Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 04:26:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 [160] 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 ... 515 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][NOTE]DNotes - Celebrating DNotes 3rd Birthday - Forum Now Open  (Read 814493 times)
Variant65

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 18, 2015, 09:04:04 AM

I was just wondering if DNotes had any plan to be part of SuperNET? It seems a promising innovation and might be good for DNotes?
RJF

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

Online since '89...

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2015, 02:47:57 PM
Last edit: January 18, 2015, 03:17:25 PM by RJF

It is 12:06 am in Chicago. I read TeeGee post twice but ran out enough brain power to post a response he deserves. I got an idea. Just re-post it in hold, since it will be better than what I can likely come up. It is certainly worth reading a few times over.

I do have a favorite part :"The coolest thing is that nobody owns it - not the government, not the bank, but the holders. This can not be said for any other money eco-system".

Quote from TeeGee:

I have some of my own thoughts to add about the bitcoin crash. For those who have time to read what I found to be a fascinating article on the Willy Bot and Markus Bot at Mt. Gox, you may do so here:

https://willyreport.wordpress.com/2014/05/25/the-willy-report-proof-of-massive-fraudulent-trading-activity-at-mt-gox-and-how-it-has-affected-the-price-of-bitcoin/

I have elucidated a rather pertinent extract that I agree with (I do not believe the entire article is factually proven, but provides a good theory to explain the 2013 rally):

"Mt. Gox has effectively been abusing Bitcoin to operate a Ponzi scheme for at least a year. The November “bubble” well into the $1000’s – and possibly April’s as well – was driven by hundreds of millions of dollars of fake liquidity pumped into the market out of thin air (note that this is equivalent to “with depositors’ money”). It is only natural that the Bitcoin price would deflate for around 5 months since its December peak, since there was never enough fiat coming in to support these kind of prices in the first place."

---------DELETED SOME STUFF FOR QUOTE -----------

I had my first day back at work today for the year... told my boss I'd give her and her husband (IT guy) some DNotes... she seemed quite receptive while I explained away the advantages of crypto.

Bed time  [2:22am]. Look forward to hearing any thoughts in the morning (I'll compress it down maybe for a re-post later).

That makes perfect sense. I always felt the 1k+ price of Bitcoin was artificial mainly due to the time of ramp up, no way that many people found out about Bitcoin that fast and dumped enough money into it to warrant that price. It especially makes sense if what Ross Ulbrict is now saying about Karpeles being "dread pirate roberts" behind Silk Road. He would have had virtually unlimited funds to use on Mt Gox to fix the price as well as access to users funds.

Think about that for a moment. One man's greed could well have created a sea change in the way we see and use money. Stuff like this doesn't happen very often in history and when it it does, its life changing...

EDIT: Since Satoshi of course..  Smiley

DNotesVault
“First, they ignore you. Then, they laugh at you. Then, they fight you. Then you win!” – Mahatma Gandhi 
Prepare for your future now, check out CRISP For Retirement and our complete family of CRISP savings plans.
Dyna
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1060

View Profile
January 18, 2015, 02:52:16 PM

I was just wondering if DNotes had any plan to be part of SuperNET? It seems a promising innovation and might be good for DNotes?

Hi Varian65. We are always delighted to see new participant in DNotes forum and like to extent our warm welcome to you and hope that you will come back and visit us often.

We are quite familiar with SuperNET but do not have any immediate plan to join them.

We follow our strategic plans rather strictly based on an order of priorities which are reviewed and adjusted from time to time. Our focus over the next six months will be the launching of our family of CR.I.S.Ps. for retirement, students, employee benefits, and charity, along with other projects we are already involved in or currently working on.

DNotes is strongly committed to mainstream consumer and merchant adoption of digital currency. Having established a fairly strong foundation, we believe that it of great mutual benefits and strategic importance to expand our ownership stake while the valuation of DNotes is still relatively low. We all will be very proud and a lot happier if a very large number of people who are currently skeptical about digital currency or never heard of it became the next generation of converts because their experiences have been favorable and beneficial. A more positive cultural change will be one of the best drivers for mass consumer and merchant adoption.

We are strongly believed that digital currency and the blockchain technology is the greatest technology revolution since the internet. It is the future of money in the Digital Age we live in. There are no questions from our prospective that the technology will continue to evolve to become even more powerful and beneficial than we can envision today. Through both success and failure, weaknesses and problems will be identified and solved with ever increasing advancement in every segment. DNotes is respectful and supportive of all innovations that will make our industry stronger and better. We do set our bar high and take our time to do the right things. We are interested in potential partnership and joint projects, but we are very selective because of our strong long term commitment in everything we do.
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
January 18, 2015, 05:17:57 PM

It is 12:06 am in Chicago. I read TeeGee post twice but ran out enough brain power to post a response he deserves. I got an idea. Just re-post it in hold, since it will be better than what I can likely come up. It is certainly worth reading a few times over.

I do have a favorite part :"The coolest thing is that nobody owns it - not the government, not the bank, but the holders. This can not be said for any other money eco-system".

Quote from TeeGee:

I have some of my own thoughts to add about the bitcoin crash. For those who have time to read what I found to be a fascinating article on the Willy Bot and Markus Bot at Mt. Gox, you may do so here:

https://willyreport.wordpress.com/2014/05/25/the-willy-report-proof-of-massive-fraudulent-trading-activity-at-mt-gox-and-how-it-has-affected-the-price-of-bitcoin/

I have elucidated a rather pertinent extract that I agree with (I do not believe the entire article is factually proven, but provides a good theory to explain the 2013 rally):

"Mt. Gox has effectively been abusing Bitcoin to operate a Ponzi scheme for at least a year. The November “bubble” well into the $1000’s – and possibly April’s as well – was driven by hundreds of millions of dollars of fake liquidity pumped into the market out of thin air (note that this is equivalent to “with depositors’ money”). It is only natural that the Bitcoin price would deflate for around 5 months since its December peak, since there was never enough fiat coming in to support these kind of prices in the first place."

I had my first day back at work today for the year... told my boss I'd give her and her husband (IT guy) some DNotes... she seemed quite receptive while I explained away the advantages of crypto.

Bed time  [2:22am]. Look forward to hearing any thoughts in the morning (I'll compress it down maybe for a re-post later).

That makes perfect sense. I always felt the 1k+ price of Bitcoin was artificial mainly due to the time of ramp up, no way that many people found out about Bitcoin that fast and dumped enough money into it to warrant that price. It especially makes sense if what Ross Ulbrict is now saying about Karpeles being "dread pirate roberts" behind Silk Road. He would have had virtually unlimited funds to use on Mt Gox to fix the price as well as access to users funds.

Think about that for a moment. One man's greed could well have created a sea change in the way we see and use money. Stuff like this doesn't happen very often in history and when it it does, its life changing...

Sometimes there is a significant advantage not to be the first pioneer. Bitcoin is simply an incredibly advanced digital currency technology that has challenged the best of computer scientists for decades. Coupled with the blockchain technology it is destined to be the next greatest technology revolution since the internet. Personally I am a firm believer that it will be bigger, more disruptive and more widely beneficial than anything mankind has seen. Technology innovation never starts and ends as a perfect form. It always evolves and get better over time. Problems are identified and resolved with never ending potential for expanded applications. That is the technical side of the enterprise.

The human side of the enterprise can be just as challenging, especially in the case of Bitcoin. Being a huge technology breakthrough known to a very small population, it presented a tempting first mover advantage to exploit the opportunity for personal gain. When there were no comparables or historical records, human greed can always over-power reasonable mind. I believe that is what happened in the case Bitcoin when its price shot up from $200 on Nov. 1, 2013 to $1,200 in 30 days. Those are the most damaging 30 days in the history of Bitcoin. It created a culture of greed, get rich quick mentality, and the need for instant gratifications more pronounced than I have witnessed anywhere. Over time artificially inflated valuations are never sustainable. They are always corrected over time. Unfortunately, the inherent nature of human greed and fear when energized by herd mentality always lead to the extreme end of the spectrum. We all can agree now that at $1,200 Bitcoin was significantly overvalued. I will state with certainly that Bitcoin at $200 is undervalued.

Like it or not. What is bad for Bitcoin has proven to be just as bad for other coins. I share your pain and frustration. Meanwhile, remember this. What is good for Bitcoin will also be good for other cryptocurrencies. “A Rising tide lifts all boats”.

Let us hope that we have learned a good lesson. Rocketing price appreciation to the moon is a curse, not a blessing. It has caused irreparable damages to many of our industry peers. Let’s not wish for it, participate or encourage it but work hard together to earn sustainable value appreciation because of productive contributions we made to the value of our stakes. This is the fundament believe system of DNotes. It makes sense to us. We welcome you to join us and share our commitment to make a difference. A more respectful and constructive culture will certainly go a long way in our quest for mass adoption of digital currency.

Please share your prospectives, no matter how brief. Thank you.
RJF

Online since '89...

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2015, 06:13:31 PM

Quote from TeeGee:

Sometimes there is a significant advantage not to be the first pioneer. Bitcoin is simply an incredibly advanced digital currency technology that has challenged the best of computer scientists for decades. Coupled with the blockchain technology it is destined to be the next greatest technology revolution since the internet. Personally I am a firm believer that it will be bigger, more disruptive and more widely beneficial than anything mankind has seen. Technology innovation never starts and ends as a perfect form. It always evolves and get better over time. Problems are identified and resolved with never ending potential for expanded applications. That is the technical side of the enterprise.

The human side of the enterprise can be just as challenging, especially in the case of Bitcoin. Being a huge technology breakthrough known to a very small population, it presented a tempting first mover advantage to exploit the opportunity for personal gain. When there were no comparables or historical records, human greed can always over-power reasonable mind. I believe that is what happened in the case Bitcoin when its price shot up from $200 on Nov. 1, 2013 to $1,200 in 30 days. Those are the most damaging 30 days in the history of Bitcoin. It created a culture of greed, get rich quick mentality, and the need for instant gratifications more pronounced than I have witnessed anywhere. Over time artificially inflated valuations are never sustainable. They are always corrected over time. Unfortunately, the inherent nature of human greed and fear when energized by herd mentality always lead to the extreme end of the spectrum. We all can agree now that at $1,200 Bitcoin was significantly overvalued. I will state with certainly that Bitcoin at $200 is undervalued.

Like it or not. What is bad for Bitcoin has proven to be just as bad for other coins. I share your pain and frustration. Meanwhile, remember this. What is good for Bitcoin will also be good for other cryptocurrencies. “A Rising tide lifts all boats”.

Let us hope that we have learned a good lesson. Rocketing price appreciation to the moon is a curse, not a blessing. It has caused irreparable damages to many of our industry peers. Let’s not wish for it, participate or encourage it but work hard together to earn sustainable value appreciation because of productive contributions we made to the value of our stakes. This is the fundament believe system of DNotes. It makes sense to us. We welcome you to join us and share our commitment to make a difference. A more respectful and constructive culture will certainly go a long way in our quest for mass adoption of digital currency.

My reply would be short and bittersweet; "Even bad news is still news!"   Smiley

DNotesVault
“First, they ignore you. Then, they laugh at you. Then, they fight you. Then you win!” – Mahatma Gandhi 
Prepare for your future now, check out CRISP For Retirement and our complete family of CRISP savings plans.
SmokeysGardens

Activity: 157
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 18, 2015, 06:33:08 PM

Quote from TeeGee:

Two big things I take from this:

Personally I am a firm believer that it will be bigger, more disruptive and more widely beneficial than anything mankind has seen.

I agree. This is (will be) the biggest thing modern Mankind has seen up to this point. Bigger than the Industrial Revolution. Bigger than the internet itself! We have not even BEGUN to realize what the blockchain is capable of. It's greatest contributions are yet to be discovered, in my opinion. Look at almost all "things" or "events" that caused major upheaval and change in the past. When they were new, NOBODY could grasp the true impact of the "thing" or "event". In fact, most major breakthroughs have a FAR larger impact in areas that the original "inventors" never dreamed of. Same thing with the Blockchain. It's greatest uses have not even been thought of yet!!!

What is good for Bitcoin will also be good for other cryptocurrencies. “A Rising tide lifts all boats”.

As for this topic, alas it is true. True for all crypto-currency. It is too soon to try to "uncouple" from Bitcoin. That is true for ALL other coins. We do have long-range plans to address this issue, but any time spent on it now is very pre-mature. So, like it or not, we are tied at the hip with Bitcoin, and there is very little we can do about it. One thing we can do to help the industry in general is to build a very stable, very trusted currency that will make the industry as a group proud, that "cheerleaders" of the industy can point to and use as an example of what the industry SHOULD look like, and CAN be.

So, in my opinion, any time and treasure spent on anything past brief disscussions of "uncoupling" from Bitcoin is time that should be spent on working on the tasks set right in front of us, instead of chasing rainbows.

Respectfully,
Grasshopper.......
RJF

Online since '89...

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2015, 07:15:14 PM
Last edit: January 18, 2015, 07:40:56 PM by RJF

Quote from TeeGee:

EDIT: Since Satoshi of course..  Smiley

Personally I am a firm believer that it will be bigger, more disruptive and more widely beneficial than anything mankind has seen.

I agree. This is (will be) the biggest thing modern Mankind has seen up to this point. Bigger than the Industrial Revolution. Bigger than the internet itself! We have not even BEGUN to realize what the blockchain is capable of. It's greatest contributions are yet to be discovered, in my opinion. Look at almost all "things" or "events" that caused major upheaval and change in the past. When they were new, NOBODY could grasp the true impact of the "thing" or "event". In fact, most major breakthroughs have a FAR larger impact in areas that the original "inventors" never dreamed of. Same thing with the Blockchain. It's greatest uses have not even been thought of yet!!!

What is good for Bitcoin will also be good for other cryptocurrencies. “A Rising tide lifts all boats”.

As for this topic, alas it is true. True for all crypto-currency. It is too soon to try to "uncouple" from Bitcoin. That is true for ALL other coins. We do have long-range plans to address this issue, but any time spent on it now is very pre-mature. So, like it or not, we are tied at the hip with Bitcoin, and there is very little we can do about it. One thing we can do to help the industry in general is to build a very stable, very trusted currency that will make the industry as a group proud, that "cheerleaders" of the industy can point to and use as an example of what the industry SHOULD look like, and CAN be.

So, in my opinion, any time and treasure spent on anything past brief disscussions of "uncoupling" from Bitcoin is time that should be spent on working on the tasks set right in front of us, instead of chasing rainbows.

Respectfully,
Grasshopper.......

What we are seeing right now is, pure and simple, frustration. We all know this tech will grow and we all know it works and those of us who believe that there is a place for altcoins are, quite simply, frustrated. It not the price, its not even the adoption or lack of it in some cases, it's the feeling of helplessness when we watch the value of the entire market drop out because of one entities valuation.

I admit, it's bitcoin's party and the rest of us are guests but just like a party, we are all here for the same thing. I'm not entirely convinced the current valuation methods really convey the sentiment in the sector. Has anyone actually seen the formula used by sites such as CionMarketCap? Yes, I know what they say but, does it really work that way?

How have they arrived at their criteria for valuation? Standard market evaluation or customized for a digital, global market?  I have already questioned some other sites  methods and they agree they are not the best. If any of you have a really good understanding of the methods used, I would love to discuss it a bit. I understand normal valuation of say stocks and the bond market but, I don't see how that can work in crypto. Anybody game?

DNotesVault
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1111

DNotes

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2015, 07:42:15 PM

Quote from TeeGee:

Respectfully,
Grasshopper.......

What we are seeing right now is, pure and simple, frustration. We all know this tech will grow and we all know it works and those of us who believe that there is a place for altcoins are, quite simply, frustrated. It not the price, its not even the adoption or lack of it in some cases, it's the feeling of helplessness when we watch the value of the entire market drop out because of one entities valuation.

I admit, it's bitcoin's party and the rest of us are guests but just like a party, we are all here for the same thing. I'm not entirely convinced the current valuation methods really convey the sentiment in the sector. Has anyone actually seen the formula used by sites such as CionMarketCap? Yes, I know what they say but, does it really work that way?

How have they arrived at their criteria for valuation? Standard market evaluation or customized for a digital, global market?  If any of you have a really good understanding of the methods used, I would love to discuss it a bit. I understand normal valuation of say stocks and the bond market but, I don't see how that can work in crypto. Anybody game?

I've asked similar questions myself and given it a lot of thought.

Before they had the 7 day percent change, I thought a weekly and monthly change percentage would be a good addition. However, what is the starting point? Is it exactly 7 days ago and whatever random price it was exactly 7 days ago or was it an average price for the day 7 days ago, or one of the hundred other possibilities it could be. There should be a lot of averaging when using these numbers if not already.

Market cap is market cap, as a standard in the financial industry there is probably no sense in really changing that. Coming up with new figures that really make sense, making it easy for general public consumption, is a great idea.

Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
January 18, 2015, 10:10:03 PM

There has been much anxietiy and frustration in our industry so far this year. I found the following article somewhat entertaining and hope that you get a good laugh. Enjoy.

Fear & Greed: A Guide to Bitcoin Panic-Selling

by Alyssa Hertig @ 2015-01-16 03:56 PM
http://cointelegraph.com/

Bitcoin value in USD took a nosedive over the first couple weeks of 2015. The price dipped well under US$200 earlier this week but is back over that mark at the time of writing.

The catalyst is unclear, but many big events could have contributed to the spiraling price: Bitstamp's temporary closure, the pause on CEX.io cloud mining, and Russia's crusade against Bitcoin websites. Additionally, others noted that Ethereum has been selling off their bitcoins and there are also rumors swirling that investor giants have been selling off in the run up to the Winklevoss ETF IPO.

The typical narrative goes something like this: Investors panic as they watch the price drop, so the selling continues, and the price falls further.

But many Bitcoin advocates are unfazed. Rather, they're deriding people who buy high and sell low. A recent satirical Reddit thread titled “A Guide to Quitting Bitcoin” captures this sentiment perfectly:

Step 1: Panic Sell: Quickly go to your exchange of choice (preferably one located in a country other than your own) and sell all your bitcoin. Don't even risk owning the smallest fraction of a coin. If you really want to commit to quitting, do it right and sell everything.

Step 2: Seek Validation on Your Favorite Bitcoin Forum: It is simply not enough to sell all your bitcoin. To ensure that you later don't have a "change of heart," it is required that you announce your departure. Regular bitcoin users also like to see who is leaving, so it is important for you to tell them. You won't believe how much strangers on the Internet care!

Step 3: Make Sure You Know Your Talking Points: People leaving bitcoin need to have a reason why. Make sure you have one in your pocket especially during step 2. Please choose one of these: "Price Volatility", "Centralized Mining", "Fixed Supply".

Step 4: Enjoy the Freedom from Bitcoin Shackles.

Another user added another six steps to drive the point home. A few months later, Bitcoin isn't dead. Actually, it has soared in price. Awestruck, the investor buys at another peak. The price tumbles again. Then it would be only be natural to repeat the cycle returning to step one and sell in panic.

And sadly, this actually happens. Case and point, a Redditor posted Wednesday: “Just sold 25 bitcoins at a US$180, good luck with your “currency”, I'm out.” The user claimed to have purchased bitcoin at the US$1,100 price peak.

The author of the aforementioned guide responded: “Thank you for reading my guide.”

The nonchalant attitude might surprise. Bitcoin lost 40% of its value so far in 2015, yet Bitcoin advocates are laughing at the desperate sellers.

The thing is, many following the Bitcoin space have seen the currency “die” many times before—30 times now, in fact, according to the site Bitcoin Obituaries, which posts links to articles reporting Bitcoin's demise. Bitcoin has been known for its volatility, and these declarations were often made at a price trough.

Some are laughing. Some are defending. Andreas Antonopoulos, Bitcoin evangelist and host of the Let's Talk Bitcoin podcast, took to Twitter Wednesday:

http://cointelegraph.com/news/113312/fear-greed-a-guide-to-bitcoin-panic-selling

TeeGee

Activity: 846
Merit: 535

View Profile
January 19, 2015, 01:11:03 AM

It is always better when people mind their own business and don't spread FUD just because they decide to "leave a market". Anxiety from choosing to remain in the market is a different story.

I see Bitcoin is hovering a little higher today, although personally I'm kinda hoping it drops a bit before I make a purchase in the coming days. Look at it as a cheaper opportunity to buy DNotes with your dollars than you had before!

I've been looking at some facts on student debt in the states and UK, some of them are horrifying! (albeit some figures are hotly contested). For young people such as myself, the potential rewards are well worth the risks with crypto. I'm not sure DNotes will be available at a relatively low price in the near future regardless of what Bitcoin does. Giving away lots of crypto is part of my strategy to encourage adoption, as the value goes up of each unit of Notes, the more people you can give a "worthwhile" amount to. By this I mean that I could give somebody $20 of DNotes to get them started, but this could be several thousand DNotes, and would not be an insignificant proportion of my overall holding if I'm giving them away to many people. By comparison, if I am correct and they go up by a large margin, I could continue giving $20 worth of DNotes away to each person to get them started, but would have to give away far fewer of my overall holding. I could reach more people.

The more people who hold DNotes, the more awareness and demand will exist for them. That demand and increased chance of mass adoption will more than pay off for any small amount of DNotes you give away. I think the true trick would be in convincing people who know nothing about crypto, that these 'digital notes' that they know absolutely nothing are their best chance at escaping debt and retiring early! My blog is on how to register is still pending lol.

Just wanted to get in a quick afternoon post before I went about my daily activities.

RJF

Online since '89...

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2015, 02:52:24 AM

It is always better when people mind their own business and don't spread FUD just because they decide to "leave a market". Anxiety from choosing to remain in the market is a different story.

I see Bitcoin is hovering a little higher today, although personally I'm kinda hoping it drops a bit before I make a purchase in the coming days. Look at it as a cheaper opportunity to buy DNotes with your dollars than you had before!

I've been looking at some facts on student debt in the states and UK, some of them are horrifying! (albeit some figures are hotly contested). For young people such as myself, the potential rewards are well worth the risks with crypto. I'm not sure DNotes will be available at a relatively low price in the near future regardless of what Bitcoin does. Giving away lots of crypto is part of my strategy to encourage adoption, as the value goes up of each unit of Notes, the more people you can give a "worthwhile" amount to. By this I mean that I could give somebody $20 of DNotes to get them started, but this could be several thousand DNotes, and would not be an insignificant proportion of my overall holding if I'm giving them away to many people. By comparison, if I am correct and they go up by a large margin, I could continue giving $20 worth of DNotes away to each person to get them started, but would have to give away far fewer of my overall holding. I could reach more people.

The more people who hold DNotes, the more awareness and demand will exist for them. That demand and increased chance of mass adoption will more than pay off for any small amount of DNotes you give away. I think the true trick would be in convincing people who know nothing about crypto, that these 'digital notes' that they know absolutely nothing are their best chance at escaping debt and retiring early! My blog is on how to register is still pending lol.

Just wanted to get in a quick afternoon post before I went about my daily activities.

Truth be known, most, if not all of these "I'm out" people never owned any to start with or, are simply lying. Trolls exist in all forums and digital discussion groups, their reasoning for being trolls varies from disgruntled investors to those who,can't afford to play or aren't allowed to damaged folks that just can't stand to see others prosper,or enjoy a group activity. Simply ignore them and don't feed them, it make them smell bad...  Smiley

DNotesVault
mafort1469

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 19, 2015, 03:18:58 AM
Last edit: January 19, 2015, 03:36:06 AM by mafort1469

Another reason that bitcoin probably dropped was due to a site called Cryptodouble that ran from Dec 17th until two weeks ago. The site closed down and the owner then proceeded to sell 2000 btc on BTC-E. This didn't help the downward trend. It is recovering now slowly but that did some of its damage.
keemo

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 19, 2015, 03:45:55 AM

One important aspect of the digital currency investment opportunity is getting lost or at least I do not see it being clearly communicated. Never before one could buy ownership in a ground-level effort that had the promise of going big. The potential disruption is one thing. But the opportunity to get ownership at ground level is another and totally unprecedented. Historically, it has always been only a few founders who could participate at the ground level and general public has to wait till an IPO where the valuations are high and the price is really high and reflects a mature technology (and thus potential returns are already priced in).

I do not see this point being clearly and forcefully mentioned. It is perhaps a good idea to bring this out clearly for CRISP programs. I think cryptocurrency aficionados know this but general public does not. It is unprecedented and fleeting.
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
January 19, 2015, 03:51:36 AM

Another reason that bitcoin probably dropped was due to a site called Cryptodouble that ran from Dec 17th until two weeks ago. The site closed down and the owner then proceeded to sell 2000 btc on BTC-E. This didn't help the downward trend. It is recovering now slowly but that did some of its damage.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention, mafort1469. This is indeed news to me. However, a $500,000 dump with daily trading volume as high as $100 million may not be the only reason why Bitcoin lost over 30% in the first two weeks of the year.

Read more:
https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/bitcoin-ponzi-cryptodouble-disappears-least-2233-bitcoins/

CryptoDouble, a website founded on the promise of doubling its users’ deposits within 100 hours, ceased all its operations. At least 2233 BTC (about $500,000) have been cashed out on BTC-E, leaving thousands of customers out of pocket.

The service gained a significant popularity on Bitcointalk, where customers first testified about the service and its supposed effectiveness.

Despite several warnings from advanced Bitcoin users and previous Bitcoin Ponzi scams, a significant number of users have been attracted by the website’s promises and its investment possibilities. More than 200 different altcoins were featured in the investment opportunity list. Customers simply had to pick up an altcoin and then blindly send their funds to CryptoDouble wallets’ addresses, hoping for ulterior interest.

Unfortunately for these users, today the website went offline without any notice. The total prejudice is still unknown at the time of writing – several different crypto-currencies and blockchains were used in this swindle.

However, as indicated by the address a cryptodouble customer used to send funds to, the scammer stole at least 2233 bitcoins, and then sent the whole amount on BTC-e’s hot wallet to probably dump them.

While we don’t know yet the final scope of the disaster, the subsequent Bitcoin dumps are very likely to increase the current Bitcoin price plunge, in view of the significant sums involved.

The last two tweets sent from CryptoDouble, both on January 8, say:

There is highly coordinated and massive DDOS attack on CryptoDouble taking place right now. Our engineer handle it. Please allow some time. – Service is recovering now. We are still monitoring and analyzing the issue. All payouts will be processed shortly.

14/01/15 Update: A member of hashtalk is planning to launch a class-action lawsuit against CryptoDouble’s owner.

CCN will regularly update this story once additional information will be made available.
mafort1469

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 19, 2015, 04:07:53 AM

Thanks for bringing this to our attention, mafort1469. This is indeed news to me. However, a $500,000 dump with daily trading volume as high as $100 million may not be the only reason why Bitcoin lost over 30% in the first two weeks of the year.

Read more:
https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/bitcoin-ponzi-cryptodouble-disappears-least-2233-bitcoins/

CryptoDouble, a website founded on the promise of doubling its users’ deposits within 100 hours, ceased all its operations. At least 2233 BTC (about $500,000) have been cashed out on BTC-E, leaving thousands of customers out of pocket.

The service gained a significant popularity on Bitcointalk, where customers first testified about the service and its supposed effectiveness.

Despite several warnings from advanced Bitcoin users and previous Bitcoin Ponzi scams, a significant number of users have been attracted by the website’s promises and its investment possibilities. More than 200 different altcoins were featured in the investment opportunity list. Customers simply had to pick up an altcoin and then blindly send their funds to CryptoDouble wallets’ addresses, hoping for ulterior interest.

Unfortunately for these users, today the website went offline without any notice. The total prejudice is still unknown at the time of writing – several different crypto-currencies and blockchains were used in this swindle.

However, as indicated by the address a cryptodouble customer used to send funds to, the scammer stole at least 2233 bitcoins, and then sent the whole amount on BTC-e’s hot wallet to probably dump them.

While we don’t know yet the final scope of the disaster, the subsequent Bitcoin dumps are very likely to increase the current Bitcoin price plunge, in view of the significant sums involved.

The last two tweets sent from CryptoDouble, both on January 8, say:

There is highly coordinated and massive DDOS attack on CryptoDouble taking place right now. Our engineer handle it. Please allow some time. – Service is recovering now. We are still monitoring and analyzing the issue. All payouts will be processed shortly.

14/01/15 Update: A member of hashtalk is planning to launch a class-action lawsuit against CryptoDouble’s owner.

CCN will regularly update this story once additional information will be made available.

Yes, I agree this amount shouldn't/wouldn't cause a significant drop, however, I believe the owner was dumping btc the entire time the site was up. This in conjunction with end of year fears likely helped the steep drop. Doesn't really matter as DNotes maintained throughout this mess which I am MOST impressed by!!
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
January 19, 2015, 04:22:33 AM

One important aspect of the digital currency investment opportunity is getting lost or at least I do not see it being clearly communicated. Never before one could buy ownership in a ground-level effort that had the promise of going big. The potential disruption is one thing. But the opportunity to get ownership at ground level is another and totally unprecedented. Historically, it has always been only a few founders who could participate at the ground level and general public has to wait till an IPO where the valuations are high and the price is really high and reflects a mature technology (and thus potential returns are already priced in).

I do not see this point being clearly and forcefully mentioned. It is perhaps a good idea to bring this out clearly for CRISP programs. I think cryptocurrency aficionados know this but general public does not. It is unprecedented and fleeting.

That is an excellent point, keemo. I have never thought of it that way. It is indeed quite unprecedented that at least during the early stage one has the opportunity to have an ownership stake even with micro investment. It is truly a ground floor opportunity, especially in the case of DNotes and CR.I.S.P. A few large whales are actually paying to give others the opportunity to get on the ground floor and have an ownership stake. I will expand on this another time.
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
January 19, 2015, 04:05:19 PM

BREAKING NEWS!!!

DNotes is on Yahoo Finance again. Expect many more news outlets worldwide to follow.

Let us double our efforts on CR.I.S.P. With all that gloom and doom, here is where we can really make a difference.

It is unprecedented that the little guys like many of us willing to give a cup of fine coffee, saving the difference by switching to an off brand, could significantly improve their financial freedom through a self-directed, unstructured savings plan like CR.I.S.P. Being able to secure an ownership stake, no matter how small the investment, at this ground floor formative stage of IPO equivalent is unprecedented in the investment world.

YAHOO Finance:
Jan 19, 2015

Bitcoin Alternative DNotes Celebrates As One Of The First Long Term Alternative Cryptocurrencies

With savings plans and several innovative initiatives long term cryptocurrency DNotes continues to celebrate progress made in 2014 with scheduled roll-outs of many more Cryptocurrency Investment Savings Plans (CR.I.S.P) using newly launched DNotesVault.

ILLINOIS, USA / ACCESSWIRE / January 19, 2015 / Established US based cryptocurrency DNotes has had a productive year in the cryptocurrency space with a number of unique forward thinking projects. Led by co-founder, and early tech entrepreneur Alan Yong – with over 3 decades of experience in IT and the personal computer industry.

DNotes released several large scale projects in 2014, including the DNotes cryptocurrency itself, DNotes web wallet and long term coin storage platform DNotesVault with a 100% deposit guarantee, and cryptocurrency neutral platform CryptoMoms – dedicated to aiding women's participation in cryptocurrencies. CR.I.S.P for kids – the world's first Cryptocurrency Investment Savings Plans for Children was also released. DNotes is the first cryptocurrency to offer long term self-directed and unstructured digital currency savings plans. Additional digital currency savings plans, scheduled for roll-out over the next six months will be available for students, company employees, charities and anyone interested to supplement their retirement savings with DNotes.

DNotes is an open source decentralized peer-to-peer cryptocurrency that was launched in early 2014. Since launch DNotes has been credited as one of the industry's most stable digital currencies among over 500 coins listed on CoinMarketcap. There are currently seven mining pools for those who wish to mine DNotes and several reputable cryptocurrency exchanges for trading including PoloniEx, AllCoin, C-Cex and Comkort. The DNotes' homepage offers plenty of language options and downloads are available for Windows, Linux, and Mac.

DNotes launched web wallet DNotesVault.com with an unprecedented 100% deposit guarantee free of charge for all DNotes stakeholders. DNotesVault is a strategic instrument to stimulate the long term holding of DNotes. It offers a secure saving alternative that enables anyone worldwide to participate in saving cryptocurrency safely. It is easier to set up than a bank account and guarantees 100% of your deposit through a separate fully transparent cold storage account, secured in a different location, with an amount always in excess of the total deposit. The guaranteed funds can be verified at any time via the blockchain. Registering on DNotesVault is an effortless process. The user just enters an email address and password, agrees to the clearly stated terms and conditions and clicks submit. DNotesVault is also the first step in setting up DNotes long term saving plans which are a true rarity in the cryptocurrency space.

CryptoMoms is cryptocurrency neutral and a truly helpful platform dedicated to support, encourage and further the adoption of cryptocurrencies amongst women; as the cryptocurrency space is for the most part dominated by men. The website gives an excellent introduction to cryptocurrencies; how to store them, how to obtain cryptocurrencies, and everything needed to get started in the exciting emerging technology of crypto and digital currencies.

CryptoMoms is community driven and has a forum enabling women and men from all over the world to connect, and seek or offer cryptocurrency advice in a welcoming environment.

As a part of DNotes' plan for stable and long term adoption, the currency launched the first in a series no fees Cryptocurrency Investment Savings Plans (CR.I.S.P) during 2014. CR.I.S.P for children is a high reward program that can be initiated with a small investment. The DNotes team will award prizes in DNotes for the top wallets on the list, as well as some randomly chosen participants. DNotes' savings plans share the same 100% deposit guarantee as any other DNotesVault account. Setting up a saving plan for one or more children is an effortless process. The first step is to register using the DNotesVault account dashboard, make a DNotes deposit address for each child, choose nicknames and go to CryptoMoms.com to create an account. For a more detailed instructions please visit http://DNotesVault.com/crisp-for-kids.php.

Future Plans include expanding the CR.I.S.P. Family program to similar forward thinking and long term plans for students, retirees, charities and employees, providing a savings alternative with high potential long term returns. Spectators, DNotes adopters and cryptocurrency enthusiasts can expect another year with uniquely long term and progressive contributions to the digital currency ecosystem from DNotes.

For more information about DNotes cryptocurrency please visit: DNotescoin.com.

This press release is for informational purposes only. The information does not constitute investment advice or an offer to invest.

For more information about us, please visit http://dnotesvault.com/.

Contact Info:
Name: Alan Yong
Email: Contact@dnotescoin.com
Organization: DNotes

SOURCE: DNotesVault
RJF

Online since '89...

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2015, 05:49:48 PM

BREAKING NEWS!!!

DNotes is on Yahoo Finance again. Expect many more news outlets worldwide to follow.

Let us double our efforts on CR.I.S.P. With all that gloom and doom, here is where we can really make a difference.

It is unprecedented that the little guys like many of us willing to give a cup of fine coffee, saving the difference by switching to an off brand, could significantly improve their financial freedom through a self-directed, unstructured savings plan like CR.I.S.P. Being able to secure an ownership stake, no matter how small the investment, at this ground floor formative stage of IPO equivalent is unprecedented in the investment world.

YAHOO Finance:
Jan 19, 2015

Bitcoin Alternative DNotes Celebrates As One Of The First Long Term Alternative Cryptocurrencies

With savings plans and several innovative initiatives long term cryptocurrency DNotes continues to celebrate progress made in 2014 with scheduled roll-outs of many more Cryptocurrency Investment Savings Plans (CR.I.S.P) using newly launched DNotesVault.

ILLINOIS, USA / ACCESSWIRE / January 19, 2015 / Established US based cryptocurrency DNotes has had a productive year in the cryptocurrency space with a number of unique forward thinking projects. Led by co-founder, and early tech entrepreneur Alan Yong – with over 3 decades of experience in IT and the personal computer industry.

DNotes released several large scale projects in 2014, including the DNotes cryptocurrency itself, DNotes web wallet and long term coin storage platform DNotesVault with a 100% deposit guarantee, and cryptocurrency neutral platform CryptoMoms – dedicated to aiding women's participation in cryptocurrencies. CR.I.S.P for kids – the world's first Cryptocurrency Investment Savings Plans for Children was also released. DNotes is the first cryptocurrency to offer long term self-directed and unstructured digital currency savings plans. Additional digital currency savings plans, scheduled for roll-out over the next six months will be available for students, company employees, charities and anyone interested to supplement their retirement savings with DNotes.

DNotes is an open source decentralized peer-to-peer cryptocurrency that was launched in early 2014. Since launch DNotes has been credited as one of the industry's most stable digital currencies among over 500 coins listed on CoinMarketcap. There are currently seven mining pools for those who wish to mine DNotes and several reputable cryptocurrency exchanges for trading including PoloniEx, AllCoin, C-Cex and Comkort. The DNotes' homepage offers plenty of language options and downloads are available for Windows, Linux, and Mac.

DNotes launched web wallet DNotesVault.com with an unprecedented 100% deposit guarantee free of charge for all DNotes stakeholders. DNotesVault is a strategic instrument to stimulate the long term holding of DNotes. It offers a secure saving alternative that enables anyone worldwide to participate in saving cryptocurrency safely. It is easier to set up than a bank account and guarantees 100% of your deposit through a separate fully transparent cold storage account, secured in a different location, with an amount always in excess of the total deposit. The guaranteed funds can be verified at any time via the blockchain. Registering on DNotesVault is an effortless process. The user just enters an email address and password, agrees to the clearly stated terms and conditions and clicks submit. DNotesVault is also the first step in setting up DNotes long term saving plans which are a true rarity in the cryptocurrency space.

CryptoMoms is cryptocurrency neutral and a truly helpful platform dedicated to support, encourage and further the adoption of cryptocurrencies amongst women; as the cryptocurrency space is for the most part dominated by men. The website gives an excellent introduction to cryptocurrencies; how to store them, how to obtain cryptocurrencies, and everything needed to get started in the exciting emerging technology of crypto and digital currencies.

CryptoMoms is community driven and has a forum enabling women and men from all over the world to connect, and seek or offer cryptocurrency advice in a welcoming environment.

As a part of DNotes' plan for stable and long term adoption, the currency launched the first in a series no fees Cryptocurrency Investment Savings Plans (CR.I.S.P) during 2014. CR.I.S.P for children is a high reward program that can be initiated with a small investment. The DNotes team will award prizes in DNotes for the top wallets on the list, as well as some randomly chosen participants. DNotes' savings plans share the same 100% deposit guarantee as any other DNotesVault account. Setting up a saving plan for one or more children is an effortless process. The first step is to register using the DNotesVault account dashboard, make a DNotes deposit address for each child, choose nicknames and go to CryptoMoms.com to create an account. For a more detailed instructions please visit http://DNotesVault.com/crisp-for-kids.php.

Future Plans include expanding the CR.I.S.P. Family program to similar forward thinking and long term plans for students, retirees, charities and employees, providing a savings alternative with high potential long term returns. Spectators, DNotes adopters and cryptocurrency enthusiasts can expect another year with uniquely long term and progressive contributions to the digital currency ecosystem from DNotes.

For more information about DNotes cryptocurrency please visit: DNotescoin.com.

This press release is for informational purposes only. The information does not constitute investment advice or an offer to invest.

For more information about us, please visit http://dnotesvault.com/.

Contact Info:
Name: Alan Yong
Email: Contact@dnotescoin.com
Organization: DNotes

SOURCE: DNotesVault

Excellent! nice job with these press releases, very professional and well positioned...

DNotesVault
Chase
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 12:41:31 AM

You're right, the level of student debt is horrifying.  This was a post from CryptoMoms a couple of months ago:

Did you know that in June, 2010, for the first time ever, the total student loan debt exceeded total credit card debt in the U.S.  Check out the Student Loan Debt Clock:

http://www.finaid.org/loans/studentloandebtclock.phtml

Regarding being able to give people more DNotes now (ie. your example of $20 worth to everyone) because the price is low, as opposed to a lot less DNotes for $20 in the future, is something I have wondered about as well.  My initial thought was that it would be better to give 100,000 people 100 DNotes, but then wondered if it was more beneficial to have the earliest adopters with a somewhat larger stake, similar to the early shareholders in a public company??  Would that make a stronger, more protective following?

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." -Albert Einstein-

DNotes EDU – Cryptocurrency Education For All – Accomplishments of 2018
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1111

DNotes

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2015, 12:59:19 AM

You're right, the level of student debt is horrifying.  This was a post from CryptoMoms a couple of months ago:

Did you know that in June, 2010, for the first time ever, the total student loan debt exceeded total credit card debt in the U.S.  Check out the Student Loan Debt Clock:

http://www.finaid.org/loans/studentloandebtclock.phtml

Regarding being able to give people more DNotes now (ie. your example of $20 worth to everyone) because the price is low, as opposed to a lot less DNotes for $20 in the future, is something I have wondered about as well.  My initial thought was that it would be better to give 100,000 people 100 DNotes, but then wondered if it was more beneficial to have the earliest adopters with a somewhat larger stake, similar to the early shareholders in a public company??  Would that make a stronger, more protective following?

Great question, that is a tough call. It probably depends more on the individual, but of course you can only attempt to predict how the person will react. There is a third option, start small, if it doesn't peak their interest or result in some level of reaction, there is no reason to go further.

Pages: « 1 ... 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 [160] 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 ... 515 »
  Print  

Jump to: