Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 08:36:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Video call for KYC verification  (Read 40775 times)
SmellsCinnamon

Activity: 76
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 06:29:27 AM

Video call for kyc verification?? Is it possible? Do you think it is the best way , rather than uploading your documents for kyc verification process? Most bounty campaigns and ICOs nowadays required a kyc.

If video call for Kyc verification is possible, what is the best and secure app to you use for video call

I don't think it's possible. A lot of admins might be needed since there are a lot of bounty hunters in one bounty program. It will also waste their time instead of working on their project.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Jamjamz30

Activity: 332
Merit: 12

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 06:32:23 AM

Video call for kyc verification?? Is it possible? Do you think it is the best way , rather than uploading your documents for kyc verification process? Most bounty campaigns and ICOs nowadays required a kyc.

If video call for Kyc verification is possible, what is the best and secure app to you use for video call

yes of course.... this is possible. But, the questios is ?
"do they have time to do it?"
and maybe they have to spend a little bit money for that.
There is always time for something. Passing of documents are also a time consuming for the part of the person whom conducted the KYC. It is good but I think it will not an assurance that the people you've talk is criminal or not. Anyways, if it will be an addition to KYC, many people will resist to do that.
xuv500

Activity: 406
Merit: 11

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 06:33:30 AM

I don't think Video call for KYC verification is useful because KYC verification is already been done with selfie photo now a days. I have done my KYC verification for purchasing a coin and it required selfie photo with the id card visible to them. I have done that and everything went good. I don't think Video call is required at this time and whether that will be useful also.
modmalaney

Activity: 700
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 07:10:28 AM

This would be quite a hassle. use the personal data only already a bad thing to do. This gives a great risk for the data being sent. especially if using video call will certainly be very troublesome and annoying. I don't think it will be a good run and even less agree with things like this.
Huruharacorp

Activity: 392

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 07:17:09 AM

I think the KYC is much better than sending documents. Since I can not trust everyone. And they called me on the video call, made sure that I was not a robot, I showed my passport to the camera, I was sure that it was me. I think this KYC we should not be afraid.
we do not need to be afraid to do KYC, if the project we follow is clear and can be trusted. if the project is a fraudulent project, then we will be worries for fear if our personal data will be sold
AlexAtom

Activity: 560
Merit: 10

YOUC - www.youengine.io

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 03:12:33 PM

Usually, video call for KYC verification is required for the last tier of verified account. If it succeed, it will remove your limitation.
in some exchanges, first level of verification is only uploading documents such as identity related docs. Try not to use 3rd party app for video call, just use the company app that provided for KYC.

●   John McAfee Supports   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  Advertising Platform  ❱❱❱❱❱❱ 
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  YOUC  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
Hanazawa

Activity: 181
Merit: 4

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 03:23:05 PM

I think it is qutie easy for that, I think Taking photos or pictures is already enough for KYC verification rather than going to do some video call for all participants. Maybe it should be harder because we knew that not only investors are willing to participate in ICO project but sometimes even bounty participants are willing to. So it is very time consuming for all of the hundreds of bounty participants are getting to make video call to pass KYC.

► HackenAI ◄ (http://url=https://hacken.ai/) ♦ HackenAI - Personal Cybersecurity Application ♦ ► H (http://url=https://hacken.ai/)
yrrehc16

Activity: 532
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 03:25:06 PM

This is crazy, submitting you KYC in any website is dangerous.
and it will be more dangerous for us to take video call?
isn't it too much work and request also?
do you think they will demand our birth certificates soon?
Aligab166

Activity: 194
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 03:30:36 PM

First, I don't think most people even want the KYC verification of a thing. This is mainly due to the fact that people are not comfortable giving out confidential documents. Even the video may not be welcome by most people, although I prefer it to documents.

●  ●  ●    CryptoMarketAds    ●  ●  ●
►  Democratize Crypto Advertising & Marketing  ◄
xyzone

Activity: 140
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 03:33:16 PM

The best innovation for kyc. I think in the future the ICO project will use this method. Kyc will look more real to know crypto users.
enhu
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1018

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 03:35:46 PM

Is there an ICO that does ask for video call for their KYC?

I really think this is an overkill for a KYC process when uploading driver's license and passport document is more than enough for it. Some of us are already scared away from this KYC even from the exchanges for we all know what could happen as several identity thief had been reported.

██████████ BitcoinCleanUp.comDebunking Bitcoin's Energy Use ██████████
██████████                Twitter#EndTheFUD                 ██████████
giletto

Activity: 812
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 03:37:36 PM

That's a bad idea, because the customer support person will not have enough time to call the video and verify KYC. They are human, not mechanical. Therefore submitting personal documents for KYC verification is the best way

█████
                       █████████████
                    █████████████
                ██████████████        █████
             █████████████        ████████████
         ██████████████        █████████████
      █████████████        █████████████       ██████
      ██████████        ████████████           ██████
      ███████       █████████████       ███    ██████
      ███████    █████████████       ██████    ██████
      ████████████████████       ██████████    ██████
      █████████████████       █████████████    ██████
      █████████████       █████████████        ██████
      ██████████       █████████████           ██████
      ███████      ██████████████       ███    ██████
      ██████    █████████████       ███████    ██████
      ██████    ██████████       ██████████    ██████
      ██████    ██████        █████████████    ██████
      ██████    ███       █████████████        ██████
      ██████           █████████████       ██████████
      ██████       █████████████        █████████████
                █████████████       █████████████
             ████████████        █████████████
                 ████         ████████████
                          █████████████
                        ███████████
                           █████
Ferrum Network • Interoperability Network for Financial Applications
Janus101

Activity: 119
Merit: 11

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 03:48:33 PM

Really no, I don't think you should go as far as video call to some unknown person yourself. If no different than selling your personal identity just to get some cryptocurrency which sometime could turn into nothing.
zeze18

Activity: 938
Merit: 256

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 04:10:27 PM

Actually i'm a litttle bit afraid for doing KYC because our identity will shared to anybody we don't know and also for video call, i think won't do that because that was too private
BobBct

Activity: 616
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 13, 2018, 02:05:57 PM

I think for me KYC with videocall is a bit too far because you are not like giving me a bank account that he needs to do a videocall and i think the normal KYC is enough for me.
zeze18

Activity: 938
Merit: 256

View Profile
October 13, 2018, 02:07:46 PM

Will really takes time too much where there are thousand investors or bounty hunters.
It's better to ask them to upload a video with required things to say
No Pain No blood

Activity: 658
Merit: 13

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2018, 02:11:59 PM

in my opinion, verification with documents is not enough, what video call is this only for bounty hunters. maybe for investors it is still possible because they invest in large amounts. and in my opinion, not all bounty hunters can speak English, it will be a little difficult to answer the questions.

so document verification is the right choice for now.
NakiRR

Activity: 574

View Profile
October 13, 2018, 02:14:57 PM

i will be agreed with this only if this requirement about video or any other KYC is mentioned in the first post of bounty thread in the very beginning of any bounty campaign and i will have a choice, otherwise it is not fair.
ivanleon

Activity: 280
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 13, 2018, 02:16:48 PM

An interesting idea, for the first time I hear about this, I would not have guessed) This will be the protection against sending a fake KYC ID, because for many companies this is a real problem.That's just still have to show the documents for identification. I think this is still a way that does not give the necessary degree of security of your personal data.
aleksnutis

Activity: 252
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 13, 2018, 02:34:17 PM

I don't see the point in KYC verification now, you can ask friends or buy documents. A video call is the perfect solution for verification, since documents can be easily purchased on the Internet, even selfies with a document .
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 »
  Print  

Jump to: