Bitcoin Forum
July 12, 2024, 06:55:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 [163] 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 ... 515 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][NOTE]DNotes - Celebrating DNotes 3rd Birthday - Forum Now Open  (Read 814501 times)
Chase
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 07:01:18 PM
Last edit: January 21, 2015, 07:11:31 PM by Chase

Let's make the deadline for feature requests for the CR.I.S.P. for Retirement program initial launch: Sunday, January 25th. Here is the list of current feature requests:

1) Separate tab in the DNotesVault for Retirement accounts
   2) Create a retirement account, similar to creating a regular address/account in the vault
   3) Lock out feature to allow users to basically 'timed send' themselves a retirement fund (lump sum or broken into a payment structure)
   4) Track USD value of deposits, as they are deposited, as well as current USD value of their DNotes (withdrawals may pose a bit of a problem with this feature, if a user withdraws from a retirement account)

I need everyone's input. Quote this post and leave your comments, yes you want them or not necessary and any other suggestions you may have.

All the features sound great.  Is is possible (or a good idea?) to have a running balance of the funds that have been deposited specifically for retirement, similar to the Vault balance?  Or possibly the number of retirement accounts or addresses?  Maybe both the balance and number of accounts?  I was thinking what a great show of faith and support that would be in the long term potential of DNotes.  Just a thought.

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." -Albert Einstein-

DNotes EDU – Cryptocurrency Education For All – Accomplishments of 2018
Dyna
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1060

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 07:35:14 PM

Let's make the deadline for feature requests for the CR.I.S.P. for Retirement program initial launch: Sunday, January 25th. Here is the list of current feature requests:

2) Create a retirement account, similar to creating a regular address/account in the vault
   3) Lock out feature to allow users to basically 'timed send' themselves a retirement fund (lump sum or broken into a payment structure)
   4) Track USD value of deposits, as they are deposited, as well as current USD value of their DNotes (withdrawals may pose a bit of a problem with this feature, if a user withdraws from a retirement account)

I need everyone's input. Quote this post and leave your comments, yes you want them or not necessary and any other suggestions you may have.

All the features sound great.  Is is possible (or a good idea?) to have a running balance of the funds that have been deposited specifically for retirement, similar to the Vault balance?  Or possibly the number of retirement accounts or addresses?  Maybe both the balance and number of accounts?  I was thinking what a great show of faith and support that would be in the long term potential of DNotes.  Just a thought.

Chase, absolutely. Each individual retirement account information display value remains private and only the account/password owner can view it. However, the database collects the aggregate current and accumulative total at our disposal to display various data we consider important. This can include total number of retirement accounts, total deposit, performance % gain/loss, industry comparables and others. I am not ready to drive our Dev. team crazy, and so, will point out that feature up grade can be expected over time.

We can also expect that we will be pushing very hard for IRA tax deferred status at the appropriate time. The site itself will likely be substantially upgraded in the future to include many other features and services. That is part of our growth path.
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1111

DNotes

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2015, 07:42:28 PM

Chase, absolutely. Each individual retirement account information display value remains private and only the account/password owner can view it. However, the database collects the aggregate current and accumulative total at our disposal to display various data we consider important. This can include total number of retirement accounts, total deposit, performance % gain/loss, industry comparables and others. I am not ready to drive our Dev. team crazy, and so, will point out that feature up grade can be expected over time.

We can also expect that we will be pushing very hard for IRA tax deferred status at the appropriate time. The site itself will likely be substantially upgraded in the future to include many other features and services. That is part of our growth path.

That is another great suggestion Chase!

SmokeysGardens

Activity: 157
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 23, 2015, 05:24:07 AM

Looks like we lost a few good posts..........TeeGee.........I think you lost the same very informative, great post TWICE!!! Ouch.....

Smokey
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2015, 05:29:43 AM

That is another great suggestion Chase!

Please note the quotes are from a lost post, posted by mafort1469.

"I would like to add a 4th and that being a beneficiary if something happens to original investor and length of time no activity in the vault before contact is made to beneficiary (sig. other, spouse, children, etc. might not know about investment)."

Beneficiary has been a topic of debate for us. We all agree some form of beneficiary is a great idea, but it does pose a few challenges:

-Our contact with the account holder is via email. If a user doesn't log into their account for x amount of time, we need to contact them via email and ask them to essentially confirm they are still able to manage their account, which is where we run into the first problem. People change, lose, and stop checking their email constantly. For instance, 17% of Americans create a new email address every 6 months and 30% change their email annually. From these statistics alone, 30% of our members will likely wind up with their beneficiary being contacted yearly.
Source: http://www.convinceandconvert.com/convince-convert/15-email-statistics-that-are-shaping-the-future/

-The next problem is how do we contact the beneficiary. Based on the content, we may or may not slip through the regulations outlined in the CAN-SPAM act (http://www.ftc.gov/tips-advice/business-center/can-spam-act-compliance-guide-business). At a $16,000 per email fine, we need to be sure. We could contact them via snail mail, but based on the figures in the last point, if we have 1,000,000 users we could wind up sending out hundreds of thousands of letters every year (This would likely be a viable option in the future).

The only solution I have come up with is a beneficiary must be an account holder at the DNotesVault. This ensures we have the right to email the beneficiary without issues and allow us to keep the process automated. Does that sound like a reasonable requirement?

Also, the only thing we would be doing is notifying the beneficiary. Using this process, we would still need legal documentation the account holder has passed and they are the rightful recipient. It may include the need for a court order authorizing the ownership transfer depending on the regulatory guidance on the transfer of digital property at that time.

What is the length of time to constitute "no activity" 1,2,3,4, or 5 years?
How many days should be given to original owner to constitute "no response" before contacting the beneficiary? 30 or 60 days?

"PS. And a 5th for some standard growth charts (put in 100 Dnotes/month then ~worth in 10,20 years with ~value increases). Hmm difficult i know, but would add benefit/interest if people could actually see what they could have in 10,20 years."

Would this be like a retirement calculator?

"PSS. I have numerous others coins, but liking DNotes so much now I just might convert what I have to attain 10%-20% in DNotes holdings. Keep up the good work everyone!!!"

Glad to hear you will be purchasing DNotes! Thank you for your support.

These are great suggestions.

TeeGee

Activity: 846
Merit: 535

View Profile
January 23, 2015, 05:31:16 AM

Looks like we lost a few good posts..........TeeGee.........I think you lost the same very informative, great post TWICE!!! Ouch.....

Smokey

Ohhh, but the gods that wrote the law of averages says that i'm lucky today, and that I have an open window of the forum before the forum crash that I can copy and paste from to re-post. Smiley

No bitcointalk.org ruined my night yesterday ha.

qiwoman2
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1023

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
January 23, 2015, 06:16:12 AM

Thank you Dyna for narrating the lovely story about your Mother. That really brought things home to me and I know what's it's like to struggle.  She has done a great job of raising a good Son may She rest in peace.  Smiley

About the CR.IS.P for retirement will peeps be able to set the date of their retirement? Will it be for a certain time or certain age when people can get their retirement earnings? Also when would yo like me to make a nice blog post, before or after the Press release?  Smiley I am back to work now..

█▀█ █ █▄▀ █▀█ █▀ ░ █▀▀ ▄▀█ █▀ █░█
█▄█ █ █░█ █▄█ ▄█ ▄ █▄▄ █▀█ ▄█ █▀█

DeFi on Tron
and trustless token exchange
█████

█████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

JOIN OIKOS

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
█████
neleonele

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

member of GameCredits Dev team

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2015, 12:50:54 PM

Good day everyone here,

This CRISP is really awesome,i am talk around my circles of people and i saw lot of friends there on cryptomums forum.

They are people who are not involved in cryptos,but everybody hear something about BTC,so they are hoping they arent late.

Retirement program will be much interesting  for people without kids,so i personaly expected huge number of people waiting to join CRISP.

Keep us in good way.Thank you for that.

Kindly regards

Nele

Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
January 23, 2015, 01:42:38 PM

Smokey

Ohhh, but the gods that wrote the law of averages says that i'm lucky today, and that I have an open window of the forum before the forum crash that I can copy and paste from to re-post. Smiley

Certainly good to have bitcointalk back up and running. It was frustrating not to be able to communicate through this channel for almost two days. The good part for me was that I was able to spend some serious time on another project and did a good amount of writing.

Please comment on the following post from CryptoBroker79.

General Discussion / Bitcointalk Down
CryptoMoms:
« Last post by CryptoBroker79 on Today at 02:17:54 AM »

Hello everyone, like many of you I rely mainly on Bitcointalk to stay up to date with DNotes. This is one heavily centralized aspect most cryptocurrencies have in common. We need to diversify our lines of communication, so the next time bitcointalk goes down we have an alternate place to continue the discussion. This incident demonstrates the importance of a site like CryptoMoms to DNotes success.

What do you think?
Chase
Legendary

View Profile
January 23, 2015, 03:26:01 PM

Smokey

Certainly good to have bitcointalk back up and running. It was frustrating not to be able to communicate through this channel for almost two days. The good part for me was that I was able to spend some serious time on another project and did a good amount of writing.

Please comment on the following post from CryptoBroker79.

General Discussion / Bitcointalk Down
CryptoMoms:
« Last post by CryptoBroker79 on Today at 02:17:54 AM »

Hello everyone, like many of you I rely mainly on Bitcointalk to stay up to date with DNotes. This is one heavily centralized aspect most cryptocurrencies have in common. We need to diversify our lines of communication, so the next time bitcointalk goes down we have an alternate place to continue the discussion. This incident demonstrates the importance of a site like CryptoMoms to DNotes success.

What do you think?

I think that is a great idea.  Everyone is busy, so if you only have a few minutes to check in and see what's going on, Bitcointalk being down is definitely frustrating.  Moving the conversation to CryptoMoms is a also a good show of support for the site.

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." -Albert Einstein-

Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
January 23, 2015, 04:34:17 PM

Thank you Dyna for narrating the lovely story about your Mother. That really brought things home to me and I know what's it's like to struggle.  She has done a great job of raising a good Son may She rest in peace.  Smiley

About the CR.IS.P for retirement will peeps be able to set the date of their retirement? Will it be for a certain time or certain age when people can get their retirement earnings? Also when would yo like me to make a nice blog post, before or after the Press release?  Smiley I am back to work now..

I have always been very proud of my mother. She is still a driving force of my positive mindset, believe system and guiding principles. As I get older, I am beginning to realize that I see a lot of things differently and react to them differently, because my mother did. It was not about how little we had but how well could make the best use of the precious little at our disposal. It was not about how few opportunities we had but how hard we were willing to work to make every endeavor a success. She raised 6 boys and 2 girls. At one time we all had our own business.

Technically. we have already officially launched our CR.I.S.P. programs. Each one to follow is an extension of the CR.I.S.P. family. We will have a press release for each individual roll-out. In the mean time it is perfectly fine to blog about them.

CR.I.S.P for retirement will start out as an unstructured and self-directed retirement savings account using only DNotes as the saving vehicle. We can have a list of recommendations to help preserve the primary objectives of the retirement savings. But we do not have any enforcement authority over account holders.

We envision that at some point in the future, there will be a managed CR.I.S.P. for retirement, like a IRA or 401 K. that will have expanded investment choices beyond just DNotes. All contributions would be tax deferred, allowing for payroll deduction and direct deposit to the retirement account at DNotesVault. It is also conceivable that that existing unstructured and self-directed CR.I.S.P. could roll-over into a ROTH IRA. At such time, rules and regulations will apply. We are visionaries and way ahead of regulations. We will also be way ahead of our competitors and may have something many banks would love to have.

By consistently taking DNotes down a different path DNotes is beginning to clearly differentiate itself from our industry peers. We are creating solid growth potentials to ensure that DNotes will continue to deliver reliable long term appreciation. A very large number of CR.I.S.P. accounts will make DNotes quite valuable with many banks interested to be our friends.

My mother told us many times, if you wanted to raise some fat pigs so that you can make the most money selling them, be sure to raise more than one, so that they are not being picky on what you feed them. Competition is good; if you don’t get your share when there is still plenty to go around, it may not be available to you at the time you wish you had some. When one banker discovered DNotes one day, many other bankers would want to participate, least they miss out their share. That day may not be that many years away. DNotes is digital money. If you just follow the money it is easy to understand what DNotes is trying to accomplish.
Youghoor

Activity: 1036
Merit: 275

View Profile
January 23, 2015, 04:39:22 PM

DNotes will also rise as the price of the BTC will rise.
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
January 23, 2015, 05:23:14 PM
Last edit: January 23, 2015, 06:14:13 PM by Dyna

Good day everyone here,

This CRISP is really awesome,i am talk around my circles of people and i saw lot of friends there on cryptomums forum.

They are people who are not involved in cryptos,but everybody hear something about BTC,so they are hoping they arent late.

Retirement program will be much interesting  for people without kids,so i personaly expected huge number of people waiting to join CRISP.

Keep us in good way.Thank you for that.

Kindly regards

Nele

Hi Nele. It is always a delight to hear from you. We noticed that you have introduced DNotes to quite a few of your friends. We appreciate that very much and trust that the success of DNotes will be of great mutual benefits to a lot of people around the world one day.

An interesting concept struck me while reading your post. Our large family of CR.I.S.Ps. are meant for a large spectrum of people with one ultimate goal; better financial freedom to protect ourselves and those we love.

Specifically, CR.I.S.P. for Kids is like a life insurance policy. One continues to pay the monthly premium not for the benefits of oneself, but for the benefits of those you love and left behind. Wow that makes even more sense to me now than before.

Young moms and dads, just think about this. If you believe in paying $20 a month on a life insurance policy to protect the financial freedom of your family, $10 per month invested in CR.I.S.P. for kids will make it a greatly improved package for someone you love, in case something should happen to you.  What to you all think? Please comment.

Of course, CR.I.S.P. for Retirement is for you. Unless, you are among the top 10% in terms of net worth, there are many justifiable concerns that most of us have not saved enough for our retirement. I recall Chase mentioning the high cost of long term care which more than 50% of seniors ended up needing. Lots of shocking statistics if someone could do some research on that and make a post.
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
January 23, 2015, 05:57:00 PM
Last edit: January 23, 2015, 06:19:35 PM by Dyna

DNotes will also rise as the price of the BTC will rise.

You are absolutely correct, Youghhoor. As you can see below, I shared the same opinion at CryptoMoms yesterday when bitcointalk forum was down.

I am quite certain that Bitcoin will be back above $300 before the end of 1st quarter, 2015.

Since I am in a prediction mood, I am predicting that DNotes will be a Coinmarketcap top 20s before the end of 2015. Our ultimate goal is to be a Coinmarketcap top 10s.

As always, we only claim credit if it is sustainable. As of today, DNotes is a Coinmarketcap top 40s or 35s if you want to stretch it.

From CryptoMoms Forum:
General Discussion / Re: BREAKING NEWS
« Last post by Shepherd on Today at 04:16:36 AM »

Those pedictions may not be that far out. DNotes should continue its up trend based on merits and will capture additional gains as the value of Bitcoin recovers. Our CR.I.S.P. holders could be in a great position for many years to come.

Bitcoin's Price Over Next 3 Years - Survey Results Released

by Amanda B. Johnson @ 2015-01-22 11:28 AM

Hedgeable, a digital wealth manager founded in 2009, asked 300 members of the Bitcoin community for one, two, and three-year price predictions earlier this month. They asked respondents to categorize themselves as entrepreneurs, Bitcoin enthusiasts, traders, VC/Angel investors or media.

The results were as follows:

Median 1 Year Estimate: US$377
Median 2 Year Estimate: US$600
Median 3 Year Estimate: US$1,453

Read more:

http://cointelegraph.com/news/113339/bitcoins-price-over-next-3-years-survey-results-released
RJF

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

Online since '89...

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2015, 06:19:05 PM

I think we should introduce CR.I.S.P. for Retirement as designed to this point. All the details about beneficiaries and contact times and emails can be discussed at length as we monitor the deposits and users. I'm sure there will be suggestions form those users and, we can pole them as to their preferences for future expansion as well.

DNotesVault
“First, they ignore you. Then, they laugh at you. Then, they fight you. Then you win!” – Mahatma Gandhi 
Prepare for your future now, check out CRISP For Retirement and our complete family of CRISP savings plans.
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
January 23, 2015, 06:48:17 PM

I think we should introduce CR.I.S.P. for Retirement as designed to this point. All the details about beneficiaries and contact times and emails can be discussed at length as we monitor the deposits and users. I'm sure there will be suggestions form those users and, we can pole them as to their preferences for future expansion as well.

I will not be opposed to that. There is great value to start out being simple, secure and easy to understand. To protect your investment for you beneficiaries, it is most effective and highly recommended that you include that in your will, at a minimum, by adding a signed and witnessed addendum, or execute a new will, if you do not already have one.

When we have a managed retirement account (verse unstructured and self-directed) in the future, a lot of rules and features will be in place in order to meet regulatory requirements governing retirement savings account. They will also be managed by a team of professionals who already have the full knowledge and infrastructure in place. However, a management fees will be charged. Think of it as the IRA, 401 K and Roth IRA we have today. My apology to those who are not familiar with the US retirement programs. You can easily google those search terms to find out more, if you are interested.
Chase
Legendary

View Profile
January 23, 2015, 07:23:28 PM

"Winklevoss Twins Plan Regulated US Bitcoin Exchange"

"The Winklevoss brothers have revealed plans for a fully-regulated US bitcoin exchange called Gemini, saying they will be financing the venture from their own pockets."

"The exchange is "New York born and bred", according to its website, and works only with American banks so "your dollars never leave the country".

Compliance is also a key marketing feature. The site promises the company will launch "in full compliance with all bitcoin regulations and consumer protection laws".

The brothers have hired engineers from top hedge funds and built at least relationship with a New York State-chartered bank, according to The New York Times."

http://www.coindesk.com/winklevoss-twins-plan-regulated-us-bitcoin-exchange/

CryptoBroker79

Activity: 493

View Profile
January 23, 2015, 09:27:52 PM

Just a reminder to everyone, there is a great forum at www.cryptomoms.com that would be a means of communication if bitcointalk goes down again. The only problem is, we need to start copying some of the conversation from here to cryptomoms, if it is to stay relevant. What do you guys think?
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2015, 10:03:27 PM

Just a reminder to everyone, there is a great forum at www.cryptomoms.com that would be a means of communication if bitcointalk goes down again. The only problem is, we need to start copying some of the conversation from here to cryptomoms, if it is to stay relevant. What do you guys think?

Absolutely. This may be a good source of reference in case it does:
http://www.data321.net/1w6xe_uqu__nw_2vu19_6w_frgimm_D3300

Also, I loosely save print version every so often:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=printpage;topic=470155.0

CryptoBroker79

Activity: 493

View Profile
January 23, 2015, 11:19:44 PM

Absolutely. This may be a good source of reference in case it does:
http://www.data321.net/1w6xe_uqu__nw_2vu19_6w_frgimm_D3300

Also, I loosely save print version every so often:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=printpage;topic=470155.0

Very cool, thanks for the information.
Pages: « 1 ... 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 [163] 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 ... 515 »
  Print  

Jump to: