Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 10:26:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 [210] 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 ... 543 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ANN-EMC2 Einsteinium FUNDING THE FUTURE WITH THE FUTURE OF CURRENCY KMD-dPoW  (Read 1076335 times)
Charmaine1BKKB

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 02:42:38 PM

My only problem is that I don't have enough hash power. 2morrow i'm planning to buy two brand new cards so I can mine EMC2 more efficiently.
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
praxiscat

Activity: 112
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2014, 02:47:07 PM

Huh Huh
any official statement before we totally drop and forget this coin?
not that I don't believe in the project or ideas behind it, but without a strong coin that can hold its value and grow, the rest won't matter anymore.

btw, it's not by changing algo, it's not by adding Pos or whatever the new flav of the week is... but it's by having an agenda and creating buzz around it.
(and no, i'm not here for p&d)

thanks if you can say something cuz we decided to move our coins back to exchanges now  Sad

I think its time to the dev to do statment about EMC2,what going on, overall progress on work and stop kepping silence on project coming(new wallet?etc)

simply made a roadmap

The roadmap is not a bad idea.
In terms of the new wallet, that may be a ways out, that could take more time then anything else.

Einsteinium.org
SuperSta

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 02:47:40 PM

There isn't a super long term plan of many years to be had with any coin aside from Bitcoin so everyone is a medium to short term investor by default. To invest your life savings into bitcoins let alone any altcoin is incredibly risky; I'm not a financial advisor but my 2 cents would be not to do it. There is no coin in the crypto coin world today that is a long term investment of many years in my opinion.

I don't see changing the coins fundamentals as a bad thing. I actually see it as a good thing. It's show me and fellow investors that the developers are willing to keep up with the dynamic and constantly evolving technological world that we live in.

I have said my piece, I hope the developers/promoters know what they're doing, however no one can really _know_ what they're doing, they can just hope their chosen path is the right one.

Lifeforce will still support EMC2 whatever the outcome.

Hey bud,

I'm glad to see that you'll continue to support our coin no matter what outcome plays out. Personally I believe that this coin needs to stick to its roots. Its was born scrypt and it should live as scrypt. I saw you post about other "more secure" algos. Care to give me a lesson on the pros and cons of the other algos you were mentioning earlier in the thread. To me I see it as "if an algo is strong then its strong, wont matter if its scrypt-n, scrypt, x11 or sha 256". They are all pretty unbeatable.

I believe it comes down to perception. It doesn't matter if one algo is actually more secure than another, but if the market perceives that it is, that's all that matters. So if x11 is perceived as being more secure by the market, and scrypt perceived as a weaker algo, that will be reflected in price and value.

Don't forget EMC2 also is a charity coin in a profit-fuelled industry, it's already got its work cut out for itself.

BTW (and this is not directed to anyone): I don't mine EMC2, I provide a pool for it so I'm not swayed by EMC2's algo directly. My views are purely for the future of the coin and should be taken as impartial.

Whatever the developers decided, we will stand by it. I just hope that if they do do something about it later, its not too late.
etoque
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 03:02:10 PM

There isn't a super long term plan of many years to be had with any coin aside from Bitcoin so everyone is a medium to short term investor by default. To invest your life savings into bitcoins let alone any altcoin is incredibly risky; I'm not a financial advisor but my 2 cents would be not to do it. There is no coin in the crypto coin world today that is a long term investment of many years in my opinion.

I don't see changing the coins fundamentals as a bad thing. I actually see it as a good thing. It's show me and fellow investors that the developers are willing to keep up with the dynamic and constantly evolving technological world that we live in.

I have said my piece, I hope the developers/promoters know what they're doing, however no one can really _know_ what they're doing, they can just hope their chosen path is the right one.

Hey bud,

I'm glad to see that you'll continue to support our coin no matter what outcome plays out. Personally I believe that this coin needs to stick to its roots. Its was born scrypt and it should live as scrypt. I saw you post about other "more secure" algos. Care to give me a lesson on the pros and cons of the other algos you were mentioning earlier in the thread. To me I see it as "if an algo is strong then its strong, wont matter if its scrypt-n, scrypt, x11 or sha 256". They are all pretty unbeatable.

I believe it comes down to perception. It doesn't matter if one algo is actually more secure than another, but if the market perceives that it is, that's all that matters. So if x11 is perceived as being more secure by the market, and scrypt perceived as a weaker algo, that will be reflected in price and value.

Don't forget EMC2 also is a charity coin in a profit-fuelled industry, it's already got its work cut out for itself.

BTW (and this is not directed to anyone): I don't mine EMC2, I provide a pool for it so I'm not swayed by EMC2's algo directly. My views are purely for the future of the coin and should be taken as impartial.

Whatever the developers decided, we will stand by it. I just hope that if they do do something about it later, its not too late.

Thats pretty true
Armis

Activity: 588
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 03:16:32 PM

Got a quick news, someone will sell several millions emc2 from 16:00 GMT 12nd May on mintpal. It will be big dump ever. I am waiting.

an instant dump of 1M+ would give the coin a coronary

might even cause mintpal to suspend trading on the coin

praxiscat

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2014, 03:25:23 PM

Hey bud,

Except the problem is outside of darkcoin many of the new algorithm coins have not been particularly strong either. I should note, in terms of vulnernerabilities, X11 has a number of them our dev identified for us, one it is hacked together, and the other problem is it is suseptable to botnets. Outside of darkcoin many x11 coins have not fared very well. Again, there is no real compelling case to change algorithms, even in terms of market value or perception. The perception may be coming from GPU miners, not necessarily the market in general. The market right now is in general chasing heavily pre-mined and ipo scams, and in general very short term thinking. There is a high degree of irrationality at this point on the market coming from this short term thinking, and that is the core of the problem, and why scams keep creeping up. This goes beyond the previous behavior coins created to be mined and dumped, which used to be common, but has fallen out of practice with cryptorush failing. In some ways being ethical, and more long term oriented is not necessarily a bad thing.  

That does not necessarily mean we should not improve in other ways in both the short and intermediate term. Again, some actually good ideas are coming out of this conversation so far, and I think the development timeline may be one of the better ones.

Einsteinium.org
etoque
Legendary

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 03:25:33 PM

Got a quick news, someone will sell several millions emc2 from 16:00 GMT 12nd May on mintpal. It will be big dump ever. I am waiting.

Nan,people will buy at this low price if someone dump 1millions.

If is not me,it will be another one,its more seems crash + fast recovery if the guys do that
Miraged

Activity: 87
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 03:31:58 PM

Lets change algo to scrypt-n
and merge mining with VTC

No, just no. Scrypt-N is even less efficient then scrypt. It is also not anymore secure then scrypt. There are no advantages going that direction.

There will be an official response from the developers regarding this in detail, with that being said this is my personal response.

In terms of any hashing algorithms being more secure, that is more myth and marketing then fact. In fact some of those present their own problems in terms of both security and the potential for botnets after analysis by our developer. Basically, they present some major security issues.  In addition some of these new algorithms are literally hacked together, they seem power efficient because they are not optimized. Good hashing algorithms, which scrypt is one, generally have the same level of security, and the same vulnerabilities. Scrypt is actually a secure algorithm, there is nothing wrong with it, other then a significant amount of irrational FUD around scrypt ASICs that is prolific right now.  Despite the fact that many of the scrypt asics have not made an appearance, and will likely be gradually be introduced into einsteinium's network. The reality is the advantage to ASICs, is actually security.

In terms of efficiency, some may be more power efficient in terms of GPU mining, that is not mean they are as efficient as they can be in general, and as I stated before, a few of them present their own problems in terms of security. As it has been pointed out, is ASICs are more efficient then GPUs no matter the algorithm, and there is a point where we will need to transition to that form of mining at some point. With that being said, as predicted, it would be needed at a certain point in our life-cycle, especially considering the halving schedule.

I would also not confuse investors with GPU miners either. The two groups are not necessarily the same. We see no reason to change our algorithm at this point. Essentially, it would just be a gimmick with no real advantage.

With all that being said changing the algorithm, and implementing such a large fork can present significant risks. This could range from outright killing the coin, the loss of previous coins, or something else. Litecoin laid out one, the biggest risk is it presents the risks of essentially creating a new coin and two separate forks. In this way forking the coin with a new hashing algoritm presents is a significant security risk, and one with no guaranteed rewards. Keeping the algorithm as is, ups and downs included, at least insures we will not see those risks that are introduced through a new algorithm change, which is in many ways, a gimmick, and one that can introduce major issues.  

It is not likely to happen to fork to a new hashing algorithm.

I think changing the algo will spark some short term attention but it seems your team has given it thought and will do what is best for the coin. I will continue to support this coin regardless because of what it represents.

STIPEND ● ● ● the Freelancer's Currency
 ▬▬ ● Proof of Stake / Masternodes   |  Beta ● ▬▬ 
ANN Thread Whitepaper Discord Twitter Medium
Armis

Activity: 588
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 04:35:38 PM

If is not me,it will be another one,its more seems crash + fast recovery if the guys do that

Well the time stamp has passed, and I see no indication of any such dump.

But I assure you that any such instant dump would be catastrophic and EASILY send it down to LOW double digits within minutes.

As for your: "people will buy" statement, it's clear that "people" didn't buy enough of EMC2 at 500+ which is why it went to 400+, likewise for 400+ which is why we arrived at 300+; notwithstanding the 2 week time frame, there is absolutely nothing to support any rational conclusion that the existing market, with an avg daily vol of 5 btc, could support 4btc in an hour, not at 200, 100, or even 50 sat.   In less than 30 mins all of the exchanges would have double digit EMC2 and it would take at least a week to get back to pre-instant dump level (200 sat) if there was any remaining interest at all.

etoque
Legendary

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 04:43:34 PM

Well the time stamp has passed, and I see no indication of any such dump.

But I assure you that any such instant dump would be catastrophic and EASILY send it down to LOW double digits within minutes.

As for your: "people will buy" statement, it's clear that "people" didn't buy enough of EMC2 at 500+ which is why it went to 400+, likewise for 400+ which is why we arrived at 300+; notwithstanding the 2 week time frame, there is absolutely nothing to support any rational conclusion that the existing market, with an avg daily vol of 5 btc, could support 4btc in an hour, not at 200, 100, or even 50 sat.   In less than 30 mins all of the exchanges would have double digit EMC2 and it would take at least a week to get back to pre-instant dump level (200 sat) if there was any remaining interest at all.

You miss something,  this coin have start and be supported  by not a lot of people since this beggening,its only remain the active core community's wich have support this coin to 400 sat, this coin not going to 2 digit for sureeeee m'y friend, if dit do, i will put a lot of money in be sure

And more,emc2 doesn't have 80b coin, but 80 million.
vnnbot

Activity: 294

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 04:55:10 PM

Got a quick news, someone will sell several millions emc2 from 16:00 GMT 12 May on mintpal. It will be big dump ever. I am waiting.

Emc2 dumping now. Price dropped to 250. I will keep waiting to buy cheap coin. Go on!
emc2sucks

Activity: 3

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 05:21:52 PM

Got a quick news, someone will sell several millions emc2 from 16:00 GMT 12 May on mintpal. It will be big dump ever. I am waiting.

Emc2 dumping now. Price dropped to 250. I will keep waiting to buy cheap coin. Go on!

NOONES WANT TO BUY. THIS IS WHY I BET 37.5 BTC THAT EMC2 WILL DIE SOON 2 MONTHS. WHO BUYS EMC2 I DONT NOT EVEN AT 100 SATOSHI. EMC2 IS SCAM COIN SCAM SCIENCE
Miraged

Activity: 87
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 05:44:01 PM

troll ^^, I will buy at 100 satoshi. that's a no brainer.

STIPEND ● ● ● the Freelancer's Currency
 ▬▬ ● Proof of Stake / Masternodes   |  Beta ● ▬▬ 
ANN Thread Whitepaper Discord Twitter Medium
etoque
Legendary

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 05:59:45 PM

NOONES WANT TO BUY. THIS IS WHY I BET 37.5 BTC THAT EMC2 WILL DIE SOON 2 MONTHS. WHO BUYS EMC2 I DONT NOT EVEN AT 100 SATOSHI. EMC2 IS SCAM COIN SCAM SCIENCE

You seems a bit brainless, its dynamic market
HackaB321

Activity: 162

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 06:09:12 PM

it would be useful now the third epoch wormhole....price 'd surely pump

praxiscat

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2014, 06:48:34 PM

it would be useful now the third epoch wormhole....price 'd surely pump
This actually happens pretty randomly, we have no control of when it happens.

Einsteinium.org
praxiscat

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2014, 06:53:19 PM

Scam? Last I checked we are the furthest thing from it.
We actually gave about $3250 total between our two winners of the two epochs between our funding award and fundraising. Providing science funding, no matter how large or small is central to the mission, and we have done it so far, and we will continue to do it. This is quite the opposite of a scam, which these days is so common these days on the market it's not funny. As people who have actually been following pointed this out, we are a charity coin.  There was no large instamine, whatever coins we used to fund our winners were sold above market rate to buyers to fund the projects we backed.

I should note, we launched with no premine, no real instamine, no IPO, and a clean launch. We have been listed as one of the few ethical coins. In fact all of the markers of a scam, we have none. The coins on the market have been mined. The components of most scam coins feature large instamines, premines, secret launches, and deceptive IPOs. We had none of those features.

Even those that have an issue with us, have not claimed we are a scam. They may have some issue with some aspects of what we were doing, and we may have butted heads, but not once did I hear the word "scam" until now.
Those who have been around since the start know this history and what we have done so far. Again we are a charity coin, but we are not close to being a scam. In fact those who are setting this up are doing so at a loss. Even if we have to make a smaller donation next epoch, we are still going to make a donation.

The price is down, but the reality is the market is not something we really have much control. Just because the coin is down does not make us a scam. Especially when the market in general which is prone to a significant amount of volatility, and irrationality.

Right now we seem to be a target of irrational trolls for reasons I cannot quite understand.  

Einsteinium.org
HackaB321

Activity: 162

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 07:11:30 PM

Scam? Last I checked we are the furthest thing from it.
We actually gave about $3250 total between our two winners of the two epochs between our funding award and fundraising. Providing science funding, no matter how large or small is central to the mission, and we have done it so far, and we will continue to do it. This is quite the opposite of a scam, which these days is so common these days on the market it's not funny. As people who have actually been following pointed this out, we are a charity coin.  There was no large instamine, whatever coins we used to fund our winners were sold above market rate to buyers to fund the projects we backed.

I should note, we launched with no premine, no real instamine, no IPO, and a clean launch. We have been listed as one of the few ethical coins. In fact all of the markers of a scam, we have none. The coins on the market have been mined. The components of most scam coins feature large instamines, premines, secret launches, and deceptive IPOs. We had none of those features.

Even those that have an issue with us, have not claimed we are a scam. They may have some issue with some aspects of what we were doing, and we may have butted heads, but not once did I hear the word "scam" until now.
Those who have been around since the start know this history and what we have done so far. Again we are a charity coin, but we are not close to being a scam. In fact those who are setting this up are doing so at a loss. Even if we have to make a smaller donation next epoch, we are still going to make a donation.

The price is down, but the reality is the market is not something we really have much control. Just because the coin is down does not make us a scam. Especially when the market in general which is prone to a significant amount of volatility, and irrationality.

Right now we seem to be a target of irrational trolls for reasons I cannot quite understand.  

Don't care about them, every great coin has its bunch of trolls: it's a clue we're really great  Grin

Thepaul7

Activity: 48

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 07:21:00 PM

This has been one of the most drama free threads/coins I have seen.  Lets not let a few malcontents throw off the positive atmosphere that einsteinium usually harbors.
djnocide
Legendary

Activity: 1164

Einsteinium Foundation Board Member and Treasurer

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 07:26:33 PM

when you start to have success, people will start to hate. The more success you'll have, more hate will be pointed toward you. Keep up the good work guys.
Pages: « 1 ... 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 [210] 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 ... 543 »
  Print  

Jump to: