Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 07:05:30 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 [185] 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 ... 515 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][NOTE]DNotes - Celebrating DNotes 3rd Birthday - Forum Now Open  (Read 814496 times)
mafort1469

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 14, 2015, 07:16:56 PM

Yes, my vote is the second one also. Wow those are great. Good work!

DNotes on the brain. LOL.
Chase
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

View Profile
February 14, 2015, 07:24:24 PM

They are all great, but my favorite is #3.

Is #2 DNotes on the brain or the guy wondering how many DNotes it would take to buy some hair?? Grin

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." -Albert Einstein-

DNotes EDU – Cryptocurrency Education For All – Accomplishments of 2018
RJF

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

Online since '89...

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2015, 07:42:12 PM

Is #2 DNotes on the brain or the guy wondering how many DNotes it would take to buy some hair?? Grin

Thinking about retirement? Keep DNotes in mind...

DNotesVault
“First, they ignore you. Then, they laugh at you. Then, they fight you. Then you win!” – Mahatma Gandhi 
Prepare for your future now, check out CRISP For Retirement and our complete family of CRISP savings plans.
Dyna
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1060

View Profile
February 14, 2015, 07:54:47 PM

Thank you infovortice2013! We really appreciate your help promoting DNotes to the Spanish community! It would probably be best to use the standard DNotes coin logo for branding purposes.

ok, i make some pics to spam over social media next days hope you like it

Great job.

Try # 2 with:         I can finally see my Retirement in the Horizon   (Replace top)

(Keep picture, keep DNotes logo on head)

CRISP For Retirement  (bottom center)
                                         DNotesVault.com

It's the funny side that people will remember. And the curious will try to find out what is CRISP about. Could be very effective.

Chase
Legendary

View Profile
February 14, 2015, 08:13:57 PM

infovortice, they are all awesome and I hope everyone understands my post was a joke. Wink

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." -Albert Einstein-

Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
February 14, 2015, 08:25:13 PM

infovortice, they are all awesome and I hope everyone understands my post was a joke. Wink

Chase, you were very funny. I couldn't stop laughing.
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1111

DNotes

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2015, 08:53:03 PM

Happiness is: Opening an old Dnotes Wallet and finding 295 coins lol  Grin

Double your happiness, take a peak in your wallet Cheesy

Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
February 14, 2015, 09:06:28 PM

This is a dated article but very positive and objective. I have been having a hard time finding positive and meaningful articles on digital currency lately and hence, selected this one with my comments:

Quote from: Bank of Canada Senior Deputy Governor Carolyn Wilkins:

"What we find is that adoption of e-money is exactly like the tango - it takes two. Buyers need to decide whether to use the new payment method while sellers need to decide whether they’ll accept it. It turns out that it’s the seller’s side that leads the dance; if there is a large enough fraction of sellers accepting new payment methods, more and more buyers are prompted to use them, eventually leading to complete adoption on both sides. In the case of Bitcoin, not many people want to dance." She went on to explain  that this, “is due to the fact that Bitcoin has "serious flaws when it comes to satisfying the three main characteristics of money."

She was referring to the three functions of money being: 1) unit of account, 2) store of value, and 3) medium of exchange. I have provided extensive coverage on this subject beginning on page 105 of this forum in case you are interested: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=470155.2080

I suspect that her concern about Bitcoin’s serious flaws is due to Bitcoin high volatilities making it a poor store of value and a risky medium of exchange with high potential currency loss. Hedging could minimize these serious flaws, but it is costly, without sufficient advantages from other sources to offset it.

Miss Wilkins went on to say, "If e-money denominated in Canadian dollars were to significantly replace bank notes, there are some options that the central bank could take so as to be in a position to intervene in markets or be the lender of last resort."

To conclude, Wilkins said that while 'e-money' offered many benefits, these technologies are "circumventing our old models of payment," and have developed "new risks" that could dramatically affect the Canadian financial system as a whole.”

It is most encouraging to learn that she did not rule out the possibility that digital currency could significantly replace bank notes. That has been DNotes’ position. It will not replace fiat currency but significantly supplement it on a global scale. The potential is straggling.

Bit-Curious? Bank of Canada Flirts with Bitcoin despite ‘New Risks’ to Status Quo

by Diana Ngo @ 2014-11-14 11:54 AM
http://cointelegraph.com/news/112922/bit-curious-bank-of-canada-flirts-with-bitcoin-despite-new-risks-to-status-quo

On November 13, Bank of Canada Senior Deputy Governor Carolyn Wilkins gave a speech at Wilfrid Laurier University in Waterloo, Ontario, on 'Money in a Digital World,' where she tackled the topic of 'e-money,' dissecting both the benefits and risks of such innovations, and said that Canada's central bank was "undertaking research on the potential merits of issuing e-money."

"There are two types of e-money that I want to talk about today," started Wilkins. "The first type is denominated in a national currency, and it represents a claim on the issuer. The second type of e-money is cryptocurrency - such as Bitcoin. This type of e-money is not denominated in any national currency and so has its own unit of account."

She continued,
"It is also completely decentralized and does not represent a claim on the issuer. This is the revolutionary part of cryptocurrencies - transactions can be validated without a trusted third party."

Mentioning the case of Kenyans and M-Pesas, the Senior Deputy Governor said that while e-money was particular popular in developed countries where relatively fewer people have access to banking services, cryptocurrencies have yet to gain much traction with people making purchases in Canada.

Taking the figurative example of the tango, she argued, "What we find is that adoption of e-money is exactly like the tango - it takes two. Buyers need to decide whether to use the new payment method while sellers need to decide whether they’ll accept it. It turns out that it’s the seller’s side that leads the dance; if there is a large enough fraction of sellers accepting new payment methods, more and more buyers are prompted to use them, eventually leading to complete adoption on both sides. In the case of Bitcoin, not many people want to dance."

This trend, she explained, is due to the fact that Bitcoin has "serious flaws when it comes to satisfying the three main characteristics of money." Thus, the Bank of Canada views Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies as investment products rather than money, and she noted that "any resulting gains or losses could be taxable income that must be reported."

Even though 'e-money' is not big enough to pose any risk to Canada's financial stability, the central bank is "watching developments closely."

She added, "The federal government also is undertaking a review of payment systems in Canada to ensure that the degree of regulation of payment systems and methods is appropriate."

And while cryptocurrencies offer many benefits such as costs reduction, and increased privacy, the Senior Deputy Governor argued there are many risks from which people needed to be aware of. These risks, she said, include the fact that cryptocurrencies are "lightly regulated with limited or no user protection," the exposure to theft, fraud and loss, when trusting a third party such as an exchange or a Bitcoin wallet company, and finally, the fact that cryptocurrencies can be used for money laundering, terrorist financing, and other criminal activities.

In the potentiality that cryptocurrencies were to gain widespread acceptance, "there would be implications for the central bank," said Wilkins.

She explained, "In the unlikely situation in which cryptocurrencies were used broadly, a significant proportion of economic transactions would not be denominated in Canadian dollars. This would reduce the Bank’s ability to influence macroeconomic activity through Canadian interest rates.

"If e-money denominated in Canadian dollars were to significantly replace bank notes, there are some options that the central bank could take so as to be in a position to intervene in markets or be the lender of last resort."

To conclude, Wilkins said that while 'e-money' offered many benefits, these technologies are "circumventing our old models of payment," and have developed "new risks" that could dramatically affect the Canadian financial system as a whole.

Thus, she said, "the federal government, with the Bank's help, is modernizing the oversight frameworks for payments," and "the Bank is also undertaking research on the potential merits of issuing e-money."
The Bank of Canada is said to be "working through the tough issues," in order to "support the benefits of innovation, while safeguarding the integrity of Canada's money and payment systems and, ultimately, financial stability."

In all these articles, good and bad, there seems to still be a lack of understanding exactly what Bitcoin et al, really is. Financial "experts" treat it as a token rather than a complete financial system. Granted, it has the ability to be both as well as a commodity but, truth be said, Bitcoin is a fully functional financial system with a digital "token" being the Bitcoin unit itself. It's a matter of semantics, call it what you want, it's a two part system at it's core.

This is how I see it anyway and until a global consensus is reached, we will have volatility and varying levels of adoption. DNotes has the ability to stem this problem by fully defining itself and it's included parts. I would say the following apply.

1. DNotes is a financial system and store of transferable value.
2. DNotes is a currency.
3. DNotes is a token within the currency.
4. DNotes can ACT as a commodity if needed.

We need to define how these individual constructs make up a complete system that can function world wide. What I'm getting at here is something much more than "Bitcoin" and buying trinkets on line. This overall view of Bitcoin right now is fragmented into many pieces and directions. A solid financial system with a well defined purpose and use can make much headway in the adoption arena.

SO, my point is simply, DNotes can be something more than the sum of it's parts. I'm not saying Bitcoin can't be but, Bitcoin is quickly getting locked into it's roles both good and bad, and will not be able to fulfill all the roles it's being asked to play. If we can set out clear guidelines and purposes for DNotes now we have a great chance to fill those roles in the future. Perhaps it's time to define digital currency as a whole new form of exchange of value which can be spent, saved, invested, used as a global transfer medium, used to convey value in all transactions, and most important, used by ANYONE.

And, we must avoid over complicating the issue. K.I.S.S. applies here is a big way. Some of the things needed to make this work:

1. No bars to entry.
2. Ease of exchange
3. Steady/appreciating value.
4. Clear method of transfer and use.
5. Easy secure storage

We already have some of these in play. Oh well, just my rambling 2 cents worth as I sit here at the Museum and watch the temp drop and the snow swirl...

RJF, your points are well taken and they are worth a lot more than 2 cents, I mean 2 DNotes. DNotes has been defining itself by showing, not claiming or telling, and one thing at a time. 1. Unit of account - no one should challenge that. DNotes is worth 4000 sat each, more or less.  2. Store of value - it has been better than gold or USD and better than any other crypto currency I know of. 3. Medium of exchange - working on it. In another two years DNotes will not only fulfill every function of money but much more. That is how DNotes will be defined.

At this point, is DNotes a currency? It is or it will be if that makes someone happier. Is a loaf of bread dough in the oven a loaf of bread? Well, what do you think?

DNotes, CryptoMoms, DNotesVault and our family of CRISPs are all strategically linked. They move as a battle group. It is a gathering force that will be more noticeable over time. Given the time, it will be overwhelming and well worth our contributions.

MinermanNC
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 14, 2015, 09:07:47 PM

Happiness is: Opening an old Dnotes Wallet and finding 295 coins lol  Grin

Double your happiness, take a peak in your wallet Cheesy
My wallet is just a smiling today  Wink (and so am I) lol

TY so much!!!

*BTC: 1DiR25SPo84sThzTATr27EZEQZLt6hv6tG
infovortice2013
Legendary

Activity: 1176

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2015, 11:53:50 PM
Last edit: February 15, 2015, 12:33:17 AM by infovortice2013

jajaja im happy yours like pics, go another round little changes

Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
February 15, 2015, 12:07:29 AM

Just a little History:
Page 35
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=470155.680

e: [ANN][NOTE]DNotes - LAUNCHED!!! - Cryptocurrency of the Future
February 25, 2014, 03:02:49 AM      #686

DNotes will be one week old tomorrow (February 25, 2014). We are most appreciative of the tremendous support and confidence you have given us. This is just the first baby step. For DNotes to truly be the currency of the future, it must take a different path to create a new culture of equal opportunity, trust and fairness to all, irrespective of their capabilities and resources. Building a strong community with a very large number of stakeholders throughout the world in an environment sufficiently comfortable and favorable to assist and trade with one another, is one of many building blocks in our road map. This is not just another "marketing coin" as some have suggested.  However, our "Rule of Engagement" is "Do Not Engage". It is more productive for us stay focused in systematically executing our strategic plan to the benefits of all of our stake holders than to win over a few non-believers. For those who are interested in getting a better understanding of our business, follow our postings closely. We invite you to re-post them in part or in full as you feel appropriate.  The true value of DNotes is in the future. We are committed to working collectively with you to increase the asset value of DNotes for the long-term.

We will be launching a large scale promotion to get DNotes into the hands of many utilizing a single use faucet and incorporating a DNotes tip bot on Reddit, which will be announced as soon it is finalized and tested successfully.
infovortice2013
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2015, 12:15:53 AM

Just a little History:
Page 35

February 25, 2014, 03:02:49 AM      #686

DNotes will be one week old tomorrow (February 25, 2014). We are most appreciative of the tremendous support and confidence you have given us. This is just the first baby step. For DNotes to truly be the currency of the future, it must take a different path to create a new culture of equal opportunity, trust and fairness to all, irrespective of their capabilities and resources. Building a strong community with a very large number of stakeholders throughout the world in an environment sufficiently comfortable and favorable to assist and trade with one another, is one of many building blocks in our road map. This is not just another "marketing coin" as some have suggested.  However, our "Rule of Engagement" is "Do Not Engage". It is more productive for us stay focused in systematically executing our strategic plan to the benefits of all of our stake holders than to win over a few non-believers. For those who are interested in getting a better understanding of our business, follow our postings closely. We invite you to re-post them in part or in full as you feel appropriate.  The true value of DNotes is in the future. We are committed to working collectively with you to increase the asset value of DNotes for the long-term.

We will be launching a large scale promotion to get DNotes into the hands of many utilizing a single use faucet and incorporating a DNotes tip bot on Reddit, which will be announced as soon it is finalized and tested successfully.

+1

you like remaked pic Dyna?, im without photoshop so reduced capabilitys but go on

Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
February 15, 2015, 12:18:03 AM

Excellent job, infovortice2013.

I love the revised "I CAN FEEL MY RETIREMENT PLAN".
infovortice2013
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2015, 12:18:44 AM

Excellent job, infovortice2013.

I love the revised "I CAN FEEL MY RETIREMENT PLAN".

yuju!  Tongue
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
February 15, 2015, 01:01:14 AM
Last edit: February 15, 2015, 01:25:15 AM by Dyna

Just a little History:
Page 35

February 25, 2014, 03:02:49 AM      #686

DNotes will be one week old tomorrow (February 25, 2014). We are most appreciative of the tremendous support and confidence you have given us. This is just the first baby step. For DNotes to truly be the currency of the future, it must take a different path to create a new culture of equal opportunity, trust and fairness to all, irrespective of their capabilities and resources. Building a strong community with a very large number of stakeholders throughout the world in an environment sufficiently comfortable and favorable to assist and trade with one another, is one of many building blocks in our road map. This is not just another "marketing coin" as some have suggested.  However, our "Rule of Engagement" is "Do Not Engage". It is more productive for us stay focused in systematically executing our strategic plan to the benefits of all of our stake holders than to win over a few non-believers. For those who are interested in getting a better understanding of our business, follow our postings closely. We invite you to re-post them in part or in full as you feel appropriate.  The true value of DNotes is in the future. We are committed to working collectively with you to increase the asset value of DNotes for the long-term.

+1

you like remaked pic Dyna?, im without photoshop so reduced capabilitys but go on

I like "I CAN FEEL MY RETIREMENT PLAN" remaked pic very much". That is my top pick.
Chase
Legendary

View Profile
February 15, 2015, 01:30:43 AM

Just a little History:
Page 35

February 25, 2014, 03:02:49 AM      #686

DNotes will be one week old tomorrow (February 25, 2014). We are most appreciative of the tremendous support and confidence you have given us. This is just the first baby step. For DNotes to truly be the currency of the future, it must take a different path to create a new culture of equal opportunity, trust and fairness to all, irrespective of their capabilities and resources. Building a strong community with a very large number of stakeholders throughout the world in an environment sufficiently comfortable and favorable to assist and trade with one another, is one of many building blocks in our road map. This is not just another "marketing coin" as some have suggested.  However, our "Rule of Engagement" is "Do Not Engage". It is more productive for us stay focused in systematically executing our strategic plan to the benefits of all of our stake holders than to win over a few non-believers. For those who are interested in getting a better understanding of our business, follow our postings closely. We invite you to re-post them in part or in full as you feel appropriate.  The true value of DNotes is in the future.  We are committed to working collectively with you to increase the asset value of DNotes for the long-term.

As year one draws to a close, I would like to thank the DNotes Team for delivering exactly what they promised.  This is a true rarity in cryptocurrency.

kold678

Activity: 240
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 15, 2015, 02:28:12 AM

wow one year since I started mining this coin with a radeon 5850 then 6 xfx 280x and now 2 x6 thunder and a black widow going from 350khs to 56mhs in one year and still going on Dnotes although I have to admit I did wander off and on... but now my resolve is strong and am #2 on dnotes pool and have my dad now 58  right there with 21mhs on only this coin because if there is an alternative to BTC its right here
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
February 15, 2015, 03:13:18 AM
Last edit: February 18, 2015, 03:59:00 PM by Dyna

Just a little history:
Page 38

Quote from Allcoin.com

Re: [ANN][NOTE]DNotes - LAUNCHED!!! - Cryptocurrency of the Future
February 26, 2014, 04:28:14 AM      #714
(First day traded) Unit of Account established.

Guys exchange your NOTE @ https://www.allcoin.com/trade/note_btc

February 27, 2014, 08:02:11 PM      #745

Quote from mikbe:

“I don't get it. Who is that idiot who sells NOTEs a little over 300 satoshi?”

Comments:
DNotes was traded at as low as 28 sat on March 6, 2014 and continued with a trading range of 80 to 100 sat for some time. It is now trading at 4000 sat and has always been the most stable digital currency among over 500 traded crypto currencies. It has consistently created higher highs and higher lows.
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
February 15, 2015, 03:31:04 AM
Last edit: February 15, 2015, 12:01:46 PM by Dyna

Just a little history.
First official post from Dyna

February 28, 2014, 04:38:06 AM

Quote from: mikbe on February 27, 2014, 08:02:11 PM
I don't get it. Who is that idiot who sells NOTEs a little over 300 satoshi?

Quote from Dyna:

Everyone sees value differently. It may be a good thing that some are willing sell low and let others with limited resources to buy in and join our growing community of stake holders. Our strong believers will also have the opportunity to increase their stake.

DNotes is a diamond in the rough for stake holders with patience and appreciation for lasting value. May be not so much for those expecting “pump and dump” so common in the crypto currency world. DNotes’ team has impressed many with a flawless launch and now totally focused in building a strong community with generous giveaways everywhere. Quite refreshing to see a very  dedicated team with strong commitment in creating value for long term stakeholders with no sign of participating in selling (dumping) at Allcoin, the only exchange currently available to trade DNotes.
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
February 15, 2015, 12:14:00 PM

Just a little history.
Breaking News

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-switch/wp/2014/02/26/sen-joe-manchin-calls-for-a-bitcoin-ban-as-regulators-seek-accelerated-push/

Feb 26 2014

Manchin Demands Federal Regulators Ban Bitcoin

Did the Senator know what he was talking about?

That was the Breaking News one week after DNotes was launched.  

“Wow! Good thing we did not spent a fortune developing the DNotes website". Dyna reacted with discouragement. He wondered if the good Senator even know what he was talking about.
Pages: « 1 ... 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 [185] 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 ... 515 »
  Print  

Jump to: