Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 09:36:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 [236] 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 ... 543 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ANN-EMC2 Einsteinium FUNDING THE FUTURE WITH THE FUTURE OF CURRENCY KMD-dPoW  (Read 1076335 times)
HKBvM

Activity: 398
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 06:40:48 PM

One thing that must be considered about the poll is that essentially it has 2 choices (because of the nature of one of the choices being "no change"). It becomes a poll of "change or no change" and then which change. So when assesing the votes, it should be noted that the majority of voters that vote anything except no change would probably want to see a change. Therefor, I believe that for "no change" to be the winner, it should, consider first that the majority might (or might not, if no change counts for over 50%) want a change.

I was actually thinking the same thing. I would have preferred a 1st step voting POS/POW and if POW wins out a second step to decide to stay at srypt or change to any other algo. But I decided I can live with the current poll, time is of essence.

Whatever. Buying at below 100 levels over the last 2 weeks daily (as my way of supporting the coin) has payed of already if I would dump now. Which I wont.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Oldminer
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 09:29:06 PM

Please vote for EMC2 https://hitbtc.com/vote

If you like my post please feel free to give me some positive rep https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=18639
Tip me BTC: 1FBmoYijXVizfYk25CpiN8Eds9J6YiRDaX
Herbix

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 09:36:16 PM

My suggestion: "Merged mining" with Curecoin (and hard fork), support science funding with actually supporting science.

Mining is only a waste of computing power  Roll Eyes
DianaLime

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 02:28:56 AM

I love supporting a valuable cause like this as the future with growing the digital currency industry using phcoin https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=589992
I wonder how phcoin and EMC2 can work together with Currency supporting another Currency? Mission for a Mission?
Lovethecoins

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 03:13:06 AM

Looks the community is stronger now then ever lots of suggestions... Hearing a little chatter on twitter!

Keep it up guys Smiley

I see the light at the end of the tunnel and it isn`t a train Smiley

ahumanbeingx

Activity: 221
Merit: 100

"The only real valuable thing is intuition."

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 09:09:14 AM

ANNOUNCEMENT

I've created a new thread for voting on our new algorithm implementation. Please take into consideration all possibilities and cast your vote accordingly. The poll will last 5 days and I will announce the winner on both threads this coming weekend.

HERE IS THE POLL:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=654552.new#new

Please feel free to quote this post and keep discussion alive so that we can make the most balanced decision for everyone. I know that there is no way to make everyone happy, but an open and democratic vote lasting 5 days should help alleviate concerns. Please let me know if you there any other mining options you would like me to add to the poll.

Thanks everyone!

Bumping the poll to make sure everyone gets their vote in! PoS has the clear lead here on Bitcontalk while 'Scrypt (No change)' is the clear winner on the Facebook poll. You can also cast your vote on Reddit here: http://www.reddit.com/r/einsteinium/comments/28bcu4/poll_vote_for_einsteinium_coins_new_algorithm/

Bumping the poll again, there's only a few days left before the decision is made. Our facebook poll is overwhelmingly leaning toward "No Change" while Bitcoin talk is leaning heavily for PoS. Which algo wins? YOU decide!

Developing the future of crypto.
HKBvM

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 09:17:56 AM

Probably a stupid question, but how do you make sure people are not voting multiple times, on reddit, here and ond fb?
ahumanbeingx

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 11:04:04 AM

Probably a stupid question, but how do you make sure people are not voting multiple times, on reddit, here and ond fb?

It's quite possible that there could be multiple votes across different social networks. I encourage voters to get their votes in a maximum of 3 times. Long term member votes will be weighted and rated stronger while new or "shill" accounts won't count at all. The results will then be averaged together and if there is not a clear outstanding winner we will have a tie breaker round which will take place here only.

HKBvM

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 11:54:57 AM

It's quite possible that there could be multiple votes across different social networks. I encourage voters to get their votes in a maximum of 3 times. Long term member votes will be weighted and rated stronger while new or "shill" accounts won't count at all. The results will then be averaged together and if there is not a clear outstanding winner we will have a tie breaker round which will take place here only.

ok, maybe you should have been a bit more clearer about that, as I would have voted only once (in case I could actually vote here or on facebook).

I will leave for a couple of days now and am a bit in a hurry. I decided for POS. Could you just count me in for that?

learminer

Activity: 559

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 12:18:34 PM

Just wanted to say hi, been lurking here for a while and am happy to see the community is rallying to prevent this great coin from dying. I've been quietly adding buy support over the past weeks and am happy to see the coin has now finally stabilized and recovered at least a little bit. Good base to start rebuilding from now!

Just wondering how you will weigh PoS vs. PoW votes. It looks like PoS is the clear leader right now, but if you add up the different PoW algos it looks like PoW is actually still more popular overall (17 PoW vs. 22 PoW). Will you take that into consideration, instead of only looking at the individual results?

ahumanbeingx

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 01:03:27 PM

Just wanted to say hi, been lurking here for a while and am happy to see the community is rallying to prevent this great coin from dying. I've been quietly adding buy support over the past weeks and am happy to see the coin has now finally stabilized and recovered at least a little bit. Good base to start rebuilding from now!

Just wondering how you will weigh PoS vs. PoW votes. It looks like PoS is the clear leader right now, but if you add up the different PoW algos it looks like PoW is actually still more popular overall (17 PoW vs. 22 PoW). Will you take that into consideration, instead of only looking at the individual results?

The actual rating of votes is more bound to facebook and reddit as those with new accounts here on btcTalk are unable to vote. The new memebers who signed up facebook since the vote started will not be counted. I understand that more people here on btcTalk follow mining protocols and are more up-to-date on cryptoTrends than some of the people on the facebook group who are primarily there for tipping. For that reason, I've decided to weigh the votes with a 2/1 average by giving btcTalk votes the longer tooth. All votes will be looked at and considered but long term supporters here on btcTalk do have a stronger say for our new direction. Each social media channel will be given a winner, the strength of those winner will be pitted against each other, and the outstanding leader will be chosen fairly.

ahumanbeingx

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 01:05:18 PM

ok, maybe you should have been a bit more clearer about that, as I would have voted only once (in case I could actually vote here or on facebook).

I will leave for a couple of days now and am a bit in a hurry. I decided for POS. Could you just count me in for that?

You are right, it could have been made more clear. Your vote is extremely important and will be counted in the BTCTalk category. Please see my reply above for more of a breakdown on how the vote tally will play out. Enjoy your time away for the next few days and we look forward to your return.

RodrigoHenrik

Activity: 107
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2014, 07:39:39 AM

Einsteinium is now available on

EMC2/BTC: https://bleutrade.com/exchange/EMC2/BTC
EMC2/LTC: https://bleutrade.com/exchange/EMC2/LTC
EMC2/DOGE: https://bleutrade.com/exchange/EMC2/DOGE

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Why you should choose Bleutrade

• Trade Crypto2Crypto • Real-time Trading • Low Fees • Hundreds of trades per minute • Resistant to DDOS attacks
• Trade 66 cryptocurrencies • Possibility to trade 2145 pairs • Decentralized storage • 95% Cold storage wallet
• Light as a feather system • Encrypted SSL connection • Real-time backup • Fast support (Less than 1 hour)
• Two-Factor Authentication (Google)...

Register on Bleutrade Now!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

COO/CMO & Co-Founder at Bleutrade.com
Lovethecoins

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 07:26:29 PM

Won`t be long and emc2 will be back on the first page on coinmarketcap Smiley

bobq

Activity: 1148
Merit: 307

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 10:52:00 PM

As Alphi has repeatedly said, messing up with the coin's fundamentals is the worse thing to do.
I remind you all that what the main reason of Bitcoin's value is: the fact that unlike with fiat money YOU CAN'T change the quantity of scheduled coins or the way they get produced.
If this rule gets violated, who would ever want to invest in a coin which you can't trust? Total coins may be lowered today, but who guarantees that when the mood changes tomorrow unexpected billions of new coins will be "created out of thin air" - just like fiat money? Once the fundamentals are gone, what's left is just only monopoly money.
Messing with quantity is a receipe to disaster. And those who want to change to PoS just because they own a lot of coins (I have a lot myself, by the way, and I like the idea of PoS, but I think it's not feasible now), could you please explain to me why people would come to you to buy them? Nobody would be able to mine them, only a bounch of people would be able to produce them by PoS, but I don't really understand who would ever suddenly wish to come and buy them from you.
Instead of trying to rise the PRICE of the coin through tricks, I'm inviting once again the community to focus on rising the VALUE of the coin, and the only way to do that is to focus on the reason to be of the coin and to try to get people of the scientific community involved, by accepting EMC2 or by using EMC2 for tipping. I'm doing my best to this extent, until now without much success since so many scientists are still so ignorant and suspicious about cryptocurrencies. But I'll keep on trying. If more people in the community will do the same at some point we will succed, and the VALUE of Einsteinium will rise. And the price will follow.
By the way, the price is recovering quite well even on low volumes, maybe the bottom is now behind us.

matauc12

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 11:23:02 PM

As Alphi has repeatedly said, messing up with the coin's fundamentals is the worse thing to do.
I remind you all that what the main reason of Bitcoin's value is: the fact that unlike with fiat money YOU CAN'T change the quantity of scheduled coins or the way they get produced.
If this rule gets violated, who would ever want to invest in a coin which you can't trust? Total coins may be lowered today, but who guarantees that when the mood changes tomorrow unexpected billions of new coins will be "created out of thin air" - just like fiat money? Once the fundamentals are gone, what's left is just only monopoly money.
Messing with quantity is a receipe to disaster. And those who want to change to PoS just because they own a lot of coins (I have a lot myself, by the way, and I like the idea of PoS, but I think it's not feasible now), could you please explain to me why people would come to you to buy them? Nobody would be able to mine them, only a bounch of people would be able to produce them by PoS, but I don't really understand who would ever suddenly wish to come and buy them from you.
Instead of trying to rise the PRICE of the coin through tricks, I'm inviting once again the community to focus on rising the VALUE of the coin, and the only way to do that is to focus on the reason to be of the coin and to try to get people of the scientific community involved, by accepting EMC2 or by using EMC2 for tipping. I'm doing my best to this extent, until now without much success since so many scientists are still so ignorant and suspicious about cryptocurrencies. But I'll keep on trying. If more people in the community will do the same at some point we will succed, and the VALUE of Einsteinium will rise. And the price will follow.
By the way, the price is recovering quite well even on low volumes, maybe the bottom is now behind us.

Well I think that changing the coin supply has never been in the equation and should never be. So that part is moot.

And about why people would buy your POS coin? This coin had a 6 month distribution vs those all new 10 days pow/pos coins.  (Since you seemed to imply that it would benefit people who hold some already, as with any other coin).
ahumanbeingx

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 07:51:13 AM

ANNOUNCEMENT

I've created a new thread for voting on our new algorithm implementation. Please take into consideration all possibilities and cast your vote accordingly. The poll will last 5 days and I will announce the winner on both threads this coming weekend.

HERE IS THE POLL:

Please feel free to quote this post and keep discussion alive so that we can make the most balanced decision for everyone. I know that there is no way to make everyone happy, but an open and democratic vote lasting 5 days should help alleviate concerns. Please let me know if you there any other mining options you would like me to add to the poll.

Thanks everyone!

Bumping the poll to make sure everyone gets their vote in! PoS has the clear lead here on Bitcontalk while 'Scrypt (No change)' is the clear winner on the Facebook poll. You can also cast your vote on Reddit here: http://www.reddit.com/r/einsteinium/comments/28bcu4/poll_vote_for_einsteinium_coins_new_algorithm/

Bumping the poll again, there's only a few days left before the decision is made. Our facebook poll is overwhelmingly leaning toward "No Change" while Bitcoin talk is leaning heavily for PoS. Which algo wins? YOU decide!

We Have a Winner!

It looks like EMC2 is headed for PoS people!

Even without weighting the votes from BTCTalk, PoS has won the majority user votes when calculating all voting channels. Taking BTCTalk as the primary voting channel (also promoted on twitter), it is clear what direction you guys want to EMC2 take!

BTCTalk: PoS (20), Scrypt (9)
Facebook: Scrypt (13), PoS (2)
Reddit: PoS (3), Scrypt (0)

Totals: PoS (25), Scrypt (22)

Thanks to everyone for voting! Now it's time we discuss implementation of the new PoS system. I'd like to hear member opinions here so that we can try to do what's best for Einsteinium. What do you think?

djnocide
Legendary

Activity: 1164
Merit: 1000

Einsteinium Foundation Board Member and Treasurer

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 11:48:35 AM

ANNOUNCEMENT

HERE IS THE POLL:

Thanks everyone!

We Have a Winner!

It looks like EMC2 is headed for PoS people!

Even without weighting the votes from BTCTalk, PoS has won the majority user votes when calculating all voting channels. Taking BTCTalk as the primary voting channel (also promoted on twitter), it is clear what direction you guys want to EMC2 take!

BTCTalk: PoS (20), Scrypt (9)
Facebook: Scrypt (13), PoS (2)
Reddit: PoS (3), Scrypt (0)

Totals: PoS (25), Scrypt (22)

Thanks to everyone for voting! Now it's time we discuss implementation of the new PoS system. I'd like to hear member opinions here so that we can try to do what's best for Einsteinium. What do you think?

On BTCTalk only, x11 (3) , x13 (4), scrypt-N (4), Groestl (2), Qubit (2) so this is 15 people voting for a PoW algo add scrypt (9) = 24 vote to keep a PoW algo versus 20 to switch for a PoS algo.
ahumanbeingx

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 12:08:42 PM

Out of fairness I'm willing to host another poll here on BTCTalk for PoW and PoS only. That should clear the air a bit and allow is to move forward with a clear winner. How does that sound?

djnocide
Legendary

Activity: 1164
Merit: 1000

Einsteinium Foundation Board Member and Treasurer

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 12:11:51 PM

Out of fairness I'm willing to host another poll here on BTCTalk for PoW and PoS only. That should clear the air a bit and allow is to move forward with a clear winner. How does that sound?

or we could do a something like a 20% PoW/ 80% PoS if it can be done but i'll go with the community if other people want a new pole, let's do it if not, let see our options with the results we have
Pages: « 1 ... 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 [236] 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 ... 543 »
  Print  

Jump to: