Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 07:07:16 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 [66] 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 ... 143 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Guncoin(GUN) - GUN Core V2.0 - New Exchange for Guncoin  (Read 187911 times)
damm315er

Activity: 539
Merit: 255

View Profile
March 12, 2015, 11:17:14 PM

Hey, anyone with coins that leave them on exchanges..

I was checking what I had laying around and found that Coinswap and Allcrypt are closing.  If you have anything on either of them, get it sent home or elsewhere pronto!!
damm315er

View Profile
March 13, 2015, 12:58:18 PM

Hey, anyone with coins that leave them on exchanges..

I was checking what I had laying around and found that Coinswap and Allcrypt are closing.  If you have anything on either of them, get it sent home or elsewhere pronto!!

Add SwissCEX to the listing of closing/closed exchanges.
damm315er

View Profile
March 13, 2015, 02:28:30 PM

UPDATE

Here is an article about Guncoin by Bitcoin Magazine:
http://bitcoinmagazine.com/10434/guncoin-2nd-amendment/

Interesting article, too bad it reflects reality

It also contains some outdated information.  Stuff changes over a year, and the need for guncoin to be accepted is stronger than ever.
TheSignsGuy

Activity: 318
Merit: 253

View Profile
March 17, 2015, 09:00:19 PM

Can anyone tell me what the link is to get that cool paper wallet I have been looking for an hour and I want to send some Gun Coins to my Bro for his B-Day

GughWscN7n6zQqsVe2j4gedUfvVdjmPVrv

Since all the coins actually reside in the blockchain, and the wallets are basically just keys to access them, as long as you have those (public and private addresses), there are a few ways to make a paper wallet happen if it isn't too late.

They do take a little bit of work though.

If you have some graphics skills, you can print your own design, and place the public and private key to an address you generate and add coin to, for him somewhere on it.
You can go to the console and get the private key to an address.

You can also go to walletgenerator.net (I would do the download of the page and open it while offline to help with security).

The Guncoin block explorer can be used to see the information about the address once it is created.

Good luck, Great idea for a gift.
Odeyin

Activity: 86
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 03:32:22 PM

Has there been any work to get the NRA interested in Guncoin? I am sure there has, but I have heard little on any results. I think we have been focusing too little on the big guys, and although the grassroots is where it starts, we really need advertising. DRK soon to be DASH has been doing an excellent job at PR, although they have the funding which is instrumental in their success, I believe that GUN can do the same. I realize that GUN is mostly a US initiative, but to make this a success story we have to rev the engines in the PR department. Has there been movement where we have booths set up at gun shows? I think education at gun shows and possibly brokering deals at gunshows using GUN as a medium..I know most people carry cash, but  we maybe able to broker through some of the vendors with possible premiums given to vendors that use GUN coin as a sales medium..

These are just some thoughts...I still believe this coin is a great coin with a great idea.
damm315er

View Profile
March 23, 2015, 12:39:41 PM

Has there been any work to get the NRA interested in Guncoin? I am sure there has, but I have heard little on any results. I think we have been focusing too little on the big guys, and although the grassroots is where it starts, we really need advertising. DRK soon to be DASH has been doing an excellent job at PR, although they have the funding which is instrumental in their success, I believe that GUN can do the same. I realize that GUN is mostly a US initiative, but to make this a success story we have to rev the engines in the PR department. Has there been movement where we have booths set up at gun shows? I think education at gun shows and possibly brokering deals at gunshows using GUN as a medium..I know most people carry cash, but  we maybe able to broker through some of the vendors with possible premiums given to vendors that use GUN coin as a sales medium..

These are just some thoughts...I still believe this coin is a great coin with a great idea.

I think so too, unfortunately working 60 hour weeks at work doesn't give me a lot of time to bring attention to the coin. 

It takes more than just a couple people to make it successful, your help would be greatly appreciated.  Smiley
GuncoinInfo

Activity: 781
Merit: 276

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2015, 06:11:27 PM

Thanks so much for your input and supporting GUN.  Keep in mine that GUN is a decentralized coin or tries to be.  Meaning, the dev team cannot be everywhere are once and do everything to make money for everyone else.  We do have GUN sticker and GUN patches for sale.  Those are great conversation starters at a GUN show.  A patch on a hat or s sticker on an ammo case will go a long way in establishing credibility.  the fact that we have survived for nearly a year and no one has disappeared with all the coins or cashed them in is a good thing.  The blockchain is strong and mining continues at a steady rate.  The fluctuations in GUN prices is really typical of most coins that survive. 

Many of us have full time jobs elsewhere.  Traveling around the country sitting in booths at Gunshows is not going to happen if you are waiting for us to do it.  We are active in our geographical area and are hoping that those around the country are doing the same.

GUN Address (Donations) - GymMmoKGErzJXx8UFT9ddBzf3SFH4wdWKj
Cheap Servers for Masternodes - https://www.vultr.com/?ref=8153109
Turnkey Masternode Setup - https://www.setupmasternodes.com/ref/guncoininfo/
GuncoinInfo

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2015, 06:12:00 PM

Has there been any work to get the NRA interested in Guncoin? I am sure there has, but I have heard little on any results. I think we have been focusing too little on the big guys, and although the grassroots is where it starts, we really need advertising. DRK soon to be DASH has been doing an excellent job at PR, although they have the funding which is instrumental in their success, I believe that GUN can do the same. I realize that GUN is mostly a US initiative, but to make this a success story we have to rev the engines in the PR department. Has there been movement where we have booths set up at gun shows? I think education at gun shows and possibly brokering deals at gunshows using GUN as a medium..I know most people carry cash, but  we maybe able to broker through some of the vendors with possible premiums given to vendors that use GUN coin as a sales medium..

I think so too, unfortunately working 60 hour weeks at work doesn't give me a lot of time to bring attention to the coin.  

It takes more than just a couple people to make it successful, your help would be greatly appreciated.  Smiley

DITTO  !!!  It takes an entire community to make a coin successful !

Odeyin

Activity: 86
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 28, 2015, 07:31:44 PM

Thanks so much for your input and supporting GUN.  Keep in mine that GUN is a decentralized coin or tries to be.  Meaning, the dev team cannot be everywhere are once and do everything to make money for everyone else.  We do have GUN sticker and GUN patches for sale.  Those are great conversation starters at a GUN show.  A patch on a hat or s sticker on an ammo case will go a long way in establishing credibility.  the fact that we have survived for nearly a year and no one has disappeared with all the coins or cashed them in is a good thing.  The blockchain is strong and mining continues at a steady rate.  The fluctuations in GUN prices is really typical of most coins that survive. 

Many of us have full time jobs elsewhere.  Traveling around the country sitting in booths at Gunshows is not going to happen if you are waiting for us to do it.  We are active in our geographical area and are hoping that those around the country are doing the same.

You are right. Everyone has their 9-5 and has to support themselves, and you are right the stickers and patches are great advertisement tools. The devs don't have to give up their day jobs, but maybe we should put together a project to fund a small PR group that could go around the country doing promotion.?

I will do what I can too. I sing the praises of GUN every time I meet a fellow enthusiast.
GuncoinInfo

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2015, 03:14:56 PM

You are right. Everyone has their 9-5 and has to support themselves, and you are right the stickers and patches are great advertisement tools. The devs don't have to give up their day jobs, but maybe we should put together a project to fund a small PR group that could go around the country doing promotion.?

I will do what I can too. I sing the praises of GUN every time I meet a fellow enthusiast.

Very good - appreciate all the support that we can get.

damm315er

View Profile
April 18, 2015, 02:43:16 PM

Off to the Syracuse gun show, with a bunch of guncoin stickers to hand out..  Smiley

http://www.syracusegunshow.com/
TheSignsGuy

View Profile
April 20, 2015, 01:36:29 AM

Hey Everyone,

First, just thought that I would give the heads up that I have a little GUNcoin giveaway happening tomorrow over on reddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/cryptospread/comments/335jmd/patriots_day_guncoin_giveaway/
so please feel free to drop by.

Second, starting since a few months ago, I have been unable to log into guncoin.info from my personal computers (three separate ones, using two different internet accesses) this is what I get:

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access / on this server.

Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

I can still view from my phone though.

I did not change anything in regard to firewalls, etc... I actually do not know how to give permission to do so if that is the issue, any advice on how to make that happen would be appreciated.

Thanks
damm315er

View Profile
April 20, 2015, 10:39:33 AM

Hey Everyone,

First, just thought that I would give the heads up that I have a little GUNcoin giveaway happening tomorrow over on reddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/cryptospread/comments/335jmd/patriots_day_guncoin_giveaway/

Second, starting since a few months ago, I have been unable to log into guncoin.info from my personal computers (three separate ones, using two different internet accesses) this is what I get:

Forbidden

Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

I did not change anything in regard to firewalls, etc... I actually do not know how to give permission to do so if that is the issue, any advice on how to make that happen would be appreciated.

Thanks

Access is fine here to www.guncoin.info, either with or without the www. part, maybe you're in a block of blacklisted ip's?
TheSignsGuy

View Profile
April 20, 2015, 01:33:04 PM

Hey Everyone,

Forbidden

Thanks

Access is fine here to www.guncoin.info, either with or without the www. part, maybe you're in a block of blacklisted ip's?

I wonder if this is an internet service provider thing? or is it an individual computer thing?

This is the only website that it happens to for me, so am happy that it still works for others.

I will put it on my list of things to learn to understand.
damm315er

View Profile
April 20, 2015, 02:03:39 PM

Hey Everyone,

Forbidden

Thanks

I wonder if this is an internet service provider thing? or is it an individual computer thing?

This is the only website that it happens to for me, so am happy that it still works for others.

Try disabling the firewall for a minute to try going there, or try going there through a proxy.
GuncoinInfo

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2015, 04:17:41 PM

Hey Everyone,

Forbidden

Thanks

Try disabling the firewall for a minute to try going there, or try going there through a proxy.

Yes, that is correct.  It is either a firewall or anti-virus issue that is blocking our site, or perhaps if this is at work, your employer has websites with "gun" in the URL blocked - yes, there are some like that.

GuncoinInfo

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2015, 02:49:53 AM

While we have not posted here in a few weeks, we have continued to watch the altcoin markets and the GUN interest in forums and exchanges.  Additionally, we have never stopped mining it or promoting it since we took over ownership and became the primary developer about 9 months ago.  One important characteristic that we have observed with some of the successful coins out there is a high level of decentralization associated with them.  For example, while there is a bitcoin, litecoin and dogecoin website, there is not one owner or developer that you could readily identify - they are decentralized.  An advantage of owning those coins is that all our eggs are not in one basket by any means.  There are more than one, if not dozens of developers out there, promoting and marketing these coins as well as developing applications for them.

We have gone to great lengths to make GUN a successful and technologically current coin and generate interest in many areas.  We have been successful in many areas and had doors slammed in our face in others.  As I have posted repeatedly, if you are waiting on us alone to put GUN in every Gunstore in America and accepted at every range in your neighborhood, you are going to be waiting a long time.  We are of course limited by geography and resources.  We need your help and EVERYONES help to make GUN successful. 

So we will be taking a big step for us and for GUN in adding one of our most popular forum members to our development team to decentralize us a bit more and expand our geographic reach even more.  To be honest - he posts here more than we do and has supported GUN from day one as well as helping anyone sometimes faster than we can. We are stretched very thin and are anxious for the fresh ideas he will bring to the GUN team as he has always brought to the GUN community.  So from this point forward, please consider "damm315er" as a member of the GUN Team.  I think with his help, we can cover a lot more ground than we have to this point and you will GUN in a lot more hands.  Please give him your supports as you have so wonderfully done for me.  LOL, just to be clear, we are NOT going anywhere by any means, we are just expanding the team to allow us to do more things for GUN with your help.  Thanks damm315er for your long term and future support!

damm315er

View Profile
May 09, 2015, 01:44:03 AM
Last edit: May 09, 2015, 02:11:36 AM by damm315er

Well, I have some interesting news, but the timing is purely coincidental..

I picked up a buddy of mine this afternoon, and went to the local gun club.  How I shot was so-so for the 3 rounds I fired, as I brought my long range rifle (264 winmag) to try out the new bi-pod.  That worked really well, but it tore up my injured shoulder..

So, the rest of the time while my buddy was shooting, we talked about his plans for the group of 11,000 worldwide avid gun enthusiasts that he runs, and sponsorships, and events, and transferring funds with the issues involved.

He is in the process of hiring my other buddy (who has already worked on the guncoin wallet) to host his servers as he's rapidly outgrowing where he is because it's growing at nearly 20% per month..  (there's also employees of several gun manufacturers in this group)

He also knows that I've been involved with Guncoin since the beginning and that I wouldn't be involved if I didn't believe in it, so we're working Guncoin into the mix..  Guncoin will be sponsoring events, and given out as awards, and get worldwide exposure in front of the intended crowd.

The first event will be in August or September, he's working out the details on scheduling that.  In the meantime, we will be working on paper wallets, a wallet payment system via QR codes, and some other stuff.

Stay tuned, I will update as I know stuff.  Cheesy

Happy first anniversary Guncoin..
GuncoinInfo

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2015, 03:58:28 PM

Well, I have some interesting news, but the timing is purely coincidental..

I picked up a buddy of mine this afternoon, and went to the local gun club.  How I shot was so-so for the 3 rounds I fired, as I brought my long range rifle (264 winmag) to try out the new bi-pod.  That worked really well, but it tore up my injured shoulder..

So, the rest of the time while my buddy was shooting, we talked about his plans for the group of 11,000 worldwide avid gun enthusiasts that he runs, and sponsorships, and events, and transferring funds with the issues involved.

He is in the process of hiring my other buddy (who has already worked on the guncoin wallet) to host his servers as he's rapidly outgrowing where he is because it's growing at nearly 20% per month..  (there's also employees of several gun manufacturers in this group)

He also knows that I've been involved with Guncoin since the beginning and that I wouldn't be involved if I didn't believe in it, so we're working Guncoin into the mix..  Guncoin will be sponsoring events, and given out as awards, and get worldwide exposure in front of the intended crowd.

The first event will be in August or September, he's working out the details on scheduling that.  In the meantime, we will be working on paper wallets, a wallet payment system via QR codes, and some other stuff.

Stay tuned, I will update as I know stuff.  Cheesy

Happy first anniversary Guncoin..

That is great news for you and for Guncoin - sorry about the shoulder.  Can't wait to see what you are going to do for your second day!

ozycash

Activity: 288
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2015, 02:13:15 PM

coin was released over 1 year ago and still nothing has happened to make this coin worth having!

the best faucet instant payment
Pages: « 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 [66] 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 ... 143 »
  Print  

Jump to: