Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 08:13:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 [230] 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 ... 543 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ANN-EMC2 Einsteinium FUNDING THE FUTURE WITH THE FUTURE OF CURRENCY KMD-dPoW  (Read 1076335 times)
iru786

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 06:34:18 AM

I submit the following nominations:
mdtspain    -    Treasurer & Board Member
djnocide    -  Secretary & Board Member
Oldminer    -   Board Member

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
mdtspain
Legendary

Activity: 1076
Merit: 1003

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 06:57:29 AM

Thank you, I will accept the nomination as  treasurer/ board member

nominate:
armis as president/ board member
ottobene as vice-president/ board member
djnocide  as secretary and board member
Oldminer as board member
ottobene

Activity: 448
Merit: 254

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 09:43:09 AM

But I do not want to be vice president Smiley
ottobene

Activity: 448
Merit: 254

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 09:47:53 AM

I watch on EMC2, but unfortunately missed some time. What happened to the dev core? anyone left?
Armis

Activity: 588
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 02:03:15 PM

But I do not want to be vice president Smiley

I'm sorry to see that   

I watch on EMC2, but unfortunately missed some time. What happened to the dev core? anyone left?

From my understanding a remnant remains, but what if everyone left, what would you do?

On the other hand what if no one left, what if the whole dev core was still in place doing the best they could, what would you do?  

To me, it doesn't make much of a difference, I'm looking at the month+ performance record and deciding on that to help it or leave it -- I've chosen to help it.

What if the weak shell of a coin you see now was depending on you to make a come back, what would you do?

Waiting and watching didn't work, discussion of good ideas didn't work, not even a promising action plan; EMC2 problems will only be solved with concerted actions,

Team EMC2 ... will strengthen EMC2 and result in higher more stable market values.   Specifically, we will responsibly and expeditiously address all of the issues brought up by the community, including but not limited to: POS, merge mining, limited exchanges, retail usage, leadership progress reports, official valuations, etc ...

In addition, we we will reach out to other CC communities for intelligence and assistance, and reach out beyond the CC industry for support as well; we will grow EMC2 in such a way that will make the community proud.

afeizhai

Activity: 109
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 04:06:54 PM

The cottage is now popular currency which is not POS? Most simple cottage POW currency will become extinct!

djnocide
Legendary

Activity: 1164
Merit: 1000

Einsteinium Foundation Board Member and Treasurer

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 05:37:23 PM

As the open nomination period is over, we have :

armis as President & Board Member
mdtspain   as Treasurer & Board Member
djnocide    as  Secretary & Board Member
Oldminer    as   Board Member
Vice president and one Board Member seat still empty.

Since only one nomination was made per seat and officer position, we don't need elections.
We still need to find someone to fill the vice-president position and someone for the fifth Board Member seat.
emc2

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2014, 07:22:53 PM
Last edit: June 09, 2014, 08:57:06 PM by emc2

As the open nomination period is over [...]
Since only one nomination was made per seat and officer position, we don't need elections.
Well with a nomination period of ~2 days, during a week end, don't be surprised of not getting enough candidates to do a proper election.
Maybe I'm the only one not following this topic every hour, but this don't especially sounds like a democracy to me.
Maybe you should extend the "nomination" period a little?
Oldminer
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 08:58:35 PM

We still need to find someone to fill the vice-president position and someone for the fifth Board Member seat.

What does the role of Vice President actually entail (apart from covering for the President should he be unavailable?)

If you like my post please feel free to give me some positive rep https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=18639
Tip me BTC: 1FBmoYijXVizfYk25CpiN8Eds9J6YiRDaX
djnocide
Legendary

Activity: 1164

Einsteinium Foundation Board Member and Treasurer

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 10:06:00 PM

Well with a nomination period of ~2 days, during a week end, don't be surprised of not getting enough candidates to do a proper election.
Maybe I'm the only one not following this topic every hour, but this don't especially sounds like a democracy to me.

With the situation we have right now, we need to act fast if we don't want that coin to die. The time lapse was short, it's true. Give us the chance to put emc2 in the right path. An other election will be called after the first steps are made. With the result given by the actions done by the team in place, we'll try to give more time for any member to nominate who they think is worth the seats. You are welcome to help us with the continuation of the plan in place.
Armis

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 10:53:48 PM
Last edit: June 09, 2014, 11:54:36 PM by Armis

What does the role of Vice President actually entail (apart from covering for the President should he be unavailable?)

Normally, meaning if we were not in an emergency situation, we would have a set of bylaws that would delineate the duties and responsibilities for each person connected to the organization, that would be: the members, the board as a whole, each board members, the chairman, the officers (Pres, VP, 2nd VP, Tres, Secy), Committee Chairs, and committee members, employees.

Although it is not a high priority item (meaning not relevant to market value) the board will likely schedule the creation of bylaws for some later time period.

To answer the question more directly, the VP's chief responsibility is exactly what you indicated (red), with or without other customary or legislative duties.

Since April 20 EMC2 lost a tremendous amount of market value; over the past month approximately 40 people have expressed various levels of discontent with the condition we, the EMC2 community, find ourselves in; over the past 20 days the EMC2 community discussed various ways that might revive EMC2; in the past 10 days the Einsteinium Community Action Plan (ECAP) was introduced as a bold initiative to move on those great community ideas, however it failed to get overwhelming community support.  Immediately after that failure, to avoid a leadership vacuum, and to enable the merits of ECAP to be readdressed in a more definitive way an election plan was drafted.  

If you read all of the posts between your two most recent posts you will have all of the details and get a real sense of the mounting frustration many had with the 'time wasting' process of trying to do things in a democratic, responsible, yet expeditious fashion.

Although board and officer nominations are closed you are very much welcomed and encouraged to do all you can to help improve EMC2's condition.  In a couple days the newly elected board will be reaching out to everyone seeking volunteers to participate more in focused ways.  

These low prices are coming to an end, grab them up while you can:
Lovethecoins

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 03:01:37 AM

I still believe... everyone can have a rebound I've seen it on multiple coins!!!!

Lets get a team together get on twitter and we will see the btc start coming once we get a couple investors these prices will go back over 500 no doubt about it. .. 70 sat is basically we are none existent

raizor

Activity: 171

Some people just want to watch the world dance.

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 11:24:10 AM

I've not been following the Einsteinium situation very closely lately, but I'm sad to see that things have taken a bit of a downturn. It's always struck me as a nice coin, with some nice features. The community seems to be rallying, which is good to see. One thing that may help, is reducing some of the clutter in the Einsteinium sub-reddit. I appreciate that cross posting science related articles helps keep the subreddit active, but it also creates a ton of noise and creates a general air of unruliness (IMHO). If you're looking to encourage adopters, keeping things like that clean and accessible will likely prove helpful.

Is the biggest problem at present a lack of developers working on the coin? Which features do people believe would give EMC2 the boost it needs? I see a lot of mention of POS (Proof of Stake) functionality. POS, along with anonymous transactions seem to be flavour of the month amongst the other coins at present. Having said that, some of the POS coins (such as MintCoin), also seem to be in a bit of a slump at present too.
Armis

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 12:32:50 PM

I've not been following the Einsteinium situation very closely lately, but I'm sad to see that things have taken a bit of a downturn. It's always struck me as a nice coin, with some nice features. The community seems to be rallying, which is good to see. One thing that may help, is reducing some of the clutter in the Einsteinium sub-reddit. I appreciate that cross posting science related articles helps keep the subreddit active, but it also creates a ton of noise and creates a general air of unruliness (IMHO). If you're looking to encourage adopters, keeping things like that clean and accessible will likely prove helpful.

Is the biggest problem at present a lack of developers working on the coin? Which features do people believe would give EMC2 the boost it needs? I see a lot of mention of POS (Proof of Stake) functionality. POS, along with anonymous transactions seem to be flavour of the month amongst the other coins at present. Having said that, some of the POS coins (such as MintCoin), also seem to be in a bit of a slump at present too.

Thanks for that message.

At the present time the newly elected board (only hours old) is organizing itself and will likely issue it's first EMC2 Board Report in the coming days, frequent updates are expected to follow as well.

I can assure you that absolutely everything you have mentioned will eventually be addressed by the board.  A part of that 'organizing' will be the prioritization of issues of concern to EMC2, currently the #1 priority is unquestionably EMC2's market value, as such much of what you see in the coming weeks will directly or indirectly positively affect EMC2 market value.

It is likely that committees will form and that invitations will be extended to you; one of the best ways to help EMC2 and its board is to participated on a committee.
Gauss14

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 02:18:43 PM

Hi all,
I noticed the election and Armis' kind invitation PM when it was all finished. Thanks for your PM Armis. I hope all will be good for Einsteinium because it excited me from the first moment I read about it and actively involved as a miner quite long time till dramatic falling of the prices. May be because I'm a physicist but it sounded really great. To know that practically some science projects (that could really change the world and living of people) getting funding because I mine the coin. For me still Einsteinium is different from other coins, core and the philosophy is same as first day. Bad or worse, Einsteinium too is going on the same challenging road as every other coin is going.

I heard about cryptocoins and Bitcoin in the beginning of Jan 2014. I get involved in mining with LTC and made my investment in hardware for it and waiting some watercooling orders from abroad (I live in Turkey, EK is in Slovenia, paper work and delays) and finally started mining in first days of February. I was optimistic and hoping a steady growth of popularity and prices in several months. But almost worst things happened. World's biggest exchange collapsed with client investments and political, regulatory bans and uncertain attitudes from states. And it makes me sorry to say it here but I did the biggest mistake as I changed all my mined LTC to EMC2 with the hopes and bright future expectation of this coin. Since then it came to a point that I can't mine for only electricity bill let alone my hardware expenditure. Not mining for several weeks now.

I was mining LTC till start of April. Difficulty was on the rise. Everyone were rumouring about arrivals of scrypt asics on June or later but it's been more than two months that I can't mine LTC to pay for the electricity I used. I remember the days of LTC that hash rate of the network was below 100 GH/s. At the moment it's 337 GH/s. They are not GPU miners anymore, scrypt asic farms are already here for nearly two months. It's impossible to mine LTC with GPU paying electricity for quite some time. May be they are scrypt-asic manufacturers themselves or their quite "first row" unannounced clients but that hitted really hard on GPU mining. And knocked it out.

After mining EMC2 for a month till first days of the May. I was thinking may be X11 algo would be another port that GPU miners save themselves from that hit. I tried Logicoin for some time but same fate with low prices. Now I don't think only algo type can save the price of a coin or its faith. I would suggest the idea of changing the algo of EMC2 to X11. Honestly no GPU can race with a scrypt-asic in terms of efficieny. And with the appearant fact that scrypt asics are already here: I can't mine EMC2 anymore no matter how I wish it without an algo change. But I won't insist on it here. I have my minings and tradings profit all kept in EMC2 in my wallet. And waiting patiently for things to change.

Your effort is great to save and do something for the EMC2. But I wonder if people elected here as board members have backing and help of any of developers or Einsteinium project executers???

Also I suggest to construct some forum pages in the official Einsteinium site to discuss and manage the fate of EMC2 as a community. IMO this would also show the difference of our community and bold efforts of this great community.

Thanks all the developers and persons of the team of Einsteinium, they do a great job and also community here that don't hesitate to take action and do something about our coin. Wish all a bright future.

Erdinc
afeizhai

Activity: 109
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 02:43:53 PM

Hi all,
I noticed the election and Armis' kind invitation PM when it was all finished. Thanks for your PM Armis. I hope all will be good for Einsteinium because it excited me from the first moment I read about it and actively involved as a miner quite long time till dramatic falling of the prices. May be because I'm a physicist but it sounded really great. To know that practically some science projects (that could really change the world and living of people) getting funding because I mine the coin. For me still Einsteinium is different from other coins, core and the philosophy is same as first day. Bad or worse, Einsteinium too is going on the same challenging road as every other coin is going.

I heard about cryptocoins and Bitcoin in the beginning of Jan 2014. I get involved in mining with LTC and made my investment in hardware for it and waiting some watercooling orders from abroad (I live in Turkey, EK is in Slovenia, paper work and delays) and finally started mining in first days of February. I was optimistic and hoping a steady growth of popularity and prices in several months. But almost worst things happened. World's biggest exchange collapsed with client investments and political, regulatory bans and uncertain attitudes from states. And it makes me sorry to say it here but I did the biggest mistake as I changed all my mined LTC to EMC2 with the hopes and bright future expectation of this coin. Since then it came to a point that I can't mine for only electricity bill let alone my hardware expenditure. Not mining for several weeks now.

I was mining LTC till start of April. Difficulty was on the rise. Everyone were rumouring about arrivals of scrypt asics on June or later but it's been more than two months that I can't mine LTC to pay for the electricity I used. I remember the days of LTC that hash rate of the network was below 100 GH/s. At the moment it's 337 GH/s. They are not GPU miners anymore, scrypt asic farms are already here for nearly two months. It's impossible to mine LTC with GPU paying electricity for quite some time. May be they are scrypt-asic manufacturers themselves or their quite "first row" unannounced clients but that hitted really hard on GPU mining. And knocked it out.

After mining EMC2 for a month till first days of the May. I was thinking may be X11 algo would be another port that GPU miners save themselves from that hit. I tried Logicoin for some time but same fate with low prices. Now I don't think only algo type can save the price of a coin or its faith. I would suggest the idea of changing the algo of EMC2 to X11. Honestly no GPU can race with a scrypt-asic in terms of efficieny. And with the appearant fact that scrypt asics are already here: I can't mine EMC2 anymore no matter how I wish it without an algo change. But I won't insist on it here. I have my minings and tradings profit all kept in EMC2 in my wallet. And waiting patiently for things to change.

Your effort is great to save and do something for the EMC2. But I wonder if people elected here as board members have backing and help of any of developers or Einsteinium project executers???

Also I suggest to construct some forum pages in the official Einsteinium site to discuss and manage the fate of EMC2 as a community. IMO this would also show the difference of our community and bold efforts of this great community.

Thanks all the developers and persons of the team of Einsteinium, they do a great job and also community here that don't hesitate to take action and do something about our coin. Wish all a bright future.

Erdinc

As long as the change to POS, can solve all the questions you.

Armis

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 04:31:09 PM

Hi all,

Erdinc

Gauss14 thanks for your message, sorry you didn't see my message to you earlier than you did.

You are invited to serve on the, soon to be formed, Mining Committee, there you would be able to work with other in the EMC2 community to thoroughly examine the issues you brought up so that a proper recommendation to the board could be made.   If you go back a number of posts you will see a pretty thorough examination of the POS matter although no formal action was taken, one way or the other, on the matter.

We are also looking for volunteers -- you help EMC2 whenever you have time to do so even if it is only 1 hr a week. 
ahumanbeingx

Activity: 221

"The only real valuable thing is intuition."

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 05:27:09 PM

I've recently been handed the keys to the coins 2.5% mining fund, Website, BitcoinTalk account, Twitter, Facebook Page, Facebook Group and I am now ready to take a leading role in EMC2 as planned from within the team. I do agree there needs to be a new community effort to support the coin, and I respect what ECAP plans to do.

Please keep in mind, "Armis" is the leader of ECAP and not Einsteinium. That remains the reality unless someone reaches out to the remaining devs of EMC2 which are Christine, Lucas, and myself for needed changes brought on by the community.

Thank you.

Developing the future of crypto.
ahumanbeingx

Activity: 221

"The only real valuable thing is intuition."

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 05:36:26 PM

This is simply for the community portion of the coin which Armis is spearheading. He may hold a more thorough election process after first stages of community evolution.

Developing the future of crypto.
Bobsurplus
Legendary

Activity: 1008

Making money since I was in the womb! @emc2whale

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 09:52:26 PM

Guys... How can I help revive this coin.. I've put out over 15K on emc2 and I'd like to see some of it back if possible. I have time but I refuse to throw in any more money. We still have the NPO registered here in Canada and the Canadian director still believes in EMC2..

So... anything I can do?
Pages: « 1 ... 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 [230] 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 ... 543 »
  Print  

Jump to: