Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 09:52:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Video call for KYC verification  (Read 40774 times)
wxxyrqa

Activity: 1330
Merit: 121

Growth & Marketing | IEO | Bounty | Strat

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2018, 12:31:22 PM

I think it's too complicated, because it's troublesome for the bounty hunter, he must have a camera and a good signal. and troublesome the bounty Manager because he has to ensure that the data obtained is Valid to report  Shocked
It seems to me that giving away personal data for an ico company is an unjustified risk, because we do not know who is storing personal data and what is the guarantee that there is no leakage of information. The presence of KYC in the ico company still does not give a guarantee about its positive results.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Jaggi90
Copper Member

Activity: 476
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 22, 2018, 12:43:14 PM

So many bounty are scams and thus KYC data may not be safe if hacked. But if bounty is not a scam , then video call KYC verification is not a big deal.
conected

Activity: 1302
Merit: 503

View Profile
December 22, 2018, 01:51:41 PM

I don't think that video call for KYC verification is a good idea and current uploading of documents looks better and faster.
- Of course, video calling to verify KYC can be said to be a bad idea and upset the participants because a lot of people don't have enough equipment for that problem, and even they don't want to reveal their faces via webcam because if the project has any problems and the information is leaked, they will be in trouble. In addition, with a project that many people participate, developers will also not have enough time and manpower to make video calls for all, uploading document files will be faster as you say or do not need KYC will be what makes people more comfortable

▄▆▆▄
           ▄████████▄
        ▄██████████████▄
     ▄███████      ███████▄
  ▄███████            ███████▄
███████                  ███████
█████▀                    ▀▀██▀
█████
█████                       ▄▆█
█████                   ▆██████
█████                   ████████
  ▀█                   █▀ ▐████
▄                          ▐████
██▆▄▄                    ▄█████
███████                  ███████
  ▀███████            ███████▀
     ▀███████      ███████▀
        ▀██████████████▀
           ▀████████▀

. Graphene Airdrop Coming Soon by Phore .
  █████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
█████████               ████████
█████████           ▅▆████████▌
█████████     ▅▅▆████████████▌
█████████▆█████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████▀▀▀
████████████████▀▀▀
█████████▀▀
█████████
█████████
Thomas-s

Activity: 1274
Merit: 500

Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network

View Profile
December 22, 2018, 02:09:40 PM

So many bounty are scams and thus KYC data may not be safe if hacked. But if bounty is not a scam , then video call KYC verification is not a big deal.
Well, even if the project is a scam, they will not be able to use any of your data taken through the video call. I think this identity check would be possible.

,gaaaaaaaagaaaaaaaaaaaaagaaaaaaaag,
           ,aP8b    _,dYba,       ,adPb,_    d8Ya,
         ,aP"  Yb_,dP"   "Yba, ,adP"   "Yb,_dP  "Ya,
       ,aP"    _88"         )888(         "88_    "Ya,
     ,aP"   _,dP"Yb      ,adP"8"Yba,      dP"Yb,_   "Ya,
   ,aPYb _,dP8    Yb  ,adP"   8   "Yba,  dP    8Yb,_ dPYa,
 ,aP"  YdP" dP     YbdP"      8      "YbdP     Yb "YbP  "Ya,
I8aaaaaa8aaa8baaaaaa88aaaaaaaa8aaaaaaaa88aaaaaad8aaa8aaaaaa8I
`Yb,   d8a, Ya      d8b,      8      ,d8b      aP ,a8b   ,dP'
  "Yb,dP "Ya "8,   dI "Yb,    8    ,dP" Ib   ,8" aP" Yb,dP"
    "Y8,   "YaI8, ,8'   "Yb,  8  ,dP"   `8, ,8IaP"   ,8P"
      "Yb,   `"Y8ad'      "Yb,8,dP"      `ba8P"'   ,dP"
        "Yb,    `"8,        "Y8P"        ,8"'    ,dP"
          "Yb,    `8,         8         ,8'    ,dP"
            "Yb,   `Ya        8        aP'   ,dP"
              "Yb,   "8,      8      ,8"   ,dP"
                "Yb,  `8,     8     ,8'  ,dP" 
                  "Yb, `Ya    8    aP' ,dP"   
                    "Yb, "8,  8  ,8" ,dP"
                      "Yb,`8, 8 ,8',dP"
                        "Yb,Ya8aP,dP"
                          "Y88888P"
                            "Y8P"
                              "

Free TON

PEER-TO-PEER MULTY-BLOCKCHAIN SYSTEM
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬TON SURF - OFFICIAL WALLET ▬▬▬▬

▄███████████████████▄
        █████████████████████
▄█████  █████████████████████
██████  ████             ████
███     █████████████████████
██████  ████             ████
██████  █████████████████████
███     █████████████████████
███████ ▀███████████████████▀
▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▀████
  ████▌                 ██ 
  ▐██▌                     
   █▌

TELEGRAM
FORUM
WIKI
MAUTMALAIKAT

Activity: 476
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 22, 2018, 02:39:01 PM

Video call for kyc verification?? Is it possible? Do you think it is the best way , rather than uploading your documents for kyc verification process? Most bounty campaigns and ICOs nowadays required a kyc.

If video call for Kyc verification is possible, what is the best and secure app to you use for video call
I think that's good. We, after uploading the document, there must be fear if our documents will be misused by them. If the verification via video call is good. The problem is that internet networks sometimes don't support accessing video calls in different countries. Then it will definitely be difficult to enter the call because many people will make a video call.

ETERBASE | TRADE WITH NEGATIVE FEES
▬ xbase ▬▬▬■▌[SIGN UP NOW]▐■▬▬▬ xbase ▬
ANN THREAD   |    TELEGRAM    |    FACEBOOK    |    TWITTER
CLywaTeLb

Activity: 770
Merit: 101

send and receive money instantly, no hidden costs

View Profile
December 22, 2018, 02:52:47 PM

Yes, the technical ability to check such the KYC is not everywhere.

Let's look at this discussion from the side. This recognition of defeat. No KYC! As a bounty hunter, I repeatedly refused to receive a reward when the team demanded KYC. And survived it. As an investor, I bought assets on exchanges without verification.

kaito.

Activity: 336
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 22, 2018, 02:54:49 PM

with the Kyc document system there are still many gaps that made many people fill up with fake data.
Kyc with a video call system is very good if it can be used in all ICOs or bounties, because it can reduce fraud that occurs.
but if it implemented many people will surely disagree because that will eliminates one of the advantages of cryptocurrency, which is confidentiality.
mammoniter

Activity: 574
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2018, 03:46:01 PM

Yes I think its possible. Specially now that there are a lot of social media outlet out there. They can use facebook and skype to do that but I don't think that its necessary and practical anymore. First is that they don't have that much time to interview all the investors. Second, not all investors will like that due to security and privacy reasons.

anggle

Activity: 377
Merit: 1

"AMANPURI●ultimate exchange"

View Profile
December 22, 2018, 03:54:33 PM

It is also understandable why this is enacted, essentially this is to minimize the truth data, ensure that the data indicated it's true existence with its owner. as time went on I think crypto will progressively tighten all his system. for that, inevitably, if we decided to join in the crypto then must follow the rules of the game.

┈┈┈┈┈ AMANPURI ❘ ultimate exchange ┈┈┈┈┈
● High Leverage ● Asset Protection ●
┈┈┈┈┈ https://amanpuri.io/tokensale ┈┈┈┈┈
clarkt

Activity: 658

View Profile
December 22, 2018, 06:17:39 PM

It is definitely unnecessary!  Simple KYC should be what is needed for bounty hunters and government verified id for contributors and investors.  There is no need having your pictures contributes to random faces we see on the internet! 

megaplage

Activity: 320

View Profile
December 26, 2018, 08:04:09 AM

Video call for kyc verification?? Is it possible? Do you think it is the best way , rather than uploading your documents for kyc verification process? Most bounty campaigns and ICOs nowadays required a kyc.

If video call for Kyc verification is possible, what is the best and secure app to you use for video call

I believe that this is necessary only for investors, but not for bounty hunters. Bounty hunters do not pose a financial threat to the company and the project, as they are engaged exclusively in attracting people.
nreal

Activity: 932

arcs-chain.com

View Profile
December 26, 2018, 08:07:38 AM

I see that there are now a number of large exchanges like OKex that have adopted KYC format by video, but not video calls. I think KYC by video or video call is very difficult to implement, because it requires more resources.

► ARCS ◄ ♦ ARCS - The New World Token (*Listed on KuCoin) ♦ ► ARCS ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Website|Twitter|Medium|Telegram|Whitepaper
GREENch

Activity: 1400
Merit: 103

View Profile
December 26, 2018, 08:28:59 AM

Verification of identity through video communication is not a solution to the problem of KYC, as for these purposes bounty hunters can hire homeless people to sit in front of the camera and show their documents
saycryptohello

Activity: 574
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 26, 2018, 08:32:20 AM

I haven’t met such a solution before, but of course, it’s all strange, for what purpose do they need a video call, to exclude all possible manipulations using other people's documents?
Patrix_1

Activity: 364

View Profile
December 26, 2018, 05:11:35 PM

It is a great method to pass the KYC verification, because it is much more comfortable than to send your personal docs or make a video by your own. I would like that every project would integrate this process into their token sale process.
Genrix

Activity: 630

View Profile
December 26, 2018, 05:13:00 PM

I passed a lot of KYC without any doubt and video KYC isn't that hard as you think. Usually you have to move your face and make several actions to verify your identity

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ⚫     ViteX     ⚫ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▐ ███████|     Exchange By The Community, For The Community     |███████ ▌
Bitcointalk  |  DEX  |  Telegram  |  Twitter  |  Vite Wallet  |  Vite Forum  |  Discord
Kepasa
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1014

View Profile
December 26, 2018, 05:16:04 PM

video call- nonsense is it all, urine tests still they do not carry in jars?
asder250

Activity: 708
Merit: 103

Empowering crypto w/ sustainable energy

View Profile
December 26, 2018, 05:17:41 PM

Video Call KYC verification is for me better because the process is much faster.
And I also think that for companies much better because it cant be cheated with fake IDs.

baigreen

Activity: 625

View Profile
December 26, 2018, 05:19:38 PM

video call- nonsense is it all, urine tests still they do not carry in jars?

Grin They no longer know how to put us on these lists. Fingerprints passport video calling. Maybe soon we will be tested as you said. The market is dying and they are putting more pressure. I think this is done to get as much information about us as possible.
Sawadekub

Activity: 350
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 26, 2018, 05:40:57 PM

If we are talking about a full-valued video call, where people will have to be present from both sides, then this doesn't make sense. This will take a lot of time and money of project. It would be much more justified to use the program for automatic data verification.
Last year (I don’t know how it is now) on the Poloniex exchange was checking through the camera, but there it was just necessary to take a selfie and it was automatically sent to them. But this is a completely different type of verification, in fact, you still give them your photos (even if you use the device’s camera).
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 »
  Print  

Jump to: