265

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2014, 08:05:00 AM

Lol I would like to see Jaymes reaction once he reads this.  Cheesy Its like stealing the coin behind his back. I am not saying we should not but I am sure he will be quite surprised.

Cryptostats.es
Jonesd
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1014

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 08:16:49 AM

Lol I would like to see Jaymes reaction once he reads this.  Cheesy Its like stealing the coin behind his back. I am not saying we should not but I am sure he will be quite surprised.

If the dev is against it, we will not do so. Another option is to see if we can help him out with some things. A lot of people voted to elect the coin, so there is obviously something that needs to be done.

Co-Founder and Managing Partner of Block Bastards
pastet89

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2014, 08:54:22 AM

Lol I would like to see Jaymes reaction once he reads this.  Cheesy Its like stealing the coin behind his back. I am not saying we should not but I am sure he will be quite surprised.

If the dev is against it, we will not do so. Another option is to see if we can help him out with some things. A lot of people voted to elect the coin, so there is obviously something that needs to be done.

Well, the funny thing here is that the dev will jut not tell anything. He does not talk as usual. Maybe he will come back at the forum a month later ago as he does it accidently to throw some information without even reading what is happening in the community as he is interested only in himself. Then if he mention that the coin is not existing anymore as such he would be realy surprised. And as for asking I will say again, if you accept the lack of official refusement and communication for a green light to proceed - go ahead.  Wink

Cryptostats.es
DougB62

Activity: 672

Banned: For Your Protection

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 09:22:34 AM

Lol I would like to see Jaymes reaction once he reads this.  Cheesy Its like stealing the coin behind his back. I am not saying we should not but I am sure he will be quite surprised.

Well, the funny thing here is that the dev will jut not tell anything. He does not talk as usual. Maybe he will come back at the forum a month later ago as he does it accidently to throw some information without even reading what is happening in the community as he is interested only in himself. Then if he mention that the coin is not existing anymore as such he would be realy surprised. And as for asking I will say again, if you accept the lack of official refusement and communication for a green light to proceed - go ahead.  Wink

Well something must be done, that's for sure. I say go for it.
cnerd

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 09:51:57 AM

So, basically, you have no idea?

What the foundation wants to do for GPUcoin:
1. Create new bitcointalk where the foundation is the Dev.
2. Create new github source that can be updated to be ad up-to-date as possible
3. Release new wallets.
4. Elect a new representative of the coin to run the communications.

The coin does not really need any of this, although other coins might actually do.

The problems with this coin are
1) that the front end died
2) nobody had an idea how to make a successful cashflow

Basically the economy behind the currency failed. You can not fix an economy with software updates, man. Updating wallets and bitcointalk threads wont result in a flow of GPUs to buy with GPUcoins. If you are not going to revive the store (by either investing your own money, IPO or liquid magic) you might aswell just leave this coin to die and focus your efforts somewhere where you can make a difference.

I am not saying that what you are doing is negative in any way, I am just saying that selecting GPUc for a Revival was a bad choice.

Whats with the "we" again? I think that you have done enough for this coin.
micryon

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2014, 10:02:01 AM

3. Release new wallets.

Well as the coin dev.. I'm still around, and have been updating the code with all necessary patches, security or otherwise.. Of course if you guys have some new contributions would always love to have it...

Basically the economy behind the currency failed. You can not fix an economy with software updates, man. Updating wallets and bitcointalk threads wont result in a flow of GPUs to buy with GPUcoins. If you are not going to revive the store (by either investing your own money, IPO or liquid magic) you might aswell just leave this coin to die and focus your efforts somewhere where you can make a difference.

GPUCoin is in a weird situation, not like other coins.. precisely why it interested many of us.. for these other coins, it's 100% about promotion, and generally some statement about using the coin for something or other...

GPUC was something that actually had a business model associated with it.  It's too bad that part of it failed.

I wouldn't count the front-end out though.. hendr1x still around i think..

The bigger problem is that there's no strategy or new business plan.. there's no angle right now for this coin.

So agree I'm not sure how the revive guys can do much with it...

VTC: Vi5NxyF6FPCCEQDrsDcA34P8pXe1Yck21y
PDR: PP3EQsV3oX9bBkjpsnESguMHz3tfMqHXhy PlanetDollar
cnerd

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 10:20:25 AM

GPUC was something that actually had a business model associated with it.  It's too bad that part of it failed.
Too bad only one person knew about the exact business model and that person did not do his homework just about right.
There is no problem with the coin itself, the problem is with the ideology behind it.

If somebody wants to revive this coin, I suggest that they start selling extenders and power cables trough the store... like a whole lot of it. People will be happy that they can actually get something for their millions of coins and you will be happy, because the coin wont die just yet.
This way you will be able to clear up the millions in reserve, held by the community and eventually, after a long long time, accumulate enough resources to start selling expensive things again.

Imo, jumping on R9 280x was one of the first mistakes in this coin.
If you open up a car shop, you dont start selling Feraris and Mazerratis right away, you start with the cheap crap and expand from there.
Now, if only those werent IPO money... perhaps then the creator of the coin wouldnt have been so quick to jump on the expensive stuff...
Once again, IPO fails in the long run

Cheers to micryon and hendr1x, I think that you two should start an initiative together. Whatever it is, it will be a lot more successful than this.
djm34
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1050

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2014, 10:20:47 AM

3. Release new wallets.

Well as the coin dev.. I'm still around, and have been updating the code with all necessary patches, security or otherwise.. Of course if you guys have some new contributions would always love to have it...

GPUCoin is in a weird situation, not like other coins.. precisely why it interested many of us.. for these other coins, it's 100% about promotion, and generally some statement about using the coin for something or other...

GPUC was something that actually had a business model associated with it.  It's too bad that part of it failed.

I wouldn't count the front-end out though.. hendr1x still around i think..

The bigger problem is that there's no strategy or new business plan.. there's no angle right now for this coin.

So agree I'm not sure how the revive guys can do much with it...
Don't forget to mention that the original owner of the coin must still have some 100's of millions (+ those he got from the GPU sells).
GPUC is just a big time bomb if it gets revived...
I mean you want to work against other scam coins... you should state that clearly before anyone else put some effort in it.

djm34 facebook page
BTC: 1NENYmxwZGHsKFmyjTc5WferTn5VTFb7Ze
Pledge for neoscrypt ccminer to that address: 16UoC4DmTz2pvhFvcfTQrzkPTrXkWijzXw
indijim

Activity: 471

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 11:07:08 AM

GPU Coin LLC now has no money and owes the bank $1500(should have never signed up for the business credit card).  I originally bought the R9 280X cards for $472 each from a distributor since they were the only people who had any stock of any graphics cards, most likely due to their over inflated prices.  The 270 and 240 were also bought at slightly above market value at the time.  Shipping charges (including materials) averaged $27 for each item sent due to many international orders.  I was selling at a loss thinking that the pre-mined GPUC and the inherent quality that most crypto coins are deflationary would make losses much smaller or negate them entirely.  Then all the gpu prices across the web came crashing down and BTC dropped down real low effectively snubbing the market.  The 8 way splitter I hired a company through e-lance to create cost me $4500 and it still has another 2 months of development before the milestone for delivery is completed.  There were also various lawyer fees and legal documents I had to pay for just to set up the business end.  The grand sum of the endeavour that I now have the 2 R9 270s and 20 R7 240 cards that I saved for the signature contest which I still need to front money to ship and now hundreds of millions of GPUC that there is no way of cashing to buy more stock.  My private mining rigs have been churning away at other coins and dumping BTC to the Mintpal vote in hopes that this business venture could be saved, but with a lack of funds and essentially no stock, there seems like nothing I can think of to bolster this coin.

If there is anyone in the community that can think of anything that may help this coin, please come forth and share.  I currently work two full time jobs to cover my sisters rent and my own so she doesn't have to worry about any more shootings, so my free time is limited, but PM me and I'll try my best to fix this situation.

Wow, that sucks. I was hoping this coin made it big.
indijim

Activity: 471

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 11:09:54 AM

GPU Coin LLC now has no money and owes the bank $1500(should have never signed up for the business credit card).  I originally bought the R9 280X cards for $472 each from a distributor since they were the only people who had any stock of any graphics cards, most likely due to their over inflated prices.  The 270 and 240 were also bought at slightly above market value at the time.  Shipping charges (including materials) averaged $27 for each item sent due to many international orders.  I was selling at a loss thinking that the pre-mined GPUC and the inherent quality that most crypto coins are deflationary would make losses much smaller or negate them entirely.  Then all the gpu prices across the web came crashing down and BTC dropped down real low effectively snubbing the market.  The 8 way splitter I hired a company through e-lance to create cost me $4500 and it still has another 2 months of development before the milestone for delivery is completed.  There were also various lawyer fees and legal documents I had to pay for just to set up the business end.  The grand sum of the endeavour that I now have the 2 R9 270s and 20 R7 240 cards that I saved for the signature contest which I still need to front money to ship and now hundreds of millions of GPUC that there is no way of cashing to buy more stock.  My private mining rigs have been churning away at other coins and dumping BTC to the Mintpal vote in hopes that this business venture could be saved, but with a lack of funds and essentially no stock, there seems like nothing I can think of to bolster this coin.

If there is anyone in the community that can think of anything that may help this coin, please come forth and share.  I currently work two full time jobs to cover my sisters rent and my own so she doesn't have to worry about any more shootings, so my free time is limited, but PM me and I'll try my best to fix this situation.

So is the owner now saying that he lied to us about being able to get wholesale GPUs?

I think he is just scamming.  Either way he is lying.

How much did he get during the IPO?
pastet89

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2014, 11:36:20 AM

+1.

The coin is alive as a coin. The problem is the business behind it. If the business can not be rebirth the coin will not revive. The only way is a new IPO, however I doubt people will trust again and invest.

Cryptostats.es
djm34
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1050

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2014, 11:37:36 AM

+1.

The coin is alive as a coin. The problem is the business behind it. If the business can not be rebirth the coin will not revive. The only way is a new IPO, however I doubt people will trust again and invest.

A new IPO would make it a ponzi scheme (since you need to inject new money to pay the previous IPOer). It would be a schoolbook ponzi scheme

djm34 facebook page
BTC: 1NENYmxwZGHsKFmyjTc5WferTn5VTFb7Ze
Pledge for neoscrypt ccminer to that address: 16UoC4DmTz2pvhFvcfTQrzkPTrXkWijzXw
pastet89

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2014, 11:39:49 AM
Last edit: May 06, 2014, 11:52:05 AM by pastet89

And I doubt this was a planned scam and Jaymes is a lier or scammer in the tight meaning of these words. As far as I came into contact with him my impression is that he is a really honest person, but is extremely incompetent in business, arrogant, not listening to advises, and which is worst, refusing to see and accept his own errors, take notes of them and appologize for them.

Cryptostats.es
pastet89

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2014, 11:51:41 AM

+1.

A new IPO would make it a ponzi scheme (since you need to inject new money to pay the previous IPOer). It would be a schoolbook ponzi scheme

Of course. And as I said I doubt the IPO will succeed.

IMO if there are people willing to revive the coin and idea nehind it, (I see nice tech support in the face of micryon and ambitious and serious people like vesperwillow and waltsmith), if they or anyone is willing not to give up the whole story I am sure they will fail if they try to revive this coin, better then need to start from the begining. Who has better chances to bring nice reputation: a brand new company or let's say MtGOX? Think about it. This coin failed form the begining as there were 4 failed launches and even before it went live more than 50% of the initially excited followers left the thread and were not interested at all even after the shop opened. Vesperwillow was an IPO investor, but he made a very wise decision by withdrawing his shares and stating that he said that he had lost faith in the CEOs abilities to run further the business and he was right and I am sorry I didn't made the same in the begining. And no, versperwillow is not trolling the thread as someone stated as he is very negative to Jaymes, however, in the same time he is 100% neutral, not biased and right in his statements as he was protecting Jaymes as regard to the statement that he is not a scammer and he may be sued for not dislosing business information to IPO holders, which is also true.

But anyway. As I said my opinion is that in order this coin/business/idea to survive all needs to start clear from the begining with new coin and new business. Apart from the ruined reputation I will repeat again that Jaymes is holding maybe 50% of the coins in circulation and leaving them in his hands and revining the coin without him is even not an option to consider therefore.

Also here is the moment to ask the question how is this idea still applicable in the reality and was the idea to blame for the failure as well apart from Jaymes and me. To be more strict, the time of the implementation of the idea. As lots of people stated and I share their opinion that if this coin and business were running just 6 months in the past they would have been running really hot. However, currently, the GPU demand is going lower and lower and the GPU mining is decreasing its volume. At least for now. Until ASICs for scrypt arrive and the X11 coins explode in difficulty, demand and price as LTC did last year as opposed to BTC. Maybe it is wise to consider all that points and judge out the final plan for what, when and if to sell - ASICs, risers, GPUs, etc...

Cryptostats.es
vesperwillow

Activity: 616

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 12:27:18 PM

Imo, jumping on R9 280x was one of the first mistakes in this coin.
If you open up a car shop, you dont start selling Feraris and Mazerratis right away, you start with the cheap crap and expand from there.
Now, if only those werent IPO money... perhaps then the creator of the coin wouldnt have been so quick to jump on the expensive stuff...

Jaymes held votes to determine what the customer base wanted to purchase from the store, and stocked the store accordingly. He didn't just arbitrarily chose cards which were too expensive.

Pages: « 1 ... 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 [428] 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 »
  Print  

Jump to: