Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 07:36:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Video call for KYC verification  (Read 40774 times)
Gayong88

Activity: 1540
Merit: 22

View Profile
July 02, 2019, 04:27:04 PM

Video call for kyc verification?? Is it possible? Do you think it is the best way , rather than uploading your documents for kyc verification process? Most bounty campaigns and ICOs nowadays required a kyc.

If video call for Kyc verification is possible, what is the best and secure app to you use for video call

Some Exchange Platforms ask  requirements   to  verification like that. Most of them also ask our personal data such as passports, identity cards and driving licenses for the validity and verification of their data, almost is not all immediately accepted, because of several error factors.
For applications for KYC  use Skype. Sound and Images Support all.

▀ ▄▀ ██ ▀ ▀████████████████     S E C O N D L I V E     ████████████████▀ ▀ ██ ▀▄ ▀
♦      CHOOSE LIFE      ♦     CHOOSE SPACE     ♦   CHOOSE FRIENDS   ♦
|    Twitter    |  Telegram  |   Medium   |  YouTube  |   Discord   |    TikTok    |    GitHub    |
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
igor.vanyutin.83

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 02, 2019, 04:28:58 PM

This process is much more efficient than a regular KYC process. You can just make a skype discussion for several minutes and you KYC gets approved without any further actions. I have already done some of those, and it saves a lot of time.
CryptoAlphaStar

Activity: 574
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 03, 2019, 10:03:39 AM

Video call is way too much in my opinion. I undestand the need for a selfie with the document and the piece of paper with the current date. A lot of people are using other people's IDs to cheat the system. I just don't get what the video call is giving more than the selfie.
The number of scammers that can photoshop and edit a picture to mislead is very low. Scammers are dumb usually.
prehisto

Activity: 882
Merit: 112

Your Data Belongs To You

View Profile
July 03, 2019, 10:06:55 AM

Video call for kyc verification?? Is it possible? Do you think it is the best way , rather than uploading your documents for kyc verification process? Most bounty campaigns and ICOs nowadays required a kyc.

If video call for Kyc verification is possible, what is the best and secure app to you use for video call

This is not new practice in general , it used by mobile banks in EU, but it is new for ICO world because it is much more expensive process and usually it is done in their specific application not using third party services like whatsapp or Skype because of security reasons.

X L S L A B S ◉◉◉ INTERNET OF TRUST ◉◉◉ X L S L A B S
If you care about your personal data, you need to understand its future.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▮ TelegramTwitterBitcointalk ▮▬▬▬▬▬▬
Classica35

Activity: 518
Merit: 3

View Profile
July 03, 2019, 10:17:29 AM

KYC that involves making a video, which most times is live video. The first time I came across it, the process was very tedious. I had to do it multiple times, before it was approved. That aside, this is a decentralized system that involves anonymity. Why then should we go as far as that, for the sake of kyc.
StatesManG
Copper Member

Activity: 462

View Profile
July 03, 2019, 10:26:13 AM

I have never had problems with kyc, but I have read and seen a lot of talk about kyc system on this forum and how many detest conducting kyc. Many went as far as providing fake docs so I think the video verification is a great move in my own opinion

► ARCS ◄ ♦ ARCS - The New World Token (*Listed on KuCoin) ♦ ► ARCS ◄
───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───
Website◂ | ▸Twitter◂ | ▸Medium◂ | ▸Telegram◂ | ▸Whitepaper
pidie

Activity: 639
Merit: 18

View Profile
July 03, 2019, 10:36:30 AM

In my opinion, so far the bounty has not applied for verification of KYC through video calls. they still use the steps in verifying Kyc through uploading documents.
LiquorBan

Activity: 476

View Profile
July 03, 2019, 10:48:20 AM

This way is more reliable. This method is better than the standard in which you need to upload your documents and these files go do not understand where. It does not suit me, I'll gladly be a part of this strategy, And its way cool .
virtualx

Activity: 672
Merit: 507

LOTEO

View Profile
July 03, 2019, 01:35:04 PM

I think the KYC is much better than sending documents. Since I can not trust everyone. And they called me on the video call, made sure that I was not a robot, I showed my passport to the camera, I was sure that it was me. I think this KYC we should not be afraid.

Then how sure are you, that pointing your international passport or national ID at the camera will not result in your details being captured and later used in a fraudulent activity.

However, the video calls may have it's merits but the downside is the cost to project managers, lead time and probable misuse of our data. Thus for now feasibility is near 0.

...loteo...
DIGITAL ERA LOTTERY

r

▄▄███████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄███████████████████████▄
▄██████████████████████████▄
▄██  ███████▌ ▐██████████████▄
▐██▌ ▐█▀  ▀█    ▐█▀   ▀██▀  ▀██▌
▐██  █▌ █▌ ██  ██▌ ██▌ █▌ █▌ ██▌
▐█▌ ▐█ ▐█ ▐█▌ ▐██  ▄▄▄██ ▐█ ▐██▌
▐█  ██▄  ▄██    █▄    ██▄  ▄███▌
▀████████████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████▀▀
r

RPLAY NOWR
BE A MOON VISITOR!
[/center]
caeles

Activity: 304
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 03, 2019, 01:39:20 PM

Video call for KYC verification is good but it takes time which most of the companies anmre lacking of. Submitting the required documents is the best for them to verify the client because they will just look for the submitted documents and review it.

Ozero

Activity: 2044
Merit: 180

Chainjoes.com

View Profile
July 06, 2019, 03:40:53 AM

I think that checking with a video call for investors and participants of the ICO bounty is not suitable. It is too cumbersome and requires a certain technique, appropriate applications and in general the desire to do this in front of unknown persons who may end up being veterans.
I think that if the ICO team decides to conduct a KYC check using a video call, it will not collect sufficient funds. If they want to risk their project, let them take the risk.

NathanJB

Activity: 756
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 06, 2019, 03:44:27 AM

There are certain verification that really require you to have a video call. Lost account is one reason for it. But the basic KYC should not require video calls. That is pure BS to me. In the first place, KYC should not even be implemented. That is basically against the idea of anonymity. In KYC, we are already submitting all our vital personal information to something we do not even necessarily trust. Most often, we are simply compelled.
cahbagus555

Activity: 756
Merit: 12

View Profile
July 06, 2019, 04:44:14 AM

Video call is way too much in my opinion. I undestand the need for a selfie with the document and the piece of paper with the current date. A lot of people are using other people's IDs to cheat the system. I just don't get what the video call is giving more than the selfie.
The number of scammers that can photoshop and edit a picture to mislead is very low. Scammers are dumb usually.

I know some projects need videos for KYC but most are just selfies with identity documents. Maybe it means to avoid scammers and I think as long as we don't do scams, I don't think we need to worry. But i think, KYC could be done with ID document and utility bill
cliber

Activity: 672

umachit.fund

View Profile
July 06, 2019, 06:48:17 AM

As long as it's clear, everything can.
In my opinion, what is very important in the KYC process is how the KYC process is safe without difficulty. If indeed Video Calls are easy, I agree. What about other personal data?

1BTC EQUALS 1CAR

Activity: 602

View Profile
July 06, 2019, 07:13:38 AM

It's very inconvenient honestly. I can take a picture of myself with papers and dates but doing a conference call or somethings is big no for me.
There's the KYC selfie that many exchanges follows which is okay and we don't need to go further than that because if even fraudsters succeed on passing them, their dirty works will always stink to the nose of the authority.
farraddy

Activity: 476

View Profile
July 06, 2019, 07:46:28 AM

I find video calls for KYC uncomfortable for users, at least for me. In my opinion, a selfie and a photo of certain documents are enough for KYC. It is easier for users.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
stigmacryptonight

Activity: 574
Merit: 13

View Profile
July 06, 2019, 08:03:41 AM

I have never done KYC from Video calls. Because I usually only save to the platform that is available if I do the Kyc. Maybe this method is new or I only know this, it's unique if this is done every time we do kyc. Maybe I think this method will also speed up someone's identification whether it's true from data or fake.
MonsterV
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1008

View Profile
July 06, 2019, 09:00:04 AM

wow!! What a great idea this is! Really  i did not think about this way for kyc verification before one minute from now. But i can not think how it will be work for kyc? Its need more time and More workers for doing verify.  I don't  think they will choose this process. But if they can maintain this way then this process will be best for accurate  kyc. Because many fake ico collect kyc information from the customers and they sold or use to make another crime.  Thanks

Great idea? I think this is a bitcoiner nightmare, even if it really does mean the basis of crypto anonymity is gone, I don't agree with this. Then do you think if using videocall will stop fake ICO from collecting information from customers and selling it? I don't think so, because they will always find a way. Even in my opinion, doing KYC with selfies is hard because it is privacy for me, they try to trust us then do you trust them? maybe you trust them, then do you believe their system will always be safe from hackers?

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
     ▄▀█▀█ █████████████▄▄
   ▄██ █ █▄████████████████▄
  ██ █ ██▀█ █████████████████
 █▀█▄█▄▀█▄██▄█████████████████
██ █ ██ ██ ██▄▀████████████████
███▀█▀██ ███▀███▀██████████████
███▄██ ██▄▀██▄███▄█████████████
 ███▄▀██▀██▄▀██▄▀██▄▀▀████████
  █████▀█▄█▀█▄▀▀██▄▀▀██▄▄▀█▀█
   ▀████▄███▄█▀█▄▄▀▀▀█▄▄█▀█▀
     ▀▀████▄▀██▄▄█▀▀█▄▄▄▀▀
         ▀▀▀██▄▄███▀▀▀
......1xBit.com..BENEFIT ..SEASON........
       ▄▄███████████▄▄
    ▄███████████████████▄
  ▄██████████████████████▄
 █████████████████████████
██████████████████████████▌
████████████████████████████▄▄
███████████████████████████████
        █    █▄   █
        ▀▀▄    ▀▀▀█▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
           ▀▀▄    ▀▀▄▄█      ▄▀
              ▀▀▄     █▀▀▄▄  █
                 ▀▀▄  █   ▄█▀
                    ▀▀█▄▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
The3max

Activity: 317

https://leasehold.io/

View Profile
July 06, 2019, 09:22:58 AM

I don't know how it works, but we don't have time to call each person to verify; besides, the cost of calls between countries is quite large.
I believe that in the future AI technology will be able to do this

Iykecollinz
Copper Member

Activity: 294
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 06, 2019, 10:21:47 AM

I actually dislike rigorous vigorous KYC verification for crypto project participation, I do not understand the need actually, not as if the project will be much valuable than Bitcoin afterwards, have seen a lot of them that are worthless today, won't dare try anyone that asks for video verification, not worth it.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 »
  Print  

Jump to: