Bitcoin Forum
July 08, 2024, 08:22:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 [161] 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 ... 515 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][NOTE]DNotes - Celebrating DNotes 3rd Birthday - Forum Now Open  (Read 814501 times)
Dyna
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1060

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 03:02:05 AM

It is always better when people mind their own business and don't spread FUD just because they decide to "leave a market". Anxiety from choosing to remain in the market is a different story.

I see Bitcoin is hovering a little higher today, although personally I'm kinda hoping it drops a bit before I make a purchase in the coming days. Look at it as a cheaper opportunity to buy DNotes with your dollars than you had before!

I've been looking at some facts on student debt in the states and UK, some of them are horrifying! (albeit some figures are hotly contested). For young people such as myself, the potential rewards are well worth the risks with crypto. I'm not sure DNotes will be available at a relatively low price in the near future regardless of what Bitcoin does. Giving away lots of crypto is part of my strategy to encourage adoption, as the value goes up of each unit of Notes, the more people you can give a "worthwhile" amount to. By this I mean that I could give somebody $20 of DNotes to get them started, but this could be several thousand DNotes, and would not be an insignificant proportion of my overall holding if I'm giving them away to many people. By comparison, if I am correct and they go up by a large margin, I could continue giving $20 worth of DNotes away to each person to get them started, but would have to give away far fewer of my overall holding. I could reach more people.

The more people who hold DNotes, the more awareness and demand will exist for them. That demand and increased chance of mass adoption will more than pay off for any small amount of DNotes you give away. I think the true trick would be in convincing people who know nothing about crypto, that these 'digital notes' that they know absolutely nothing are their best chance at escaping debt and retiring early! My blog is on how to register is still pending lol.

Just wanted to get in a quick afternoon post before I went about my daily activities.

You're right, the level of student debt is horrifying.  This was a post from CryptoMoms a couple of months ago:

Did you know that in June, 2010, for the first time ever, the total student loan debt exceeded total credit card debt in the U.S.  Check out the Student Loan Debt Clock:

http://www.finaid.org/loans/studentloandebtclock.phtml

Regarding being able to give people more DNotes now (ie. your example of $20 worth to everyone) because the price is low, as opposed to a lot less DNotes for $20 in the future, is something I have wondered about as well.  My initial thought was that it would be better to give 100,000 people 100 DNotes, but then wondered if it was more beneficial to have the earliest adopters with a somewhat larger stake, similar to the early shareholders in a public company??  Would that make a stronger, more protective following?

Great question, that is a tough call. It probably depends more on the individual, but of course you can only attempt to predict how the person will react. There is a third option, start small, if it doesn't peak their interest or result in some level of reaction, there is no reason to go further.

Sharing is a great thing, especially giving some DNotes to your family and friends. We will continue to give away some DNotes but the amount is rapidly getting smaller as the value of DNotes continued to appreciate. 2,000 DNotes may not sound like much today but it likely to be of serious value a few years from now. Like everything else DNotes has been doing, our mode of operation is done in phases/stages. We are still at the stage when we have to convince others to accept DNotes as a gift. I trust that before the end of 2015 many will be asking you how they can invest in DNotes. That day may come sooner than we all dare expect. In the meantime, let us make sure that every CR.I.S.P. is launched flawlessly and all requests for support handled politely and promptly.

Unless we hear from our community differently, CR.I.S.P. for Retirement will launched the week of February 16, 2015, to be followed by CR.I.S.P. for Students a month later. Please share your suggestions and comments.

qiwoman2
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1023

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 09:51:09 AM

I been busy2 weeks with my son but just managed to send another 1k to the Dnotes Vault that I bought just from selling faucet coins, so it all ads up and hope to also join the retirement CRI.IS.P Soon..Will also post a blog post in a few days as well re new news.. I hope you are all well. I just witnessed another ipo coin bite the dust and dev took the ipo funds, it's so sad..I love Dnotes because of the honesty.. Smiley

█▀█ █ █▄▀ █▀█ █▀ ░ █▀▀ ▄▀█ █▀ █░█
█▄█ █ █░█ █▄█ ▄█ ▄ █▄▄ █▀█ ▄█ █▀█

DeFi on Tron
and trustless token exchange
█████

█████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

JOIN OIKOS

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
█████
RJF

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

Online since '89...

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2015, 01:32:09 PM

I been busy2 weeks with my son but just managed to send another 1k to the Dnotes Vault that I bought just from selling faucet coins, so it all ads up and hope to also join the retirement CRI.IS.P Soon..Will also post a blog post in a few days as well re new news.. I hope you are all well. I just witnessed another ipo coin bite the dust and dev took the ipo funds, it's so sad..I love Dnotes because of the honesty.. Smiley

Just curious, which one?

DNotesVault
“First, they ignore you. Then, they laugh at you. Then, they fight you. Then you win!” – Mahatma Gandhi 
Prepare for your future now, check out CRISP For Retirement and our complete family of CRISP savings plans.
RJF

Online since '89...

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2015, 01:52:03 PM
Last edit: January 20, 2015, 02:02:32 PM by RJF

It is always better when people mind their own business and don't spread FUD just because they decide to "leave a market". Anxiety from choosing to remain in the market is a different story.

I see Bitcoin is hovering a little higher today, although personally I'm kinda hoping it drops a bit before I make a purchase in the coming days. Look at it as a cheaper opportunity to buy DNotes with your dollars than you had before!

I've been looking at some facts on student debt in the states and UK, some of them are horrifying! (albeit some figures are hotly contested). For young people such as myself, the potential rewards are well worth the risks with crypto. I'm not sure DNotes will be available at a relatively low price in the near future regardless of what Bitcoin does. Giving away lots of crypto is part of my strategy to encourage adoption, as the value goes up of each unit of Notes, the more people you can give a "worthwhile" amount to. By this I mean that I could give somebody $20 of DNotes to get them started, but this could be several thousand DNotes, and would not be an insignificant proportion of my overall holding if I'm giving them away to many people. By comparison, if I am correct and they go up by a large margin, I could continue giving $20 worth of DNotes away to each person to get them started, but would have to give away far fewer of my overall holding. I could reach more people.

The more people who hold DNotes, the more awareness and demand will exist for them. That demand and increased chance of mass adoption will more than pay off for any small amount of DNotes you give away. I think the true trick would be in convincing people who know nothing about crypto, that these 'digital notes' that they know absolutely nothing are their best chance at escaping debt and retiring early! My blog is on how to register is still pending lol.

Just wanted to get in a quick afternoon post before I went about my daily activities.

You're right, the level of student debt is horrifying.  This was a post from CryptoMoms a couple of months ago:

Did you know that in June, 2010, for the first time ever, the total student loan debt exceeded total credit card debt in the U.S.  Check out the Student Loan Debt Clock:

Regarding being able to give people more DNotes now (ie. your example of $20 worth to everyone) because the price is low, as opposed to a lot less DNotes for $20 in the future, is something I have wondered about as well.  My initial thought was that it would be better to give 100,000 people 100 DNotes, but then wondered if it was more beneficial to have the earliest adopters with a somewhat larger stake, similar to the early shareholders in a public company??  Would that make a stronger, more protective following?

Great question, that is a tough call. It probably depends more on the individual, but of course you can only attempt to predict how the person will react. There is a third option, start small, if it doesn't peak their interest or result in some level of reaction, there is no reason to go further.

Sharing is a great thing, especially giving some DNotes to your family and friends. We will continue to give away some DNotes but the amount is rapidly getting smaller as the value of DNotes continued to appreciate. 2,000 DNotes may not sound like much today but it likely to be of serious value a few years from now. Like everything else DNotes has been doing, our mode of operation is done in phases/stages. We are still at the stage when we have to convince others to accept DNotes as a gift. I trust that before the end of 2015 many will be asking you how they can invest in DNotes. That day may come sooner than we all dare expect. In the meantime, let us make sure that every CR.I.S.P. is launched flawlessly and all requests for support handled politely and promptly.

Unless we hear from our community differently, CR.I.S.P. for Retirement will launched the week of February 16, 2015, to be followed by CR.I.S.P. for Students a month later. Please share your suggestions and comments.

Excellent! I'll call it a birthday present (2/15)  

Also, on the matter of the giveaway, it is a tough question but, "something for nothing" always draws peoples attention. Even a small amount will more likely draw someone in as opposed to nothing. I thing you need to set a "value" figure in a specific currency such as USD, say the $20.00 (or less) you mentioned, and stick with it no matter the conversion rate. That way your advertising "Twenty dollars USD!" rather than the moving target that is DNotes itself.

I will assume that the giveaway funds will be deposited in DNotes vault? I will also assume you will be getting at least basic info on the holders? That way, you can selectively market to them to increase their participation. A script can be developed to check accounts for activity and, if none after a preset time period, you write them off.

There can be a disclaimer in the initial giveaway notification advising them if they don't create an account or login within a specific time frame, they loose the gift DNotes. It's not a bad thing to put a time limit on further participation. I don't mean constant participation just the completing of an account or initial login to show their interest within a certain time limit.

This would help weed out the ones you are never going to hear from and return some DNotes to the giveaway fund. Also, perhaps, this is just a thought brought on by unusually strong coffee this morning, you could create a category within the vault structure for new signups and setup a method for them to transfer their DNotes to a standard account or a CR.I.S.P. which would close the newbie account and open a full account. This would also force initial participation and keep newbie, giveaway accounts from getting out of hand.

Just some ideas to ponder this Tuesday morning...

BTW: On the matter of student debt, it's a racket, a way for colleges to make money they never would have otherwise. It's not about education, it's about profit. My daughter is graduating from University of Maryland this year and moving on to graduate school (environmental and energy law.) She takes with her around 80k in student loans. And, UMD just sent out a letter advising that they lost $45,000.000 in funding, yes, million dollars from the state. How do you think they will make that up? Something has to give and give big time, this is killing our economy as much as our national debt.

DNotesVault
“First, they ignore you. Then, they laugh at you. Then, they fight you. Then you win!” – Mahatma Gandhi 
Prepare for your future now, check out CRISP For Retirement and our complete family of CRISP savings plans.
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 02:39:23 PM

It is always good to see you qiwoman2. Hope you and your family are all doing well. I admire the way you treasure small amount of coins collected from faucets and selling them for DNotes so that they can be added to your vault accounts. Amazing things can happen, when one has the consistent discipline to save even a small amount over a long period of time.

Let me tell you a true and personal story. It is especially fitting when we are on the subject of saving for retirement. I grew up in a very poor farm family in the northern part of the Borneo Island which is now part of East Malaysia. Very poor here means watching other kids in grade school eat a pack of plain cooked noodles that cost a few pennies, while I went without food for the whole day. An acceptable dinner was a bowl of plain rice with a scope of sugar and a cup of tea.

Growing up, I remember Mom making the sacrifice of giving up many basic necessities in life just to save a few pennies when she could. Those pennies gave her a good start. She later started raising pigs and sold a few every year, saving most of the money from the proceeds and accumulated enough to purchase a commercial building. She rented it out and collected rent till she passed away three years ago. She was confined to a wheelchair for over twenty years due to bad knees. Fortunately, the rental income was sufficient to pay for her care including a 24 hour live in care giver.

This is a true retirement story I personally witnessed. It gives me the inspiration to make our CR.I.S.P. a great success and CR.I.S.P. for retirement hugely beneficial for millions of people worldwide. Not having a sufficiently funded retirement savings is unfortunate. Let's help to change that for as many people as we can. There are hundreds of millions of people who need to refocus their retirement savings asset allocation. We strongly believe that DNotes is a viable option with high potential returns over the long term. Including DNotes as a small percentage (<10%) of the total asset allocation could make a significant difference.
Chase
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 03:06:39 PM
Last edit: January 20, 2015, 04:26:30 PM by Chase

You're right, the level of student debt is horrifying.  This was a post from CryptoMoms a couple of months ago:

Did you know that in June, 2010, for the first time ever, the total student loan debt exceeded total credit card debt in the U.S.  Check out the Student Loan Debt Clock:

Regarding being able to give people more DNotes now (ie. your example of $20 worth to everyone) because the price is low, as opposed to a lot less DNotes for $20 in the future, is something I have wondered about as well.  My initial thought was that it would be better to give 100,000 people 100 DNotes, but then wondered if it was more beneficial to have the earliest adopters with a somewhat larger stake, similar to the early shareholders in a public company??  Would that make a stronger, more protective following?

Also, on the matter of the giveaway, it is a tough question but, "something for nothing" always draws peoples attention. Even a small amount will more likely draw someone in as opposed to nothing. I thing you need to set a "value" figure in a specific currency such as USD, say the $20.00 (or less) you mentioned, and stick with it no matter the conversion rate. That way your advertising "Twenty dollars USD!" rather than the moving target that is DNotes itself.

I will assume that the giveaway funds will be deposited in DNotes vault? I will also assume you will be getting at least basic info on the holders? That way, you can selectively market to them to increase their participation. A script can be developed to check accounts for activity and, if none after a preset time period, you write them off.

There can be a disclaimer in the initial giveaway notification advising them if they don't create an account or login within a specific time frame, they loose the gift DNotes. It's not a bad thing to put a time limit on further participation. I don't mean constant participation just the completing of an account or initial login to show their interest within a certain time limit.

This would help weed out the ones you are never going to hear from and return some DNotes to the giveaway fund. Also, perhaps, this is just a thought brought on by unusually strong coffee this morning, you could create a category within the vault structure for new signups and setup a method for them to transfer their DNotes to a standard account or a CR.I.S.P. which would close the newbie account and open a full account. This would also force initial participation and keep newbie, giveaway accounts from getting out of hand.

BTW: On the matter of student debt, it's a racket, a way for colleges to make money they never would have otherwise. It's not about education, it's about profit. My daughter is graduating from University of Maryland this year and moving on to graduate school (environmental and energy law.) She takes with her around 80k in student loans. And, UMD just sent out a letter advising that they lost $45,000.000 in funding, yes, million dollars from the state. How do you think they will make that up? Something has to give and give big time, this is killing our economy as much as our national debt.

I did find out that if you email someone DNotes from the Vault and they don't open up an account there, the DNotes will be returned to you in 90 days.  I also like the idea of sending out a smaller amount, but enough to make it interesting, and if someone registers and accepts, I can always send more.  I agree that one needs to consider who you are giving it to.

I am going to take full advantage of the Timed Send feature.  It has so many benefits other than just preventing a large dump of DNotes on the market.  Everyone always wonders when they should cash out of an investment, especially here in crypto where the thinking is "pump = sell".  Timed Send takes the guesswork out of that because you know you only have access to so many DNotes per month or year for a certain length of time.  It also gives people enough time to see that this is a long term investment that is going up in value.

Student Debt - 80k in student debt before grad school?  OUCH!!  I agree RJF, it is for profit and needs an overhaul.  In the province of Ontario alone, there are 7000 more teachers graduating from university each year than there are jobs for.  Many of them end up with jobs they could have gotten without a $60k trip to university.

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." -Albert Einstein-

DNotes EDU – Cryptocurrency Education For All – Accomplishments of 2018
keemo

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 05:14:52 PM

I did find out that if you email someone DNotes from the Vault and they don't open up an account there, the DNotes will be returned to you in 90 days.  I also like the idea of sending out a smaller amount, but enough to make it interesting, and if someone registers and accepts, I can always send more.  I agree that one needs to consider who you are giving it to.

I am going to take full advantage of the Timed Send feature.  It has so many benefits other than just preventing a large dump of DNotes on the market.  Everyone always wonders when they should cash out of an investment, especially here in crypto where the thinking is "pump = sell".  Timed Send takes the guesswork out of that because you know you only have access to so many DNotes per month or year for a certain length of time.  It also gives people enough time to see that this is a long term investment that is going up in value.

Student Debt - 80k in student debt before grad school?  OUCH!!  I agree RJF, it is for profit and needs an overhaul.  In the province of Ontario alone, there are 7000 more teachers graduating from university each year than there are jobs for.  Many of them end up with jobs they could have gotten without a $60k trip to university.

A truly inspirational story. Most large, successful organizations are built on the same principles of sustained effort, drive and passion. I see DNotes taking a similar growth path.
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 05:46:20 PM

Let me response briefly to the giveaway of DNotes brought up by TeeGee, RJF, and Chase. I agree that a fixed value of $20 or even $10 sounds much more appealing than a number of DNotes, such as 1,000 or 2,000. The truth of the matter is that with the anticipated large number of participants involving our family of 6 CR.I.S.Ps, we are not in the position to send even $10 or 1,000 DNotes to everyone who signed up. For all practical purposes, the amount of DNotes for general giveaway will drop to 100 DNotes or $1 based on today value sooner or later. One could argue that, given this consideration, 100 DNotes sounds more appealing than $1.

Bear in mind that all giveaways must be a limited time offer, possibly along with other qualifying factors.

Having said that, we may want to consider offering a limited time promotion for CR.I.S.P. for Retirement, expiring on Dec. 31, 2015.  Perhaps we can offer an automatic deposit of 100 DNotes for each qualified (we will have do define "qualified") plus 50 DNotes for every 1,000 DNotes saved, up 10,000 or a maximum of 500 DNotes. This could encourage participants to save a larger amount early when DNotes is relatively undervalued.

Those are some of the details we need to iron out. My suggestions should not be construed as final. We always value your suggestions and give them serious consideration.
RJF

Online since '89...

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2015, 06:05:45 PM

Let me response briefly to the giveaway of DNotes brought up by TeeGee, RJF, and Chase. I agree that a fixed value of $20 or even $10 sounds much more appealing than a number of DNotes, such as 1,000 or 2,000. The truth of the matter is that with the anticipated large number of participants involving our family of 6 CR.I.S.Ps, we are not in the position to send even $10 or 1,000 DNotes to everyone who signed up. For all practical purposes, the amount of DNotes for general giveaway will drop to 100 DNotes or $1 based on today value sooner or later. One could argue that, given this consideration, 100 DNotes sounds more appealing than $1.

Bear in mind that all giveaways must be a limited time offer, possibly along with other qualifying factors.

Having said that, we may want to consider offering a limited time promotion for CR.I.S.P. for Retirement, expiring on Dec. 31, 2015.  Perhaps we can offer an automatic deposit of 100 DNotes for each qualified (we will have do define "qualified") plus 50 DNotes for every 1,000 DNotes saved, up 10,000 or a maximum of 500 DNotes. This could encourage participants to save a larger amount early when DNotes is relatively undervalued.

Those are some of the details we need to iron out. My suggestions should not be construed as final. We always value your suggestions and give them serious consideration.

When talking about amounts such as 100 DNotes, yes, specifying in DNotes does sound better. As far as the "qualified" part, that could mean a certain amount of deposits for a given period. If you deposit say 1000 DNotes within 30 days, you get the 100 or something like that. I think the idea is to get the user involved more than just having 100 DNotes sitting there forever. If they had to make a conscious effort to make a deposit to get the giveaway that would help retain users as long as it wasn't too difficult for newbies.

Also, the 50 per 1000 sounds good, even a lower figure might be enough since it is essentially "interest" and is once again more the idea of "something for nothing" or at least the minimal effort of saving DNotes in the account. Would be a nice incentive for sure....

DNotesVault
mafort1469

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 06:10:15 PM

I am all for the CRISP retirement. I will buy more and place what I have (except my CRISP for kids) into it no questions asked. I truly believe that this is way to go. Have a conventional 401k and that in conjunction with a CRISP retirement account would almost guarantee funds if one was to go bust. Honestly I trust DNotes more than a 401k due to the fact that fiat money, investments, etc. are going extinct.  A new time is upon us and it is in the cryptocurrency world. Maybe not in 5 or 10 years, but in 20 MOST definitely. The wave of the future people and it all starts here.
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1111

DNotes

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2015, 06:16:46 PM

The dollar value is a great idea and may help keep the amount meaningful. Speaking of which, where CR.I.S.P. for Retirement is up next; What do you think of having a field where the retirement account records deposits at the time of deposit and price conversion to USD, so we have a input dollar value, then have a current value in USD? This way the individual can track their investment.

Yep, we absolutely push the giveaway funds through the vault to give us more control, and the funds will be returned if no action in 90 days. But as far as marketing to them, there is a fine line we need to walk to be in compliance with the CANN SPAM act, but correspondence is no problem if they are interested and communicating with us.

Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 06:34:52 PM

When talking about amounts such as 100 DNotes, yes, specifying in DNotes does sound better. As far as the "qualified" part, that could mean a certain amount of deposits for a given period. If you deposit say 1000 DNotes within 30 days, you get the 100 or something like that. I think the idea is to get the user involved more than just having 100 DNotes sitting there forever. If they had to make a conscious effort to make a deposit to get the giveaway that would help retain users as long as it wasn't too difficult for newbies.

Also, the 50 per 1000 sounds good, even a lower figure might be enough since it is essentially "interest" and is once again more the idea of "something for nothing" or at least the minimal effort of saving DNotes in the account. Would be a nice incentive for sure....

This is a very good discussion. Keep track of the key points and continue this discussion for a few days. I will be posting a general overview of CR.I.S.P. for Retirement late this evening or early tomorrow. One of our targets is small business owners. I believe the vast majority of their retirement accounts are seriously under funded.

DNotes will likely become very successful because we care about others who are struggling to make ends meet. That is quite a refreshing difference which will eventually be the driver of mass consumer and merchant adoption of DNotes. Let's make DNotes mutually useful and beneficial to all. It should not be about the pride of authorship but the sharing of a new era of opportunities so that we all can benefit from this greatest technology revolution since the internet.
mafort1469

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 07:22:35 PM

I do have one question which please do not take the wrong way, but would be nice to know. What happens, god forbid, if a senior member of DNotes is hurt or dies somehow? Are there personnel backups in place that have full access to the DNotes Vault and such? Thanks!
RJF

Online since '89...

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2015, 07:36:45 PM

The dollar value is a great idea and may help keep the amount meaningful. Speaking of which, where CR.I.S.P. for Retirement is up next; What do you think of having a field where the retirement account records deposits at the time of deposit and price conversion to USD, so we have a input dollar value, then have a current value in USD? This way the individual can track their investment.

Yep, we absolutely push the giveaway funds through the vault to give us more control, and the funds will be returned if no action in 90 days. But as far as marketing to them, there is a fine line we need to walk to be in compliance with the CANN SPAM act, but correspondence is no problem if they are interested and communicating with us.

I agree with the values shown, both would be very helpful. As far as spam, carefully crafted updates would ok and could be "opt in" by the user by clicking a "I agree to receive mailings from DNotes" or something like that.

DNotesVault
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1111

DNotes

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2015, 07:52:33 PM

I do have one question which please do not take the wrong way, but would be nice to know. What happens, god forbid, if a senior member of DNotes is hurt or dies somehow? Are there personnel backups in place that have full access to the DNotes Vault and such? Thanks!

Hi mafort1469, great question. We do have multiple redundancy in separate locations (in three separate states in the U.S.). We take protecting the individuals using the vault very seriously.

mafort1469

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 07:54:49 PM

Hi mafort1469, great question. We do have multiple redundancy in separate locations (in three separate states in the U.S.). We take protecting the individuals using the vault very seriously.

Excellent! Thanks for info. I am moving things around so will have more DNotes shortly!!!
Chase
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 09:04:57 PM
Last edit: January 20, 2015, 11:41:26 PM by Chase

Having said that, we may want to consider offering a limited time promotion for CR.I.S.P. for Retirement, expiring on Dec. 31, 2015.  Perhaps we can offer an automatic deposit of 100 DNotes for each qualified (we will have do define "qualified") plus 50 DNotes for every 1,000 DNotes saved, up 10,000 or a maximum of 500 DNotes. This could encourage participants to save a larger amount early when DNotes is relatively undervalued.

Maybe the limited time offer expiring Dec. 31/15 should also say to a maximum of _____  DNotes or people.  What if this was the "goes viral" moment that everyone in cryptocurrency has been waiting for??  As awesome as it would be to have 2 to 3 million new DNotes holders...

Is it possible to have the 100 DNotes giveaway automatically locked in for a certain # of years or using a multi-year timed send?  100 DNotes doesn't sound like much right now, but 100 bitcoin is worth over $20,000.  That's $20,000 more than most people have saved for retirement.  Having to actually make a purchase of DNotes is still a huge hurdle for most people, so I think giving it to them no-strings attached (other than qualifying, etc), would be a good idea.  A few of them may stare at their 100 DNotes for 5 or 10 years before they figure out what to do with them, but they will be very thankful when they do.  A lot of them will become interested in DNotes when it starts rising in value (human nature) and will start buying then.  Some of them will recognize this as an opportunity that may never present itself again and start buying immediately.

I really like the idea of having the Retirement account have a $value at time of deposit vs current $value.

I also like the "interest" on additional savings of DNotes.

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." -Albert Einstein-

DNotes EDU – Cryptocurrency Education For All – Accomplishments of 2018
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 11:03:29 PM
Last edit: January 20, 2015, 11:53:00 PM by Dyna

Having said that, we may want to consider offering a limited time promotion for CR.I.S.P. for Retirement, expiring on Dec. 31, 2015.  Perhaps we can offer an automatic deposit of 100 DNotes for each qualified (we will have do define "qualified") plus 50 DNotes for every 1,000 DNotes saved, up 10,000 or a maximum of 500 DNotes. This could encourage participants to save a larger amount early when DNotes is relatively undervalued.

Maybe the limited time offer expiring Dec. 31/15 should also say to a maximum of _____  DNotes.  What if this was the "goes viral" moment that everyone in cryptocurrency has been waiting for??  As awesome as it would be to have 2 to 3 million new DNotes holders...

Is it possible to have the 100 DNotes giveaway automatically locked in for a certain # of years or using a multi-year timed send?  100 DNotes doesn't sound like much right now, but 100 bitcoin is worth over $20,000.  That's $20,000 more than most people have saved for retirement.  Having to actually make a purchase of DNotes is still a huge hurdle for most people, so I think giving to them no-strings attached (other than qualifying, etc), would be a good idea.  A few of them may stare at their 100 DNotes for 5 or 10 years before they figure out what to do with them, but they will be very thankful when they do.  A lot of them will become interested in DNotes when it starts rising in value (human nature) and will start buying then.  Some of them will recognize this as an opportunity that may never present itself again and start buying immediately.

I really like the idea of having the Retirement account have a $value at time of deposit vs current $value.

I also like the "interest" on additional savings of DNotes.

This has been a great discussion. I am sure RJF is taking great notes. I just want to briefly expand on one point; the $value of the investment at the time of deposit. The value in DNotes and USD is captured to compute cumulative value, adjusted for any withdrawal giving us rich data sets to report performance for any given period. The individual can track the performance based on gain/loss for the period and total current value of the investment.

This will make even more sense when we have our own fully licensed and regulated exchange. Our challenge is to consistently out perform any other investments. We believe that we have a good shot at that. If we can consistently deliver stability and out performed other currencies, DNotes will become the preferred digital currency of choice for global commerce; hence “the digital currency of the future with lasting value.” Other currencies will be pegged to DNotes.

It will be a number of years before we have our exchange, bank and partner banks. At that point, it is conceivable that employees can sign up for regular payroll deduction directly invested in DNotes just like it is done today with other tax deferred investment. I trust that it will eventually be given the same tax deferred treatment like 401 K and IRA. Account holders can also link their bank account with the exchange and have personal checks cleared and credited almost instantly based on pre-approved limits.  
TeeGee

Activity: 846
Merit: 535

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 02:31:07 AM

I wrote one of my massive posts last night that I sometimes do... little did I know, my wifi had become disconnected, so when I clicked "post" I got a nice "connect to the internet" page. Attempting to go back in the hope my big long message would still be saved, I had no luck. It never re-wrote it because I was annoyed and it was near bed time, but I'll write something similar today. Historically I've always written my posts in google drive before copy / pasting onto the forum reply box... may I suggest to others to do the same if you ever plan on spending an hour+ on a post you're really excited about?

I think we have good time frames in line for the releases of CR.I.S.P for Retirement, followed by CR.I.S.P for Students. I have read some rather interesting, but not entirely unsurprising information gathered from a survey of 4500 ohio university students which I will share at the end of this post. I agreed with one of the posts made earlier that CR.I.S.P for retirement is something that Students will also have their minds on, so we may start with releasing the program that will attract a wider audience. I think a challenge will be preferred risk aversion among people closer to retirement. We will always be encouraging people to begin small with their portfolios (for students this might just be an encouragement to buy $10 on a pre-funded card / vault account or something), but convincing these same people that DNotes provides the investment vehicle to possibly take their small capital input, and turn it into something much larger within a matter of 5-10 years will be a real challenge.  Students on the other hand, tend to have a lower propensity for 'delayed gratification', nor any material investment capital to utilise in their oft constrained budgets. I think CR.I.S.P for Students and Retirement will reward those most who get in earlier, like all great investments. The better we can communicate value in the DNotes investment vehicle, the more people we know will prosper.

I thought I'd leave a few quick quotes that demonstrate the secondary consequences of student debt before all those in the DNote community from the USA go to bed in a couple of hours (RJF, I will be in touch to see if I can go through any research on retirement demographics etc at your direction in the next day or two).

The following quotes and points made are from the Ohio student survey of 4500 students.

One in three students suffer insomnia due to financial worries, and 37 per cent report anxiety over their finances:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/education/universityeducation/student-finance/9604951/One-in-three-students-suffer-insomnia-due-to-finance-worries-survey-finds.html

“Not having enough money to participate in the same activities as peers had the
largest positive effect (OR=5.708) on reporting financial stress. Students who regularly
spent more than they could afford by using credit or by borrowing were significantly more
likely to report financial stress than those who did not regularly overspend ”

"In the same study, students who need to work to support themselves through tertiary education report more financial stress. Women also report higher stress levels. Students are more concerned by their level of debt at graduation, than by their current debt level."

Interesting stuff...

Oh yeah, also the average student debt is now more than 30,000 per person! The US Government borrows this from the FED (criminal banking cartel) at 0.25%, and then sells the money to students at a higher than 6% stafford interest rate for 2015... shocking.

"Direct unsubsidized loans — the Stafford for graduate students — currently carry a 5.41% interest rate but will increase to 6.21% for loans disbursed starting July 1 2015. The US government borrows the money to facilitate these loans at 0.25% from the FED."

Oh, and I almost forgot, how sick is this!???

If the government were a private loan provider, it would be one of the most profitable companies, next to Exxon mobil and Apple - http://www.mintpressnews.com/how-the-government-profits-from-student-loans-to-the-tune-of-40-billion-a-year/197199/

and this!?

In the UK - According to the Institute for Fiscal Studies, the average student debt will be £44,015 - higher even than the US.  The Higher Education Commission says that it is particularly concerned about the future level of student debt with financial experts estimating that 73 per cent of all students will still be unable to pay off their student loans after 30 years, when debts are automatically wiped.

Urghhh... Not sure what to say now. But baby steps and we will fix it.

IMJim
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 02:47:48 AM

Yeah that happened to me once on this forum too.......since then I ALWAYS control+a then control+c to copy all the text before I hit post!
Pages: « 1 ... 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 [161] 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 ... 515 »
  Print  

Jump to: