Bitcoin Forum
July 04, 2024, 06:15:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 [67] 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 ... 143 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Guncoin(GUN) - GUN Core V2.0 - New Exchange for Guncoin  (Read 187915 times)
Spekske

Activity: 673
Merit: 506

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2015, 06:08:22 PM

New NOMP pool available for GUN:

http://coincave.eu (only 1.5% fee)

damm315er

Activity: 539
Merit: 255

View Profile
June 09, 2015, 03:23:00 PM

coin was released over 1 year ago and still nothing has happened to make this coin worth having!

I'm very disappointed in that..  But it is being worked on, read my post from may 8th.  Smiley

The forum is up and being configured, although it's not open to the public yet.  Probably another week.

The point of sale wallet project is in queue in my coder buddy's workload. (he's freelance, so the higher paying stuff comes first)

Rome wasn't built in a day, and guncoin can't be dragged out of stagnant status in a day either..

Your contribution toward forward progress would be appreciated, and much more helpful than a post complaining.  Smiley
damm315er

View Profile
June 09, 2015, 03:27:11 PM

New NOMP pool available for GUN:

http://coincave.eu (only 1.5% fee)

Thanks for that!!

The blocks factory going down for almost half a day showed the need for another pool, since Cryptopia seems to be dragging its feet with the Guncoin pool not being opened since March when Guncoin was listed there.
Spekske

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2015, 07:55:00 PM

Is the blockexplorer for GUN down or not up to date ?

Spekske

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2015, 10:28:59 PM

I've set up a blockexplorer for GUN that you can also use, it's fully updated Smiley

http://87.209.206.80:2770

damm315er

View Profile
June 12, 2015, 10:35:06 AM
Last edit: June 12, 2015, 01:45:52 PM by damm315er

The blockexperts explorer has been a little glitchy lately, we'll shoot them an email and get them to restart the wallet.

Thank you for setting up your own block explorer, the more the merrier!!
damm315er

View Profile
June 15, 2015, 12:21:52 PM

The blockexperts explorer has been a little glitchy lately, we'll shoot them an email and get them to restart the wallet.

Thank you for setting up your own block explorer, the more the merrier!!

The blockexperts Guncoin wallet has been restarted and re-synced, so their explorer is now functional again.  Smiley
damm315er

View Profile
June 19, 2015, 10:09:25 PM
Last edit: June 20, 2015, 01:52:04 AM by damm315er

Ok, the new wallet is being worked on, target delivery mid august.. (yes, I know that someone dedicated could have a wallet out in a week, but all of us working on this have full time jobs, have other side projects, and have families, so the work is being done in limited spare time)

Stuff that is definitely getting done:

- fix - solo mining, as the current wallet that function is broken for GPU's and only works with CPU mining
- fix - multiple references inside the wallet to the coin it was adapted from during the neoscrypt switch
- adding - QR codes, this will facilitate using the pads I found as POS (Point Of Sale) units making Guncoin usable in the real world, as well as printing paper wallets for giving awards

Stuff that is probably not going to be popular:

- adding - 1% Promotion fee to mined blocks.  In open disclosure, these coins will all be deposited to an account that will be used strictly for promotion of guncoin.  The account can be monitored via the block explorer to see that the coins will be given as prizes at events to promote Guncoin in the real world.

Stuff that is possibly getting done: (may come in a second release later)

- adding - remote connection to the wallet with receive-only coin transfer ability, this will facilitate using a separate device as a POS unit, protecting the wallet from theft if the device is stolen
- adding - ability to add new functions to the wallet, without a complete wallet update
- adding - 0.5% administrative (this is 1 coin per block) fee to pay for wallet upgrades, keeping masternodes and block explorers active.

We know fees aren't attractive but pools charge an average of 1.5%, and that is for one guy to just run a server with several coins taking that off of every coin.

At this point, we are open to discussion on other things to add to the wallet while it gets upgraded.  Do you have an idea?
mrbigmugs

Activity: 247
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 20, 2015, 11:45:43 PM
Last edit: June 21, 2015, 12:19:43 AM by mrbigmugs

Thanks for the update .

As far as ideas , do you think it is possible to tie a registered gun owner database to the blockchain ? You could instantly transfer gun ownership at a gun show or private transaction and you would own the private key to the registered serial number on the gun. The ownership database would be public info on the blockchain that anyone could look at. I remember reading somewhere that there is a certain amount of information you can add inside of the blockchain and that would be enough for a gun serial number I think. This could also be an effective way to curb sales of stolen guns because if you cant show that you are the owner of the private key that is registered to that serial number then the gun is not yours. You could market Guncoin this way as a way to track and publicly register gun ownership on the blockchain.

VexusMalius

Activity: 67
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 21, 2015, 03:59:23 AM

Thanks for the update .

As far as ideas , do you think it is possible to tie a registered gun owner database to the blockchain ? You could instantly transfer gun ownership at a gun show or private transaction and you would own the private key to the registered serial number on the gun. The ownership database would be public info on the blockchain that anyone could look at. I remember reading somewhere that there is a certain amount of information you can add inside of the blockchain and that would be enough for a gun serial number I think. This could also be an effective way to curb sales of stolen guns because if you cant show that you are the owner of the private key that is registered to that serial number then the gun is not yours. You could market Guncoin this way as a way to track and publicly register gun ownership on the blockchain.

Huh

You must not be from the US.... We don't have a registered firearms owners database. The only national thing we have here is NICS (national instant check system) and that system is run by the FBI, and only shows weather or not a person who is trying to buy a gun from a federally licensed dealer (FFL holder) is a prohibited person or not (aka a convicted felon). We don't register our guns here. Face to face transfers between two private people don't require a Form 4473 to be filled out (unless you're from the communist state of New York. Sorry 315er  Wink. State laws do vary, but bans on FTF transfers are hardly enforceable (though ATF agents DO try every once in a while and they ALWAYS say that they're a felon to see if you'll go through with the deal. It's pretty fucking obvious.).
damm315er

View Profile
June 21, 2015, 01:21:42 PM
Last edit: June 21, 2015, 02:14:27 PM by damm315er

Thanks for the update .

Huh

You must not be from the US.... We don't have a registered firearms owners database. The only national thing we have here is NICS (national instant check system) and that system is run by the FBI, and only shows weather or not a person who is trying to buy a gun from a federally licensed dealer (FFL holder) is a prohibited person or not (aka a convicted felon). We don't register our guns here. Face to face transfers between two private people don't require a Form 4473 to be filled out (unless you're from the communist state of New York. Sorry 315er  Wink. State laws do vary, but bans on FTF transfers are hardly enforceable (though ATF agents DO try every once in a while and they ALWAYS say that they're a felon to see if you'll go through with the deal. It's pretty fucking obvious.).

Can't be offended by facts..  Wink

We are working hard to repeal the (un)safe act, but the fix is in..  The Governor that forced the bill through illegally in the middle of the night, was re-elected by something like 15 counties when 47 counties voted against him. (going by memory)

He is also being investigated by the federal attorney general for bribary and corruption, but is still talking about a presidential election run in 4 years.

As far as using the blockchain for firearm transfers, it could be used as a record keeper.  But would also require some personally identifiable information to be permanently located in the blockchain to show who the transfer was to.  

I'm not familiar with laws outside the US, but inside the US laws vary by state, even through there is some federal control.  For most states rifles can be sold by f2f transfers, not requiring any paperwork at all.  And, most states require a permit to possess a pistol, and exchanges/purchases must be done by a shop with a FFL (Federal Firearm License) to provide the NICS check, record the transaction, and hold the pistol until the purchaser gets it entered into the county or state pistol database.

Crazy laws here..  See a doctor for insomnia issues because of some recent stress, lose your pistol permit, police come and collect whatever firearms they know about. (this happened not far from me)

Even crazier, have the same first and last name as someone else and be somewhere around the same age, and get your permit revoked for doing nothing wrong.. (this also happened not far from me)
Dabs
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
June 25, 2015, 05:02:43 AM

I'm from a country that registers their firearms. Most people prefer not to be included in any national database if at all possible. And due to certain new laws, I know from first hand experience that many otherwise legal gun owners have opted to simply declare all their firearms "lost".

What that implies, is no one will want to use guncoin if there is anything in there that can be traced back. They will only use guncoin as a form of payment.

damm315er

View Profile
June 25, 2015, 12:14:20 PM

I'm from a country that registers their firearms. Most people prefer not to be included in any national database if at all possible. And due to certain new laws, I know from first hand experience that many otherwise legal gun owners have opted to simply declare all their firearms "lost".

What that implies, is no one will want to use guncoin if there is anything in there that can be traced back. They will only use guncoin as a form of payment.

Guncoin will have enough issues out in the real world, without having to be attacked because it offers "anonymous" forms of funds transfer. 

The early stage target market is: gun shows where people have to carry large amounts of cash because credit cards are beginning to not-allow firearm related purchases, and also inter-state purchases where the money transfer services charge exorbitant fees (up to 30%) and still offers no recourse against a scam.

After mass adoption and price stabilization, the gun stores and manufacturers can use it to hold and transfer funds, as the banks are beginning to block their accounts as well.

With that in mind, Guncoin isn't meant to be an anonymous, there's other coins for that.
GuncoinInfo

Activity: 781
Merit: 276

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2015, 02:41:13 PM

For starters, GUNCOIN is still going strong, mined and traded in multiple places after well over a year in circulation.  Less than 10% of the crypto coins out there can make that claim - operational and stable for over a year.  Just because you do not see us on the evening news does not mean the coin is worthless and not supported - it could not be farther from the truth.  There are lots of things in work by the 2-3 of us actually working to grow the coin.  As with most coins, the vast majority of users, buy and mine the coin and wait for some one else to create the market and grow the coin - let someone else do all the work and then complain when we do not make you rich in a few weeks.  Sorry, it does not work that way.  Our role on the research and development team is to support the coin and keep it going and technologically current to compete long term in the crypto con market.  We are not mining and dumping the coin, actually we are still buying the coin to support it most of the time.  We spend about 1 BTC per month on website, nodes, etc to maintain your coin out of our own pocket, not out of coins we dump and sell like other coin developers.

Remember, in theory, one big advantage of  crypto currency is that it is decentralized - and you want it this way - it is a big advantage of crypto that every one forgets.  In other words, you do NOT want all your eggs in my basket.  You do not see the BTC and LTC development team out marketing their coins do you?Huh  No, all the users are creating apps, etc to spread the word on them.  This is not the first time, I have written about this and probably will not be the last.   The long term success of GUN and really any crypt coin is dependent on the community and the support that it gets there. There is no way, I can go to EVERY gun range in America, EVERY gun show in America and EVERY gun shop in America.  GUN needs all your help to do that.  When I walk into a gun show in my area wearing my GUN patches on my ball cap, people ask me about GUN and I tell them.  I do not need to set up a table even.  When I go to the gun range, with GUN stickers on my ammo cases, people ask me about it.  It may be a grassroots campaign, but it is simple, cheap and VERY effective.  People you meet at these places and tell about GUN will listen to you, NOT me - you are there, I am not.

Now like you read in the previous few posts the GUN team has some upcoming changes in the works to hopefully, widen our market and give us a few more things, that few others have.  Is it going to make you rich tomorrow?  Absolutely not.  Do we need your help to spread the word?  Absolutely yes!  Please do not take this post or my lack of verbage in this thread as being negative or the death of our coin - neither is farther from the truth.  While it is important to keep this thread active - me posting daily is not what exchanges and others look for in grading GUN.  They look for lots of users with lots of comments.  Bottom line - GUN is not just about me or even the GUN team.  GUN is about the Guncoin users, the Second Amendment and a technologically sound path forward for the firearms community.  As always, the Guncoin team sincerely appreciates your feedback and support!  Please have a safe and Happy July 4th weekend!

GUN Address (Donations) - GymMmoKGErzJXx8UFT9ddBzf3SFH4wdWKj
Cheap Servers for Masternodes - https://www.vultr.com/?ref=8153109
Turnkey Masternode Setup - https://www.setupmasternodes.com/ref/guncoininfo/
Spekske

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2015, 03:50:27 AM

I've just lowered the fee for http://coincave.eu to 1% (for those interested I make about 10 cents a month on fee, and expenses are quite a bit higher)

I've also just finished adding a new blockexplorer including richlist:

http://gunexplorer.cryptopool.nl

GuncoinInfo

Activity: 781
Merit: 276

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2015, 02:56:50 PM

I've just lowered the fee for http://coincave.eu to 1% (for those interested I make about 10 cents a month on fee, and expenses are quite a bit higher)

I've also just finished adding a new blockexplorer including richlist:

http://gunexplorer.cryptopool.nl

Very good - thanks so much!

GUN Address (Donations) - GymMmoKGErzJXx8UFT9ddBzf3SFH4wdWKj
Cheap Servers for Masternodes - https://www.vultr.com/?ref=8153109
Turnkey Masternode Setup - https://www.setupmasternodes.com/ref/guncoininfo/
Spekske

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2015, 09:15:48 AM

MPOS pool is also running now Smiley

http://gun.cryptopool.nl (1% fee)

mrbigmugs

Activity: 247
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 03, 2015, 02:55:48 AM
Last edit: July 03, 2015, 01:19:33 PM by mrbigmugs

For starters, GUNCOIN is still going strong, mined and traded in multiple places after well over a year in circulation.  Less than 10% of the crypto coins out there can make that claim - operational and stable for over a year.  Just because you do not see us on the evening news does not mean the coin is worthless and not supported - it could not be farther from the truth.  There are lots of things in work by the 2-3 of us actually working to grow the coin.  As with most coins, the vast majority of users, buy and mine the coin and wait for some one else to create the market and grow the coin - let someone else do all the work and then complain when we do not make you rich in a few weeks.  Sorry, it does not work that way.  Our role on the research and development team is to support the coin and keep it going and technologically current to compete long term in the crypto con market.  We are not mining and dumping the coin, actually we are still buying the coin to support it most of the time.  We spend about 1 BTC per month on website, nodes, etc to maintain your coin out of our own pocket, not out of coins we dump and sell like other coin developers.

Remember, in theory, one big advantage of  crypto currency is that it is decentralized - and you want it this way - it is a big advantage of crypto that every one forgets.  In other words, you do NOT want all your eggs in my basket.  You do not see the BTC and LTC development team out marketing their coins do you?Huh  No, all the users are creating apps, etc to spread the word on them.  This is not the first time, I have written about this and probably will not be the last.   The long term success of GUN and really any crypt coin is dependent on the community and the support that it gets there. There is no way, I can go to EVERY gun range in America, EVERY gun show in America and EVERY gun shop in America.  GUN needs all your help to do that.  When I walk into a gun show in my area wearing my GUN patches on my ball cap, people ask me about GUN and I tell them.  I do not need to set up a table even.  When I go to the gun range, with GUN stickers on my ammo cases, people ask me about it.  It may be a grassroots campaign, but it is simple, cheap and VERY effective.  People you meet at these places and tell about GUN will listen to you, NOT me - you are there, I am not.

Now like you read in the previous few posts the GUN team has some upcoming changes in the works to hopefully, widen our market and give us a few more things, that few others have.  Is it going to make you rich tomorrow?  Absolutely not.  Do we need your help to spread the word?  Absolutely yes!  Please do not take this post or my lack of verbage in this thread as being negative or the death of our coin - neither is farther from the truth.  While it is important to keep this thread active - me posting daily is not what exchanges and others look for in grading GUN.  They look for lots of users with lots of comments.  Bottom line - GUN is not just about me or even the GUN team.  GUN is about the Guncoin users, the Second Amendment and a technologically sound path forward for the firearms community.  As always, the Guncoin team sincerely appreciates your feedback and support!  Please have a safe and Happy July 4th weekend!

Thanks for the update we appreciate all your hard work ! I have got some stickers and they look cool. Where can you get the patches from? I would like to get 3 I think.

damm315er

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 10:19:31 PM

For starters, GUNCOIN is still going strong, mined and traded in multiple places after well over a year in circulation.  Less than 10% of the crypto coins out there can make that claim - operational and stable for over a year.  Just because you do not see us on the evening news does not mean the coin is worthless and not supported - it could not be farther from the truth.  There are lots of things in work by the 2-3 of us actually working to grow the coin.  As with most coins, the vast majority of users, buy and mine the coin and wait for some one else to create the market and grow the coin - let someone else do all the work and then complain when we do not make you rich in a few weeks.  Sorry, it does not work that way.  Our role on the research and development team is to support the coin and keep it going and technologically current to compete long term in the crypto con market.  We are not mining and dumping the coin, actually we are still buying the coin to support it most of the time.  We spend about 1 BTC per month on website, nodes, etc to maintain your coin out of our own pocket, not out of coins we dump and sell like other coin developers.

Remember, in theory, one big advantage of  crypto currency is that it is decentralized - and you want it this way - it is a big advantage of crypto that every one forgets.  In other words, you do NOT want all your eggs in my basket.  You do not see the BTC and LTC development team out marketing their coins do you?Huh  No, all the users are creating apps, etc to spread the word on them.  This is not the first time, I have written about this and probably will not be the last.   The long term success of GUN and really any crypt coin is dependent on the community and the support that it gets there. There is no way, I can go to EVERY gun range in America, EVERY gun show in America and EVERY gun shop in America.  GUN needs all your help to do that.  When I walk into a gun show in my area wearing my GUN patches on my ball cap, people ask me about GUN and I tell them.  I do not need to set up a table even.  When I go to the gun range, with GUN stickers on my ammo cases, people ask me about it.  It may be a grassroots campaign, but it is simple, cheap and VERY effective.  People you meet at these places and tell about GUN will listen to you, NOT me - you are there, I am not.

Now like you read in the previous few posts the GUN team has some upcoming changes in the works to hopefully, widen our market and give us a few more things, that few others have.  Is it going to make you rich tomorrow?  Absolutely not.  Do we need your help to spread the word?  Absolutely yes!  Please do not take this post or my lack of verbage in this thread as being negative or the death of our coin - neither is farther from the truth.  While it is important to keep this thread active - me posting daily is not what exchanges and others look for in grading GUN.  They look for lots of users with lots of comments.  Bottom line - GUN is not just about me or even the GUN team.  GUN is about the Guncoin users, the Second Amendment and a technologically sound path forward for the firearms community.  As always, the Guncoin team sincerely appreciates your feedback and support!  Please have a safe and Happy July 4th weekend!

Thanks for the update we appreciate all your hard work ! I have got some stickers and they look cool. Where can you get the patches from? I would like to get 3 I think.

How are your stickers holding up? I put a couple on my truck and on several ammo cans, and they are holding up great after many months..  But you're in the south, lots more sunlight there.

If they don't hold up well, I have sourced some stickers with a UV shield and a guarantee to last 2 years, but they cost about 4x as much.
AR15usr

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 09, 2015, 03:38:51 AM

For solo mining via the Mac wallet to I just hit "Start Mining"? Do I need to fill in any of the "Server", "Port" etc fields?
Pages: « 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 [67] 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 ... 143 »
  Print  

Jump to: