Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 10:56:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 [192] 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 ... 543 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ANN-EMC2 Einsteinium FUNDING THE FUTURE WITH THE FUTURE OF CURRENCY KMD-dPoW  (Read 1076335 times)
Bobsurplus
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

Making money since I was in the womb! @emc2whale

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 11:52:10 PM

Bobsurplus, are you ready to escrow this bet between myself and TechBytes?

Yes but the parameters need to be clearer.
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
airwalker2662

Activity: 116
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 11:55:29 PM

Such as?
airwalker2662

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 12:36:24 AM

Such as?

I've just been skimming over your guys posts (the ones about this bet), and I'm not sure i understand the terms....so just make it more succinct?

1.) Algo must stay scrypt.
2.) Price of EMC2 hits 450 satoshi ( .00000450 BTC ). Someone asked earlier about exchanges. I would suggest Mintpal, need confirmation from tb.
3.) Time period starts today - ends 120 days, August 18th, 2014 or when price point reached.
4.) Wager is for one BTC.

Edit: Airwalker2662 wins if price hits 450 satoshi on Mintpal anytime in the next 120-days. TechByte wins if price stays above 450 satoshi on Mintpal for 120-days. If algo changes before bet is won/lost, bet is invalid and returned. Bobsurplus is to handle the escrow and award the winner or invalidate the bet based upon conditions above.

spyro

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

★ BitClave ICO. Join NOW ★

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 01:25:45 AM

Surely the bet should be in EMC2, not BTC.

Change from 1BTC to current EMC2 equivalent = 150,000

praxiscat

Activity: 112
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2014, 01:36:47 AM

There are better topics to talk about, and in some ways this is a waste in time.  We will soon announce the next winner. We are preparing the website right now for that, and our winner has been notified and we are waiting to hear back from them.

Einsteinium.org
airwalker2662

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 03:18:59 AM

The faster they rise, the harder they fall.  EMC2 is building a solid foundation.  900-1000 satoshi for epoch 2 is fine with me.

I'm sure dev team will have another algo fully tested but won't implement it unless necessary.

-tb-

They did in fact text X11 on the testnet a while back

If EMC2 went for X11 it would have tanked very hard after the pump on Kimoto Gravity exploit. DigiShield is probably the best option for now. All other algorithms need special settings and most shy away, even I couldn't get say Scrypt-N to mine, had some issues with X11 .. but it's just easier this way.

If it ain't broken, don't fix it...

-tb-

Well that's a vote for "no innovation". I'd love to hear you are still mining at xxx Kh/s against one guy mining at 250 MH/s and dumping at 500 then 300 then 150 satoshis.

I'm a gambling man.  I'm willing to put up a few btc in an escrow of your choice (reputable of course) and say the dumping you mentioned won't happen.

I will be the guy with three new asic when they deliver and will be mining and holding EMC2...  and if the team switch algo, I will adapt.

-tb-

I will take that bet if we agree to certain conditions:

1.) Algorithm. Must stay current Scrypt in order for bet to be valid. Adaptives or other variables not eligible.
2.) Dumping. Must be clearly defined by volume and prices. I will think about this and would take input from suggestions.
3.) Time period. Obviously we should start immediately after agreeing to conditions. I am assuming in 120-days ASICs should be prolific, so that seems like a good figure.
4.) Escrow and amount. I do not have any escrow suggestions, maybe someone out there can advise? I would like to wager 1 BTC.

1. Agreed
2. Sure, just define the volume and prices. I've been digging through the charts and looking at walls. I recommend that our point be at 450 sat or .00000450 BTC. The volume can be anything and is too variable to define, but the price point well indicates a dump.
3. Define time period. I am in USA - Eastern time zone. I was thinking start Monday 04/21/14 at 6 PM EST. This is of course dependant on trusted escrow provider. Ends 120 days from start, i.e. if we do start Monday end date would be August 18th, 2014 if value had not reached amount above.
4. Can anyone suggest an escrow service? 

The BTC I take from you will go to EMC2 Foundation...   Smiley I love it, good luck!

-tb-

I'm good with the price point at 450 satoshi but on which exchange?
I'm on eastern time zone as well and time frame is good as well.  So on August 18th at 6PM, if price is above 450 satoshi, I take your BTC which will then be donated to the foundation.  If it's below 450 satoshi, you take my BTC. 

FYI, I am not affiliated with EMC2.  I'm just a supporter of the coin and the ideas behind it.

-tb-

Techbytes - I assume we are on?
techbytes
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1054

Point. Click. Blockchain

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 05:07:17 AM

We're on like donkey kong...  Grin

I'm good with the terms.  I'll send Bob the BTC once he posts the address.

-tb-

techbytes
Legendary

Point. Click. Blockchain

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 06:07:21 AM

Praxis is right, this should be done via PMs

Sorry I missed her post.  Will take it to PMs.

-tb-

einsteinium (OP)

Activity: 536
Merit: 252

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2014, 09:42:23 AM

CryptoGiving! A new mining pool dedicated to giving people an easy way to mine the top cryptocurrencies while simultaneously building tools to give back to real world technology, development and charity.

Here's a excerpt from their website:

From http://www.cryptogiving.com/?page_id=24

One way we want to accomplish the above is to be as open and transparent in our operations as possible. We want people to know where their hard earned money, hashing power and coins are going. With that, we will seek to be as open and honest in our operations as possible by doing the following:

We will make sure 100% of all direct donations go directly to charity. This means if you don’t want to mine with us, but still want to donate to one of the listed addresses, 100% of your donation will go to charity and non of it will go to our operating expenses

We will always take 50% of the mining fees and put them toward charity. This means that even if we don’t have enough to cover our operating expenses for that month, we will still put the same amount into charity. We will not sacrifice charity donations to cover our operating expenses

We will take the excess and roll them over to the next month’s operating expenses. If we have an excess in operating expense collection for a certain month, we will take that excess and roll it over to the next month. This will allow us to build a ‘bank’ for all operating expenses and as we grow and will allow us to predict and stabilize expenses from month to month. Once we are stable and operating at a surplus,  we’ll either be able to drop the mining fees by a small amount or contribute more to charity

We know there will be bumps along the way. Perhaps we’ll have a server crash or someone will try and DDOS us taking us down. We know things like this are going to happen. However, what we’re looking to build is a solid user base that will stick with us through these trials because they believe in our goals. We’re not perfect IT people and we know there will be mistakes. But with the help of a solid community and honest and trusting users, we will overcome trials and still be  solid framework for crypto currency mining

How do you feel about this new type of pool service? We are interested in the idea and would like to hear the thoughts of our miners and supports. Is this a good fit for EMC2?

Check out their website at http://cryptogiving.com/

Vote to add Einsteinium to their pool
http://www.cryptogiving.com/?page_id=109 (Vote in the bottom left New Coin Poll)

MIL coin Blue Paper www.emc2.foundation/mil
ottobene

Activity: 448
Merit: 254

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 10:27:09 AM

Continue to vote at https://mywl.lt
Why not just buy,say, 2000 vote for 0.4btc? or BC will notice it and will buy more votes?
ottobene

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 10:27:52 AM

CryptoGiving! A new mining pool dedicated to giving people an easy way to mine the top cryptocurrencies while simultaneously building tools to give back to real world technology, development and charity.

One way we want to accomplish the above is to be as open and transparent in our operations as possible. We want people to know where their hard earned money, hashing power and coins are going. With that, we will seek to be as open and honest in our operations as possible by doing the following:

We will make sure 100% of all direct donations go directly to charity. This means if you don’t want to mine with us, but still want to donate to one of the listed addresses, 100% of your donation will go to charity and non of it will go to our operating expenses

We will always take 50% of the mining fees and put them toward charity. This means that even if we don’t have enough to cover our operating expenses for that month, we will still put the same amount into charity. We will not sacrifice charity donations to cover our operating expenses

We will take the excess and roll them over to the next month’s operating expenses. If we have an excess in operating expense collection for a certain month, we will take that excess and roll it over to the next month. This will allow us to build a ‘bank’ for all operating expenses and as we grow and will allow us to predict and stabilize expenses from month to month. Once we are stable and operating at a surplus,  we’ll either be able to drop the mining fees by a small amount or contribute more to charity

We know there will be bumps along the way. Perhaps we’ll have a server crash or someone will try and DDOS us taking us down. We know things like this are going to happen. However, what we’re looking to build is a solid user base that will stick with us through these trials because they believe in our goals. We’re not perfect IT people and we know there will be mistakes. But with the help of a solid community and honest and trusting users, we will overcome trials and still be  solid framework for crypto currency mining

How do you feel about this new type of pool service? We are interested in the idea and would like to hear the thoughts of our miners and supports. Is this a good fit for EMC2?

http://www.cryptogiving.com/?page_id=109 (Vote in the bottom left New Coin Poll)

Vote now
etoque
Legendary

Activity: 1974

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 02:37:10 PM

Happy 200 page  Smiley

Im excited to know who are the winner today ! Tongue
Bobsurplus
Legendary

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 03:27:52 PM

Hey Etoque..

I too am super excited.. Hopefully the news will be announced sooner then later.
Bobsurplus
Legendary

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 03:34:46 PM

For the bet!

1EpjS8r6Cu4mnmTPrEuGaCS8raranjrvvc
Bobsurplus
Legendary

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 03:36:00 PM

I like this service and idea. I have already voted and if they ad EMC2 then I'll throw one of my rigs at that pool.

What does everyone else here think?
MoneyMorpheus

Activity: 251
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2014, 03:42:42 PM

Mateloft is sorry to announce the end of the 50 emc2 block bounty. It is being reduced to 20 emc2 as we speak. Its still unsustainable at our 0.5% fee. But we will sustain it for some time  Grin

http://emc2.mateloft.com

Report any issues at developer@mateloft.com

Happy mining!

Best altcoin exchange: https://vircurex.com/welcome/index?referral_id=241-35101
https://bter.com/signup/121418 | You may run into issues some time, but support will take care of you threw qq in chinese hours
1EGoA5LMV391Psf8ZHShTkTd3tQ6URKQEp
techbytes
Legendary

Point. Click. Blockchain

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 04:53:01 PM

For the bet!

1EpjS8r6Cu4mnmTPrEuGaCS8raranjrvvc

PM sent...  Thanks.

-tb-

SuperSta

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 06:42:54 PM

http://emc2.lifeforce.info

System: Prop Stratum VarDiff
Pay Interval: Every 60 Seconds (for confirmed blocks)
Fee: 0.75%
Current Pool Hashrate: ~290MH/s
Current Pool Workers: ~230
Multi-Pool Shoutbox: Enabled
Stratums Available: 11
Stratum Locations: 

einsteinium (OP)

Activity: 536
Merit: 252

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2014, 10:04:29 PM

EPOCH 2 Announcement:

When we first started this project we had no clue how the community would respond in regards to the charity and nominations concept. Would they embrace it, would they care for it or would they simply overlook it? We're proud to say that community surprised us and fully embraced the foundation and its goals!

Its been almost two months since then, time during which we had two Epochs and, as of today, two winners. I'm sure most of you remember, but for our new members, join us on a trip down memory lane for a minute.

Our first winner was Walter Moss, Ph.D. whose project "Can viral molecular structures cause cancer?" was funded with over $1500 with the help of our miners and a separate fundraiser that we personally hosted on our social media pages.  As an extra, we decided it was in Walter's best interest that he would also hold a reddit AMA and he was very excited to do so on their science sub. The AMA was supposed to last 2 hours instead he was there for 5 hours the first night and answered questions for the week to follow! A true champion if you ask us. Not only that, when we asked him if he would consider being a scientific advisor for the foundation it took him no time at all to get back to us and say he'd be delighted to be a part of the team.

Now, it's time to announce the second Epoch's winning nominee!
http://einsteinium.org/the-fund/voting-results/

MIL coin Blue Paper www.emc2.foundation/mil
ottobene

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 10:24:40 PM

EPOCH 2 Announcement:

When we first started this project we had no clue how the community would respond in regards to the charity and nominations concept. Would they embrace it, would they care for it or would they simply overlook it? We're proud to say that community surprised us and fully embraced the foundation and its goals!

Its been almost two months since then, time during which we had two Epochs and, as of today, two winners. I'm sure most of you remember, but for our new members, join us on a trip down memory lane for a minute.

Our first winner was Walter Moss, Ph.D. whose project "Can viral molecular structures cause cancer?" was funded with over $1500 with the help of our miners and a separate fundraiser that we personally hosted on our social media pages.  As an extra, we decided it was in Walter's best interest that he would also hold a reddit AMA and he was very excited to do so on their science sub. The AMA was supposed to last 2 hours instead he was there for 5 hours the first night and answered questions for the week to follow! A true champion if you ask us. Not only that, when we asked him if he would consider being a scientific advisor for the foundation it took him no time at all to get back to us and say he'd be delighted to be a part of the team.

Now, it's time to announce the second Epoch's winning nominee!
http://einsteinium.org/the-fund/voting-results/

Nice job! I glad that i am part of Einsteinium community.
In the Epoch 2 voted 91 people. In Epoch 1 voted 67 people. Our community growing, through in small steps, but growing
Pages: « 1 ... 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 [192] 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 ... 543 »
  Print  

Jump to: