Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 10:26:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 [227] 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 ... 543 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ANN-EMC2 Einsteinium FUNDING THE FUTURE WITH THE FUTURE OF CURRENCY KMD-dPoW  (Read 1076335 times)
HKBvM

Activity: 398
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 08:48:25 AM

+1 ECAP

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
indiguy

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 10:51:09 AM

Einsteinium is added to our wiki.
http://coinwik.org/Einsteinium
if you feel like there's something needed to be added to their page like some other facts and links, please do add it and feel free.

ahumanbeingx

Activity: 221
Merit: 100

"The only real valuable thing is intuition."

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 11:01:06 AM

if you feel like there's something needed to be added to their page like some other facts and links, please do add it and feel free.

Thanks Indiguy, nice website!

Developing the future of crypto.
Gauss14

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 11:26:50 AM
Last edit: June 03, 2014, 12:22:34 PM by Gauss14

Should add:
cryptsy
mintpal
poloniex

exchanges also.

Edit: Nevermind. I did it. It's waiting for confirmation I guess.
Armis

Activity: 588
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 01:44:09 PM
Last edit: June 06, 2014, 05:54:54 AM by Armis

The EMC2 community can revitalize EMC2 with concerted efforts, please support the Einsteinium Community Action Plan (ECAP).  

ECAP is an emergency measure to increase EMC2's market value, and to empower owners of EMC2 within its community.  

With ECAP we identify specific matters of meaningful interest to the EMC2 community, discuss the matter thoroughly with time-sensitive open-air discussion, conduct a community vote on the matter, implement adopted orders, then repeat with a new issue.   ECAP is based on decentralized group-think.  Voting informs everyone of the will of the people.

To get started we create a list of issues we believe, if implemented, will have a positive effect on EMC2's market value.  Since time is of the essence every step will have an expected duration, for this step we allotted 1 day.  As the list is being compiled we simultaneously discuss the order the list of issues should be addressed, after a day of open air discussion, it will be followed by 1 day of voting.  The end result will be an organized list of issues the community has identified as important.

This exercise readies the community for bigger action.  With the list in hand we immediately address the first issue on the list with 1 day of open air discussion followed by a 1 day vote.  Implementation is important and will likely take place simultaneously over many time schedules depending on the complexity of the matter and the resources available.  

Remember each time an issue is raised and properly handled EMC2's market value should meaningfully rise; if you want to see EMC2's market value increase I urge you to support ECAP.

If you believe EMC2 is undervalued, if you believe EMC2 is in a state of emergency, if you believe your EMC2 ownership entitles you to vote on the direction the CC should go, and if you believe EMC2 is deserving of short and long term success I urge you to support ECAP.  

ECAP is ready for immediate implementation, unlike centralized control that needs very few, to do very little, for EMC2 to go nowhere, ECAP needs very many, to do very much, for EMC2 to go very far.  

ECAP needs overwhelming EMC2 community support to work, 'overwhelming' may be expressed in any one of these 3 ways:

- 30% of the coins in circulation (total 104M, target 31M),  
 - 30% of all known EMC2 forum contributors from forum creation to when ECAP was introduced (May 28th).  The total number is ~375, 30% of that is 113
 - 66% of all known EMC2 forum contributors from initial date of EMC2 decline (~April 20th) to when ECAP was introduced.  Total ~125, 66% of that is 83

As the initiative gains community favor supporters are encouraged to start identifying issues of community concern that if implemented will have a positive effect on EMC2's market value.

The following have endorsed ECAP [#as of June 3]

1)   Armis
2)   djnocide
3)   Cobra
4)   Anonz
5)   IPCoinz
6)   mdtspain
7)   ahumanbeingx
8)   Gauss14   [not registered member prior to May 28]
9)   HKBvM
10) Scrappy Do
11) Lovethecoins
12) Alphi
13) leonar76
14) Bobsurplus
15) bobq
16) GIminer
17) AcLion
18) makishart
19) etoque
20) sneakgeekz
21) chMiner
22) Oldminer
23) wizely

Alphi Initiative for EMC2 Community Consideration

... the most reliable way to hold a free and fair vote is to use the block-chain itself. Because of point 4 there is no fair forum to hold voting because the community is spread too thinly and a vote in one forum would exclude users of another forum. Therefore, the best way to do it in my view is to hold all the voting on the block-chain itself and simply post the addresses in each of the forums to guarantee maximum participation.

same goes for point 5.. if all issues are put in the blockchain then anyone and everyone can see which issues demand the most attention.

in my mind the process would work something like this... someone creates a list of all issues.. PoW, PoS, Switch to X11, more focus on marketing etc etc etc.. each issue is given its own EMC2 address  and the lists are posted on the front page of each forum. Everyone votes on as many issues as they please sending tiny donations which represent the issues that they consider to be the most urgent.

For example if I want PoS and I want more marketing .. then I would send maybe 10 EMC2 to the PoS address and then 8 EMC2 to the marketing address and so on and so on. The votes are tallied continually based on  an aggregate of number of unique addresses VS the amount of EMC2 donated. The issue with the highest votes is the one that the community tackles first.. when that issue is resolved then then next highest issue is tackled and so on and so on....

if done correctly this gives everyone a say in which changes should be made (if any), guarantees that only people who use EMC2 are actually voting (stops people from trolling the voting process), and doesn't leave people out of the loop who may not be actively checking forums on a daily basis.

Here are some ways to support ECAP:

1) simply post: '+1 ECAP'  
2) contribute an initiative, post: 'ECAP - _________________________' [title of your initiative] followed by a few cogent paragraphs to introduce it, to indicate why it should increase EMC2's market value, and the reason why it should be addressed and adopted earlier by the EMC2 community.
and/or
3) share this post with others that you know own EMC2.  

If you want to see higher market values for EMC2 support ECAP.

[this emergency proposal expires on June 6, 2014 if overwhelming support is not granted by the EMC2 community]
leonar76

Activity: 678

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 02:05:59 PM

wooowww emc2 rising at mintpal Smiley good.

i love emc2
leonar76

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 03:07:30 PM

big buy wall at mintpal, noway under 90 sat now.

weekend we ll see emc2 at 300 sat asap. i love emc2, i love science. Smiley
Alphi

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 05:53:32 PM

maybe you need to clean your screen and/or glasses I see 80 on my screen.

KARMA: KSc9oGgGga1TS4PqZNFxNS9LSDjdSgpC1B      VERT: VgKaooA5ZuLLUXTUANJigH9wCPuzBUBv9H
DOGE:   DRN7pXid34o6wQgUuK8BoSjWJ5g8jiEs4e
RobFordWotWot

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

time

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 06:02:17 PM

There's no way a community dedicated to science will allow a coin honoring one of the greatest scientists ever to fail.

Horses in midstream.
Armis

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 06:07:47 PM

maybe you need to clean your screen and/or glasses I see 80 on my screen.

If I remember correctly it started at about 400K

Scrappy Do

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 07:50:09 PM

+1 ECAP

I will do anything I can to save this coin. I am only a miner, but will do what is necessary.
Lovethecoins

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 12:03:37 AM

+1 ecap

Essokinesis

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 01:52:15 AM

The EMC2 community can revitalize EMC2 with concerted efforts, please support the Einsteinium Community Action Plan (ECAP).  

ECAP is an emergency measure to increase EMC2's market value, and to empower owners of EMC2 within its community.  

With ECAP we identify specific matters of meaningful interest to the EMC2 community, discuss the matter thoroughly with time-sensitive open-air discussion, conduct a community vote on the matter, implement adopted orders, then repeat with a new issue.   ECAP is based on decentralized group-think.  Voting informs everyone of the will of the people.

To get started we create a list of issues we believe, if implemented, will have a positive effect on EMC2's market value.  Since time is of the essence every step will have an expected duration, for this step we allotted 1 day.  As the list is being compiled we simultaneously discuss the order the list of issues should be addressed, after a day of open air discussion, it will be followed by 1 day of voting.  The end result will be an organized list of issues the community has identified as important.

This exercise readies the community for bigger action.  With the list in hand we immediately address the first issue on the list with 1 day of open air discussion followed by a 1 day vote.  Implementation is important and will likely take place simultaneously over many time schedules depending on the complexity of the matter and the resources available.  

Remember each time an issue is raised and properly handled EMC2's market value should meaningfully rise; if you want to see EMC2's market value increase I urge you to support ECAP.

If you believe EMC2 is undervalued, if you believe EMC2 is in a state of emergency, if you believe your EMC2 ownership entitles you to vote on the direction the CC should go, and if you believe EMC2 is deserving of short and long term success I urge you to support ECAP.  

ECAP is ready for immediate implementation, unlike centralized control that needs very few, to do very little, for EMC2 to go nowhere, ECAP needs very many, to do very much, for EMC2 to go very far.  

ECAP needs overwhelming EMC2 community support to work, 'overwhelming' may be expressed in any one of these 3 ways:

- 30% of the coins in circulation,  
 - 30% of all known EMC2 forum contributors from forum creation to when ECAP was introduced (May 28th).  The total number is ~_____, 30% of that is _____
 - 66% of all known EMC2 forum contributors from initial date of EMC2 decline (~April 20th) to when ECAP was introduced.  Total ~_____, 66% of that is _____

As the initiative gains community favor supporters are encouraged to start identifying issues of community concern that if implemented will have a positive effect on EMC2's market value.

The following have endorsed ECAP [#as of June 3]:

1)   Armis
2)   djnocide
3)   Cobra
4)   Anonz
5)   IPCoinz
6)   mdtspain
7)   ahumanbeingx
Cool   Gauss14   [not registered member prior to May 28]
9)   HKBvM

I completely support more community involvement and the need to increase EMC2's market value . I agree that EMC2 needs to revitalized but have a few questions about ECAP.

Will the community or the foundation vote on who will organize and maintain ECAP?
Who will make decisions if there is a disagreement within ECAP?
How would ECAP identify which matters have meaningful interest to the EMC2 Community?
Where would these matters be discussed?
Who decides how much time will be spent on each discussion?
Where would the vote take place?
How will the adopted orders be implemented?
How will ECAP ensure that the adopted orders are implemented?

Thank you for your time.
Essokinesis
Armis

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 04:02:14 AM
Last edit: June 04, 2014, 04:51:57 AM by Armis

- 30% of the coins in circulation,  
 - 30% of all known EMC2 forum contributors from forum creation to when ECAP was introduced (May 28th).  The total number is ~_____, 30% of that is _____
 - 66% of all known EMC2 forum contributors from initial date of EMC2 decline (~April 20th) to when ECAP was introduced.  Total ~_____, 66% of that is _____

The following have endorsed ECAP [#as of June 3]:

1)   Armis
2)   djnocide
3)   Cobra
4)   Anonz
5)   IPCoinz
6)   mdtspain
7)   ahumanbeingx
8)   Gauss14   [not registered member prior to May 28]
9)   HKBvM

I completely support more community involvement and the need to increase EMC2's market value . I agree that EMC2 needs to revitalized but have a few questions about ECAP.

1)  Will the community or the foundation vote on who will organize and maintain ECAP?
2)  Who will make decisions if there is a disagreement within ECAP?
3)  How would ECAP identify which matters have meaningful interest to the EMC2 Community?
4)  Where would these matters be discussed?
5)  Who decides how much time will be spent on each discussion?
6)  Where would the vote take place?
7)  How will the adopted orders be implemented?
8)  How will ECAP ensure that the adopted orders are implemented?

Thank you for your time.
Essokinesis

1)  Will the community or the foundation vote on who will organize and maintain ECAP?

Short Answer -- the community.

ECAP recognizes everyone in the community, however its purpose is to empower the owners of EMC2, as such if you own EMC2 you have an implied right to vote on matters that effect EMC2.  That right extends to entities as well if they own EMC2.  

Consider EMC2 as a coin with two sides, on one side you have the face of EMC2 and on the other side you have the heart of EMC2.  
The Foundation serves as what we want the world to see first regarding EMC2, the projects and it's promise.   The EMC2 community serves as the heart supplying the life blood (the money) to the projects.   In that light, the Foundation does front-office works as the community does its back-office duties.  

This properly balances responsibilities.

2)  Who will make decisions if there is a disagreement within ECAP?

SA -- the community.

ECAP is an emergency measure, in it's design is a protocol for order essentially a day of discussion, a day of voting then scheduling of implementation.   Disagreements are inevitable, as responsible adults we must find ways to constructively work through them.   'No' is easy, finding ways to say 'yes' is the hard part.   Time is of the essence, disagreement must be responsibly solved one way or another.

3)  How would ECAP identify which matters have meaningful interest to the EMC2 Community?

SA -- if its important enough to you to present to the community for public consideration then it qualifies.   Community vote will determine where it lands on the things to do list.

I believe we've spread ourselves thin with all of the various venues, Bitcointalk / EMC2 has served us well, I see no need for change -- that's my 1 vote.

The first plan sets the tone, however if someone feels that the rules of order is important they should present it for consideration, if the community feels a foundational protocol is of great importance then it will likely be one of the earlier considerations addressed by the community since impact all subsequent plans.

My single vote is for the vote to take place within this very forum.  

7)  How will the adopted orders be implemented?

That depends greatly on the complexity of the order and the resources available to carry it out.  If the measure was identified by the community to be important enough to have high placement then the community will likely do what is necessary to carry it out expeditiously.

Sponsors of measures should be prepared to provide hearers of their plans with roadmaps, to highlight the path to successful completion of the measure/plan.

8)  How will ECAP ensure that the adopted orders are implemented?

SA -- ECAP is self-insured, if we do the will of the community we will enjoy success, we we don't we won't.  

Everyone's participation is 100% voluntary, the greater the participation the greater the probability of ultimate success.  We all know where EMC2 has been, and we all have a pretty good idea of where it will go without concerted efforts, as such to whatever extent we don't ensure success we guarantee failure.

thank you for your questions
Alphi

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 04:21:50 AM

I believe we've spread ourselves thin with all of the various venues, Bitcointalk / EMC2 has served us well, I see no need for change -- that's my 1 vote.

The first plan sets the tone, however if someone feels that the rules of order is important they should present it for consideration, if the community feels a foundational protocol is of great importance then it will likely be one of the earlier considerations addressed by the community since impact all subsequent plans.

My single vote is for the vote to take place within this very forum.  

the most reliable way to hold a free and fair vote is to use the block-chain itself. Because of point 4 there is no fair forum to hold voting because the community is spread too thinly and a vote in one forum would exclude users of another forum. Therefore, the best way to do it in my view is to hold all the voting on the block-chain itself and simply post the addresses in each of the forums to guarantee maximum participation.

same goes for point 5.. if all issues are put in the blockchain then anyone and everyone can see which issues demand the most attention.

in my mind the process would work something like this... someone creates a list of all issues.. PoW, PoS, Switch to X11, more focus on marketing etc etc etc.. each issue is given its own EMC2 address  and the lists are posted on the front page of each forum. Everyone votes on as many issues as they please sending tiny donations which represent the issues that they consider to be the most urgent.

For example if I want PoS and I want more marketing .. then I would send maybe 10 EMC2 to the PoS address and then 8 EMC2 to the marketing address and so on and so on. The votes are tallied continually based on  an aggregate of number of unique addresses VS the amount of EMC2 donated. The issue with the highest votes is the one that the community tackles first.. when that issue is resolved then then next highest issue is tackled and so on and so on....

if done correctly this gives everyone a say in which changes should be made (if any), guarantees that only people who use EMC2 are actually voting (stops people from trolling the voting process), and doesn't leave people out of the loop who may not be actively checking forums on a daily basis.

KARMA: KSc9oGgGga1TS4PqZNFxNS9LSDjdSgpC1B      VERT: VgKaooA5ZuLLUXTUANJigH9wCPuzBUBv9H
Armis

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 05:44:01 AM

the most reliable way to hold a free and fair vote is to use the block-chain itself. Because of point 4 there is no fair forum to hold voting because the community is spread too thinly and a vote in one forum would exclude users of another forum. Therefore, the best way to do it in my view is to hold all the voting on the block-chain itself and simply post the addresses in each of the forums to guarantee maximum participation.

Alphi, I cannot determine if your post is a general discussion contribution, an ECAP initiative contribution, or both.

If it's an ECAP initiative I will add you as an ECAP supporter and ECAP initiative sponsor, then place your measure on the list of initiatives for ranking order consideration by the community.

Alphi

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 06:37:43 AM

Alphi, I cannot determine if your post is a general discussion contribution, an ECAP initiative contribution, or both.

If it's an ECAP initiative I will add you as an ECAP supporter and ECAP initiative sponsor, then place your measure on the list of initiatives for ranking order consideration by the community.

it is a suggestion for how the voting can be carried out in one of the fairest and most democratic ways possible given the diaspora of people involved in this project.

I support group action and a more democratic decision making process so if ECAP represents those ideas then of course by all means put me on the list.

mdtspain
Legendary

Activity: 1076
Merit: 1003

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 08:39:04 AM

I agree, think this is a good setup.

The donations generated from these adresess should go to the ECAP in my opinion
Armis

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 09:26:52 AM

I agree, think this is a good setup.

The donations generated from these adresess should go to the ECAP in my opinion

ECAP has no budget or bills, but it really needs more community support, currently 11 of the 12 supporters are valid endorsements we need 72 more valid endorsements to  consider it adopted.   Time is of the essence, we must move with deliberate speed knowing the urgency of the matter.
leonar76

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 10:11:41 AM

sorry guys, i dont understand ecap concept, what will ecap do exactly ? for ex; ecap set buy supports, or pumpt 200 - 300sat, i dont understand,

i know taht i have 3M emc2, and i am holding, and i have BTC, if this ecap rescue emc2, i am in. thanks guys.
Pages: « 1 ... 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 [227] 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 ... 543 »
  Print  

Jump to: