R9 270 4~6 - 47 (2.8%)
R9 270 6+ - 93 (5.6%)
R9 280X 1~3 - 254 (15.3%)
R9 280X 4~6 - 255 (15.4%)
R9 280X 6+ - 268 (16.2%)
R9 290 1~3 - 150 (9.1%)
R9 290 3~6 - 91 (5.5%)
R9 290 6+ - 298 (18%)
OTHER (please specify in the thread) - 75 (4.5%)
NONE (Mining only) - 35 (2.1%)
Total Voters: 1656

Pages: « 1 ... 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 [304] 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 ... 440 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [GPUC] GPU Coin | Mandatory Wallet Update  (Read 421191 times)
trademark
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 06:44:07 PM

True, but say it stays at the current price by the time the store opens in 2 weeks.  Only IPO's like myself will be able to get one.

And when the IPO's buy GPUs, within hours everyone else will be able to buy the GPUC you guys used to buy the product with.

And so the cycle continues.

If the GPUC does not get the needed support. No one will buy it and the CEO will not be able to cash in to order more GPU's. Cycle will eventually end and CEO has a bunch of GPUC to stare at in his wallet.

True, I mentioned this at the outset of this endeavour, but it also isn't a bad thing for the owner. He'll win either way.

He's an owner btw, not a CEO.

Technically he is the director. So we are both wrong..

On his page he calls himself the CEO.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
djm34
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1050

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2014, 06:44:59 PM

Who's idea was it to make a coin that has no profit. Idiots.. Dev and CEO you haven't thought this through have you again.... It costs me about £3 per day to mine gpu coin,at the current rate i am getting 20k gpu  per day. Now sell those on the exchange for $4 i just about break even.

Whats the point.... Do what everyone else is doing and mine other coins then buy on the exchange if you think there is any point..

cheers

Unlike other coins. GPU pricing sets the price of gpucoin.  If the CEO wants to make his coin profitable. He will set the price of the GPU low. I say 750,000 to 1million per 280x sounds right.  He doesn't even need to have the product in hand yet. Just create a webpage for his store and put "estimated gpuc price will be _________"  The market will immediately correct itself.  That's it. Easy peasy.  Man, I wish I was in control of this coin.  

This exactly.  Surely he knows this and doesn't just use the current exchange avg.  He can heavily influence the pricing using the first batch of GPU's he has already ordered.

This wont work if the GPU price is not linked directly to the exchange price someone only needs to crash the market to pretty much destroy the business.
And the other way around, nobody would want to buy overpriced gpu's

djm34 facebook page
BTC: 1NENYmxwZGHsKFmyjTc5WferTn5VTFb7Ze
Pledge for neoscrypt ccminer to that address: 16UoC4DmTz2pvhFvcfTQrzkPTrXkWijzXw
P2PHash

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 06:48:37 PM

Spread hashrate and be safe, go for p2pool!! Lots of block found Smiley
Only 0.5% Fee

P2Pool benefits:

* No registration required
* Distributed hashrate
* Immediate payouts after a block is found
* Higher payouts with transaction fees paid to miners
* No account hack possible

Address: p2phash.com:9404
Start mining within seconds! Just point your miner to p2phash.com:9404 and use the GPUcoin address from your wallet for username, the password doesn't matter.
trademark
Legendary

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 06:52:43 PM

Who's idea was it to make a coin that has no profit. Idiots.. Dev and CEO you haven't thought this through have you again.... It costs me about £3 per day to mine gpu coin,at the current rate i am getting 20k gpu  per day. Now sell those on the exchange for $4 i just about break even.

Whats the point.... Do what everyone else is doing and mine other coins then buy on the exchange if you think there is any point..

cheers

Unlike other coins. GPU pricing sets the price of gpucoin.  If the CEO wants to make his coin profitable. He will set the price of the GPU low. I say 750,000 to 1million per 280x sounds right.  He doesn't even need to have the product in hand yet. Just create a webpage for his store and put "estimated gpuc price will be _________"  The market will immediately correct itself.  That's it. Easy peasy.  Man, I wish I was in control of this coin.  

This exactly.  Surely he knows this and doesn't just use the current exchange avg.  He can heavily influence the pricing using the first batch of GPU's he has already ordered.

This wont work if the GPU price is not linked directly to the exchange price someone only needs to crash the market to pretty much destroy the business.

The CEO has no risk if he lowers the costs of GPUC it takes to purchase a GPU.  It'll actually make him richer with the 75million or so that he is currently holding. This will also make GPUC mining profitable.  You can't base the price on the crappy exchange it's on now.  Half of the people on this forum has probably never heard of bittrex or whatever it is, let alone be willing to deposit BTC's in there and I don't think it'll make it to a big exchange before the store opens.  But you never know.
vesperwillow

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 07:06:06 PM

Then that shows how little he knows Virginia LLC's. He's the owner of the company, the registered agent of the same. And/or he just tosses the acronym to make unsuspecting folk think more highly of him. LLC = Limited Liability Company (not Corporation as some places note it).

You can't base the price on the crappy exchange it's on now.  Half of the people on this forum has probably never heard of bittrex or whatever it is, let alone be willing to deposit BTC's in there and I don't think it'll make it to a big exchange before the store opens.  But you never know.

Actually he would still--eventually--have to cash out his own coin to BTC, in order to gain fiat or purchase supplies with it. So yes, he has to base it on exchange (edit: he can help influence the value by setting price, but he by no means actually controls it). He can hoarde up some coins of course, but in the end he has to exchange it just like the rest of us. This is why the coin is nothing more than a transport mechanism with varying capacity. This will work until the coin hits 1 satoshi, at which point there is no margin.

This isn't a new concept, several coins do this already. Why do people not understand how this works?

jimlite
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1018

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2014, 07:19:46 PM

Forget about GPUs for a minute,

when are we gonna list this baby on a decent Exchange?

EXACTLY.  DEV/CEO HAVE TO GET THIS ONTO DECENT EXCHANGES
AND CRYPTO CHARTS

Binance, hottest/largest alt exchange, 2BTC daily no verification. https://www.binance.com/?ref=13309371
NEED TO RENT A RIG? All algos at http://www.miningrigrentals.com/register?ref=627

✵ Super FAST block times      ✵ Block Explorer right in the wallet!     ✵ Stealth Addresses     ✵ PoW/PoS hybrid  
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
Ancient Money
for a New World
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
Join the conversation!
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

▄████▄▄    ▄
██             ████████████▀
████▄         █████████████▀
▀████████▄▄   █████████████
▄▄█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
  ▀██████████████████████
   █████████████████████
    ▀█████████████████▀
      ▄█████████████▀
▄▄███████████████▀
   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

TWITTER

svenp

Activity: 122

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 07:23:54 PM

The owner has to step in and provide the initial liquidity and stabilize prices.  Right now if you were to price a GPU in GPUC, you'd need perhaps 1.3M @ 50sat for a 280x.  BUT there's so little liquidity, you'd drive the price up to 75sat at least just to buy that much coin (for ONE...).  At which time the buyer has overpaid.  And... the owner can't sell that 1.3M @75sat either...

So, he either needs to do some Bernanke shit and push the price up and close the spread or he needs to price the first GPUs at much less than the ~1.3M to make it a good deal for buyers.  He might eat it a bit in the beginning to do either option but he'll make up for it IF IF IF he can sell GPUs competitively in volume.  Hopefully he has some cash to spend or he won't be able to do either option.
trademark
Legendary

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 07:25:59 PM

Then that shows how little he knows Virginia LLC's. He's the owner of the company, the registered agent of the same. And/or he just tosses the acronym to make unsuspecting folk think more highly of him. LLC = Limited Liability Company (not Corporation as some places note it).

You can't base the price on the crappy exchange it's on now.  Half of the people on this forum has probably never heard of bittrex or whatever it is, let alone be willing to deposit BTC's in there and I don't think it'll make it to a big exchange before the store opens.  But you never know.

Actually he would still--eventually--have to cash out his own coin to BTC, in order to gain fiat or purchase supplies with it. So yes, he has to base it on exchange (edit: he can help influence the value by setting price, but he by no means actually controls it). He can hoarde up some coins of course, but in the end he has to exchange it just like the rest of us. This is why the coin is nothing more than a transport mechanism with varying capacity. This will work until the coin hits 1 satoshi, at which point there is no margin.

This isn't a new concept, several coins do this already. Why do people not understand how this works?

Well, he can call himself anything he wants. CEO could stand for Chief Entertainment Officer. lol.  

Yes, he has to exchange it for BTC regardless but GPUC needs to be on a large exchange otherwise, he'll never get enough buys.  At least if he lowered the GPUC per GPU, it would make his coin more profitable and it would get the support it needs to land on the big exchanges.  
trademark
Legendary

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 07:28:54 PM

The owner has to step in and provide the initial liquidity and stabilize prices.  Right now if you were to price a GPU in GPUC, you'd need perhaps 1.3M @ 50sat for a 280x.  BUT there's so little liquidity, you'd drive the price up to 75sat at least just to buy that much coin (for ONE...).  At which time the buyer has overpaid.  And... the owner can't sell that 1.3M @75sat either...

So, he either needs to do some Bernanke shit and push the price up and close the spread or he needs to price the first GPUs at much less than the ~1.3M to make it a good deal for buyers.  He might eat it a bit in the beginning to do either option but he'll make up for it IF IF IF he can sell GPUs competitively in volume.  Hopefully he has some cash to spend or he won't be able to do either option.

I agree. However, he won't be eating anything. He started with $0.  It's all IPO money.  It's like gambling with winning money. No fear!
madbit1000

Activity: 415
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 07:35:40 PM

Anyone know any websites that accurately determine profitablilty

You should not buy a warrant unless you are prepared to sustain a total loss of the money you have invested plus any commission or other transaction charges
tomewok

Activity: 210

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 07:37:11 PM

Your wallet, type " getinfo" in the console.
SP4RK7

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 07:39:31 PM

coinwarz.com is ok but doesn't always have newer coins on it
jimlite
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1018

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2014, 07:40:05 PM

I just hope the CEO is working on getting the coin on
Coins-E, Cryptsy, Cryptorush, etc. So people can dump
their crap (flappy, doge, etc.) coins and BUY GPUC.
If that happens, then the value of GPU coin will go up.
Also I sure hope he is currently promoting, or hires
some one to promote the coin.  We need a community,
more buzz, and to be listed on all the Crypto currency
charts, so people will see it is 1) A REAL coin and
2)A coin you can buy/sell like any other as well as
buy video cards or other merchandise with it. I agree with
other posters that lower priced items like powered usb
risers might be nice to have at the store because it wouldn't
take 1 million gpu coins to buy those.  The more real
world purchases that can be made with coin, the more success,
look at btc or litecoin.  Maxcoin started out over valued
and now has no value because you can't buy anything with
it (yet).  GPU coin will hopefully solve that problem by
letting miners buy whatever they may need with GPU coin.

Binance, hottest/largest alt exchange, 2BTC daily no verification. https://www.binance.com/?ref=13309371
NEED TO RENT A RIG? All algos at http://www.miningrigrentals.com/register?ref=627

✵ Super FAST block times      ✵ Block Explorer right in the wallet!     ✵ Stealth Addresses     ✵ PoW/PoS hybrid  
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
Ancient Money