Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 11:17:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Video call for KYC verification  (Read 40774 times)
jvper

Activity: 966
Merit: 507

View Profile
January 18, 2019, 08:49:38 PM

Video call for kyc verification?? Is it possible? Do you think it is the best way , rather than uploading your documents for kyc verification process? Most bounty campaigns and ICOs nowadays required a kyc.

If video call for Kyc verification is possible, what is the best and secure app to you use for video call

Video calls or photos using the webcam have been widely used in the latest months as a means to avoid fraud.
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Fuhre

Activity: 644
Merit: 107

View Profile
January 18, 2019, 09:21:44 PM
Last edit: January 18, 2019, 09:57:07 PM by Fuhre

With Bounty campaign using KYC VideoCall, i think "why is it increasingly difficult to join campaign  Undecided ?" I admit it's a good idea to reduce cheating. but for me it's too complicated. if it is implemented then should be those who join bounty / ICO must be given more value. because the  our privacy   more opened, and more difficult to get bounty.
yarelydiaz
Copper Member

Activity: 560
Merit: 64

View Profile
January 19, 2019, 03:43:22 PM

It is possible but I don't think any project will go through a video KYC verification for their investors or bounty members! Recently IDEX wanted video KYC verification to list coins in their exchange, it is possible! But for ICO or bounty, video KYC will take such a huge time! Though there have some procedure to verify perfectly! Like a project can take Civic KYC verification services, this is the best KYC service I have ever seen! ICOSID also good but Civic is the best!

Slightly not correct statement. ICOSID uses the services of CIVIC and similar services; ICOSID itself does not check documents/personal data etc.
In any case, such a manner of requesting personal data will be very specific and will definitely influence popularity. I mean to negatively influence the development of the project or the attraction of investments.
I don't agree. Nowadays, when the era of STO comes, user verification will become commonplace, and quality verification will be one of the defining characteristics. One can argue about this for a long time, but this topic is not about that.

Best handmade jewelry 📿 : bracelets, amulets, earrings ❤️handmade❤️ 🕉 pm 🕉 Can send by mail worldwide!
chocopapaya

Activity: 686
Merit: 131

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2019, 03:48:53 PM

For some exchanges they require a video call if you want to reach the highest tier for deposits and withdrawals.
For bounties and airdrops, I feel it's totally unnecessary.
Also, any form of kyc for bounties and airdrops is ridiculous.

I've never done a bounty that requires kyc.
If they ask for it after the bounty ends, then I just refuse and don't get paid.
I only do signature campaigns, so it doesn't take too much of my time.
And it's just not worth it to compromise my security on any level.
There are so many icos and bounties that we don't have to listen to every single one.

beehimneff

Activity: 574
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 19, 2019, 03:54:20 PM

Video call for kyc verification?? Is it possible? Do you think it is the best way , rather than uploading your documents for kyc verification process? Most bounty campaigns and ICOs nowadays required a kyc.

If video call for Kyc verification is possible, what is the best and secure app to you use for video call

I think a video call for KYC verification is possible. But I don't think this is the best way to pass KYC. Maybe I'm wrong, but I have not yet seen suitable applications.
odranoel

Activity: 602

View Profile
January 19, 2019, 03:55:56 PM

For me i think it can be possible and it is good and favor to both parties. I mean instead of document only it is better video call so that face to face we can talk upon verifying and every time there's a problem it can be easily to handle and fixed immediately.

YouSeeMe  ♦   Bartcoin  ♦  Bartwallet
⚪ Infinite Possibilities ⚪
Pre-sale on Feb, 18
tamango

Activity: 602
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 19, 2019, 03:58:01 PM

Yes it's possible and some months ago a bounty campaign required that using whatsapp.. I don't remember campaign but it was a very quick video-call where I had to show my ID card with me.
aji567

Activity: 728

View Profile
January 19, 2019, 04:08:27 PM

I think it's quite effective if used, KYC is very helpful if someone wants to cheat. the application that I think is good for video calls is telegram. I like some of the features of this telegram.
tranthiky

Activity: 200
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 19, 2019, 04:16:10 PM

It is a good idea to replace traditional identity verification. We may know the participants are real with video calls. It helps us avoid cheaters with high photoshop levels . But it should be applied appropriately and ensure data safety.

[ M O B U ] The Investment Bank of the Future
The Security Token Protocol and Licensed Security Token Exchange
https://mobu.io/
Jannyh
Copper Member

Activity: 994
Merit: 4

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2019, 05:11:28 PM

It is possible, but i think it will be time consuming at the end of the Developers, also i think i am not in support of Kyc for bounty hunters. For investors it is fine but i still prefer picture upload.

Nivelir

Activity: 588

View Profile
January 19, 2019, 05:41:11 PM

Video KYC is of course a serious argument to verify the identity. But you should understand that such a procedure seriously violates your security, this has already been discussed many times.
Sundaey

Activity: 518
Merit: 4

View Profile
January 19, 2019, 05:49:07 PM

Yes. Very possible I think I have done a kyc where I pass through video recording with cam but the issue is I still pass through a lot before passing the kyc cause I have to latter submit my documents which I think is not necessary. They are all scam tranna get something
Kang Bahar

Activity: 504
Merit: 115

Silent Reader~

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2019, 05:51:59 PM

I think it's quite effective if used, KYC is very helpful if someone wants to cheat. the application that I think is good for video calls is telegram. I like some of the features of this telegram.
Video Call is indeed an effective way to avoid data manipulation (such as editing names, photos, etc.). But In my opinion, it will take a long time to verify dozens or even hundreds of investors and bounty participants than a fully automated KYC system.
NoSkyLimit

Activity: 171
Merit: 50

Crypto will save my kids!

View Profile
January 19, 2019, 05:54:58 PM

Wow! Is this how far KYC verification are now? I have missed the last months from crypto and now I'm trying to get this as year in order for me but I think to actually verify KYC in video calls it takes a lot of time and energy and I doubt that the users will join in such a bounty but what I know right? In my opinion , KYC should be obligatory for every bounty participant.

▐▀   ▄▀▄  █▄  █ █  █  ▀▌         Games        ANYONE        Bitcointalk              ▐▀   ▄▀▄  █▄  █ █  █  ▀▌
▐    █▄█  █ ▀▄█ ▀▄▄▀   ▌      Referral      Investment      Discord  |  Github       ▐    █▄█  █ ▀▄█ ▀▄▄▀   ▌
▐▄  █   █ █   █ ▄▄▀   ▄▌     Dividents       Platform       Twitter  |  Telegram     ▐▄  █   █ █   █ ▄▄▀   ▄▌
Lacoste

Activity: 177
Merit: 11

Lacoste

View Profile
January 19, 2019, 07:15:20 PM

What if you belong to a project team, then you ask 10,000 KYC members by video call?
I think this is impossible.

kliown

Activity: 1080
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 19, 2019, 10:27:12 PM

What if you belong to a project team, then you ask 10,000 KYC members by video call?
I think this is impossible.
Or 10,000 calls, or 10,000 audits of the individual. It will take a maximum of twice as long. I think that this is not an obstacle.
sayaya17

Activity: 1638
Merit: 255

View Profile
January 19, 2019, 11:04:08 PM

Yes, they can verification the kyc by using video calls to all investors and bounty participants, but I think this will all take a lot of time and money, if they can afford no problem, because as a bounty participant I will follow the rules given

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄         ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄                 ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████         █████████████       █████            ▄██████████████████████▄▄
█████████████         █████████████     ▄███████▄       ▄███████████████████████████▄
█████████████         █████████████   ▄███████████▄    ▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀████████████
█████████████         █████████████ ▄█████▀  ▀█████▄  ▄███████████▀        ▀██████████▄
████████████▀         █████████████ █████▀     ██████▄████████████▄         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████████          █████████████ ████        ████████████████████▄▄▄▄▄
████████████          ████████████████▀    ▄     ████▀████████████████████████▄▄▄
████████████▄       ▄█████████████▄██▀    ▄█▄     ▀███ ████████████████████████████▄
 █████████████▄▄▄▄▄█████████████████     ▄███▄     ▀███ ▀████████████████████████████
  ▀████████████████████████████▄███     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     ▀█████▄▄▀▀▀▀█████████████████████▄
    ▀████████████████████████▄███▀                   ▀████████▄       ▀▀██████████████
        ▀▀██████████████▀▀▄▄██████     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄     ▄█████████          ████████████▀
          ██████████████ ██████████▄▄▄████████████▄▄▄█████████████        ████████████
          ██████████████ ▀█████████████████████████████████████▀████▄▄▄█████████████▀
          ██████████████   ▀█████████████████████████████████▀ ███████████████████▀
          ██████████████     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █████████████████▀▀▀
          ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀             ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀              ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

.bet
   $200   
 BONUS 
    100% BONUS FOR 
 EVERY DEPOSIT 
[]
Uju4real
Copper Member

Activity: 349
Merit: 0

📱 CARTESI 📱 INFRASTRUCTURE FOR DAP

View Profile
January 20, 2019, 02:05:11 PM

Video KYC is not really a bad idea but the issue on ground is that it shouldn't be introduced when it hasn't been perfected yet. I did Video KYC on a particular project and it was so so annoying.

██████████████  CARTESI 📱 LINUX INFRASTRUCTURE FOR SCALABLE DAPPS  ██████████████
█▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇█
BitcoinCazh

Activity: 532

View Profile
January 20, 2019, 02:17:36 PM

when you that, how many operators or time to do it, so i think that not effective to do just only for confirm KYC in the bounty or market exchange, its wasting time for develop because their must confirm thousands of members to verification
bitcoin31

Activity: 1834
Merit: 523

View Profile
January 20, 2019, 02:28:50 PM

Im not against for that but people need a security because it is risky to show your face even in trusted company because we need privaxy maybe ID and otjer information is enough for that. But if that is best way maybe other project will use that but what if the big investor did not want that for sure they will backout and they will not invest anymore let's see what is disadvatanges of that.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 »
  Print  

Jump to: