R9 270 4~6 - 47 (2.8%)
R9 270 6+ - 93 (5.6%)
R9 280X 1~3 - 254 (15.3%)
R9 280X 4~6 - 255 (15.4%)
R9 280X 6+ - 268 (16.2%)
R9 290 1~3 - 150 (9.1%)
R9 290 3~6 - 91 (5.5%)
R9 290 6+ - 298 (18%)
OTHER (please specify in the thread) - 75 (4.5%)
NONE (Mining only) - 35 (2.1%)
Total Voters: 1656

Pages: « 1 ... 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 [413] 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [GPUC] GPU Coin | Mandatory Wallet Update  (Read 421193 times)
vesperwillow

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 10:46:40 PM

Maza incerased its price 40x in 3 days due to TV.

And then promptly died off in value. It's in the 100 satoshi range on average. There's no telling if it's a longterm item.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
micryon

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2014, 10:55:27 PM

Unfortunately I cannot update the OP, and don't have access to the webstore either.. We really need at least hendr1x to update the web store..

We could always create a new post and start a new thread... But the more important thing is this coin has to find a new angle.. i think selling GPUs with investor money, for GPUC is pretty much a dead business model at this point.  Investor funds have run out, and GPUCs cannot be unloaded to buy new GPUs...

Perhaps we have a chance to pivot this coin to be a secondary market place trade coin (like sell old GPUs using GPUC on the website)... but again we need hendr1x to drive this as he is the dev/owns the website.

I'm still around to update the coin as needed.. but that's not an angle at this point.

VTC: Vi5NxyF6FPCCEQDrsDcA34P8pXe1Yck21y
PDR: PP3EQsV3oX9bBkjpsnESguMHz3tfMqHXhy PlanetDollar
waltsmith

Activity: 196

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 12:19:23 AM

Unfortunately I cannot update the OP, and don't have access to the webstore either.. We really need at least hendr1x to update the web store..

We could always create a new post and start a new thread... But the more important thing is this coin has to find a new angle.. i think selling GPUs with investor money, for GPUC is pretty much a dead business model at this point.  Investor funds have run out, and GPUCs cannot be unloaded to buy new GPUs...

Perhaps we have a chance to pivot this coin to be a secondary market place trade coin (like sell old GPUs using GPUC on the website)... but again we need hendr1x to drive this as he is the dev/owns the website.

I'm still around to update the coin as needed.. but that's not an angle at this point.

+1 I haven't heard from the CEO either. I say we give him till friday afternoon to make an appearance or contact with someone, after that we will have to start a new thread to get the word out about the hardfork or we are dead in the water. Also, I've been trying to get a hold of bittrex all day but am having no luck letting them know about the wallet update.

waltsmith

Buy cheap GPUs with GPU Coin
Win a video card! - Drawing/Contest
bitwarrior
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 01:00:10 AM

Any good news for this coin? Price of GPU coin has not risen much for the past weeks. Been thinking about those IPO investors if they already made profit.
illiki23

Activity: 602
Merit: 295

Hail Eris!

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 01:12:31 AM

I have been the longest and biggest supporter, but I am declaring this coin dead and in the 1 satoshi graveyard unless we hear from the CEO Jaymes.  Correct me if I am wrong, but NO ONE can get a hold of him.  The first page needs to be updated by him with the new wallet links.  The store needs to be fixed with him and Hendr1x. The coin needs an ACTIVE dev team.  All I ask is for the CEO to post here what is going on with the coin, and what his plans are.  Until then I see Jaymes as AWOL from HIS business and the coin dead. I am very sorry to see this.

From reading the thread it sounds like this Jaymes guy is a complete loser.  I am sorry he tanked this business. (and likely took off with a significant amount of unsold equipment as well as coins)

land marks or should i say illiki23. i've reported you for continuous FUD on multiple coins.
i asked for both accounts to be banned and for your IP to also be banned.
have a nice day Smiley

I don't think you can ban someone who bought into the coin for complaining about mismanagement. (with regards to this thread)

I don't think you can ban someone who warns people that a coin might be a scam.  (other threads)

I am not using profanity.  I am not spamming the same message over and over.  I have the right to an opinion.  I have the right to express frustration.  Anyways, I have never been asked by the thread owner to leave. 

I am not worried about your empty threat.
have a nice day Smiley

▄▄██████▄
         ▄▄████████████
   ▄▄█████████▀▀   ▀████
 ▄███████████▄      ████
████▀   ▀▀██████▄▄▄████
████      ▄███████████▄
▀████▄▄▄████████▀▀▀████▄
 ▀███████████▀      ████
 ████▀▀▀██████▄▄   ▄███▀
████      ▀███████████▀
████▄   ▄▄█████████▀▀
 ████████████▀▀
  ▀██████▀▀
█████████████████

███

██████████

██████

███████████

███████████████

███████████████████
█████████████████

███    

██████████

██████    

███████████

███████████████    

███████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████

████▀               █████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
█████▄▄       ▄████████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████

███████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ███████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
███████▀           ▀███████
██████  ▄██▀▀▀▀▀█▀▄  ██████

█████  █▀  ▄▄▄  ▀█  █████
██████  █  █████  █  ██████
██████  █▄  ▀▀▀  ▄█  ██████
██████  ▀██▄▄▄▄▄██▀  ██████
███████▄           ▄███████
██████████▀█████▀██████████
███████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀███████

█████▌             ▐█████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
██████▄  ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄  ▄██████
████████▄▄███████▄▄████████

na]][/font][/font][/size][/font][/td][td][/td][/tr][/table][/tr
takiyon

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 01:16:10 AM

Kinda hoping that this guy did not skip town. I'm kinda glad i did not dedicate all of my mining resources on the coin seems like james lost interest.
kcheel

Activity: 188
Merit: 104

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 04:42:24 AM

Kinda hoping that this guy did not skip town. I'm kinda glad i did not dedicate all of my mining resources on the coin seems like james lost interest.

He hasn't skipped town.  As I mentioned earlier today, orders are still shipping.  Placed order on Friday for a 280x, received it today.  He really does need to hand over some control of the store/coin to someone with time to dedicate to it if he doesn't.  Still has a ton of potential but needs more active leadership/guidance.
micryon

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2014, 05:21:27 AM

+1 I haven't heard from the CEO either. I say we give him till friday afternoon to make an appearance or contact with someone, after that we will have to start a new thread to get the word out about the hardfork or we are dead in the water. Also, I've been trying to get a hold of bittrex all day but am having no luck letting them know about the wallet update.

That sounds like a plan.  Walt will you be starting the new thread?

The other major thing to do is to get in touch with hendr1x..

gpucoinstore.com: the site, and market place is worth something to coin holders.  Think of it as the silkroad.. except using GPUC and for secondary market for GPU mining equipment... that could be a good business. 

It would be wasteful for hendr1x to give up on it.. it's his work and potentially good site going forward..

niothor

Activity: 826
Merit: 501

in defi we trust

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 05:37:05 AM

Jaymes has the last but great chance to save all things and get the business running eve hotter if one can imagine. He just needs to invest rather in crazy active skyroketing marketing (TV is a must!), and then the price will skyrocket. What will happen then? He has got paid on very low prices for the cards with huge amounts of GPUC, which, if the price skyrocket he will be able to sell so high, that he will be able to get 3 or 4 times the amount of initial batch! On the otherside, if he continues to invest in cards he sells on loss on price of 1-2 satoshi and there is no campaign to get the price higher as well as demand I am really afraid for our future as well.

This is my strong suggestion and I sent it to him. I hope he agrees.

TV isn't really a strong winner in my book, nobody, not even bitcoin advertises on tv.
your target audience will be using google to search up info, other forums, and pools.
website advertisements would be the logical choice. including google adwords.

that combined with a solid trading platform like mintpal would do wonders.

Tv is good for people who have no clue about cryptos.
Google adwrods is for people that have heard of them but not ever researched
And when you go deeper , advertising on forums and pools is for poeple already in the game.

Depends if you want fresh blood or else.

▄          ▄▄▄▄    ▄
            ███      ▄██████▀  ▀█▀
            ███     ▄██▀
            ███     ███        ▄█▄   ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄██████▄      ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▄▄        ▄▄█████▄▄
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███     ███        ███   ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄
  ▄████████▄███  ▄█████████▄   ███   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀██▄   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀█▀   ▄██▀       ▀██▄
▄███▀    ▀█████   ▀▀███▀▀▀▀    ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███████████████
███   ▄▄   ▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███   ▀▀   ▄███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ▄    ███         ▄
▀███▄    ▄█████     ███        ███   ███         ███    ███▄▄   ▄▄████   ███         ███    ███▄▄    ▄███    ███▄▄   ▄▄███
  ▀████████▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███     ▀████████▀███   ███         ███     ▀█████████▀      ▀█████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀       ▀          ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀            ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄▀▀       ▀▀▄▄
  █               █ ▄
 █   █▀▄ ▀█▀ ▀█▀   █ ▀▄
 █   █▀▄  █   █    █  ▀▄
  █  ▀▀   ▀   ▀   █    █
▄▀ ▄▄           ▄▀    ▄▀
 ▀▀  ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▀▄
        ▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▄▄▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
  ▄█▄              ▄███████▄
  ▀████▄▄         ██████▀██████▀
    ▀▀▀████▄▄     ███████████▀
    ▀██▄███████▄▄███████████
     ▄▄▄▀██████████████████
      ▀████████████████████
▀█▄▄     ▀████████████████
  ▀████████████████▀█████
    ▀████████████▀▄▄███▀
       ▀▀██████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄   ▄▄
              ▄▀ ▀▀█  █
             ▄▀     ▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄█▄
     ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
 ▄▀▄▀              ▀▄▀▄
█  █   ▄█▄    ▄█▄   █  █
 ▀█    ▀█▀    ▀█▀    █▀
  █                  █
   █   ▀▄      ▄▀   █
    ▀▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
New Age of DEFI
A Non-Code Platform for
Decentralized Trading Instruments

▄▄███████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀███████▄
████████████▀▀    ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄   ███████
██████▀▀     █    ███████
████▀       █     ███████
█████▄▄   ▄█      ███████
████████ ██▄      ███████
▀████████ ▀▄███▄▄███████▀
 ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████▀▀

▄              ▄
   ▄███▄          ▄███▄
   █████▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄█████
  ▄████████████████████▄
 ▄██████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████
██████▀▀          ▀▀██████
█████▀   ▄      ▄   ▀█████
 ████   ███    ███   ████
  ████   ▀      ▀   ████
   ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀

▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀█████▄
▄████▀  ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀  ▀████▄
████▀                ▀████
███▀                  ▀███
███       ▄    ▄       ███
██▀      ███  ███      ▀██
██       ▀█▀  ▀█▀       ██
██▄     ▄        ▄     ▄██
▀██▄     ▀▀▄▄▄▄▀▀     ███▀
 ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
   ▀▀████████████████▀▀
M31

Activity: 139

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 05:44:18 AM

waltsmith

Why don't you and micryon, and maybe a few others here, take this coin over and do a reboot?  

Better yet, start from scratch and relaunch:  Change the PoW to SHA3, figure out the best pace to distribute coins, find a few trusted people who'd be willing to handle dealing with receiving/shipping and copy the website to a new URL then find the best strategy to promote the site plus get it listed on MintPal - we could all chip in to make it happen.  

A group effort might make the concept work...

I'd like to get my IPO BTC back, or be able to buy something with it, but if this coin is going to glide down to zero due to nothing more than bad management, then my hopes of that are slim.  Better to be logical about it and move along.  If there's some way to go after management for our money then great, but it's hardly a good thing to focus on (I'm sure 'ceo' will get what's coming to him if he is actually ripping us off rather than just being a tad on the not-terribly-competent side).

If anything, this thread has shown that there are a great bunch of people here who are highly capable and willing to make things happen if only given proper management.

richiela

Activity: 937
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 05:52:02 AM

waltsmith

Erm, try emailing support?  That's usually the best way Wink

What's the story?

Looking for the best exchange? -> https://bittrex.com
micryon

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2014, 06:20:55 AM

Why don't you and micryon, and maybe a few others here, take this coin over and do a reboot?  

Although I'd gladly help with anything on the coin side.. I'm not sure a reboot is going to be successful, as rebooting it using the original business model would require us to raise a new round of funds to stock inventory.  I'm not sure who'd be willing to invest in that.... at this point.

Copying the website is also non-trivial as it's a marketplace web app.. so requires a dev behind it.  I think the best bet is to try and revitalize the existing community, and make some changes ..

But yeah i'm in the same boat as everyone else in terms of lost IPO investment.. though i can't say it's anyone else's fault, we all had our chance to sell at 20-30 sats.. And i don't think Jaymes is a crook.. probably just got too busy and this business model isn't proving out to be a success.  Stuff like this just happens .. just look at how many kickstarter projects fail.  People will lose money on ventures.  That's just life.

But we can still try and turn the boat around as best we can with new ideas I think our best hope lies in the market place website using existing GPUC.

hendr1x

Activity: 77
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 02:23:37 PM

gpucoinstore.com: the site, and market place is worth something to coin holders.  Think of it as the silkroad..

Lol....don't say that.

Any unapproved market items have been approved.  I set it up to auto notify me now so I don't have to manually check.

I'm sorry for the delay on the wallet updates.  I don't want to make excuses but I completely missed that they were released.  I have updated the main site, I do not have access to change anything else.  If anyone needs me to do anything please email me, msg me on freenode or PM me here (in that order of preference).  It is hard/time consuming reading through all the posts here.

In regards to adding information about purchasing GPU Coin.  I am currently waiting on Jaymes to get back to me about some of the details before I can make any changes.
vesperwillow

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 02:35:10 PM

Well, if the time ever comes when you guys need someone to physically go to his address to drop off correspondence, for the right price I can certainly be hired Smiley

But that's if he's even home, and if he used his address and not a relative's or a friends.

I'm surprised he didn't provide the developers with a way to contact him, such as phone number.

trademark
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1003

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 02:41:45 PM

I vote X11 for GPUC. 
pastet89

Activity: 378
Merit: 265

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2014, 02:47:47 PM

Well, if the time ever comes when you guys need someone to physically go to his address to drop off correspondence, for the right price I can certainly be hired Smiley

But that's if he's even home, and if he used his address and not a relative's or a friends.

I'm surprised he didn't provide the developers with a way to contact him, such as phone number.
He did. Hendr1x has his phone.

Cryptostats.es
jimlite
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1018

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2014, 04:27:23 PM

He did. Hendr1x has his phone.
So Hendr1x should contact him and post here what the hell Jaymes's plan is.
Maybe he should hand control of the coin and web stuff to Hendr1x/Micryon!

Binance, hottest/largest alt exchange, 2BTC daily no verification. https://www.binance.com/?ref=13309371
NEED TO RENT A RIG? All algos at http://www.miningrigrentals.com/register?ref=627

✵ Super FAST block times      ✵ Block Explorer right in the wallet!     ✵ Stealth Addresses     ✵ PoW/PoS hybrid  
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
Ancient Money