Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 01:06:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 [219] 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 ... 543 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ANN-EMC2 Einsteinium FUNDING THE FUTURE WITH THE FUTURE OF CURRENCY KMD-dPoW  (Read 1076335 times)
djnocide
Legendary

Activity: 1164
Merit: 1000

Einsteinium Foundation Board Member and Treasurer

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 09:40:54 PM

time to buy  Grin. thanks for the update.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mibz0r

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 09:47:55 PM

Nice to hear a positive update from one of the team, I have confidence that the coin will rebound and I will be keeping hold of my bag for the foreseeable future anyway Wink
ottobene

Activity: 448
Merit: 254

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 09:58:27 PM

time to buy  Grin. thanks for the update.

I wanted to write the same thing, but you faster Smiley
ottobene

Activity: 448
Merit: 254

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 10:01:17 PM

Nice to hear a positive update from one of the team, I have confidence that the coin will rebound and I will be keeping hold of my bag for the foreseeable future anyway Wink

I dont sell my coins, when i see FUD on this thread. FUD is FUD Smiley
airwalker2662

Activity: 116
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 11:10:59 PM

Well at least there is no longer denial. However, it may be too little too late.
Lucif3r

Activity: 180
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 03:52:16 AM

as long as EMC2 is not abandoned, nothing is ever too late. Look at all the ups and downs in other coins, they still survive. Even BTC suffers huge drops sometimes.

To EMC2 teams: Whenever there is some news, please update us immediately. Even if there is none, you guys should come here and say hi to us frequently so we know y'all are still around for this coin.

DoubleEagle Coin - Only 100 XDE - Get your free XDE now!
Armis

Activity: 588
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 04:10:44 AM

Just to answer a few questions before rumors get out of hand.

#1. No, the coin count is not changing. If the community and new development team decide that it should change for some reason, I will let you all know first.

#2. Yes, there will be new updates as soon as we get a grip on the new changes of direction (still solidifying).

#3. We NEED a new coin developer and we are willing to give a large bounty to anyone willing to take on the role. I'm personally not wealthy by any means so I can't offer monetary compensation right now. The dev should be ethical and willing to build the coin in the name of helping science while simultaneously improving coin price through reasonable support of the coin itself.

#4. My personal role in marketing and promoting the coin has taken a backseat until we can guarantee that we can follow through with our plans with new development and direction. I don't want to push something that is in bad shape and I would rather give you guys the good news when we start to make the turn around.

#5. There is no possible way we can discuss all the changes and ideas we are formulating behind the scenes out in a public forum, I just want you guys to know we are not dormant. Once there is solid news that's when transparency will be given. We do have plans, but until we know they can be executed without fail I will not leak or hype potential changes. Transparency = What we have done and what we will do. If we don't know the exact course (lack of dev) I feel it would be a disservice to talk about potential new algorithms, wallet updates, and codebase changes. I will give the word to you guys as soon as the pieces fall into place. I'm sorry, but we do not have public meetings on public forums. That being said, we do meet up daily in our instant private chat to talk about issues raised here and possible new direction.

#6. If you have a question, please direct it toward me and I will go to the team and give you the full answer.

#7. Those who have pointed out the fundamental flaws in the coin concept are generally right. You are not being ignored.

Promotion will kick up drastically after the pieces begin to be put together. We will be looking to give bounty rewards to new members willing to help the team. Honestly, to promote the coin in its current state would not be very wise until our new website is online and we get a new dev on-board. I really want to give you all some positive news.

Also, I personally have plans to resurrect EMC2 in a big way. If this new plan is confirmed by the team (with dev backing) I will be the first to bring my concept to everyone's attention. Einsteinium is not dead, it's being rebuilt now in a stronger and better way.

I promise to be here more frequently to answer your questions and concerns. You can contact me directly here on bitcointalk, in our IRC channel, through email, or even Skype. Thank you for your time.

IRC: https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.kiwiirc.com/?nick=Einstein|?#einsteiniumfoundation
Email: ryan@einsteinium.org

- Ryan Wright

That's a good start, the first step is often difficult.

Among all of the things I have shared with you for getting EMC2 on a more responsible track paring down the exchange list is perhaps the most effective at this point.

EMC2 must be be a scarce resource in high demand, not hard to find or hard to get, but not diluted or "cheaply" had.   EMC2 is on too many exchanges, at this point and for the past 3 weeks it was only performing at the level for a single mid-level exchange.  

If EMC2 is properly paired with the right exchange it is able to mature an investor base, and grow responsibly.

I believe EMC2 has the most history with Polonex, so for that reason and that reason alone should it be given any further consideration.  Polonex is a good exchange however I believe EMC2 has outgrown its utility (even at present state).   Cryptsy is too large for EMC2 its one-stop-shop for all CC is not a good fit for EMC2.   Mintpal is a good fit for EMC2 for a number of reason, many of which I have mentioned in previous messages.

EMC2 avgs 2btc per exchange per day, that is disgraceful, nevertheless if 1 of the 3, 4, or 5 exchanges currently trading EMC2 was the ONLY exchange trading it the actual market stands a very good chance of being far more productive and profitable.

I've mentioned this strategy 3 times thus far, yet far too many are under the misconception that more exchanges necessarily results in higher market value.   The fact of the matter is the more active a CC is the greater the positive influence on that CC's market value.   If a market looks slow, lethargic, or boring it will lose viewer attention quickly; whereas if a market is fast, energetic, and exciting it will hold viewer's attention often much longer than planned.  

Here is an opportunity for you to hold a true PUBLIC discussion on a real issue.  No need for back office discussions for subsequent front office briefings.  
Create the motion, discuss it, vote on it, act on it;  everyone in the community has the opportunity to be properly informed and responsibly involved.   Such democracy is less stressful during the hard times, and more enjoyably during the good times -- try it.

mibz0r

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 07:23:42 AM

I do have to say that if EMC2 is only on Poloniex and/or Crapsy then I will be selling my bag immediately as I refuse to use either of those holes.
HKBvM

Activity: 398
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 08:05:41 AM

It makes me sad to see emc2 in the state it is right now. I was searching for sth totally different, found emc2, found bitcoins, altcoins. Trading has been a major source of income for me since years, so I have been trading altcoins since that day. That was some interesting (and succesfull) experience thus far. In the past two months I learned alot (I hope) about this market, I will write down my view on emc2. I do not claim to be right, dont know if it is helpfull, but it wont hurt for sure.

One of the major mistakes was, the permanent emphasis on the "long run". As far as I can see there is no "long run". Altcoins are one of the most volatile and risky invetsments you can make. Most traders are focussing on the short term and are probably right to do so (you can still buy sth and hold if you like the concept, just do it with a very small amount of your money). Like it or not, but ignoring the market environment is not going to lead to a succesfull product. This market is 80% about hype, if you want your coin to succeed you have to accept that and behave appropriately.

I dont know how many times I have read (not only here), that while a coin is in freefall mode, it would be good thing that all the short term guys are selling and only the "real" investors are staying. Are you kidding me? How is that a good thing? All what happens that the coin loses its volume, dies slowly and the "investors" are sitting on huge stack they cant sell anyways because it would shoot the price to the rock bottom.

Emc2 still has one advantage, that is the foundation and a team that is still dedicated (mostly). I dont like every decission, but at least they are still around and probably will continue to do so. That is not something that can be said of every coin. Furthermore this coin serves a purpose other than a quick punp and dump. I wouldnt take the time and write this if i didnt think emc2 didnt have a chance, however the window is closing and it is closing quickly.

While I like ahumanbeings post, one thing bothers me:

"Once there is solid news that's when transparency will be given"

As I already pointed out, that is not the stock market and you are not a listed company. The coin may be dead once you come around the corner with your news. Let the community know what you are planning, even if it is in a very early phase and might not be done in the end. Create some hype. That doesnt mean spreading lies around. Look at the twitter account. The last tweet is 3 weeks old. If you dont change that, and quickly, this coin will die.

Lucif3r

Activity: 180

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 08:54:44 AM

It makes me sad to see emc2 in the state it is right now. I was searching for sth totally different, found emc2, found bitcoins, altcoins. Trading has been a major source of income for me since years, so I have been trading altcoins since that day. That was some interesting (and succesfull) experience thus far. In the past two months I learned alot (I hope) about this market, I will write down my view on emc2. I do not claim to be right, dont know if it is helpfull, but it wont hurt for sure.

One of the major mistakes was, the permanent emphasis on the "long run". As far as I can see there is no "long run". Altcoins are one of the most volatile and risky invetsments you can make. Most traders are focussing on the short term and are probably right to do so (you can still buy sth and hold if you like the concept, just do it with a very small amount of your money). Like it or not, but ignoring the market environment is not going to lead to a succesfull product. This market is 80% about hype, if you want your coin to succeed you have to accept that and behave appropriately.

I dont know how many times I have read (not only here), that while a coin is in freefall mode, it would be good thing that all the short term guys are selling and only the "real" investors are staying. Are you kidding me? How is that a good thing? All what happens that the coin loses its volume, dies slowly and the "investors" are sitting on huge stack they cant sell anyways because it would shoot the price to the rock bottom.

Emc2 still has one advantage, that is the foundation and a team that is still dedicated (mostly). I dont like every decission, but at least they are still around and probably will continue to do so. That is not something that can be said of every coin. Furthermore this coin serves a purpose other than a quick punp and dump. I wouldnt take the time and write this if i didnt think emc2 didnt have a chance, however the window is closing and it is closing quickly.

As I already pointed out, that is not the stock market and you are not a listed company. The coin may be dead once you come around the corner with your news. Let the community know what you are planning, even if it is in a very early phase and might not be done in the end. Create some hype. That doesnt mean spreading lies around. Look at the twitter account. The last tweet is 3 weeks old. If you dont change that, and quickly, this coin will die.

2 thumbs up!

DoubleEagle Coin - Only 100 XDE - Get your free XDE now!
ahumanbeingx

Activity: 221

"The only real valuable thing is intuition."

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 09:41:04 AM

Just to answer a few questions before rumors get out of hand.

#1. No, the coin count is not changing. If the community and new development team decide that it should change for some reason, I will let you all know first.

#2. Yes, there will be new updates as soon as we get a grip on the new changes of direction (still solidifying).

#3. We NEED a new coin developer and we are willing to give a large bounty to anyone willing to take on the role. I'm personally not wealthy by any means so I can't offer monetary compensation right now. The dev should be ethical and willing to build the coin in the name of helping science while simultaneously improving coin price through reasonable support of the coin itself.

#4. My personal role in marketing and promoting the coin has taken a backseat until we can guarantee that we can follow through with our plans with new development and direction. I don't want to push something that is in bad shape and I would rather give you guys the good news when we start to make the turn around.

#5. There is no possible way we can discuss all the changes and ideas we are formulating behind the scenes out in a public forum, I just want you guys to know we are not dormant. Once there is solid news that's when transparency will be given. We do have plans, but until we know they can be executed without fail I will not leak or hype potential changes. Transparency = What we have done and what we will do. If we don't know the exact course (lack of dev) I feel it would be a disservice to talk about potential new algorithms, wallet updates, and codebase changes. I will give the word to you guys as soon as the pieces fall into place. I'm sorry, but we do not have public meetings on public forums. That being said, we do meet up daily in our instant private chat to talk about issues raised here and possible new direction.

#6. If you have a question, please direct it toward me and I will go to the team and give you the full answer.

#7. Those who have pointed out the fundamental flaws in the coin concept are generally right. You are not being ignored.

Promotion will kick up drastically after the pieces begin to be put together. We will be looking to give bounty rewards to new members willing to help the team. Honestly, to promote the coin in its current state would not be very wise until our new website is online and we get a new dev on-board. I really want to give you all some positive news.

Also, I personally have plans to resurrect EMC2 in a big way. If this new plan is confirmed by the team (with dev backing) I will be the first to bring my concept to everyone's attention. Einsteinium is not dead, it's being rebuilt now in a stronger and better way.

I promise to be here more frequently to answer your questions and concerns. You can contact me directly here on bitcointalk, in our IRC channel, through email, or even Skype. Thank you for your time.

IRC: https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.kiwiirc.com/?nick=Einstein|?#einsteiniumfoundation
Email: ryan@einsteinium.org

- Ryan Wright

That's a good start, the first step is often difficult.

Among all of the things I have shared with you for getting EMC2 on a more responsible track paring down the exchange list is perhaps the most effective at this point.

EMC2 must be be a scarce resource in high demand, not hard to find or hard to get, but not diluted or "cheaply" had.   EMC2 is on too many exchanges, at this point and for the past 3 weeks it was only performing at the level for a single mid-level exchange.  

If EMC2 is properly paired with the right exchange it is able to mature an investor base, and grow responsibly.

I believe EMC2 has the most history with Polonex, so for that reason and that reason alone should it be given any further consideration.  Polonex is a good exchange however I believe EMC2 has outgrown its utility (even at present state).   Cryptsy is too large for EMC2 its one-stop-shop for all CC is not a good fit for EMC2.   Mintpal is a good fit for EMC2 for a number of reason, many of which I have mentioned in previous messages.

EMC2 avgs 2btc per exchange per day, that is disgraceful, nevertheless if 1 of the 3, 4, or 5 exchanges currently trading EMC2 was the ONLY exchange trading it the actual market stands a very good chance of being far more productive and profitable.

I've mentioned this strategy 3 times thus far, yet far too many are under the misconception that more exchanges necessarily results in higher market value.   The fact of the matter is the more active a CC is the greater the positive influence on that CC's market value.   If a market looks slow, lethargic, or boring it will lose viewer attention quickly; whereas if a market is fast, energetic, and exciting it will hold viewer's attention often much longer than planned.  

Here is an opportunity for you to hold a true PUBLIC discussion on a real issue.  No need for back office discussions for subsequent front office briefings.  
Create the motion, discuss it, vote on it, act on it;  everyone in the community has the opportunity to be properly informed and responsibly involved.   Such democracy is less stressful during the hard times, and more enjoyably during the good times -- try it.

I'm completely open to hearing from the community about what exchanges they use and prefer us to be on. I have already sent messages to some of the smaller exchanges (AllCoin, Atomic, Europex) to be de-listed. Personally, I like Vault of Satoshi, Mintpal, and Poloniex. I can also email Cryptsy for de-listing if the community agrees, but truly at the end of the day it's the decision of the exchange themselves to add or remove us.

As a first step, I will be editing our OP to only include the worthy markets upon hearing back from more members as to what they prefer to use.

So it's open ground, let the public discussion commence! What exchange markets do you prefer to buy and sell EMC2 on?

Developing the future of crypto.
ahumanbeingx

Activity: 221

"The only real valuable thing is intuition."

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 10:02:50 AM

The team is being reformed and I will be pushing the social media channels very soon to bring in new talent. If you or anyone else reading this wants to be part of our promotions / marketing team, please contact me directly and we can discuss the details.

I personally came into EMC2 after it was a month old with the intention of helping out in my spare time with promotion (mainly through Facebook), since I've been on-board it's basically been a rollercoaster ride. My role in the coin has gradually been increasing since I joined and now I'm basically the top guy moving things forward. This is my first coin project, my first dive in cryptocurrency in general, and I'm now seeking a new and more involved team. I am not complaining or giving excuses with my personal story, but my role is larger than I was willing to take on due to various aspects of my personal life. That being said, I am up for the challenge and I never quit what I start. I'm getting things situated, and  spending more time replying to the community the best I can as one man.

My goal is to have a stable team to push ideas forward and get the thoughts from our supporters. The community here is free to offer their thoughts to me and we can discuss how to achieve those new ideas openly. Please keep in mind that there was recently a fallout and I am taking on a new and higher role with the coin to make things happens. These are the first steps to a greater Einsteinium.

Developing the future of crypto.
poiuty

Activity: 196

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 10:32:58 AM
Last edit: May 21, 2014, 10:46:18 AM by poiuty

Without changing the algorithm, I do not see any prospects for this coin.

Lets make merged mining with vertcoin. And change algo to scrypt-n.
If you need help with this, let's turn to vetcoin community, I think they will be happy to help us.

Armis

Activity: 588
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 01:46:57 PM

ahumanbeingx, mark this point on the EMC2 chart you have initiated a new beginning, your last 4 posts provide a level of openness that serves to stabilize EMC2. 

djnocide
Legendary

Activity: 1164

Einsteinium Foundation Board Member and Treasurer

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 02:23:29 PM

Without changing the algorithm, I do not see any prospects for this coin.

Lets make merged mining with vertcoin. And change algo to scrypt-n.
If you need help with this, let's turn to vetcoin community, I think they will be happy to help us.

Changing algo could be a good thing, i would have no problem mining vert and emc2 at the same time but i don't think the community would like the scrypt-n effect on gpu's. it's an idea we have to see as a good option for the future (short and long term)
etoque
Legendary

Activity: 1974

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 04:19:23 PM

Great,I start to slowly rebuy emc2
Cobra

Activity: 289

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 05:33:37 PM
Last edit: May 21, 2014, 06:28:29 PM by Cobra

I am holding a decent amount of coins and hope the Foundation is able to get things back on track, granted this is no easy tasks with people having day jobs as a priority. I agree with what others have said above that without miner support in the short term there is no long-term to worry about. The Foundation has said that changing algo's will not make a difference overall but it really does, the alt coin mining environment is evolving away from the basic plain no POS scrypt coin.

When larger scrypt asics come out they will be able to mine coins at a very low cost, selling at cheaper prices over GPU miners. This will ultimately alienate the GPU miner and send them on to another coin.......regardless if this is for a good cause. I have smaller scale scrypt asics myself and even with that being said I would rather see this suceed versus sticking with scrypt and losing the GPU miners.

The team should take some pointers from another ethical coin http://curecoin.net which has a lower block reward but at least a more stable value. They also have a decent method to equally allow CPU/GPU and Asics to contribute in a fair way. (Asics secure the network and CPU/GPU are folding).  Of course folding differs from the scope of science related projects here but for the people that want to contribute to a good cause while mining.........this currently looks better than EMC2.

Please don't ignore the issue of mining and press forward with marketing......that is only a short term solution.
shivamchawla

Activity: 466

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2014, 05:58:02 PM

Instead of changing the algorithm or more marketing, i would strongly suggest that the currency needs to approach merchants and get some real value. Trading only was never the goal of emc2.
poiuty

Activity: 196

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 06:21:16 PM

Changing algo could be a good thing, i would have no problem mining vert and emc2 at the same time but i don't think the community would like the scrypt-n effect on gpu's. it's an idea we have to see as a good option for the future (short and long term)

At the same time, those who mined EMC -> will produce VTC PLX MON

After the change of the algorithm immediately add on https://give-me-coins.com
Now there is a triple mining: VTC + MON + PLX.

Just change algo, make more advertising and help science projects.
HKBvM

Activity: 398

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 06:29:02 PM

Instead of changing the algorithm or more marketing, i would strongly suggest that the currency needs to approach merchants and get some real value. Trading only was never the goal of emc2.

Good luck with that. If I go to the market right now and buy emc2 worth 3 pizzas i will move the market price by 10%. What merchant is going to accept such a currency? Or am i missing something?
Pages: « 1 ... 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 [219] 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 ... 543 »
  Print  

Jump to: