Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 09:03:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 [62] 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [INFO] Topps Allen & Ginter Reference Thread  (Read 84763 times)
dolphriends

Activity: 1750
Merit: 441

View Profile
June 28, 2019, 05:30:37 AM

Sorry but, what does that mean?Huh
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Fattcatt

Activity: 1916
Merit: 354

View Profile
June 28, 2019, 02:45:43 PM

They are called "Variants", back then the Companies were not $$$ driven, now they are and what we get is a slew of variants. And they ALL have value. Becketts needs to come out with their price guide with the 2018 Topps/Ginter breakdowns, until then, we fly by the seats of our pants. But the REAL thing to remember is: Becketts isn't the end all on price information, long time collectors know this to be true. They have been off, as in way off, so.....take it for what it's worth.  Cry
Fattcatt

View Profile
June 28, 2019, 02:56:28 PM

Sets and box's ALL come from the same place, regarding one as lesser than the other is a lame thing to say. And apparently you don't know what a "cash" is from a "shill", but here you are spreading more crap. The 5x7's are ALL rookie cards as well, 1-10's VERY RARE, & 1-49 STILL very rare. No one need to justify a thing, time will prove that each VARIANT is valuable, and the 5x7's will surprise the shit outta EVERY SINGLE ONE OF US, some day.

Or all of the 5x7 sets. Of which there was a #83 error card, also a 1/1.  And the Jumbo/Poster Topps Cryptocurrency # 1- 100

Gold 5x7 sets were $1400 to buy, and were numbered to 10...these sets cost the bucks, way more than the other sets originally.

Color 5 x 7 sets were $700 to buy, and were numbered to 49...so if these cost a lot more, doesn't it stand to reason that they would also be
so moving forward? Historically speaking.

These are not relevant to this part of the conversation TBH, as they were not found in boxes.... just a straight purchase from topps.  The discussion was about cards found in the boxes, not a shill of what you have sitting in your safe. Wink  Those 5x7s are in the hands of only a couple people.  I don't see the 5x7s doing nearly what the regular cards will do.
Mrstacy
Copper Member

Activity: 1247
Merit: 108

View Profile
June 28, 2019, 03:04:39 PM

In that the whole X product is essentially a parallel. And then within that, you have rare parallels and very rare parallels. The X Base isn't really a base. There could be a lot of Regular Base out there per the link, both first and second pages, whereby someone buys it for $1 thinking they have 'the' crypto rookie card.' Honus never had a parallel because there wasn't two sets, he just was and now is.

The X line is more rare for sure.  Not only that, those "base" cards are black where imperfections stand out, so getting a 9 or 10 is not an easy task.  Case in point, there is only one 10 out of the 20 or so graded for the mini "X".

Our rapidly changing world requires a financial ecosystem that can keep up. Through our innovative technology and philosophy, we’re transforming the future of finance, for the better.

https://diviproject.org/
Mrstacy
Copper Member

View Profile
June 28, 2019, 03:35:24 PM

Sets and box's ALL come from the same place, regarding one as lesser than the other is a lame thing to say. And apparently you don't know what a "cash" is from a "shill", but here you are spreading more crap. The 5x7's are ALL rookie cards as well, 1-10's VERY RARE, & 1-49 STILL very rare. No one need to justify a thing, time will prove that each VARIANT is valuable, and the 5x7's will surprise the shit outta EVERY SINGLE ONE OF US, some day.

I tend to agree that just because a card is from the Topps Vault does not make it less desirable than a retail version.  For example, i've seen the bidding wars for Topps Vault 2018 Ohtani Rookie autos go through the roof (multiple thousands of dollars).

Even the demand for serialized sets can draw a high price.  This one card from the factory sold for $250

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2017-Topps-Update-5x7-Gold-Variation-281-Luke-Voit-RC-10-Rookie-YANKEES/333027063850?hash=item4d89f5b82a:g:OzIAAOSwESdcdNXF

The basic rule of economics is that if someone is willing to pay a price for something then that is the price it is worth.  There are examples all over Ebay, COMC and Becketts marketplace of factory sold items bringing in huge dollars.

Our rapidly changing world requires a financial ecosystem that can keep up. Through our innovative technology and philosophy, we’re transforming the future of finance, for the better.

dolphriends

View Profile
June 28, 2019, 03:43:27 PM

It's my personal opinion that the silver mini or the wood stock card if found will either sell for over 100,000 or it will be held and not sold at all.  I think the days of seeing the black mini under 1,000.00 are over and if a red mini shows up under 10,000 it will be gobbled up quickly.  For those of you that know me, I rarely shoot from the hip. Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
Fattcatt

View Profile
June 28, 2019, 03:55:49 PM

You're right Dolphfriends, as usual. This will all be fantastical to watch unfold in the coming years.  I think it would be nice to see what a PSA 9 x black mini would go for nowadays, but I'm unwilling to sacrifice one of mine to find out.....$2500 maybe??
dolphriends

View Profile
July 02, 2019, 12:16:59 AM
Last edit: July 02, 2019, 12:58:20 AM by dolphriends

Hello out there in treasure land Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Had a small gathering of sportscard collectors over for the weekend and a little wine.  From what I remember , everyone felt a red mini 1/5  would have a small premium over the other four.   We all agreed the most difficult set to put together would be the four printing plates of a high demand card otherwise known as the rainbow.  There are countless roadblocks to ever completing this.  Really not all that necessary to have the red mini's graded unless there is a question of authenticity

Mostly we talked basketball cards, Michael Jordan and who was the best to ever have played the game.  We talked a little crypto and made our wish lists of which I can't find mine now lol.

All the best out there

There are still a few 1/1 treasures out there so keep looking

The Dolphin Smiley Smiley
Mrstacy
Copper Member

View Profile
July 02, 2019, 01:24:39 AM

Had a small gathering of sportscard collectors over for the weekend and a little wine.  From what I remember , everyone felt a red mini 1/5  would have a small premium over the other four.   We all agreed the most difficult set to put together would be the four printing plates of a high demand card otherwise known as the rainbow.  There are countless roadblocks to ever completing this.  Really not all that necessary to have the red mini's graded unless there is a question of authenticity

Mostly we talked basketball cards, Michael Jordan and who was the best to ever have played the game.  We talked a little crypto and made our wish lists of which I can't find mine now lol.

All the best out there

" everyone felt a red mini 1/5  would have a small premium over the other four." 

Is this to mean that the number one card of the set is more desirable in general than two through five.  If so, i thought so when i obtained the one version of a players card out of 25 - it just looks cool to see that "1" there.   Yeah. i don't believe in leprechauns and i won't believe a rainbow actually exists until i see one.  Although i'm being led to believe it exists, i'm still skeptical. 

Pricing a rainbow would be too hard to comprehend and i usually think to low.

dolphriends

View Profile
July 02, 2019, 02:07:24 AM

All the best out there

" everyone felt a red mini 1/5  would have a small premium over the other four." 

Is this to mean that the number one card of the set is more desirable in general than two through five.  If so, i thought so when i obtained the one version of a players card out of 25 - it just looks cool to see that "1" there.   Yeah. i don't believe in leprechauns and i won't believe a rainbow actually exists until i see one.  Although i'm being led to believe it exists, i'm still skeptical. 

There are members here that are a lot more in the know than I am .  I think when putting a subset together like the six stand alone inserts, they always look super cool when you have all six together of the black or red mini but, the red mini solar has never shown up.  I had one and a smart person purchased it.  I have never seen another one

Pricing a rainbow would be too hard to comprehend and i usually think to low.
Mrstacy
Copper Member

View Profile
July 02, 2019, 04:57:54 PM

ok. that is what i thought you meant after reading it.

I fear those other red minis may never be found.  Tossed aside early in the game as being junk cards.  Hope that silver didn't meet a similar fate.  By now, i'm thinking PSA or BCG would have graded the 2018 cards, but it is pure speculation on my part.

Anyone wanting some other non-precious A&G cards, PM me.  i have 4 mini x cards.  One of them is ungraded, Mint/Near Mint.  Maybe an 8 or 8.5.  Also 2, eights and 1 seven.

Gold Border PSA 10s - 0.03
Black Border PSA 10s - 0.01
Sealed Gold Border PSA 10 pack - 0.12 - low population
Color 5x7 PSA 10s - 0.07

BitcoinNewsMagazine
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1164

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2019, 01:02:09 AM

This is an interesting article:

https://cointelegraph.com/news/this-rare-physical-bitcoin-can-be-yours-for-99-000

"Only a few hundred remain in the entire world" as a supply metric comparison to the cryptocurrency rookie.

And in the comment section someone asks who needs it, and someone replies Warren Buffett. That's an interesting statement with regards to who would buy a rare safe haven collectible and more importantly why they would buy it.

The parameters of the true importance of the cryptocurrency rookie asset should be established this way given historical comparisons.

Ebay used to prohibit selling loaded cryptocoins but now allows it. Anyone who is dumb enough to pay almost a hundred grand for something worth $15,000 max really should have done his homework. Check recent auctions for 2011 1 BTC Series 2 Casascius coins here.

ChiBitCTy
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 3009

View Profile
July 06, 2019, 06:31:37 AM

This is an interesting article:

https://cointelegraph.com/news/this-rare-physical-bitcoin-can-be-yours-for-99-000

"Only a few hundred remain in the entire world" as a supply metric comparison to the cryptocurrency rookie.

And in the comment section someone asks who needs it, and someone replies Warren Buffett. That's an interesting statement with regards to who would buy a rare safe haven collectible and more importantly why they would buy it.

The parameters of the true importance of the cryptocurrency rookie asset should be established this way given historical comparisons.

Ebay used to prohibit selling loaded cryptocoins but now allows it. Anyone who is dumb enough to pay almost a hundred grand for something worth $15,000 max really should have done his homework. Check recent auctions for 2011 1 BTC Series 2 Casascius coins here.

I thought that they may have lifted that ban. Is that world wide? They kinda let Europe sell them for a bit but not those in the US. How’d you find out about this? Thanks !  (One positive move from an otherwise scummy scammy shit company).

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
BitcoinNewsMagazine
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1164

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2019, 11:39:33 AM

I just had to look though Ebay's terms of service for US stamps, currency and coins. It took a bit of digging. If a listing violated their TOS they would have already taken it down.

ChiBitCTy
Legendary

View Profile
July 06, 2019, 02:03:44 PM

I just had to look though Ebay's terms of service for US stamps, currency and coins. It took a bit of digging. If a listing violated their TOS they would have already taken it down.

I wonder if this TOS applies globally? They would take some stuff down, but plenty still gets through. I’m still skeptical, just don’t trust that company one iota. Thx!

.Duelbits.
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Mrstacy
Copper Member

View Profile
July 06, 2019, 09:28:24 PM

Hey basketball fans.  If i wanted to get some cards on the rookie phenom Zion of the Pelicans, what card should i get? or even a case to hold on to.

ChiBitCTy
Legendary

View Profile
July 07, 2019, 01:49:40 PM

Hey basketball fans.  If i wanted to get some cards on the rookie phenom Zion of the Pelicans, what card should i get? or even a case to hold on to.

What do you mean by “case”? Just go for the bigger name brands. Unless it’s a special insert, as most cards today, it’s all about personal preference as it’s not an investment or going to be worth much or even hold its value all that well.

.Duelbits.
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Mrstacy
Copper Member

View Profile
July 07, 2019, 02:33:32 PM

Hey basketball fans.  If i wanted to get some cards on the rookie phenom Zion of the Pelicans, what card should i get? or even a case to hold on to.

What do you mean by “case”? Just go for the bigger name brands. Unless it’s a special insert, as most cards today, it’s all about personal preference as it’s not an investment or going to be worth much or even hold its value all that well.

by case i mean a sealed big box of a certain card series. for example, the trout rookie year cases go for big bucks and the Jordan rookie year go for big, big bucks.  Oh, but now i see that "box" is the terminology they seem to use.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2011-Topps-Update-Baseball-Factory-Sealed-Hobby-Box-Mike-Trout-ROOKIE-PWCC/401744119242?hash=item5d89d0c5ca:g:dS8AAOSwNpdcp98U

ChiBitCTy
Legendary

View Profile
July 08, 2019, 05:10:04 AM

Im being really lazy here full disclosure, is this card still valid ?  It says you can win a prize and be entered in for a chance to go to the HR derby so I’m guessing not ..thx !

.Duelbits.
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Mrstacy
Copper Member

View Profile
July 08, 2019, 05:17:43 AM

Im being really lazy here full disclosure, is this card still valid ?  It says you can win a prize and be entered in for a chance to go to the HR derby so I’m guessing not ..thx !

Nope. time has past.  I did same thing in 2018 and waited too long.

Pages: « 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 [62] 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 »
  Print  

Jump to: