Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 10:06:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 [220] 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 ... 543 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ANN-EMC2 Einsteinium FUNDING THE FUTURE WITH THE FUTURE OF CURRENCY KMD-dPoW  (Read 1076335 times)
shivamchawla

Activity: 466
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2014, 07:19:16 PM

Thats the real thing...if a merchant start accepting the coin it will automatically improve coin's value. Isnt it why bitcoin is so famous:P

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tz

Activity: 350
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 07:31:12 PM

How long since someone form the EMC2 staff posted something? Are the devs working on anything? In it's current state, the coin will not make it to the next epoch. Sorry to say, but this coin is dying a slow death. It's noble what they are trying to do with the foundation and I completely support that, but if they don't integrate the coin in the process, the coin will be nothing but imaginary money with absolutely no value. Stop funding your projects with real money and start using EMC2. It's the only way this coin will ever become something.
HwM

Activity: 119
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 07:33:59 PM

Nothing is going to happen without a proper dev onboard.

Funding the Future With the Future of Currency.
Cobra

Activity: 289

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 08:41:40 PM

Nothing is going to happen without a proper dev onboard.

The official Dev posted on page page 223 post #4458. To me this post looks like there is a Dev onboard but recent posts from Foundation make is sound like he is not onboard.

It does not help that the Foundation members post from their own accounts and also from the Foundation "einsteinium" account.  Many people probably don't realize that "ahumanbeingx" user also posting on this page is Ryan who is part of the Foundation. Christine posts with both "praxiscat" and the "einsteinium" account as well but it seems she has posted long enough that most people know that she is with the Foundation regardless of the account......I wish there was some consistency here for new people that may come to the thread.

matauc12

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 09:01:41 PM

It makes me sad to see emc2 in the state it is right now. I was searching for sth totally different, found emc2, found bitcoins, altcoins. Trading has been a major source of income for me since years, so I have been trading altcoins since that day. That was some interesting (and succesfull) experience thus far. In the past two months I learned alot (I hope) about this market, I will write down my view on emc2. I do not claim to be right, dont know if it is helpfull, but it wont hurt for sure.

One of the major mistakes was, the permanent emphasis on the "long run". As far as I can see there is no "long run". Altcoins are one of the most volatile and risky invetsments you can make. Most traders are focussing on the short term and are probably right to do so (you can still buy sth and hold if you like the concept, just do it with a very small amount of your money). Like it or not, but ignoring the market environment is not going to lead to a succesfull product. This market is 80% about hype, if you want your coin to succeed you have to accept that and behave appropriately.

I dont know how many times I have read (not only here), that while a coin is in freefall mode, it would be good thing that all the short term guys are selling and only the "real" investors are staying. Are you kidding me? How is that a good thing? All what happens that the coin loses its volume, dies slowly and the "investors" are sitting on huge stack they cant sell anyways because it would shoot the price to the rock bottom.

Emc2 still has one advantage, that is the foundation and a team that is still dedicated (mostly). I dont like every decission, but at least they are still around and probably will continue to do so. That is not something that can be said of every coin. Furthermore this coin serves a purpose other than a quick punp and dump. I wouldnt take the time and write this if i didnt think emc2 didnt have a chance, however the window is closing and it is closing quickly.

While I like ahumanbeings post, one thing bothers me:

"Once there is solid news that's when transparency will be given"

As I already pointed out, that is not the stock market and you are not a listed company. The coin may be dead once you come around the corner with your news. Let the community know what you are planning, even if it is in a very early phase and might not be done in the end. Create some hype. That doesnt mean spreading lies around. Look at the twitter account. The last tweet is 3 weeks old. If you dont change that, and quickly, this coin will die.

The team is being reformed and I will be pushing the social media channels very soon to bring in new talent. If you or anyone else reading this wants to be part of our promotions / marketing team, please contact me directly and we can discuss the details.

I personally came into EMC2 after it was a month old with the intention of helping out in my spare time with promotion (mainly through Facebook), since I've been on-board it's basically been a rollercoaster ride. My role in the coin has gradually been increasing since I joined and now I'm basically the top guy moving things forward. This is my first coin project, my first dive in cryptocurrency in general, and I'm now seeking a new and more involved team. I am not complaining or giving excuses with my personal story, but my role is larger than I was willing to take on due to various aspects of my personal life. That being said, I am up for the challenge and I never quit what I start. I'm getting things situated, and  spending more time replying to the community the best I can as one man.

My goal is to have a stable team to push ideas forward and get the thoughts from our supporters. The community here is free to offer their thoughts to me and we can discuss how to achieve those new ideas openly. Please keep in mind that there was recently a fallout and I am taking on a new and higher role with the coin to make things happens. These are the first steps to a greater Einsteinium.
Sure media channels is great and all, but in all honesty, I think what will make or break emc2 is the integration with experiment.com that was suggested. Do whatever it takes to get on board with them.
AizenSou

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 09:57:50 PM

I'm so sad to say what happens with this coin is exactly what happens with RPC or small scrypt coin in general. In the RPC thread I've warned the creator a few months ago and they called me troller, FUD spreader, even deleted my post. Ok the creator is not a dev himself so he couldn't understand some technical stuffs.
I posted here as well about a month ago about changing the hashing algo in order to avoid ASICs. The dev listens to the community and tested to change to X11. I don't know why he/they postpone it, or even cancelled??
Look at what happening now with 2 biggest scrypt coins out there LTC and DOGE. A handful of ASICs miners scare off the whole community. What do you think what will happen to us?
Accept the fact now, guys. Scrypt is dead. But I don't want to see this coin has the same fate. If you want to have a real science coin, look at Curecoin. I think it is an amazing idea.
jjj0923

Activity: 266

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2014, 09:59:48 PM

I'm so sad to say what happens with this coin is exactly what happens with RPC or small scrypt coin in general. In the RPC thread I've warned the creator a few months ago and they called me troller, FUD spreader, even deleted my post. Ok the creator is not a dev himself so he couldn't understand some technical stuffs.
I posted here as well about a month ago about changing the hashing algo in order to avoid ASICs. The dev listens to the community and tested to change to X11. I don't know why he/they postpone it, or even cancelled??
Look at what happening now with 2 biggest scrypt coins out there LTC and DOGE. A handful of ASICs miners scare off the whole community. What do you think what will happen to us?
Accept the fact now, guys. Scrypt is dead. But I don't want to see this coin has the same fate. If you want to have a real science coin, look at Curecoin. I think it is an amazing idea.

what - I'm a small scrypt miner and I mine LTC, Doge and EMC all the time - the big scrypt miners have not scared me off at all. My income is the same as it was three months ago.

Smiley

Lifeforce Pools : http://www.lifeforce.info
Earthcoin :http://eac.lifeforce.info -  Netcoin:  http://net.lifeforce.info - Hundred Coin Pool : http://100.lifeforce.info
Redoakcoin Pool : http://roc.lifeforce.info Guldencoin http://nlg.lifeforce.info also Worldcoin, Guncoin, NOBL, USDe, Tagcoin, Topcoin , Tagcoin , Credits, Goldcoin & Hobonickels
andyatcrux
Legendary

Activity: 938

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 10:01:52 PM

what - I'm a small scrypt miner and I mine LTC, Doge and EMC all the time - the big scrypt miners have not scared me off at all. My income is the same as it was three months ago.

Smiley

I resoundingly agree with the stated proposal that an emphasis be put on some level of integration with experiment.com. Changing algos is only a temporary fix because none of GPU algos are truly asic proof and this will shock the X11 and Scrypt-N markets as new hardware is introduced (discovered to have been in use for months) in a few months. Hybrid POW/POS with straight Scrypt and a more advanced method for adjusting difficulty would be a move I would like to see. I know it is currently unpopular to say so but Asics will not become as powerful for Scrypt as with SHA-256 but they may lower power consumption, and provide for strong networks.  
jjj0923

Activity: 266

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2014, 10:07:53 PM

KGW and Digishield come to mind.

it would be nice if you could someone limits khs from a specific up address network wide during mining.

I know when I was mining Naut the week before last - these people with 300 and 500 mhs would show up and destroy everyone - and some of them were giant GPU farms so that shoot a hole in hybrid algos as a defense mechanism.

Lifeforce Pools : http://www.lifeforce.info
Earthcoin :http://eac.lifeforce.info -  Netcoin:  http://net.lifeforce.info - Hundred Coin Pool : http://100.lifeforce.info
Redoakcoin Pool : http://roc.lifeforce.info Guldencoin http://nlg.lifeforce.info also Worldcoin, Guncoin, NOBL, USDe, Tagcoin, Topcoin , Tagcoin , Credits, Goldcoin & Hobonickels
reiba_x

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 10:43:42 PM

The price is falling down  Sad
ahumanbeingx

Activity: 221
Merit: 100

"The only real valuable thing is intuition."

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 11:51:39 PM

I've always viewed using the "Einsteinium" BTCTalk account for official news releases. I use my personal account when I am reaching out personally.

Would the community rather see me post from the "Einsteinium" BTCTalk account opposed to my personal account?

If you have a lead or contact with talented developers, marketers, etc. Please contact me here ASAP.

Do you prefer a shift in algorithms for small miners? If so, make your claim and gather support. Let's reach out to developers who are interested in the concept or give me their contact information so I can do so personally.

- Ryan Wright
The Einsteinium Foundation

Developing the future of crypto.
dailey123

Activity: 128

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 05:26:50 AM

dont worry if it go more down i keep buying and friend of me gonna buy for 10 btc if it go under 115
Lucif3r

Activity: 180

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 06:20:18 AM

I'm completely open to hearing from the community about what exchanges they use and prefer us to be on. I have already sent messages to some of the smaller exchanges (AllCoin, Atomic, Europex) to be de-listed. Personally, I like Vault of Satoshi, Mintpal, and Poloniex. I can also email Cryptsy for de-listing if the community agrees, but truly at the end of the day it's the decision of the exchange themselves to add or remove us.

As a first step, I will be editing our OP to only include the worthy markets upon hearing back from more members as to what they prefer to use.

So it's open ground, let the public discussion commence! What exchange markets do you prefer to buy and sell EMC2 on?

IMO Mintpal is the best in terms of beautiful and easy interface, superior functionality, fast and stable server. Second would be Poloniex. Forget cryptshit and others.

Changing algo could be a good thing, i would have no problem mining vert and emc2 at the same time but i don't think the community would like the scrypt-n effect on gpu's. it's an idea we have to see as a good option for the future (short and long term)

If we have to change algo, I prefer x11 as cards are super cool compared to other algo. Sorry I can't stand mining scrypt or scrypt-n with my VGA anymore epsecially during summer. 

DoubleEagle Coin - Only 100 XDE - Get your free XDE now!
CTCC.BKDE

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 06:35:12 AM

Switched my miners off of Suprnova and received double payout within 24 hours. Fellow miners deserve to know about this.
poiuty

Activity: 196

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 09:41:21 AM

Do you prefer a shift in algorithms for small miners? If so, make your claim and gather support. Let's reach out to developers who are interested in the concept or give me their contact information so I can do so personally.

https://github.com/vertcoin/vertcoin/issues/22
https://vertcoin.org/team.html
gizz_

Activity: 115
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 09:47:19 AM

we want x11
HKBvM

Activity: 398

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 11:11:28 AM

I am not a miner and will never be, thus I am not really into the tech side of things when it comes to algos. I understand that changing the algo can be postive though, as srcypt is generally seen as backwards and the constant fear of asics (justified or not) is not doing good for any scrypt coin.

I will not take part in the detailled algo discussion very much, as my knowledge is pretty limited. However I want to point out that chaging the algo alone is not going to do much. Look at HIRO and GRS for example. HIRO had even the advantage of being one of the first X11 coins and - lets have a quick look at the performance: -80% over the last 4 weeks. GRS, as far as I understand, has a pretty unique algo and is dying. MYR has a creative algo (correct me if I am wrong), and I would not want to hold MYR right now. There are alot of new X11 coins coming out, they die right away. The only thing that gets attention is POS and the stupid anonymous transaction stuff.

Changing to another algo might still be a good thing, as it would show that alt least something is happening at emc2.

When it comes to exchanges, I would say Mintpal + poloniex.
poiuty

Activity: 196

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 12:07:53 PM

I've always viewed using the "Einsteinium" BTCTalk account for official news releases. I use my personal account when I am reaching out personally.

Would the community rather see me post from the "Einsteinium" BTCTalk account opposed to my personal account?

If you have a lead or contact with talented developers, marketers, etc. Please contact me here ASAP.

- Ryan Wright
The Einsteinium Foundation

Received a response from the developers vertcoin.
They are ready to help change the algorithm scrypt-n and help with merge mining.
https://github.com/vertcoin/vertcoin/issues/22#issuecomment-43878866

Paul-Bradley
Hi, Yes we could help with that.
matauc12

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 12:09:55 PM

Smiley

I resoundingly agree with the stated proposal that an emphasis be put on some level of integration with experiment.com. Changing algos is only a temporary fix because none of GPU algos are truly asic proof and this will shock the X11 and Scrypt-N markets as new hardware is introduced (discovered to have been in use for months) in a few months. Hybrid POW/POS with straight Scrypt and a more advanced method for adjusting difficulty would be a move I would like to see. I know it is currently unpopular to say so but Asics will not become as powerful for Scrypt as with SHA-256 but they may lower power consumption, and provide for strong networks.  

I agree algo change might be a temporary fix, but in the current state, even a temporary fix is warranted. Should release 1 fork with algo change and NGW/digishield.

And I would say X11. There is a lot of fear of ASIC being released soon for new algos just because people fear it, not because of the viability. It needs to be profitable before even starting R&D to create an ASIC.  And we've all seen that R&D phase takes about 1 year , and another year to produce. Also the more an algo resembles general purpose comouting, the less attractive it is to develop one because the speed increase over GPU isn't as obvious. Therefor X11, even if it's the faster growing algo atm, it will need to become A LOT more mainstream before any thoughts of ASIC.

Another thing to consider, a lot of coins aren't doing so well right now because of the new flavor of the month thing, which currently is POS being multipooled. Right now 90% of them mines scrypt coins with the sole intent of being sold for something else, and emc2 has been feeding those.

Good thing is, those flavor of the months come and go, and people seem to start to be tired of trying to follow the next artificial hype, so the time for coins with real purpose will shine soon.
Alphi

Activity: 798

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 01:52:25 PM

And I would say X11. There is a lot of fear of ASIC being released soon for new algos just because people fear it, not because of the viability. It needs to be profitable before even starting R&D to create an ASIC.  And we've all seen that R&D phase takes about 1 year , and another year to produce. Also the more an algo resembles general purpose comouting, the less attractive it is to develop one because the speed increase over GPU isn't as obvious. Therefor X11, even if it's the faster growing algo atm, it will need to become A LOT more mainstream before any thoughts of ASIC.

so you just kick the can down the road for a year and then what?
the 50 million market cap of X11 coins has already provided the incentive to make X11 ASICS viable and real.
there are already ASIC designs for multi algo chips that have 5 of the X11 algorithms. How hard could it be to add the circuits for the rest.
this is childsplay for chip design companies in china that can operate on a few million dollars a year.

merge mining solves the problem of A) attracting miners and B) keeping the network secure from 51% and timewarp attacks.
it also allows you to put up taxes because no miner is going to complain about higher taxes on coins they get for free while mining another coin....

the panic about ASICs is just that... PANIC and nothing else. hysteria is not a new phenomenon and anyone who knows about it understands that the last thing you should do is base financial and economic decisions on it.

KARMA: KSc9oGgGga1TS4PqZNFxNS9LSDjdSgpC1B      VERT: VgKaooA5ZuLLUXTUANJigH9wCPuzBUBv9H
DOGE:   DRN7pXid34o6wQgUuK8BoSjWJ5g8jiEs4e
Pages: « 1 ... 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 [220] 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 ... 543 »
  Print  

Jump to: