Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 10:20:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Video call for KYC verification  (Read 40774 times)
kriptosan797

Activity: 252
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 04, 2018, 10:12:02 AM

The usual KYC as well as the video KYC contradict the very idea of cryptocurrency privacy.I think this is absolutely unnecessary especially for the participants of bounty companies.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
berna090118

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 04, 2018, 10:13:47 AM

This is really good, I have encounter one of it. I think in this way, fraudsters and cheater will have hard time faking the KYC since this will be done live, some people says its waste of time but nope, if they have process to do it doing this live will be more faster than doing kyc document.

Well there are some people who are not comfortable of seeing strangers on video call, so for me I prefer a documented kyc rather that a video call, I just dont feel talking and live video calling to someone I dont know.
boolog
Copper Member

Activity: 196

View Profile
November 04, 2018, 10:29:06 AM

Video call for kyc does too much work, in my opinion. Besides, not everyone has a video camera. At kyc enough information is already required, so you should not overdo it and also demand video calls.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬    I N F L E U M    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   
█████    Whitepaper   ⌊    Pre - sale  ➧  Oct 1, 2018    ⌉   Telegram    █████
Medium   Steemit   Facebook   Twitter   Instagram   Youtube   Reddit   Github
lupinjhon

Activity: 56

View Profile
November 04, 2018, 10:45:36 AM

What will we not see in crypto?? Just when we're still battling with KYC/AML, it's been taken a step further by requesting video calls for KYC verification? Naa, I'm not doing it for no reason. If providing my documents isn't sufficient to complete a KYC process, then miss me with the investment opportunity and it's on to the next one! Ain't nobody making me go through the hassle of doing a video call for tokens that have no guarantees they won't tank at the exchange leaving me with losses....!!
cafee_orange

Activity: 1022
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 04, 2018, 10:51:42 AM

KYC with a video call I think it is the right choice for now so that our face identity is recorded properly, but if we use documents to do the KYC process there will be a lie, those who try to do a scam will certainly try to send fake documents.

GmBoom

Activity: 322
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2018, 01:35:04 PM

It is a much more easier and more safe. Because you don't need anymore submitting requirements regarding your information. But it doesn't goes that way. In their country the law needs to know the customer, so they need the requirements.

HARA │ Empowering billions through data one byte at a time
hidingyou

Activity: 291
Merit: 13

View Profile
November 04, 2018, 01:48:07 PM

It is a much more easier and more safe. Because you don't need anymore submitting requirements regarding your information. But it doesn't goes that way. In their country the law needs to know the customer, so they need the requirements.
Yes, it can be more easier because they can't determine your information and details about your background because nowadays a lot of hackers here in where they can already determine your IP so it's not more safer to share those information.

trahaubab

Activity: 154
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2018, 04:30:53 PM

do you really think about secure app, when talk to stranger via video chat? lol

that is all against Satoshi and all blockchain things. if this happens oneday, I will do my best to ruin the reputation of that project

pigzbe  |  A piggy-wallet™ not a piggy bank  |  powered by Wollo
● ● ●  A tangible digital piggy-wallet for children age 6 and up.
nolestiket

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

DATABLOCKCHAIN.IO SALE IS LIVE | MVP @ DBC.IO

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2018, 04:46:37 PM
Last edit: November 04, 2018, 05:08:59 PM by nolestiket

The process of passing KYC now and so very uncomfortable.Check the documents for a long time,often do not accept,although the photos are clear and in good quality, you have to upload photos and wait again.KYC with video is an idea even worse, the process will be even longer

nekonyun

Activity: 882
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 04, 2018, 04:48:18 PM

I  think it's a bad idea because it's impossible for a project team to have time for video calls every day and also if the document and photo data .a project team can quickly check it rather than make a video call
Eric

Activity: 124
Merit: 1

The World’s First Blockchain Core

View Profile
November 04, 2018, 04:52:16 PM

Yes i think that is better option than sending private informations via mail or via some websites. I love that way. I used video call for kyc vertification only one time. I think that was during Ethersic Ico's kyc process. That is really smooth and legit. I love that. I hope in the future other icos will start to use that kind of kyc vertification system.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄ ■       SKYNET.co       ■ ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     PRIVATE SALE is LIVE     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▌
yanesna3

Activity: 504

View Profile
November 04, 2018, 06:05:23 PM

I think that bounty hunters will not agree to go through the KYC procedure through a video call because it will violate the cryptocurrency anonymity principle.
Kemileye

Activity: 573
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 04, 2018, 06:12:12 PM

Video call for kyc verification?? Is it possible? Do you think it is the best way , rather than uploading your documents for kyc verification process? Most bounty campaigns and ICOs nowadays required a kyc.

If video call for Kyc verification is possible, what is the best and secure app to you use for video call

If ICOs requires video call for KYC then they receive a lot of fake identity. Its actually possible to pick someone on the street to do a video call in order to pass KYC. I feel submission of documents still remain the best way to verify identity.

Oikos.cash      Decentralized Finance on Tron   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   Collateral-backed stable-coins
     github  ◥ telegram   ◥ twitter   ◥ discord            synthetic asset trading  
                             ❱❱❱   JOIN OIKOS   ❰❰❰                     trustless token exchange  
ckorbba

Activity: 672
Merit: 144

View Profile
November 04, 2018, 06:17:47 PM

Video call for kyc verification?? Is it possible? Do you think it is the best way , rather than uploading your documents for kyc verification process? Most bounty campaigns and ICOs nowadays required a kyc.

If video call for Kyc verification is possible, what is the best and secure app to you use for video call

If ICOs requires video call for KYC then they receive a lot of fake identity. Its actually possible to pick someone on the street to do a video call in order to pass KYC. I feel submission of documents still remain the best way to verify identity.
I would not have refused a personal visit to their company by invitation, with full payment of the trip. They will then be able to personally verify my authenticity.
alrose

Activity: 720
Merit: 103

View Profile
November 04, 2018, 06:25:42 PM

To be honest, I think this is a very interesting idea. This allows users to avoid document theft. And in general, I think this will simplify and speed up the KYC procedure.

..TYCOON..
Social Crypto Trading. Made Simple
..MEDIUMTWITTERTELEGRAM..
futuristishe

Activity: 420

View Profile
November 04, 2018, 06:57:33 PM

Video call is interesting for its uniqueness. After all, if serious projects will act KYC, it will be very cool. Since the number of participants will decrease dramatically, so bounty awards will be better.
Herdirfauzi

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 04, 2018, 07:18:57 PM

I think KYC is better to use the document than the Video call, because there are several reasons that might make investors feel objected, one of which is to waste time especially with small amounts of investment, even if KYC is required with the Video Call addressed to investors with an amount of big.

Ini35

Activity: 448
Merit: 12

View Profile
November 04, 2018, 11:14:52 PM

I do not know why people are just too concerned and always willing to do KYC. This is blockchain technology and cryptocurrency that is meant to be decentralized. Our personal information are not supposed to be running around on the internet, where they can easily be used to perpetuate any form of crime. Going ahead to record video of yourself again is like going to the extreme.
Cactushrt

Activity: 952
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 04, 2018, 11:17:57 PM

For me it's more safer rather than uploading your documents because you can see who is the team behind those KYC procedure

▄▄█████▄
               ▄████▀▀▀▀█▌
             ▄████▀    ▀▄▀
    ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀█▀       █▌
 ▄█▀▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄▄     ▄█▀
██▌        ██▄▀▀█▀▀▄▄██▀
███▄▄▄     ███ ▄▄███▀▀
 ▀▀███████ ███▐██▀▀▄██
     ▀▀▀▀▀ ███     ███▌
           ▐██     ▐██▌
           ▐██▄    ▐██
            ▀██▄ ▄▄█▀
              ▀██▄▄
Catena

▀██     ▄██▀
██▄ ▄██▀
▀█████
██
▄█████
██▀ ▀██▄
▄██     ▀██▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
E x p e r i e n c e   t h e   F u t u r e   o f   D e F i

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████
█████▀               ██████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
██████▄       ▄████████████
▀█████████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
███████████ ██ ████████████
███████▀▀▀▀ ▀▀ ▀▀██████████
████████▄   ▄▄▄▄  ▀████████
█████████   ████   ████████
█████████         ▀████████
█████████   ████    ███████
████████▀   ▀▀▀▀   ▄███████
███████▄▄▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄▄█████████
███████████ ██ ████████████
██████▀▀███████████▀▀██████
██████    ▀     ▀    ██████
██████               ██████
█████▌               ▐█████
█████                 █████
█████▌               ▐█████
███████▄           ▄███████
████▄▀████▀     ▀██████████
█████▄ ▀▀▀       ██████████
███████▄▄▄       ██████████
aervin11

Activity: 602
Merit: 103

View Profile
November 05, 2018, 12:10:04 AM

Video call is interesting for its uniqueness. After all, if serious projects will act KYC, it will be very cool. Since the number of participants will decrease dramatically, so bounty awards will be better.

If that happens, bounty participants would decrease dramatically because of the fact that Video KYC could eliminate those dummy accounts and throw away cheaters. This might also seem a bad idea for the fact that the team needs more manpower to check and verify Video KYC one by one.

For me it's more safer rather than uploading your documents because you can see who is the team behind those KYC procedure

I also think that it is safer for the documents you might use in the Video KYC because them can't be used by the team for their personal agendas. But to think how much time consuming the process could go, it's pretty hard to imply this idea
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 »
  Print  

Jump to: