R9 270 4~6 - 47 (2.8%)
R9 270 6+ - 93 (5.6%)
R9 280X 1~3 - 254 (15.3%)
R9 280X 4~6 - 255 (15.4%)
R9 280X 6+ - 268 (16.2%)
R9 290 1~3 - 150 (9.1%)
R9 290 3~6 - 91 (5.5%)
R9 290 6+ - 298 (18%)
OTHER (please specify in the thread) - 75 (4.5%)
NONE (Mining only) - 35 (2.1%)
Total Voters: 1656

Pages: « 1 ... 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 [421] 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [GPUC] GPU Coin | Mandatory Wallet Update  (Read 421195 times)
shufe

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 08:23:25 AM

GPU coin is the best choice for GPU rigs
c275

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 08:29:53 AM

ok tnx!
pastet89

Activity: 378
Merit: 265

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2014, 08:37:00 AM

How about the folks who hadn't received their GPU's, have you got them yet?
Nope, haven't received the card, and he doesn't answer my e-mails to gpu@gpucoin.net and ceo@gpucoin.net. I'm pretty sure this whole coin was a scam planned to "fail" from the beginning, not sure though whether it was only the "ceo" or someone else as well behind this. It just doesn't make sense any other way.. someone can't just start a cryptocurrency and then suddenly become that retarded or "super-busy", it doesn't add up.

I'm not really angry though cause I'm sure now the guy(s) behind this has some nasty stuff coming at him, Grin and for those that got burned (myself included) — it's a good lesson. All is good.

So is it appropriate to begin discussing taking legal action yet?  Obviously this has been a big scam.  A large chunk of the IPO funds are unaccounted for and he is not even shipping the GPUs that are accounted for.

I would say with products not being shipped, this is a point which can be taken up legally, but only if wacko wants to pursue it. Services and products are not being rendered/provided, the owner is in breach--regardless of the reason (familial, etc). Not to be callous to whatever his situation is, but he is in the hot seat at this point.

...and in the mean time - someone should sincerely consider taking over this coin. I don't believe that even if there was a "good excuse" for all of this, there would be any credibility left for this coin. It needs a clean break, and a "new beginning". Not talking re-launch or anything, just a public initiative to separate from the things that are clearly wrong, and take GPUC where it could/should have went in the first place. I still believe that this is a great idea, and I am still holding what I have. Partially because I don't want to dump @1, but mostly I still have hopes for it. We are near the top of the list at Mintpal, and I am still voting. I know that's not a massive priority, but if we get a grip on this thing now, and can mitigate some of the damage, it's a good position to be in. If the coin gets a new face, and we get on Mintpal at the same time, it could be quite positive, due to the new exposure.

I know there are die-hards here who are holding lots of GPUC - Let's see if we can't grab this thing by the ba||s and turn it around.
I guess you dont realize Jaymes is holding maybe even 50% of all coins in existance. If someone takes things in his own hands and get this coin running hot and the price going to new highs, he will do a really good favour to Jaymes who would happily dump everything I guess.

Cryptostats.es
needmoney
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1023

I am a good bro

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 08:53:21 AM

Any dice game with gpucoin ?

▄▄█▀▀█▄▄
  ▄▄█████▄▄█████▄▄
████  ███  ███  ████
  ▀▀█████▀▀█████▀▀

▀█▄▄  ▀▀█▄▄█▀▀   ▄▄█
 ▀▀███▄▄     ▄▄██▀██
     ▀███   ██▀  ▄█
██     ██  ██ ▄██▀██
▀██    ██  ███▀  ▄██
 ▀███▄▄██  ██ ▄███▀
    ▀▀███  ▀██▀▀
.Just.Bet. 

█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
DICE
LOTTERY
PLINKO
COIN FLIP
CRASH
WHEEL
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
        ███████       ▄▄██▄
                  ▄▄███▀▀██▄
      ██████   ▄███████▄▄███▄
               ▀██  █████████▄
                ▀█████████▀▀██▄
████████████     ▀███▀▀███▄▄██▀
██  ████  ██      ▀██▄▄███▀▀
█████▀▀█████  ██   ▀██▀▀
█████▄▄█████
██  ████  ██   ██████
████████████
TRUSTLESS
DECENTRALIZED
TRANSPARENT
..PLAY NOW..
jollyriffic

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 09:10:36 AM

i'd really like this coin to be taken over.
i put $200 of my money into the coin + mining and all of my coins are worth about $23 now.
might not seem like a lot of money but its everything i had and i'm out of work do to health issues.

UVC: Uc4hCM76fL8iQWgDJE34QA6hrnp2rGTq43    
EMC2: EKwkYKT6LE79ywhKhQtgqkbzcDhzRoB5kP   LTC: LZ7ffsTS93pR5cSZ9KMQMVunkEHRtPrZn9   
DougB62

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

Banned: For Your Protection

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 09:26:47 AM

Nope, haven't received the card, and he doesn't answer my e-mails to gpu@gpucoin.net and ceo@gpucoin.net. I'm pretty sure this whole coin was a scam planned to "fail" from the beginning, not sure though whether it was only the "ceo" or someone else as well behind this. It just doesn't make sense any other way.. someone can't just start a cryptocurrency and then suddenly become that retarded or "super-busy", it doesn't add up.

I'm not really angry though cause I'm sure now the guy(s) behind this has some nasty stuff coming at him, Grin and for those that got burned (myself included) — it's a good lesson. All is good.

So is it appropriate to begin discussing taking legal action yet?  Obviously this has been a big scam.  A large chunk of the IPO funds are unaccounted for and he is not even shipping the GPUs that are accounted for.

I would say with products not being shipped, this is a point which can be taken up legally, but only if wacko wants to pursue it. Services and products are not being rendered/provided, the owner is in breach--regardless of the reason (familial, etc). Not to be callous to whatever his situation is, but he is in the hot seat at this point.

...and in the mean time - someone should sincerely consider taking over this coin. I don't believe that even if there was a "good excuse" for all of this, there would be any credibility left for this coin. It needs a clean break, and a "new beginning". Not talking re-launch or anything, just a public initiative to separate from the things that are clearly wrong, and take GPUC where it could/should have went in the first place. I still believe that this is a great idea, and I am still holding what I have. Partially because I don't want to dump @1, but mostly I still have hopes for it. We are near the top of the list at Mintpal, and I am still voting. I know that's not a massive priority, but if we get a grip on this thing now, and can mitigate some of the damage, it's a good position to be in. If the coin gets a new face, and we get on Mintpal at the same time, it could be quite positive, due to the new exposure.

I know there are die-hards here who are holding lots of GPUC - Let's see if we can't grab this thing by the ba||s and turn it around.
I guess you dont realize Jaymes is holding maybe even 50% of all coins in existance. If someone takes things in his own hands and get this coin running hot and the price going to new highs, he will do a really good favour to Jaymes who would happily dump everything I guess.

So... you're saying that since we wouldn't want to do anything that might help Jaymes out, we shouldn't do anything that might boost the coin price? We should "cut off our nose to spite our face"?

We should all just dump @1 (if we get that lucky) to make sure Jaymes doesn't make anything?

We should all just go ahead and delete our wallets then - coins and all, cause it's a worthless coin, and we shouldn't try to salvage anything, cause Jaymes might get some money too?

Well, I don't know about everyone else, but I'm not down with that.

I suppose you're thinking that we go to all the trouble of rescuing the coin, get some value, and then Jaymes dumps, and we're left holding the worthless coins? We're already there. What could it hurt to try? I'd rather sell at 2 sat then at 1.  Undecided
pastet89

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2014, 11:05:28 AM

i put $200 of my money into the coin + mining and all of my coins are worth about $23 now.
might not seem like a lot of money but its everything i had and i'm out of work do to health issues.

What health issues? Can we help?

Cryptostats.es
dongbohui

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 11:08:17 AM

This currency is dead one big hoax。。。
pastet89

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2014, 11:15:35 AM

So... you're saying that since we wouldn't want to do anything that might help Jaymes out, we shouldn't do anything that might boost the coin price? We should "cut off our nose to spite our face"?

We should all just dump @1 (if we get that lucky) to make sure Jaymes doesn't make anything?

We should all just go ahead and delete our wallets then - coins and all, cause it's a worthless coin, and we shouldn't try to salvage anything, cause Jaymes might get some money too?

Well, I don't know about everyone else, but I'm not down with that.

I suppose you're thinking that we go to all the trouble of rescuing the coin, get some value, and then Jaymes dumps, and we're left holding the worthless coins? We're already there. What could it hurt to try? I'd rather sell at 2 sat then at 1.  Undecided
You are free to do anything you like, however I do not believe anything can be done this way. I was quite till now but it's time to say fianlly that I am sorry that I was involved in the marketing team of this project and that my reputation is exposed as well due to the extremely arrogant, incompetent and not acceptable behaviour of Jaymes.
During the last month I have do all I could to work for this coin, however, without a communication by his side I am with tied hands. I have found an article to be submited on an alt coins site for 50 USD and I asked him for them but never got reply. I sent him at least 5 emails with constant explaining that things are going bad, that community is hyrted mostly by his lack of presence, and that he needs to post in the thread, and got no reply as well. I also write him an email with some general economical and strategic suggestions for how to save things before it is too late. All I got was damn silence. I was sending emails both to his business and personal email. I just didn't get any reply from him. I am pretty annoyed as well that I created a contest for sigantures and I am afraid now that he will not honour it and will not send anything, but I feel bad as I have announced this contest. When I saw that things are going bad and he stopped replying I sent him another email to confirm if I should organise the other contest which was agreed as a part of my marketing program, to make sure he will provide the GPU for it. Guess what, no reply; so I just left this away and I am more comforatble I did not organise it now.
I also do not expect to get paid as agreed for my services, but I do not care about it, I care about the people involved in the signature contest as I feel guilty about them if Jaymes does not honour the contest. This is my official statement about it here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=550206.msg6418428#msg6418428
I will also realy ask Hendr1x to give him a call and ask him to send the GPUs as promised on the contest and reply me on my emails.

Cryptostats.es
micryon

Activity: 154

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2014, 11:46:05 AM

I think Bittrex is good, but don't think Poloniex is.
Any word from CEO?  I vote Micryon takes over.

I continue to support the coin code from technical side... But it takes way more than that to make this viable.

VTC: Vi5NxyF6FPCCEQDrsDcA34P8pXe1Yck21y
PDR: PP3EQsV3oX9bBkjpsnESguMHz3tfMqHXhy PlanetDollar
jollyriffic

Activity: 126

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 12:28:09 PM

What health issues? Can we help?

I'm not dying or looking for any type of handout.
with the idea behind this coin i found it to be a great opportunity to help alleviate financial aspects and if it worked out like i hoped help further down the road to give my retired parents a little mining rig to keep them a little more financially secure. they take care of my uncle who's a lot worse off health wise with cancer and emphysema.

if we could turn the coin around, thats all the help i'd need.
shouldn't of gambled everything on the coin, thats a lesson i'll not soon forget.

I'm not sure how one turns a coin around and pumps new life into it, but i'm here at the computer most of the day.. so i'm willing to help out with w/e you guys think would be a good action plan to save the coin.
I used to run a small, off the books, ecig building hobby. lasted about 3 years before i got sick. so i've at least got some background in filling orders, running a shopping cart, inventory, and some self taught marking.

UVC: Uc4hCM76fL8iQWgDJE34QA6hrnp2rGTq43    
EMC2: EKwkYKT6LE79ywhKhQtgqkbzcDhzRoB5kP   LTC: LZ7ffsTS93pR5cSZ9KMQMVunkEHRtPrZn9   
waltsmith

Activity: 196

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 04:04:26 PM

Well guys, I too am really sad at how this is turning out. I've defended the store owner from day 1. He has always done what the said he would do, whether it was smart or not, he did what he said. But, I know he is getting our e-mails, cause he updated the OP when I asked him to for the hard fork. However, refusing to communicate with his team or the community is the really a slap in the face. If he wants to go out of business just say so, so we can get on with things. If he wants to leave the option open to reopen the store if things turn around then a simple:"We are temporarily suspending operations due to, blah, blah, blah." That simple. Takes about two minutes and that's it. If he is not gonna sell the rest of his cards then take the store offline for "maintenance". Return the coins of those whose orders haven't been honored. I too, have to say I'm not the team forum rep anymore, I mean, how can you represent someone you can't communicate with? I know one thing, the ideas behind this coin were the best. Even if they don't pan out in the long run, this coin still has a lot going for it that many other coins don't, and I will continue to support it in any way that I can!!

waltsmith

Buy cheap GPUs with GPU Coin
Win a video card! - Drawing/Contest
Forexperiments

Activity: 259
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2014, 07:42:43 PM

Shoot, I transferred 400k GPUC and they're not showing on the receiver wallet  Undecided
If they went transfered on the wrong blockchain, does this means that my coins are lost?  Sad

Magliette ed adesivi Bitcoin e criptovalute, spedizione gratuita in Italia Grin
waltsmith

Activity: 196

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 07:57:00 PM

Shoot, I transferred 400k GPUC and they're not showing on the receiver wallet  Undecided
If they went transfered on the wrong blockchain, does this means that my coins are lost?  Sad

No, not lost.

Could be due to several different issues that plague a lot of wallets on a lot of coins.

Re-downloading the block-chain on both clients while running the wallet with the re-scan option in the shortcut you use to launch them should solve almost any issue, especially if afterwards you wait approx. 30 minutes for any thing missed in blockchain to be re-broadcast and confirmed. Any questions just ask here.

waltsmith

Buy cheap GPUs with GPU Coin
Win a video card! - Drawing/Contest
jimlite
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1018

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2014, 09:41:10 PM

I don't know what to make of all of this.  Jaymes seemed honest at first.  After all I won the 280x contest and he did send it right away.  He answered my emails, and took some of my advice.  I spent $400 in electricity mining GPU coin for a month, which is now worthless, but at least I broke even by getting the card.  Over the last 2 weeks I have sent him two emails with no response.  Nothing adds up. If he intended to pull a scam, he would not have had an LLC and he certainly would not have given out his address and posted his picture here and on youtube video. Anybody near him could find him.  So I believe he thought this would be a good business, but alas it hasn't worked out.  Shit happens like that as most startup businesses fail. But instead of hiding and going off the grid like a f@cking 12 year old, Jaymes should just come on here, post his reasons of his abcense, admit the business model is failing and needs work. And then either DO the work or pass it on to someone who will.  Forget Hannibal, psychiatrists could write a book about WHAT THE F@CK IS GOING ON IN JAYMES MIND!

Binance, hottest/largest alt exchange, 2BTC daily no verification. https://www.binance.com/?ref=13309371
NEED TO RENT A RIG? All algos at http://www.miningrigrentals.com/register?ref=627

✵ Super FAST block times      ✵ Block Explorer right in the wallet!     ✵ Stealth Addresses     ✵ PoW/PoS hybrid  
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
Ancient Money