Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 01:00:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 [69] 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 ... 143 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Guncoin(GUN) - GUN Core V2.0 - New Exchange for Guncoin  (Read 187892 times)
damm315er

Activity: 539
Merit: 255

View Profile
July 28, 2015, 11:10:31 PM

Ok, the new wallet is being worked on, target delivery mid august.. (yes, I know that someone dedicated could have a wallet out in a week, but all of us working on this have full time jobs, have other side projects, and have families, so the work is being done in limited spare time)

Stuff that is definitely getting done:

- fix - solo mining, as the current wallet that function is broken for GPU's and only works with CPU mining
- fix - multiple references inside the wallet to the coin it was adapted from during the neoscrypt switch
- adding - QR codes, this will facilitate using the pads I found as POS (Point Of Sale) units making Guncoin usable in the real world, as well as printing paper wallets for giving awards

Stuff that is probably not going to be popular:

- adding - 1% Promotion fee to mined blocks.  In open disclosure, these coins will all be deposited to an account that will be used strictly for promotion of guncoin.  The account can be monitored via the block explorer to see that the coins will be given as prizes at events to promote Guncoin in the real world.

Stuff that is possibly getting done: (may come in a second release later)

- adding - remote connection to the wallet with receive-only coin transfer ability, this will facilitate using a separate device as a POS unit, protecting the wallet from theft if the device is stolen
- adding - ability to add new functions to the wallet, without a complete wallet update
- adding - 0.5% administrative (this is 1 coin per block) fee to pay for wallet upgrades, keeping masternodes and block explorers active.

We know fees aren't attractive but pools charge an average of 1.5%, and that is for one guy to just run a server with several coins taking that off of every coin.

At this point, we are open to discussion on other things to add to the wallet while it gets upgraded.  Do you have an idea?

The wallet is currently getting modified, and the list of definite fixes is in progress.

Last call to offer an opinion on anything on the maybe list.  Or offer a suggestion to add, remove, or repair something..
mrbigmugs

Activity: 247
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 29, 2015, 02:47:01 AM

Both of my wallets windows and android(even though you can't download on playstore anymore) still work great no problems here !

TheSignsGuy

Activity: 318
Merit: 253

View Profile
July 29, 2015, 03:09:39 AM

Ok, the new wallet is being worked on, target delivery mid august.. (yes, I know that someone dedicated could have a wallet out in a week, but all of us working on this have full time jobs, have other side projects, and have families, so the work is being done in limited spare time)

- fix - solo mining, as the current wallet that function is broken for GPU's and only works with CPU mining
- fix - multiple references inside the wallet to the coin it was adapted from during the neoscrypt switch
- adding - QR codes, this will facilitate using the pads I found as POS (Point Of Sale) units making Guncoin usable in the real world, as well as printing paper wallets for giving awards

- adding - 1% Promotion fee to mined blocks.  In open disclosure, these coins will all be deposited to an account that will be used strictly for promotion of guncoin.  The account can be monitored via the block explorer to see that the coins will be given as prizes at events to promote Guncoin in the real world.

- adding - remote connection to the wallet with receive-only coin transfer ability, this will facilitate using a separate device as a POS unit, protecting the wallet from theft if the device is stolen
- adding - ability to add new functions to the wallet, without a complete wallet update
- adding - 0.5% administrative (this is 1 coin per block) fee to pay for wallet upgrades, keeping masternodes and block explorers active.

We know fees aren't attractive but pools charge an average of 1.5%, and that is for one guy to just run a server with several coins taking that off of every coin.

At this point, we are open to discussion on other things to add to the wallet while it gets upgraded.  Do you have an idea?

The wallet is currently getting modified, and the list of definite fixes is in progress.

Last call to offer an opinion on anything on the maybe list.  Or offer a suggestion to add, remove, or repair something..

I believe that some fees/donations towards upkeep, promotion, etc....applied to transactions is a good idea, = investing in itself. Almost everything we use, needs some investment/maintenance, whether it be a vehicle, home, tools, business, or even coin.

On the wallet, a notification bar to let us know when updates are needed or to share a pertinent Guncoin status event like a news ticker, a comma separating coin amounts, paper wallet capabilities using our own images, maybe the ability to change the color or look of the wallet with background themes. It all sounds like a lot of work, but would be awesome to have.
GuncoinInfo

Activity: 781
Merit: 276

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2015, 08:08:23 PM

I believe that some fees/donations towards upkeep, promotion, etc....applied to transactions is a good idea, = investing in itself. Almost everything we use, needs some investment/maintenance, whether it be a vehicle, home, tools, business, or even coin.

On the wallet, a notification bar to let us know when updates are needed or to share a pertinent Guncoin status event like a news ticker, a comma separating coin amounts, paper wallet capabilities using our own images, maybe the ability to change the color or look of the wallet with background themes. It all sounds like a lot of work, but would be awesome to have.

Thanks for the feedback, will see what all can be included.  Like we have said before, our desire is to stay technologically current as best we can.  While we do not want to be on the bleeding edge of technology, we do not want to viewed as old or outdated.  If you see useful new features that other coins come up with that you think might be beneficial to the long term success of GUN, please let us know.  As always, we appreciate your feedback and support!

GUN Address (Donations) - GymMmoKGErzJXx8UFT9ddBzf3SFH4wdWKj
Cheap Servers for Masternodes - https://www.vultr.com/?ref=8153109
Turnkey Masternode Setup - https://www.setupmasternodes.com/ref/guncoininfo/
Dabs
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
July 30, 2015, 02:12:18 AM

Hi guys. I may be getting an AMD APU, you know, the ones with built in GPUs inside the CPU. Would like to be able to mine on those (using all the cores, including the GPU cores.)

For example, the AMD A8 has 4 CPU cores and 6 GPU cores. ... So it's not as fast as when I had the R9 270X, but ...

damm315er

View Profile
July 30, 2015, 04:17:26 PM

Hi guys. I may be getting an AMD APU, you know, the ones with built in GPUs inside the CPU. Would like to be able to mine on those (using all the cores, including the GPU cores.)

For example, the AMD A8 has 4 CPU cores and 6 GPU cores. ... So it's not as fast as when I had the R9 270X, but ...

Yes, you can mine the GPU cores with GPU miner software.  No, it will not be smoking fast.  Yes, to mine all the cores on the CPU you will have to use both CPU and GPU miner software.

You should be able to install the 270x as well, if the mobo has a slot for it and you still have it to mine with.
TheSignsGuy

View Profile
July 30, 2015, 09:52:52 PM

It is good to see others having an interest in mining Guncoin.

It's been fun this last week or so seeing my GUN balance increase.

Something that just dawned on me is that Guncoin is still in it's initial block reward phase, with quite some time to go before a halving, so anybody can still get in on it with a little bit of effort.
GuncoinInfo

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2015, 03:51:48 AM

It is good to see others having an interest in mining Guncoin.

It's been fun this last week or so seeing my GUN balance increase.

Something that just dawned on me is that Guncoin is still in it's initial block reward phase, with quite some time to go before a halving, so anybody can still get in on it with a little bit of effort.

Well, that is the idea - too often, eraly block rewards go to the developers and big guns who get in first.  Then the reward decreases and difficulty goes up and there is little motivation for anyone to jump in and mine.  Our hope is that enough small time users collect enough guncoin while we are still in the initial block cycle to keep their interest up  We do have some new features in work that we hope will make us more useful to the crypto community and the typical gunshop or range owner.  As always, we appreciate your continued interest and support.

groggin
Legendary

Activity: 1894
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 11:43:10 AM
Last edit: July 31, 2015, 11:56:30 AM by groggin

i havn't mined neoscrypt before, what is the comandline to start sgminer? (tried it unmodded, won't do that again). followed this link above, and the getting started section indicates scrypt Huh

also, think OP should be updated @ exchanges and include cryptopia.

loose the sword that is your pen or tongue [or bittorrent enabled computer] and help fight the so-called new world order   it is the enemy of humanity[/b][/url]  |  Sign-up @ Aurovine to get FREE HD music ... and coins!| |
damm315er

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 12:11:11 PM

i havn't mined neoscrypt before, what is the comandline to start sgminer? (tried it unmodded, won't do that again). followed this link above, and the getting started section indicates scrypt Huh

Unfortunately neoscrypt remains broken because the main coder decided to keep the unified and optimized code for his own rental GPU farm.

What GPU's are you mining with?  The specific instructions for your GPU's involve using different versions of sgminer or cgminer per GPU generation.  
groggin
Legendary

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 12:39:49 PM

Unfortunately neoscrypt remains broken because the main coder decided to keep the unified and optimized code for his own rental GPU farm.

What GPU's are you mining with?  The specific instructions for your GPU's involve using different versions of sgminer or cgminer per GPU generation.  

hi - thanks, i'm trying to fire up an old ati hd5670. also have an r9-280x but it is busy atm  Wink

loose the sword that is your pen or tongue [or bittorrent enabled computer] and help fight the so-called new world order   it is the enemy of humanity[/b][/url]  |  Sign-up @ Aurovine to get FREE HD music ... and coins!| |
TheSignsGuy

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 04:17:33 PM

hi - thanks, i'm trying to fire up an old ati hd5670. also have an r9-280x but it is busy atm  Wink

Maybe this info could help:

I am using a r9-290x and found a few versions of sgminer for neoscrypt out there. The version that gave me the best results was downloaded from theblocksfactory mining site. Had to change the specs in the conf file of course. One original setting that caught me off guard was the temp or fan settings I believe. Didn't think about that change at first and the temp shut down kicked in. Make sure to go through the list before firing it up if you do.

Am getting around 260 Kh/s at relatively non-intense settings.
groggin
Legendary

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 07:04:37 PM

hi - thanks, i'm trying to fire up an old ati hd5670. also have an r9-280x but it is busy atm  Wink

Maybe this info could help:

I am using a r9-290x and found a few versions of sgminer for neoscrypt out there. The version that gave me the best results was downloaded from theblocksfactory mining site. Had to change the specs in the conf file of course. One original setting that caught me off guard was the temp or fan settings I believe. Didn't think about that change at first and the temp shut down kicked in. Make sure to go through the list before firing it up if you do.

Am getting around 260 Kh/s at relatively non-intense settings.

thanks! do you use something like: sgminer.exe -neoscrypt ....  (i'd already dLed that miner (v5-dev-neoscrypt) and just tried it: *crashes*) still trying ... Wink

my bat: (tried it with and without the neoscrypt flag, same result)

setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
setx GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1
Color 0a
cgminer.exe --device 1 --neoscrypt --remove-disabled --intensity 13 -o stratum+tcp://pools2.cryptopia.co.nz:5072 -u x -p x

TheSignsGuy

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 08:45:29 PM

Your settings look like what would be in a .bat file, under the same folder which would include your miner's .exe file, while using CGminer.
Not sure about your settings since cards will be different.

I have not used cgminer to mine neoscrypt, but would assume it would take a particular version to do so.

What I can share though is my .conf file that is being used for SGminer-5-dev-neoscrypt-windows-new2, running a r9-290x:

This one has a failover.

{
"pools" : [
   {
      "url" : "stratum+tcp://cryptopool.nl:3337",
      "user" : "theSignsGuy.1",
      "pass" : "x"
   },
        {
      "url" : "stratum+tcp://stratum.gun.theblocksfactory.com:3330",
      "user" : "TheSignGuy.1",
      "pass" : "x"
        }
]
"intensity" : "17",
"worksize" : "512",
"kernel" : "neoscrypt",
"lookup-gap" : "2",
"thread-concurrency" : "32765",
"shaders" : "0",
"gpu-threads" : "2",
"gpu-engine" : "0-0",
"gpu-fan" : "79",
"gpu-memclock" : "0",
"gpu-memdiff" : "0",
"gpu-powertune" : "0",
"gpu-vddc" : "0.000",
"temp-cutoff" : "92",
"temp-overheat" : "85",
"temp-target" : "79",
"api-mcast-port" : "4028",
"api-port" : "4028",

You would want to place your information in it of course, and change whatever specs fit your video card.
You can search for what others have used for their card specs under other coins that use neoscrypt, or card settings comparisons.
Hope this helps a bit, my knowledge is limited to what I have done previously, but had fun learning to do so.
damm315er

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 09:20:55 PM

Try this site for settings.  http://hw.neoscrypt.tk/  (the 333 kh/s from the R9-290 is me Wink )

NOTE: You will not get better speed from the 290x than the 290 like most algo's...  That is the coder keeping the good code to himself.
damm315er

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 09:36:01 PM

On another note, we have the original android wallet source, and wallet.  Most of the functions work, but some do not.  Once we have them all working properly, we'll release a new android wallet. 

I'm resisting the urge to re-release the old android wallet, seeing as it's gone from the play store.  I don't want people grabbing the old wallet thinking it's new, then complaining about it not working fully.  Then having the mix of old and new android wallets causing even more confusion once the new one is released. 

From a tech support perspective, it's a headache that I don't want to deal with.   Lips sealed
groggin
Legendary

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 09:45:46 PM

thanks for the responses, had to check my .bat and i did type it wrong; i am using SGminer-5-dev-neoscrypt-windows-new2 also, typ0 fixed but the client still crashes. not sure what else to try, recent install of windows, everything up to date, no extra spaces in the comand line, well anyway, this at least is now correct it seems to me:

Color 0a
sgminer.exe --device 1 --remove-disabled -I 13 -o stratum+tcp://pools2.cryptopia.co.nz:5072 -u x -p x

thanks again   Smiley

damm315er

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 10:34:49 PM

thanks for the responses, had to check my .bat and i did type it wrong; i am using SGminer-5-dev-neoscrypt-windows-new2 also, typ0 fixed but the client still crashes. not sure what else to try, recent install of windows, everything up to date, no extra spaces in the comand line, well anyway, this at least is now correct it seems to me:

Color 0a
sgminer.exe --device 1 --remove-disabled -I 13 -o stratum+tcp://pools2.cryptopia.co.nz:5072 -u x -p x

thanks again   Smiley

Best to remove the -I 13 from the batch file and control it from the .conf file instead.

Also, SGminer5 has an issue calling devices other than device 0.  If you want to control a single device that isn't 0, set them all to 0 except the device used to mine in the .conf.
groggin
Legendary

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 11:18:24 PM

Color 0a

thanks again   Smiley

Best to remove the -I 13 from the batch file and control it from the .conf file instead.

Also, SGminer5 has an issue calling devices other than device 0.  If you want to control a single device that isn't 0, set them all to 0 except the device used to mine in the .conf.

tried it without the -I/-- intensity, no change, pointed it to the r-9, program crashed.

i'm day trading gun every day and will continue to do so, slowly gaining on it  Smiley don't want to try changing driver or sdk ver as things are working well otherwise...  thanks for trying!
~g

GuncoinInfo

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2015, 04:05:51 AM

On another note, we have the original android wallet source, and wallet.  Most of the functions work, but some do not.  Once we have them all working properly, we'll release a new android wallet. 

I'm resisting the urge to re-release the old android wallet, seeing as it's gone from the play store.  I don't want people grabbing the old wallet thinking it's new, then complaining about it not working fully.  Then having the mix of old and new android wallets causing even more confusion once the new one is released. 

From a tech support perspective, it's a headache that I don't want to deal with.   Lips sealed

I think it best to sit on the old android wallet for now.  There is not a desperate need for it now and with some minor issues with it (since it is outdated), that is one more thing to try and support.  I think with some useful upgrades in work, the best time for the "new" android wallet would be after the updated GUN wallets and mining tools come out.  Then the "new" android wallet could be validated with everyone running the newest version of GUN. 

All that being said, if anyone really needs or want to play with the android wallet, we could make it available, but we are not going to respond to troubleshooting issues as our developers are busy working on some new useful features that we prefer to make their priority.  Don't worry, we WILL have a working Android wallet for GUN.

Pages: « 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 [69] 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 ... 143 »
  Print  

Jump to: