Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 12:15:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 [225] 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 ... 543 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ANN-EMC2 Einsteinium FUNDING THE FUTURE WITH THE FUTURE OF CURRENCY KMD-dPoW  (Read 1076335 times)
etoque
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 12:19:49 PM

Just Do Einteinium X13,PoS and ANon wallet and it will bring to another level

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Timespace

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2014, 01:10:12 PM

Honestly this is too true. Also making sure the max coins are way less than expected to get that extra price boost. So yeah to do what every other coin is doing, reduce total coins, add master nodes for some kind of dark send, add proof of stake through that or end proof of work and go only on proof of stake. Too late to change the proof of work. Might as well end it. This is all kind of laughable that a solid coin needs to transform to the new fad to stay in the game. It's hard to predict what will happen in the future, but it is quickly appearing coins may be more modular than I first thought. The ability to add on or change features is the essence of all this madness.

"Long live Crypto!"
www.MinerStuff.com
BTC: 1Bj34QT5PRTB1EAr6Vna6rQGQGpuv5KRVP
etoque
Legendary

Activity: 1974

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 01:42:02 PM

Honestly this is too true. Also making sure the max coins are way less than expected to get that extra price boost. So yeah to do what every other coin is doing, reduce total coins, add master nodes for some kind of dark send, add proof of stake through that or end proof of work and go only on proof of stake. Too late to change the proof of work. Might as well end it. This is all kind of laughable that a solid coin needs to transform to the new fad to stay in the game. It's hard to predict what will happen in the future, but it is quickly appearing coins may be more modular than I first thought. The ability to add on or change features is the essence of all this madness.

+1,reduceing coin is good too  Cheesy
Alphi

Activity: 798

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 01:54:13 PM

Again, we are leaning towards PoS, not a new mining direction. Again whatever direction we go there will be detractors and supporters. In terms of the mechanics of PoS...we are still evaluating things, thus why we opened it up to the community. With that being said, our core dev does support a move towards PoS as supposed to a new mining algorithm, even though from his perspective it would be a heavy lift.

people who advocate PoS are just suffering from penis envy.

you may think I am completely biased but just think about this for a moment.

ALL crypto coins that are successful whether they are PoW or PoS are riding on the coat tails of Bitcoins success.
therefore ALL PoS coins would not even exist had it not been for the success of PoW. (there were attempts to create digital currencies prior to bitcoin and they all failed)

would Bitcoin have become successful if it was a PoS system?

I think not..

and here is why..

PoS relies on people to buy into the coin OR be given coins as a gift/donation.
There is not way for a person who doesn't own a PoS coin to acquire it by simply doing something independently. They must always interact with a person or a business that already has them. Therefore the distribution of the coin (even if it is given away for free) ALWAYS benefits the largest stakeholder. This acts as a kind of economic gravity which allows the Largest stakeholder to maintain control forever.

in a PoW system this is not the case. Stake holders, if they want more coins, must continually work for them.. Even if Satoshi nakamoto mines a million bitcoins with his CPU in the first few weeks of Bitcoin he is not guaranteed a place at the top forever... there is absolutely nothing stopping another player with enough resources from becoming more successful and acquiring more coins than him. and we see this happening every day... Large stakeholders are continually being threatened by new players who control vast amounts of mining resources. So older stakeholders are forced to work to grow the economy so that each coin is worth more instead of just creating more coins. In other words there is a direct competition between older stake holders and newer stakeholders and that competition is what drives innovation and growth.

in a PoS system these forces simply aren't there... there is no incentive at all for a person with 50%+ of the coin supply to do anything to grow the economy because they can simply sit on their fat ass and watch other people do it for them.

in many ways PoS more like the fiat system we have today where people are told that if they put money in the bank they will get interest without realizing that the interest they are getting is created by increasing the coin supply which in turn creates inflation. In other words the left hand gives them money while the right hand is firmly in their pocket taking more out. The entire system is rigged and controlled by OLD money and this is what PoS seeks to replicate.

now I am not saying bitcoin is perfect.. it certainly has some major flaws... but the idea of PoW is more democratic and egalitarian than PoS will ever be and in the end if PoW created the revolution against the corrupt fiat systems we have today... it will either win or die by that principle. PoS on the other hand is nothing more than a reactionary movement that seeks capitalize on the ignorance and greed of people coming from the fiat system and then to sell them something "New" which is really just more of the same.

if you want to capitalize on the latest trend and make some money from a short term bubble before it pops..then sure go with PoS.... but in the long run the only thing that will determine the success of a coin (regardless of whether it is PoS or PoW) is the strength of its community & infrastructure and its network distribution (ie network effect).

KARMA: KSc9oGgGga1TS4PqZNFxNS9LSDjdSgpC1B      VERT: VgKaooA5ZuLLUXTUANJigH9wCPuzBUBv9H
DOGE:   DRN7pXid34o6wQgUuK8BoSjWJ5g8jiEs4e
matauc12

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 05:44:34 PM

Changing for the current trend isn't a way to be unique.  I am not agaisnt it, because at least it's something. But i have a hard time believing that would be better than merge mine with Litecoin. Also with ASICs so close, remember the effect it had on bitcoin, maybe we wanna stay in pow for that Wagon. Pretty sure the POS trend will pass. People actually like to mine, mining won't die.
spicelord

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 07:34:41 PM

Changing for the current trend isn't a way to be unique.  I am not agaisnt it, because at least it's something. But i have a hard time believing that would be better than merge mine with Litecoin. Also with ASICs so close, remember the effect it had on bitcoin, maybe we wanna stay in pow for that Wagon. Pretty sure the POS trend will pass. People actually like to mine, mining won't die.
Mining won't die you are right. But what are people mining? They're mining the POW/POS coins that are only POW for a short period of time and then moving to the next one.

djnocide
Legendary

Activity: 1164

Einsteinium Foundation Board Member and Treasurer

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 08:54:35 PM

Mining won't die you are right. But what are people mining? They're mining the POW/POS coins that are only POW for a short period of time and then moving to the next one.

People are looking for the quickest way to get rich, right now the big hype are those kind of coin. EMC2 is not a scheme to get rich, people have to keep that in mind. All ideas are welcome and i like to read what people that invested in emc2 want and think what is the best for the future. Let's not forget what the goal of this coin is.
RobFordWotWot

Activity: 280

time

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 09:29:46 PM

It may be said better: "It's not a get-rich-quick scheme."

If the coin doesn't generate profit there is absolutely no sense in buying it.

If the aim is to treat cryptocurrency as a bank, it should at least have a stable price. Why would anybody be okay with losing their investment?

Also water is wet.

Horses in midstream.
Cobra

Activity: 289

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 09:54:11 PM

I wonder if the goals of the Foundation would have been easier to reach (helping science projects with funding) if it was based around its own multipool instead of its own coin.  A percentage could have been donated just as it is now and people still profit as that is the goal of the majority of people.  When you look at the hash rate of most multi-pools being several gigahash more funds could have been raised overall and at least had a consistent stable hash rate.

The move to POS will not be enough on its own for this to make a comeback. It is certainly a challenge for a coin like this to make it in an environment most could care less about a good cause. A few lessons should be taken from cure coin, they are also fighting the good fight as an ethical coin. Maybe we have lost people to that with this recent downturn. A coin that can be used for science related merchants, ok great. It feels very hard for a coin like this to be a mechanism which has value and able to help experiment.com.

In the present condition it seems so much easier to convert some profits made from cryptos to fiat and donate directly to experiment.com. I am struggling to see a way that EMC2 (the coin) will keep its head above water.  Bigger Asics will be on the way soon and people will be able to sell for profit lower than GPU miners.  This will only cause GPU miners to mine something else, whatever algo just scrypt is no longer what "most" people prefer. For the record, I have no GPU mining gear, only script asics and advocate for a change away to ensure a decent mining future to the community as a whole. The Foundation has said that is no longer open for discussion even though more people from the community are for some type of algo change versus none.
Armis

Activity: 588
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 10:59:26 PM

I'm encouraged by the open air discussion over the POS matter, after a thorough airing of the matter it should properly close with a vote of the community.  As you may see, EMC2 is hemorrhaging much needed value at the exchanges.  Talk is good however EMC2 needs action; swift, deliberate, and meaningful action. 

I'm of the opinion that the community can revitalize the coin with concerted efforts, as a result I am asking that we support the Einsteinium Community Action Plan (ECAP).   ECAP is an emergency measure to increase EMC2's market value, and to empower owners of EMC2 within its community.   

With ECAP we identify specific matters of meaningful interest to the EMC2 community, discuss the matter thoroughly with time-sensitive open-air discussion, conduct a community vote on the matter, implement adopted orders, then repeat with a new issue.   ECAP is based on decentralized group-think.  Voting informs everyone of the will of the people.

To get started we create a list of issues we believe, if implemented, will have a positive effect on EMC2's market value.  Since time is of the essence every step will have an expected duration, for this step we allotted 1 day.  As the list is being compiled we simultaneously discuss the order the list of issues should be addressed, after a day of open air discussion, it will be followed by 1 day of voting.  The end result will be an organized list of issues the community has identified as important.

This exercise readies the community for bigger action.  With the list in hand we immediately address the first issue on the list with 1 day of open air discussion followed by a 1 day vote.  Implementation is important and will likely take place simultaneously over many time schedules depending on the complexity of the matter and the resources available. 

Remember each time an issue is raised and properly handled EMC2's market value should meaningfully rise; if you want to see EMC2's market value increase I urge you to support ECAP.

If you believe EMC2 is undervalued, if you believe EMC2 is in a state of emergency, if you believe your EMC2 ownership entitles you to vote on the direction the CC should go, and if you believe EMC2 is deserving of short and long term success I urge you to support ECAP.   

Here are some ways to support ECAP:

1) simply post: '1+ ECAP' 
2) contribute an initiative, post: 'ECAP - _________________________' [title of your initiative] followed by a few cogent paragraphs to introduce it, to indicate why it should increase EMC2's market value, and the reason why it should be addressed and adopted earlier by the EMC2 community.
and/or
3) share this post with others that you know own EMC2. 

If you want to see higher market values for EMC2 support ECAP, it is designed to empower EMC2 owners and to increase the market value of EMC2 in a stable, reliable, sustainable, and responsible way.
djnocide
Legendary

Activity: 1164

Einsteinium Foundation Board Member and Treasurer

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 02:34:01 AM

1+ ECAP
Alphi

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 03:04:29 AM

I'm encouraged by the open air discussion over the POS matter, after a thorough airing of the matter it should properly close with a vote of the community.

+1
one easy way you could do that is by setting up one Einsteinium address to represent each option...
ask people to donate Einsteinium to the option or options that they prefer.

50% of the vote is calculated based on the number of unique donating addresses.
50% of the vote is calculated by how much einsteinium has been collected by each address.

tally those up and you would have a fair idea of what the community wants...
the reason why I recommend 50% - 50% is to counterbalance against people who would either vote multiple times using different addresses OR try to spend like crazy to get their own way.

the winning option then gets ALL the collected einsteinium to help fund the change.

Following the vote, the change gets implemented and then the community moves on to better things.

this is similar to how Mintpal chooses coins to be added to their exchange.

Just FYI, Karma is a very similar coin to Einsteinium with similar goals and Scrypt PoW system. It is facing similar problems and actively discussing PoW vs PoS
currently they are taking a wait and see approach and because of the strength of the community the coin is actually rallying right now without having made any changes to its core fundamentals.

I'm going to sound like a broken record here but the strength of any coin really is in its community and infrastructure not necessarily in its underlying technology.

If EMC2 collapses and people want another place to go where they can assist in the betterment of humanity then they are more than welcome over at Karma.
Personally though, I would rather see both EMC2 and Karma thrive and succeed in their respective missions.

Karma is now 10 times larger than EMC2 in terms of market cap and only a few weeks ago EMC2 was larger than Karma.

KARMA: KSc9oGgGga1TS4PqZNFxNS9LSDjdSgpC1B      VERT: VgKaooA5ZuLLUXTUANJigH9wCPuzBUBv9H
Cobra

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 03:57:45 AM

1+ ECAP

Great to see a community focused effort like this.
coinsmany

Activity: 97

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 08:07:08 PM

http://emc.hashrapid.com/

Tier 1 Bandwith
Dedicated Ops on call
One of the original Einsteinium pools
Vardiff enabled
PPNLS payout system
IPCoinz

Activity: 63

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 11:38:27 PM

+1 ECAP.

The only thing I would advise would be to make the implementation of the rules happen at predictable times, otherwise if the management is able to implement changes to the algo on a day's notice, the coin will be priced in the market at a suppressed value to account for this random element in its infrastructure. 

For example, there should be regularly scheduled dates for the implementation of any changes, like a holiday schedule, with improvement dates once or twice per year, like Christmas and Easter, by which time the latest set of changes that stand on-deck have been exhaustively discussed and gameplanned already, and the market has therefore already responded with a gentle change in price, and everyone who wanted out had the chance to get out without risking the ride.

And there should be a regimen of code doctrine: like a constitution, which is even harder to make edits to than are the factors downstream.  For example, the PoW vs PoS debate is a constitutional issue. 

So maybe what we call the first round of this program is a "Constitutional Convention."  That way the market knows where and when the coin may change for them and switch from a "hold" to a "sell," and as everyone makes up their mind in the weeks leading up to the planned maintenance holiday when the update is brought online, the price of the coin will gradually but smoothly find its real price, and give a real world reflection of the populations feelings about any new idea.

However, it is more important ultimately, to grant ourselves the power to wield flexibility and not be held back from innovation by unnecessary traditions that valued stoic endurance.  A cryptocurrency is a living cyberorganism.  Therefore it should be equipped with the capacity to adapt and evolve advantageously whenever the benefits sufficiently outweigh the costs.  Don't be hamstrung, just stay rigidly saddled.

Still holding up high hopes for this coin...

ThePatient

Activity: 574

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 12:18:16 AM

And was there even a vote for donation this month? or did I just miss seeing that?
Cobra

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 03:27:13 AM

Idk, man, but something needs to happen fast. Just change the algo. Do something. Though its already been discussed, there WAS a communitty vote where the vast majority wanted it changed..
That is correct but the Foundation has labeled this majority of the community as "detractors" if you do not support the decisions they make. The community should take ownership of EMC2 coin portion of the decisions and all development. The Foundation does not own the coin and should not run it like a dictatorship when they need the financial resources of this community to support the end goal of helping science related projects.

It looks like there is a delay in voting this month. A big portion of funds for the last two votes came out of Foundation members pockets which was very generous. When EMC2 has this current value either delay or another round of digging into their pockets would be needed.

I once had faith in the Foundation to handle it all but I think they are great at 50% of what is needed with that being Foundation and marketing. These two things are the backbone of an ethical coin like this but not enough alone. The other 50% is the coin itself which should be fully run by the community as a whole. This means taking on development, collecting funding for Dev's, making decisions together as a community through the ECAP. There has to be a better way to work together without all of the work and responsibility falling on the Foundation.
Alphi

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 03:37:35 AM

That is correct but the Foundation has labeled this majority of the community as "detractors" if you do not support the decisions they make. The community should take ownership of EMC2 coin portion of the decisions and all development. The Foundation does not own the coin and should not run it like a dictatorship when they need the financial resources of this community to support the end goal of helping science related projects.

+1

if people aren't given the right to vote on key decisions then they will vote with their miners and their wallets.

one thing I have learnt in this past year in crypto-land is that there are many silent people who are not able to articulate their wishes very well in english.
the silent majority should not be ignored for the sake of a few very vocal people.. and I count myself among one of the vocal ones.

andyatcrux
Legendary

Activity: 938

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 05:44:34 AM

Glad you are feeling better Ryan and thank you for the update. This is great news.

The website looks really nice, I'm guessing info about EMC2 coin will be added to that later or will you have a separate site to focus on the coin versus the Foundation.....could be a good idea.
In my opinion proof of stake would be a welcome addition to EMC2 but I really don't think that alone has the power to bring it up out of the ashes.  If you add this somewhere around 5-8% per year sounds reasonable.

The bottom line is miners want X11 algo to save on energy/heat. The support of the miners is needed to get them back mining.....POS will not be enough.

If you want me to show how bad x11 is I will.. I am on hangouts, will send my bamt/myr/grs code. This is the most energy efficient shit I have ever seen. I want to help man...

Agreed. X11 is not for the long win. X11 will fail to meet it's purpose of keeping things fair for GPU miners, and being one of the few that did not jump on the bandwagon will help EMC2. While I believe scrypt to be over vilified, I would be happy to see just about any other algo aside from X11 and even Scrypt-N seems crude for a coin of the future. If it went to a vote many people would choose X11 without understanding the reality of where it stands with regards to Asic resistance. And without that there are far more energy efficient algos to choose from.
Bobsurplus
Legendary

Activity: 1008

Making money since I was in the womb! @emc2whale

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 09:19:25 PM

Does anyone want to sell me 1.5 million emc2 at like 60 sats each.

LOL, I'll sell you 3.5M @ 300  450 sat.

Let me know if you want to take me up on my offer!
Pages: « 1 ... 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 [225] 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 ... 543 »
  Print  

Jump to: