Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 05:35:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 [230] 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 ... 515 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][NOTE]DNotes - Celebrating DNotes 3rd Birthday - Forum Now Open  (Read 814498 times)
RJF

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

Online since '89...

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2015, 05:00:45 PM

Heres an interesting article from a professional on the matter of security or commodity:

"Token Sales and The US' Impressionistic Securities Laws" http://coinde.sk/1MQTV0k via @CoinDesk

It's a good read.

DNotesVault
“First, they ignore you. Then, they laugh at you. Then, they fight you. Then you win!” – Mahatma Gandhi 
Prepare for your future now, check out CRISP For Retirement and our complete family of CRISP savings plans.
Dyna
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1060

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 06:27:21 PM

Heres an interesting article from a professional on the matter of security or commodity:

"Token Sales and The US' Impressionistic Securities Laws" http://coinde.sk/1MQTV0k via @CoinDesk

It's a good read.

This is certainly an interesting read but it did not give me better comfort of legal clarity. I remained deeply concerned about ITO (Initial Token Offering) Crypto Share Companies and Crowdfunding often used in our industry to raise a significant amount of capital. In my opinion the legal risk exposure remain high for both the investors and the organizers involved in raising the capital. In addition, there are serious questions regarding transparency, book keeping and distribution of dividends or profits, if any.

According to Fobes, “On April 5, 2012, a revolutionary avenue of capital formation for small businesses was created when President Obama signed The JOBS Act into law and equity crowdfunding in the United States was born. Entrepreneurs with small businesses were excited by the prospect of using online crowdfunding to raise up to $1 million by selling equity in their company”.

Most unfortunately. as of today, the Securities and Exchange Commission has yet “ to publish regulations and rules that would allow this game-changing law to go into effect”. Hopefully, this will happen early next year.
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 08:12:07 PM

While I don't agree with much of this article, it does raise some interesting points for thought and implications for DNotes.

CAN BITCOIN’S REPUTATION BE SAVED?
https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/can-bitcoins-reputation-saved/

What do you guys think?

Reputation is fluid. Look at cash, anything bad ever happen that involved cash? How about stocks? Perfect? I think not. Remember, the winners write the history books. Even bad reputations can be turned into good ones with the right events and marketing.

We need to win...  Smiley

The author of the article appeared frustrated, for very good reasons. I am sure that many of us are too. Personally, I believe that the problems goes way beyond just the exchanges. I do agree that the Bitcoin Foundation could take a stronger leadership position and that “trust” or the lack of it has been extremely damaging to Bitcoin’s reputation.

As to whether the community should unit and do something about it; my response is an absolute “Yes, certainly”. In fact that is what DNotes has been doing for more than a year now and we welcome everyone to join us to build trust, integrity and a new culture that is significantly more friendly, respectful and inclusive. After all, we all are Bitcoin stakeholders, in addition to DNotes.

Let us briefly revisit an important concept I shared in earlier posts. “Self interest is the main sign post of any individual, family, group, association, state or nation”. That is the inherent behavior of all human beings at its core. Unless there are other more compelling reasons to do otherwise, self interest kicks in instinctively. Decentralization is great when rules are programmed in. Those rules are consistent and apply exactly the same to every one, every time.

Beyond the Bitcoin protocol and the Blockchain, is the human side of Bitcoin, and that becomes significantly more challenging and difficult to navigate as a truly decentralized system. The best argument here is that unlike a legal corporation, Bitcoin is not owned or controlled by a single individual or a group of individuals. In practical terms, should any one tried and succeeded, the value of the currency would collapse. I believe Marc reminded us of the Hunts brothers failed attempt to corner the sugar market some forty years ago.

The question then is could enough Bitcoin stakeholders collectively have the self interest to promote and protect Bitcoin as community before one’s (individual) self interest. That has not been the case and will not likely to be the case. Hope you can appreciate why DNotes was created based on a different model. We promote and protect our community (family) self interest before the individual self interest for the best mutual benefits of everyone who are invested in DNotes for the long term.

The key word here is “long term”, in order to have a better understanding of the risk of rapid price appreciation over short period. The higher the DNotes price shoots up over a short period of time, the higher the temptation for self interest to trump over any other interests. Everyone has as a breaking point. That is for another day. Decentralization is never perfect when it must include the human side to be a component of the total system. That explains why DNotes is managed as a business using the system approach where everything matters.  
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 08:22:14 PM

I will not be available the rest of the day. Please take time to study my last two posts carefully. A good understanding of those issues discussed could go a long way in understanding the state of our industry.
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1111

DNotes

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2015, 09:00:10 PM

There are 2 days left in the CRISP Word Contest and would be great to get a few more entries.  If I have missed any submissions please let me know and I will add them to the post.  Let us know what your favorites are.  Thanks!!  Smiley

Quick reminder, today is the last day for Chase's CRISP Word Contest

Prizes & Rules: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=470155.msg10712392#msg10712392
Latest Entries: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=470155.msg10838422#msg10838422

Chase
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 09:55:42 PM

There are 2 days left in the CRISP Word Contest and would be great to get a few more entries.  If I have missed any submissions please let me know and I will add them to the post.  Let us know what your favorites are.  Thanks!!  Smiley

Prizes & Rules: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=470155.msg10712392#msg10712392
Latest Entries: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=470155.msg10838422#msg10838422

Thank you. Smiley

I will post all the entries in the morning, so everyone still has time to squeeze in one more overnight.  Once they are all posted I would appreciate some community input as to which entries are liked the best.

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." -Albert Einstein-

DNotes EDU – Cryptocurrency Education For All – Accomplishments of 2018
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2015, 11:43:57 PM

Thank you. Smiley

I will post all the entries in the morning, so everyone still has time to squeeze in one more overnight.  Once they are all posted I would appreciate some community input as to which entries are liked the best.

No problem at all Smiley

Will do, figured I would wait till tonight to add my comments.

IMZ
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 23, 2015, 12:27:35 AM
Last edit: March 23, 2015, 12:37:52 AM by IMZ

Not Trolling!!

"[alt coins] are dependent upon bitcoin for [their] final value."

'Price-independence' has been a primary focus of IndiaMikeZulu's work (in tandem with our home-base coin) for a good while; and I would be thrilled to compare notes. It's in the interest of all alts to co-operate in this.

One of our favourite metrics is alt cap versus Btc cap. Does anyone remember that, during The Big Spike in 2013, the percentage of total cap held by alts roared up to 25%? In mid-2014, it had sunk back to 'normal' -- about 2%. Then someone notable happened: it rose to around 20%, and it's stuck there.

And it will tend upward henceforth.

Mark (IndiaMikeZulu), Australia

IMZ
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 23, 2015, 01:26:37 AM

A c t u a l l y . . . it seems silly not to mention it: The first Dnotes trade was made on our in-house exchange on Saturday. Tee Gee is tracking this.

"2015-03-21   cragv   BTC   0.1   Y   IMZ   NOTE   2200   Y   Complete   Reserved for trade per Mar 17 discussion"

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/14hftnJ_crV9flLcUKaPqwEfTLKJme3R8jVeUJtudQSw/edit#gid=495759384

m
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2015, 01:43:02 AM

A c t u a l l y . . . it seems silly not to mention it: The first Dnotes trade was made on our in-house exchange on Saturday. Tee Gee is tracking this.

"2015-03-21   cragv   BTC   0.1   Y   IMZ   NOTE   2200   Y   Complete   Reserved for trade per Mar 17 discussion"

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/14hftnJ_crV9flLcUKaPqwEfTLKJme3R8jVeUJtudQSw/edit#gid=495759384

m

That is great! Cheesy

Thanks for sharing IMZ.

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2015, 03:35:22 AM

The CRISP Word Contest   -Prizes & Rules:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=470155.msg10712392#msg10712392

Thank you everyone for your entries!         Smiley

CRISP Dictionary Definition

kanus1113:     CRISP (Cryptocurrency Investment Savings Plan) - A group of programs designed to aid individuals and groups save digital currency as a long term investment.

infovortice2013: CRISP: We can define CRISP as a Combined Group of online Investing Plans Securiced and 100% backed in coldwallet warrantee.Proffesionaly tutored all the plans are "the first ones"; so CRISP is the most innovating product at his time and is sharing an opportunity for all to join plans that can obtain logaritmic rewards but sure you will earn % interest of each plan.

IMZ:     Phrasal verb: crisp up: 'to gleefully own large amounts of CRISP,' as in 'Wow! I'm CRISPed right up at this point!"

cojack:    Crisparian
[krisp-er-ēən]
noun
An experienced CRISP user.

RJF:      CRISPER
Noun - CRISP generator. Script or series of customer accessible web site commands used to create a CRISP account tailored to their individual needs.
Usage - "I just setup a family account using the CRISPER at DNotesVault.com, you should try it!"

Non-competitive Entries (no prizes):

Dyna:      CRISP is A DNotes Global Initiative.

Cryptobroker79:  CRISP /krisp/

abbreviation
cryptocurrency investment savings plan

noun: CRISP, plural noun: CRISPS

1. -a DNotes global Initiative, designed to bring cryptocurrency to the everyday person.
   -a long term savings plan, using DNotes as the investment vehicle.
   -an alternative to traditional investments, savings, and retirement plans.

verb:CRISP, past tense:CRISPed, present participle:CRISPing

1. set aside wealth for the future.  "I CRISP for my future"
2. previously set up a CRISP.  "sure glad I CRISPed, it's out performed all of my other investments"
3. using a cryptocurrency investment savings plan.  "I've been CRISPing for years now, and my finances have never looked better"

grandmama (having some fun):   CRISPy Critters: I belong to the CRISPy Critters team... and am an animal when is comes to DNotes.     Grin

Chase (also having some fun  Wink):  CRISP Fund Baby
Definition - Modern day replacement of the "trust fund baby".  A child born to, or receiving a gift from, someone with a large amount of DNotes.  The parent or gift giver set up a CRISP for the child when they were born or very young and the child is now able to live off the appreciated value of the CRISP.  While the term "trust fund baby" carries negative connotations of never having to work, the grown up "CRISP fund baby" tends to be hard working and appreciative of what their parents did for them.    Grin

CRISP Customized

infovortice2013:  Can be use for old, young(study), childrens, needs... but i like to see travel plans savers or 2 savatical years found or wherever user selfmake want.

BoscoBlue / RJF / DNotes (Joint Entry):      
Boscoe Blue - Organizations may benefit from using CRISP, where the organizer can customize and contribute to their own CRISP program. For example, employee matching programs.  
RJF - Perhaps, in the future, we could have a "CRISP Generator" where you just plug in the required amounts, fund name and purpose, pick from a list what you want to calculate, etc and submit it for review and possible posting if acceptable. Of course there would be rules and guidelines and the creation process would rely on drop down choices to keep things in line and formatted as DNotes wishes. People could apply for a CRISP Hosting account at the time.
DNotes - Agreed, that sounds like a good idea. An organization would apply for registration. Get their own landing page like ABCOrganization.DNotesVault.com, registrations through that landing page would be tied to that organizations account. As well as an organizational administration panel where they could approve registrations and add 'rules' for accounts tied to that organization, like fund matching or initial sign up bonus. What type of organizations might be interested in something like this?                                    
RJF - I would think the list is long and distinguished. Schools, volunteer Fire/Rescue/OEM, public service such as Rotary, Masons, Optimists, Scout Troops, Charities, etc.  Anybody that wants to offer an incentive for joining, serving or remaining a member.

RJF:  CRISP for Families! Either a CRISP for Families, or a pre-configured generator to create simple family CRISP Plans where Mom or Dad can "plug in" their configuration and comfort level, include their children, and end up with their own, family oriented, savings plan/account all rolled up in one CRISP customized for them.  

With growing distrust in banks and other financial entities and managers, people are starting to take their investments into their own hands, what better way to do this than a DNotes savings plan that you customize for your own needs and expectations? I can foresee a lot of activity with this and that is the main reason a self management system should be developed to take off DNotes developers. And, as always, the chance for much greater than traditional returns is always there.

I think this would be a template for all future CRISP plans if developed with flexibility in mind. Later on we can role crypto currency conversion into the system to allow for the deposit of other coins and their automatic conversion into DNotes being instantly added to your vault.

And keep in mind, unlike groups and businesses, families are free to open accounts as they wish without going through "due process" and loosing time and money waiting.

Non-competitive Entries

Chase:   CRISP For Customer Loyalty:  This would work better, at least at first, on larger purchases like vehicles, appliances, furniture, equipment, etc.  Because you are already sitting down filling out the paperwork on such sales, setting up a CRISP would be simple.  As an incentive to remain loyal to a specific retailer, a small percentage of the sale would go towards establishing, or further contributing to, a CRISP for the customer.  It could evolve to include a point system (which could include major retailers) where a certain amount of points allows you to purchase one DNote.  

Dyna:    By popular demand (if that turns out to be the case) CRISP For 1st Time Home Buyer could be a good idea. A young couple dating, may want to jointly start a CRISP by giving up a fine dining with the saving invested. You guys can expand from there.

CRISP Board Game

kanus1113:      CRISPopoly (lol)  Similar to monopoly, except the objective is... Once the 'exchange' runs out of DNotes, you win the game if you saved the most.  It's a work in progress lol, but you get the picture.

infovortice2013: CRISPers 4 Dnotes

3** CRISPers 4 Dnotes.

BoscoBlue:     How about Digital Life. A spin on the game of life that is all digital and allows opportunities to put money into CRISP accounts?

cojack
CRISP Watch Board Game

My favorite entries are:

CRISP Dictionary Definition - Cryptobroker79
CRISP Customized - Customized or CRISP generator idea, followed by CRISP for Families
CRISP Board Game - Cojack's CRISP Watch Board Game

keemo

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 23, 2015, 10:27:02 AM

On that subject from Dyna,

At this stage it is not likely that Bitcoin can be repositioned to be a sufficiently stable currency.

I agree, BTC is all over the map. Whereas Dnotes has shown a much more stable floor in its short existence. Even now after the last price rise following the 1 year mark, it has yet shown again a new and higher stable floor. And I credit that to the investment strategy for Dnotes.

The biggest problem is now, as with all alt coins is they are dependent upon bitcoin for its final value. Dreaming here a bit, but what could take Dnotes to it own place or store of value" would be to have its own Dnotes Exchange, or even more so a coinbase.com type of US Dollar purchase/sell exchange. From there it could break the chains that bind it to BTC and truly have its own identity.

Would like to even see a dedicated multipool that pays out in Dnotes, similar to iHash.co, xpool.ca,  supernet and alike, Of course its debatable if it helps a coin to have a multipool go to market and covert the days mining into a specific coin for payout. In my mind that open for discussion.

DC  Smiley

We hear you, DC. It does get frustrating sometime for alt coins to be directly linked to the fortune or misfortune of Bitcoin at this time. I don't expect a viable near term solution. We just have to be practical and work hard towards the day when DNotes can stand alone by merits and perhaps an advantage for other currencies to be pegged to DNotes. That is a real possibility but it may be years away.

It is a reasonable statement that no other cryptocurrency is addressing the vital importance of currency stability, trust and integrity as seriously as DNotes. Perhaps we are the only community strongly committed to examine all the issues and focus on total solutions, instead of just pick and choose. Our approach is significantly harder and much more time consuming. Frankly that is what differentiates DNotes from others the most, in fairly significant ways.

DNotes is the only one I have come across to look at cryptocurrency as more than just a technology.

I would have to agree with the fact that DNotes is a lot more than just technology!!

As Dyna has often noted, being more than a technology and having had the foresight to create value propositions beyond just technology leads to a system approach where all functions that a business must eventually undertake have been thought of up-front. Strategic management requires a vision of the future and undertaking of activities "NOW" to materialize that future; not tomorrow or day after but today. A deliberate commitment today where the competition sits on the sidelines or vacillates increases the gap. This is imperceptible in the short run but over long term the gap manifests itself and increases at an alarming rate.

A deliberate design and strategic execution compresses the time it takes to get there. In lieu of such a vision, market forces and incremental trial and error and adoption might finally get you there but it will take time and effort orders of magnitue much larger than if you strategically set about to achieve that state. Hoping to achieve that state by just creating the technology is wishful thinking. Note that a system left unattended will grow in undesirable ways and then you become a slave to that system rather than being master of it.
Chase
Legendary

View Profile
March 23, 2015, 12:27:50 PM

The CRISP Word Contest   - Contest over - Winners announced March 24th!!  Please comment on your favorites. Smiley

Thank you everyone for your entries!         Smiley

kanus1113:     CRISP (Cryptocurrency Investment Savings Plan) - A group of programs designed to aid individuals and groups save digital currency as a long term investment.

infovortice2013: CRISP: We can define CRISP as a Combined Group of online Investing Plans Securiced and 100% backed in coldwallet warrantee.Proffesionaly tutored all the plans are "the first ones"; so CRISP is the most innovating product at his time and is sharing an opportunity for all to join plans that can obtain logaritmic rewards but sure you will earn % interest of each plan.

IMZ:     Phrasal verb: crisp up: 'to gleefully own large amounts of CRISP,' as in 'Wow! I'm CRISPed right up at this point!"

cojack:    Crisparian
[krisp-er-ēən]
noun
An experienced CRISP user.

RJF:      CRISPER
Noun - CRISP generator. Script or series of customer accessible web site commands used to create a CRISP account tailored to their individual needs.
Usage - "I just setup a family account using the CRISPER at DNotesVault.com, you should try it!"

Non-competitive Entries (no prizes):

Dyna:      CRISP is A DNotes Global Initiative.

Cryptobroker79:  CRISP /krisp/

abbreviation
cryptocurrency investment savings plan

noun: CRISP, plural noun: CRISPS

1. -a DNotes global Initiative, designed to bring cryptocurrency to the everyday person.
   -a long term savings plan, using DNotes as the investment vehicle.
   -an alternative to traditional investments, savings, and retirement plans.

verb:CRISP, past tense:CRISPed, present participle:CRISPing

1. set aside wealth for the future.  "I CRISP for my future"
2. previously set up a CRISP.  "sure glad I CRISPed, it's out performed all of my other investments"
3. using a cryptocurrency investment savings plan.  "I've been CRISPing for years now, and my finances have never looked better"

grandmama (having some fun):   CRISPy Critters: I belong to the CRISPy Critters team... and am an animal when is comes to DNotes.     Grin

Chase (also having some fun  Wink):  CRISP Fund Baby
Definition - Modern day replacement of the "trust fund baby".  A child born to, or receiving a gift from, someone with a large amount of DNotes.  The parent or gift giver set up a CRISP for the child when they were born or very young and the child is now able to live off the appreciated value of the CRISP.  While the term "trust fund baby" carries negative connotations of never having to work, the grown up "CRISP fund baby" tends to be hard working and appreciative of what their parents did for them.    Grin

CRISP Customized

infovortice2013:  Can be use for old, young(study), childrens, needs... but i like to see travel plans savers or 2 savatical years found or wherever user selfmake want.

BoscoBlue / RJF / DNotes (Joint Entry):      
Boscoe Blue - Organizations may benefit from using CRISP, where the organizer can customize and contribute to their own CRISP program. For example, employee matching programs.  
RJF - Perhaps, in the future, we could have a "CRISP Generator" where you just plug in the required amounts, fund name and purpose, pick from a list what you want to calculate, etc and submit it for review and possible posting if acceptable. Of course there would be rules and guidelines and the creation process would rely on drop down choices to keep things in line and formatted as DNotes wishes. People could apply for a CRISP Hosting account at the time.
DNotes - Agreed, that sounds like a good idea. An organization would apply for registration. Get their own landing page like ABCOrganization.DNotesVault.com, registrations through that landing page would be tied to that organizations account. As well as an organizational administration panel where they could approve registrations and add 'rules' for accounts tied to that organization, like fund matching or initial sign up bonus. What type of organizations might be interested in something like this?                                    
RJF - I would think the list is long and distinguished. Schools, volunteer Fire/Rescue/OEM, public service such as Rotary, Masons, Optimists, Scout Troops, Charities, etc.  Anybody that wants to offer an incentive for joining, serving or remaining a member.

RJF:  CRISP for Families! Either a CRISP for Families, or a pre-configured generator to create simple family CRISP Plans where Mom or Dad can "plug in" their configuration and comfort level, include their children, and end up with their own, family oriented, savings plan/account all rolled up in one CRISP customized for them.  

With growing distrust in banks and other financial entities and managers, people are starting to take their investments into their own hands, what better way to do this than a DNotes savings plan that you customize for your own needs and expectations? I can foresee a lot of activity with this and that is the main reason a self management system should be developed to take off DNotes developers. And, as always, the chance for much greater than traditional returns is always there.

I think this would be a template for all future CRISP plans if developed with flexibility in mind. Later on we can role crypto currency conversion into the system to allow for the deposit of other coins and their automatic conversion into DNotes being instantly added to your vault.

And keep in mind, unlike groups and businesses, families are free to open accounts as they wish without going through "due process" and loosing time and money waiting.

BoscoBlue:    How about CRISP for Vacation? Could be fun, pay for your vacation in the Bahamas with DNotes  Smiley

TeeGee:     How about a lottery CRISP for Vacation too? People enter by throwing in say 2000 DNotes, and the moment the vacation lottery fund reaches say $5000 USD, whether by price appreciation, or more DNotes triggering the 5k limit - contributors are given a chance to win based on their proportion of the vacation fund they put in. Could be an interesting 'third party' CRISP that a private individual could run as a sort of promotional lottery for DNotes or something.

RJF:  A CRISP generator that can be customized by the user would solve all these equations and give the user whatever they want, within reason and a set of rules of course.

Non-competitive Entries

Chase:   CRISP For Customer Loyalty:  This would work better, at least at first, on larger purchases like vehicles, appliances, furniture, equipment, etc.  Because you are already sitting down filling out the paperwork on such sales, setting up a CRISP would be simple.  As an incentive to remain loyal to a specific retailer, a small percentage of the sale would go towards establishing, or further contributing to, a CRISP for the customer.  It could evolve to include a point system (which could include major retailers) where a certain amount of points allows you to purchase one DNote.  

Dyna:    By popular demand (if that turns out to be the case) CRISP For 1st Time Home Buyer could be a good idea. A young couple dating, may want to jointly start a CRISP by giving up a fine dining with the saving invested. You guys can expand from there.

CRISP Board Game

kanus1113:      CRISPopoly (lol)  Similar to monopoly, except the objective is... Once the 'exchange' runs out of DNotes, you win the game if you saved the most.  It's a work in progress lol, but you get the picture.

infovortice2013: CRISPers 4 Dnotes

3** CRISPers 4 Dnotes.

BoscoBlue:     How about Digital Life. A spin on the game of life that is all digital and allows opportunities to put money into CRISP accounts?

cojack
CRISP Watch Board Game

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." -Albert Einstein-

Chase
Legendary

View Profile
March 23, 2015, 01:48:36 PM

The MasterCard saga continues:

"MasterCard Names Cryptocurrency as Major Competitor in New Report"

"MasterCard's SEC report mentions the word cryptocurrency three different times, and each time, it's under the heading of the word “competition.”

First the report mentions that MasterCard competes against cash, checks, other credit card issuers, wire transfers, mobile payments, and cryptocurrency.

It then goes on to mention cryptocurrency again in its “startup and emerging competitors” category:

“These competitors include digital wallet providers such as PayPal, AliPay and Amazon, merchants. [...]  mobile operator services, services such as mPesa, handset manufacturers, and cryptocurrencies.”

The report mentions cryptocurrency for a third time when it later reads:

“Rapid and significant technological changes could occur, resulting in new and innovative payment methods (including cryptocurrencies) and programs that could place us at a competitive disadvantage and that could reduce the use of MasterCard products.”

Full article and previous video: http://cointelegraph.com/news/113753/mastercard-names-cryptocurrency-as-major-competitor-in-new-report

Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
March 23, 2015, 02:10:16 PM

The MasterCard saga continues:

"MasterCard Names Cryptocurrency as Major Competitor in New Report"

"MasterCard's SEC report mentions the word cryptocurrency three different times, and each time, it's under the heading of the word “competition.”

First the report mentions that MasterCard competes against cash, checks, other credit card issuers, wire transfers, mobile payments, and cryptocurrency.

It then goes on to mention cryptocurrency again in its “startup and emerging competitors” category:

“These competitors include digital wallet providers such as PayPal, AliPay and Amazon, merchants. [...]  mobile operator services, services such as mPesa, handset manufacturers, and cryptocurrencies.”

The report mentions cryptocurrency for a third time when it later reads:

“Rapid and significant technological changes could occur, resulting in new and innovative payment methods (including cryptocurrencies) and programs that could place us at a competitive disadvantage and that could reduce the use of MasterCard products.”

Full article and previous video: http://cointelegraph.com/news/113753/mastercard-names-cryptocurrency-as-major-competitor-in-new-report

I read that. Those are disclosure statements quite typically included in SEC filings and should not be taken at face value. They were included as "disclaimers". None the less, Mastercard is certainly taking Bitcoin and Altcoins more seriously, but may not yet treat then as a clear and present threat.
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
March 23, 2015, 02:13:43 PM

Here are my top picks, which happened to be same as DNotes:

CRISP Customized - Customized or CRISP generator idea, followed by CRISP for Families
kanus1113

Activity: 452
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 23, 2015, 05:07:17 PM

Here are my top picks, which happened to be same as DNotes:

I like these choices as well.

1) Cryptobroker79
2) RJF
3) cojack

CRISP Customized
1) CRISP generator
2) CRISP for Families
3) CRISP for Customer Loyalty

CRISP Board Game
1) cojack
2) infovortice2013
3) BoscBlue
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2015, 06:10:09 PM

Good luck all on the contest Wink

qiwoman2
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1023

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
March 23, 2015, 06:22:39 PM

Good luck all on the contest Wink

ditto, I wish I could have entered too but I had a lot of other running around to do for my Husband's immigration stuff and getting settled here so I wish all the contestants good luck..

█▀█ █ █▄▀ █▀█ █▀ ░ █▀▀ ▄▀█ █▀ █░█
█▄█ █ █░█ █▄█ ▄█ ▄ █▄▄ █▀█ ▄█ █▀█

DeFi on Tron
and trustless token exchange
█████

█████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

JOIN OIKOS

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
█████
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
March 23, 2015, 10:19:16 PM

Hi Everyone,

I am spending the next few days doing a significant amount of research and writing. My posts will be brief and may not be as responsive as I would normally like it to be.

CRISP For Students will be launched early next week. TeeGee has been working on the press release and getting close to completion. He has put in a lot of efforts which we appreciate very much. Once it has gone through our PR for editing and approved for release, I will make a post to let you know. It is likely to be either Monday or Tuesday next week.

For those who have CRISP for Retirement funded, the first interest payment will be credited to your account next week. The total amount on deposit has exceeded our best expectation. That is quite a vote of confidence.

We appreciate Chase's great efforts in the CRISP Word Contest. Thank you for a job well done, Chase.

We also like to extend our thanks and appreciation to Marc who has been quietly working on the CRISP Hand book. It is a lot of work to get it done, but will be very helpful for anyone interested to learn more about of family of CRISPs.
Pages: « 1 ... 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 [230] 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 ... 515 »
  Print  

Jump to: