Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 09:09:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 [190] 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 ... 543 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ANN-EMC2 Einsteinium FUNDING THE FUTURE WITH THE FUTURE OF CURRENCY KMD-dPoW  (Read 1076335 times)
airwalker2662

Activity: 116
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 09:29:51 PM

Well that's a vote for "no innovation". I'd love to hear you are still mining at xxx Kh/s against one guy mining at 250 MH/s and dumping at 500 then 300 then 150 satoshis.

I'd like to make something clear here. Copying a code from another fork and implementing in your own rebranded coin isn't innovation either. In order to innovate, certain problems that need solutions that cannot be solved(effectively or efficiently) using current ways of doing need to arise for them to call innovation.

Truth is, right now, none of the coming hashing algorithms actually solve anything, they're just PR stunts to help the coin lift off faster. And a more to-the-root-of-things way of looking is the following: cryptocurrencies are a new technology that poses new problems so the presence or lack of ASICs to a coin ecosystem has yet to be proven in anyway helpful or detrimental. Without proper data we cannot hope to provide a proper solution.

(Disclaimer: this is my own personal opinion and it DOES NOT represent the opinion of the team)

Copying a code from another fork and implementing in your own rebranded coin isn't innovation either. Is this coin not already a fork and rebrand of a current algorithm? Nevermind, to be fair I am talking about the future of this coin in it's current algorithm against ASICs. At no point did I say you need to use X algorithm - however, I have made a suggestion to check out ones in the past that are efficient.

Truth is, right now, none of the coming hashing algorithms actually solve anything, they're just PR stunts to help the coin lift off faster. Do you know of all the algo's out there, and are you keeping up with all the coins communities? I think it's quite something to say that everything out there that is new is merely a PR stunt.

(Disclaimer: this is my own personal opinion and it DOES NOT represent the opinion of the team) I am grateful you stated that. Otherwise it would seem that myself and it seems that many of those who have been supporting this coin, may not have the best representative of the communities interest. I remember reading talk earlier about changing the platform, then the news died, then the subject became hard to approach. I am close to giving up on giving my input and support. After all, thankfully there are many options out there with unique ideas and involvement.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ThePatient

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 09:39:18 PM

When is the winner for epoch 2 going to be announced, voting stopped i think right? or is today the last day
Bobsurplus
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

Making money since I was in the womb! @emc2whale

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 09:45:53 PM

When is the winner for epoch 2 going to be announced, voting stopped i think right? or is today the last day

Voting ends tomorrow, winner will be announced shortly there after. We'll also be releasing a calendar to cover the next 12 months of voting.
DoiX

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 10:04:19 PM

Truth is, right now, none of the coming hashing algorithms actually solve anything, they're just PR stunts to help the coin lift off faster. Do you know of all the algo's out there, and are you keeping up with all the coins communities? I think it's quite something to say that everything out there that is new is merely a PR stunt.

I am up to date as humanly possible with the hashing algorithms currently present in launched coins. Solution - the act of solving a problem and not postponing it. Please keep in mind that you also haven't stated what you consider the problem to be nor what the solution provided is(for what problem). Things I made perfectly clear in my previous stated personal opinion.

This will be my final response directed towards you or this issue, I've taken time to check your post history and I came to the conclusion based on your way of arguing that you nitpick on small things for the sake of escalating or furthering the argument without factual elements.
techbytes
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1054

Point. Click. Blockchain

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 10:11:11 PM

The faster they rise, the harder they fall.  EMC2 is building a solid foundation.  900-1000 satoshi for epoch 2 is fine with me.

I'm sure dev team will have another algo fully tested but won't implement it unless necessary.

-tb-

They did in fact text X11 on the testnet a while back

If EMC2 went for X11 it would have tanked very hard after the pump on Kimoto Gravity exploit. DigiShield is probably the best option for now. All other algorithms need special settings and most shy away, even I couldn't get say Scrypt-N to mine, had some issues with X11 .. but it's just easier this way.

If it ain't broken, don't fix it...

-tb-

Well that's a vote for "no innovation". I'd love to hear you are still mining at xxx Kh/s against one guy mining at 250 MH/s and dumping at 500 then 300 then 150 satoshis.

I'm a gambling man.  I'm willing to put up a few btc in an escrow of your choice (reputable of course) and say the dumping you mentioned won't happen.

I will be the guy with three new asic when they deliver and will be mining and holding EMC2...  and if the team switch algo, I will adapt.

-tb-

I will take that bet if we agree to certain conditions:

1.) Algorithm. Must stay current Scrypt in order for bet to be valid. Adaptives or other variables not eligible.
2.) Dumping. Must be clearly defined by volume and prices. I will think about this and would take input from suggestions.
3.) Time period. Obviously we should start immediately after agreeing to conditions. I am assuming in 120-days ASICs should be prolific, so that seems like a good figure.
4.) Escrow and amount. I do not have any escrow suggestions, maybe someone out there can advise? I would like to wager 1 BTC.

1. Agreed
2. Sure, just define the volume and prices
3. Define time period
4. Can anyone suggest an escrow service? 

The BTC I take from you will go to EMC2 Foundation...   Smiley

-tb-

airwalker2662

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 10:33:47 PM

I am up to date as humanly possible with the hashing algorithms currently present in launched coins. Solution - the act of solving a problem and not postponing it. Please keep in mind that you also haven't stated what you consider the problem to be nor what the solution provided is(for what problem). Things I made perfectly clear in my previous stated personal opinion.

This will be my final response directed towards you or this issue, I've taken time to check your post history and I came to the conclusion based on your way of arguing that you nitpick on small things for the sake of escalating or furthering the argument without factual elements.

Thank you for taking time out to read my lengthy post history, it might have been all of 8 in this thread and 20 total. You must have missed something though - I have stated in almost every post what I believe the problem to be. Hint: starts with an "A" and ryhmes with "basic". Bonus points are for the terms "efficiency" and "heat". Thank you for your reply though, as a member of the team to just disregard input shows me it's time to sell and move on.

techbytes
Legendary

Point. Click. Blockchain

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 10:48:19 PM

The faster they rise, the harder they fall.  EMC2 is building a solid foundation.  900-1000 satoshi for epoch 2 is fine with me.

I'm sure dev team will have another algo fully tested but won't implement it unless necessary.

-tb-

If EMC2 went for X11 it would have tanked very hard after the pump on Kimoto Gravity exploit. DigiShield is probably the best option for now. All other algorithms need special settings and most shy away, even I couldn't get say Scrypt-N to mine, had some issues with X11 .. but it's just easier this way.

-tb-

I'm a gambling man.  I'm willing to put up a few btc in an escrow of your choice (reputable of course) and say the dumping you mentioned won't happen.

I will be the guy with three new asic when they deliver and will be mining and holding EMC2...  and if the team switch algo, I will adapt.

-tb-

1.) Algorithm. Must stay current Scrypt in order for bet to be valid. Adaptives or other variables not eligible.
2.) Dumping. Must be clearly defined by volume and prices. I will think about this and would take input from suggestions.
3.) Time period. Obviously we should start immediately after agreeing to conditions. I am assuming in 120-days ASICs should be prolific, so that seems like a good figure.
4.) Escrow and amount. I do not have any escrow suggestions, maybe someone out there can advise? I would like to wager 1 BTC.

I'm willing to escrow this bet.

If airwalker2662 agree, then we will use you as escrow.  Thanks.

-tb-

ThePatient

Activity: 574

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 10:54:59 PM

Voting ends tomorrow, winner will be announced shortly there after. We'll also be releasing a calendar to cover the next 12 months of voting.

ook cool
airwalker2662

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 11:43:07 PM

-tb-

-tb-

-tb-

1. Agreed
2. Sure, just define the volume and prices. I've been digging through the charts and looking at walls. I recommend that our point be at 450 sat or .00000450 BTC. The volume can be anything and is too variable to define, but the price point well indicates a dump.
3. Define time period. I am in USA - Eastern time zone. I was thinking start Monday 04/21/14 at 6 PM EST. This is of course dependant on trusted escrow provider. Ends 120 days from start, i.e. if we do start Monday end date would be August 18th, 2014 if value had not reached amount above.

The BTC I take from you will go to EMC2 Foundation...   Smiley I love it, good luck!

-tb-

techbytes
Legendary

Point. Click. Blockchain

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 02:31:06 AM

-tb-

-tb-

-tb-

1. Agreed
2. Sure, just define the volume and prices. I've been digging through the charts and looking at walls. I recommend that our point be at 450 sat or .00000450 BTC. The volume can be anything and is too variable to define, but the price point well indicates a dump.
3. Define time period. I am in USA - Eastern time zone. I was thinking start Monday 04/21/14 at 6 PM EST. This is of course dependant on trusted escrow provider. Ends 120 days from start, i.e. if we do start Monday end date would be August 18th, 2014 if value had not reached amount above.

The BTC I take from you will go to EMC2 Foundation...   Smiley I love it, good luck!

-tb-

I'm good with the price point at 450 satoshi but on which exchange?
I'm on eastern time zone as well and time frame is good as well.  So on August 18th at 6PM, if price is above 450 satoshi, I take your BTC which will then be donated to the foundation.  If it's below 450 satoshi, you take my BTC. 

FYI, I am not affiliated with EMC2.  I'm just a supporter of the coin and the ideas behind it.

-tb-

Bobsurplus
Legendary

Activity: 1008

Making money since I was in the womb! @emc2whale

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 03:58:49 AM

-tb-

-tb-

-tb-

1. Agreed

-tb-

I'm good with the price point at 450 satoshi but on which exchange?
I'm on eastern time zone as well and time frame is good as well.  So on August 18th at 6PM, if price is above 450 satoshi, I take your BTC which will then be donated to the foundation.  If it's below 450 satoshi, you take my BTC. 

FYI, I am not affiliated with EMC2.  I'm just a supporter of the coin and the ideas behind it.

-tb-

I think you guys should define what under 450 sat means.. on one exchange?? I hope not as I can do that without even using half my stack..

Maybee something like average over 24 hours on 3 highest volume exchanges..

BotwinBG

Activity: 588

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 04:03:23 AM

https://coin-horse.com/?rec=126 , is that pointing to a einsteinium member account or was it a mistake? If you ask me, I think rec=75 looks much better.

AMEPAY
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄█████████▀▀▄▀▀█████████▄

▄██████▄▄█▀ ▀█▄▄██████▄
███████  ▀▀█▄██▀▀▄███████
███████ █ ▄ █ ▄▀▀▄███████
████████ █ █ █ ▄▀▀▄████████
▀█████████▄█ █ ▄██████████▀
▀████████  ▀▀▀  ████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
│▌
AMEPAY IEO
▄██████▄ ▀██████▄
█████████  ▀█████
███████▀     ▀███
██████▀  ▄█▄  ▀██
██████▄  ▀█▀  ▄██
███████▄     ▄███
█████████  ▄█████
▀██████▀ ▄██████▀
AMEPAY LISTING
   ▐███▄
   ████▌
▐██████████▄
████████████
 ████▌  █████
▐████  ▄████
██████████▀
 ▀█████▀▀
▐│
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄█████████▀▀▄▀▀█████████▄

▄██████▄▄█▀ ▀█▄▄██████▄
███████  ▀▀█▄██▀▀▄███████
███████ █ ▄ █ ▄▀▀▄███████
████████ █ █ █ ▄▀▀▄████████
▀█████████▄█ █ ▄██████████▀
▀████████  ▀▀▀  ████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
einsteinium (OP)

Activity: 536
Merit: 252

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2014, 09:58:32 AM

https://coin-horse.com/?rec=126 , is that pointing to a einsteinium member account or was it a mistake? If you ask me, I think rec=75 looks much better.

That was a mistake on my part (Ryan), the link has been corrected to point directly to the Einsteinium coin section of that site. Thanks for pointing it out.

"rec=75" does look pretty good. You should add it to your signature!

MIL coin Blue Paper www.emc2.foundation/mil
dailey123

Activity: 128
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 11:21:55 AM

awsome coin not selling my coins till atleast 3000 btc ratio
tz

Activity: 350
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 11:34:41 AM

I don't get this. I've been mining for almost 12 hours non stop on a P2pool node. During the last few hours I saw diff going down, network hash going down, and, to my surprise, my payouts going down too. The number of blocks found by the P2pool remains pretty much constant. Under these circumstances, shouldn't I see an increase in payout? What am I missing?
ocminer
Legendary

Activity: 2660
Merit: 1240

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2014, 11:36:45 AM

https://emc2.suprnova.cc

The Day 1 EMC2 Pool
Steady and fast Payouts
Heavy Load approved
Straum+VDiff
Fast US and EU Connections
Over 500MH/s in the Pool
Wallet 1.1 !
Promo: 0 % fee - try us !

Safe against fake shares!

suprnova pools - reliable mining pools - #suprnova on freenet
https://www.suprnova.cc - FOLLOW us @ Twitter ! twitter.com/SuprnovaPools
einsteinium (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2014, 12:00:38 PM

I don't get this. I've been mining for almost 12 hours non stop on a P2pool node. During the last few hours I saw diff going down, network hash going down, and, to my surprise, my payouts going down too. The number of blocks found by the P2pool remains pretty much constant. Under these circumstances, shouldn't I see an increase in payout? What am I missing?

Hello sir,

EMC2 block halving occurred as of yesterday. This will account for the payouts being lower. As the coin halves, they become more rare to obtain and should increase value due to rarity alone. Not only that, but Einsteinium has proven itself as a valuable asset to those in the scientific field who are needing extra money though donation.

Mining EMC2 helps real scientists get the money they need for future developments. As coin value increases, so does the donation amount. In the volatile market of cryptocurrency, it's nice to have a coin that is providing aide to serious projects. In the future, we may be able to fund some really BIG SCIENCE. We appreciate your support and I'm sure humanity will too.

Please let us know if you have any more questions.

- Ryan

einsteinium (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2014, 12:02:49 PM

awsome coin not selling my coins till atleast 3000 btc ratio

Thank you for your support! We will be able to offer some big donations to science at that point.

etoque
Legendary

Activity: 1974

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 12:52:26 PM

for interested,I have buy a gift card for google store,a 25$ card,if someone want exchange it for EMC2 or btc Smiley
Varvarin
Legendary

Activity: 1130

No good deed goes unpunished

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2014, 03:15:07 PM

Looking at the prices, it beggars belief. For 2 days someone was buying BTCs worth at 800-890, had half a dozen sell orders filled above 850 and bought all back 700-750, looking at it now .. could have waited for another 10% .. or sold the lot and bought back now, oh well ..  Cheesy

Dump was inevitable, EMC2 had 2GHs on it and now is 1Ghs as a lot just got dumped in chunks to 700. Can't really continue, but if one looks at USDe, was pumped to 100 before block halved, dropped to 60 or less and has been rebuilding since to 200 and growing. Of course, USDe had 1/4 of the hashing power on it and is only now matched to EMC2.

Let the dust settle, and buy tons when dumpers get bored.

Coinmarket Cat prowls once again.
https://twitter.com/VarvarinEMC2
Pages: « 1 ... 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 [190] 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 ... 543 »
  Print  

Jump to: