Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 01:03:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 [78] 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 ... 143 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Guncoin(GUN) - GUN Core V2.0 - New Exchange for Guncoin  (Read 187886 times)
thegeneral1985

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 03, 2017, 07:59:09 AM
Last edit: June 03, 2017, 09:27:10 AM by thegeneral1985

ETH is "centralized" ... you sure you want that for a coin meant for firearms? And why even bother getting "smart" when a regular "dumb" coin will do, at least it is our own blockchain, not dependant on some 23 year old Russian immigrant to Canada who can fork the chain at will.

Agreed, LOL, my thinking exactly - you would be nuts to try that with any other coin than GUN that wants to be decentralized, even though some keep trying to push it to be a one man show....

I agree about ETH- it was forked and not stable and run by a dude in Canada...LOL.  But it's very functional right now.  That can of course change.  XCP on the other hand is built on BTC blockchain and almost impossible to fork or censor- but has the same high tx costs and data/smart contract limitations as BTC.

And also, I wouldn't worry about ETH, because it is becoming easier and easier to migrate tokens/coins to different blockchains.

We should really think about the most useful applications before going ahead with smart contracts, data file storage on a new gun blockchain.  We could also fork a blockchain like ETH and create our own blockchain like Ubiq did...but that has limitations too- we don't have the resources to maintain a complex blockchain ourselves.  It takes resources and the blockchain we fork from will always have an edge.

Option #1
So we're back to ETH or Waves or something.  I'm a proponent of ETH because it's widely-adopted ERC20 token will be easy to work with and transact and do what we need and low tx costs and very functional.  If you look at Vitalik's history, he is very anti-censorship and is continually molding ETH in that direction.  I know the fork was a huge issue.  But I think the trend in crypto is the emerging ability to painlessly move to a new blockchain.  If you look at new projects you will see it's becoming easier and easier for coins to switch to a new blockchain if the old one no longer meets their needs.  A good example was Storj.  Storj got off XCP because of high tx costs and pretty seamlessly moved to ETH.  They just gave the old coin holders new coins and had a ETH token offering.  So if Vitalik decides to try to censor us or cave to certain people- we can get up and move our blockchain to ETC or somewhere else.  But, I don't think he'll cave to authorities.  He's Russian...LOL...he's not a huge fan of globalism- probably why he's in crypto anyway.  But, if he does- we can move our blockchain to another platform.  And ETH will be super easy- we can make multiple ERC20 tokens- GUN-Gold, GUN-Silver, GUN-CAD (for STL files).  The great thing about ERC20 is that it's super simple.  And it's a standard, meaning you can keep all these assets on an ETH wallet, it's super easy for exchanges to list them.  The pros really do outweigh the cons with ERC20.

Option #2
The other option is to go full steam and build a new blockchain ourselves and focus on privacy and anti-censorship properties- like a Monero version of ETH.  There's Siacoin and MAID that are trying to create censorship proof data storage solutions.  Maybe we can try our own- but again, this second option is dev heavy- we need devS and resources.  But the payoffs will be there too.  This option is really hard.

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
chalsengi

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 03, 2017, 01:04:46 PM

BOScoin is coming out in October. It is pretty similar to Eth. But yeah, gotta wait until October to check it out. They have an active Slack though, maybe you could get in touch with them.

Also UBIQ and Verge could be options. UBIQ is an Eth fork I think, and Verge is supposed to be anonymous and the dev is cool and active and I think adding a token system.
Dabs
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
June 03, 2017, 02:41:47 PM

There's bancor. Create your own coin using chatbots. As of this post, they have yet to conduct their ICO.

thegeneral1985

View Profile
June 03, 2017, 03:45:10 PM
Last edit: June 03, 2017, 05:31:37 PM by thegeneral1985

There's bancor. Create your own coin using chatbots. As of this post, they have yet to conduct their ICO.

Yes, there are lots of good options.  We can wait a few months- and issuing crypto is just going to get easier and easier.

But Bancor and the rest won't be live until the end of the year.  And the way Bancor works is that you have an option to issue coin on Bancor- but it issues ETH in reserve at first- so it will first integrate ERC20 tokens probably- again an argument for ETH and ERC20.

Again, I feel issuance is the easy part. We have to figure out the best use case I think and increase adoption.  Gold, silver, STL files, pooling 2A reserve fund contracts, etc?

Whatever we do- we have to make sure we have a community and are not a low volume coin- we don't want to get in that death spiral again where we get delisted off exchanges and volume collapses.
GuncoinInfo

Activity: 781
Merit: 276

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2017, 06:50:33 PM

On the Guncoin.info website, under Links, I have added an "Other Resources" page to start a collection of some descriptions of some of these options you are discussing.  Bancor was a new one for me and would be interesting to look into further

https://bancor.network/

GUN Address (Donations) - GymMmoKGErzJXx8UFT9ddBzf3SFH4wdWKj
Cheap Servers for Masternodes - https://www.vultr.com/?ref=8153109
Turnkey Masternode Setup - https://www.setupmasternodes.com/ref/guncoininfo/
Dabs
Legendary

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
June 03, 2017, 08:36:42 PM

Just be sure there's some sort of swap or exchange or burn option for old GUN1 to new GUN2. This may have the side effect of temporarily increasing the price of GUN as some people will be looking to exit, and some others want to accumulate.

GuncoinInfo

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2017, 09:09:44 PM

Just be sure there's some sort of swap or exchange or burn option for old GUN1 to new GUN2. This may have the side effect of temporarily increasing the price of GUN as some people will be looking to exit, and some others want to accumulate.

Why go to that trouble?  Why not just fork GUN to what the group decides is the best direction forward?

Dabs
Legendary

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
June 03, 2017, 11:21:25 PM

Oh. If it's new type of blockchain, it might make sense to start from scratch. If it's compatible, then a fork would work just fine. You can't, for example, fork now and then migrate it to a token on ETH. You will be creating a brand new token.

Perhaps a smart contract that takes a snapshot of the guncoin blockchain, but I don't know if that can work automatically. Plus the addresses look different.

GuncoinInfo

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2017, 11:46:14 PM

Oh. If it's new type of blockchain, it might make sense to start from scratch. If it's compatible, then a fork would work just fine. You can't, for example, fork now and then migrate it to a token on ETH. You will be creating a brand new token.

Perhaps a smart contract that takes a snapshot of the guncoin blockchain, but I don't know if that can work automatically. Plus the addresses look different.

OK, we are in agreement then - so that would be where it makes sense to fork what we have now for one option that fits with existing GUN and call it Guncoin-Gold or GUN1, then create something totally different with another purpose and algorithm and make it Guncoin-Silver, etc. etc. etc. So then we would need the Guncoin exchange to exchange between 2-3 coins or tokens and we have a Guncoin Economic System instead of just one coin.  That is what I envisioned two years ago - there were just not as many options for the second two as there are now. 

Like thegeneral said, we are not in any hurry and new things pop up every day giving us more options and probably making it easier.  I am not terribly interested in blazing a new and unproven technology trail at this point.  But taking advantage and making use of the best of what is out there with a new purpose makes good business sense.....

thegeneral1985

View Profile
June 05, 2017, 10:06:54 AM

OK, we are in agreement then - so that would be where it makes sense to fork what we have now for one option that fits with existing GUN and call it Guncoin-Gold or GUN1, then create something totally different with another purpose and algorithm and make it Guncoin-Silver, etc. etc. etc. So then we would need the Guncoin exchange to exchange between 2-3 coins or tokens and we have a Guncoin Economic System instead of just one coin.  That is what I envisioned two years ago - there were just not as many options for the second two as there are now. 

Like thegeneral said, we are not in any hurry and new things pop up every day giving us more options and probably making it easier.  I am not terribly interested in blazing a new and unproven technology trail at this point.  But taking advantage and making use of the best of what is out there with a new purpose makes good business sense.....

It is my opinion that the era of a small team with little funding creating its own blockchain is over.  Devs are going to put coins and tokens on the main blockchains.  It's just economics.  Blockchains (that are good and scalable) are just to difficult and expensive to maintain for smaller operators.  And given the network effects and economies of scale of larger blockchains- people will release tokens/coins on large blockchains.

That is where we are now.  With these new blockchains coming up- I think we should examine them and think about issuing our coin on one of them by year's end.
uiotr

Activity: 37

View Profile
June 05, 2017, 03:00:14 PM

Does anyone have bootstrap guncoin ? my wallet can't sync
GuncoinInfo

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2017, 10:59:24 PM

Can't sync or just taking a long time to sync?  Some of my wallets have not been looked at for months - when I turn them on, it may take 4-5 hours or more to sync that one wallet.  Does it show blocks being read on your help page?

uiotr

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 06:13:40 AM

Can't sync or just taking a long time to sync?  Some of my wallets have not been looked at for months - when I turn them on, it may take 4-5 hours or more to sync that one wallet.  Does it show blocks being read on your help page?

I just tried to install wallet but can not scync
number of connections = 3
current number of blocks N/A
estimated total blocks N/A
last block time N/A
TheSignsGuy

Activity: 318
Merit: 253

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 06:33:07 AM

last block time N/A

If you have connections, it should be synchronizing.
I would believe that if you give it more time, it should show some activity.
You can also check the current block height here: https://chainz.cryptoid.info/gun/#
I know that I can have some difficulty when my internet is "running slow".
uiotr

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 06:49:40 AM

last block time N/A

If you have connections, it should be synchronizing.
I would believe that if you give it more time, it should show some activity.
You can also check the current block height here: https://chainz.cryptoid.info/gun/#
I know that I can have some difficulty when my internet is "running slow".

ok thx, i have added a node from https://chainz.cryptoid.info/gun/#!network . solved Cheesy thx
TheSignsGuy

Activity: 318
Merit: 253

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 07:48:57 AM

Skimmed through recent posts/pages and wanted to share some thoughts:

It is good to see activity/discussion going on.

There are some funky coins out there, but I believe that their popularity goes along with a user's particular interest.
To me, it is difficult to imagine there not being many 2nd Amendment supporters who would love to know about GUN's existence, but just haven't learned of it yet.

Hopefully there are others on the sidelines, ready/willing to assist or share ideas.
If we can get more on board, the general 2nd Amendment Community's determination could be an unstoppable resource to have available.
Speaking of that, a focus initially on USA is probably where the strongest GUN support is possible.

It seems like some original resources (explorer-android wallet-marketplace) more or less slipped away.
Maybe we needed some shaking up prior to that, but now that they are gone, this may show the value they had.
I do not fault anybody, and understand that it must be a lot of work and hassle with maintaining them, and annoying too, especially considering that they were not being used.
BTW, I will do my best to keep an explorer going, but want to give kudos to the original supporter doing so (it should show his contribution back here somewhere on an earlier page).

My thoughts have been more or less "build it and they will come, or at least give them an opportunity to do so", and have been hoping for some updated resources, not having the knowledge myself to make them happen in a safe manner.
In particular, I am referring to a simple to use mobile wallet, and a secure web wallet for newcomers who don't want to learn/do the download-synchronize wallet stuff (probably the biggest turn off in crypto for somebody new to it that I can think of).
If ever there were those wallets, a fee for transactions could be a good idea, to help cover their maintenance.
I understand that anybody can make these things happen, including myself, but in my case I probably know just enough to be dangerous and am better off showing support than doing.

I do find the user's guide from the GUN homepage http://guncoin.info/users-guide/ very informative and point others to that.

Some kind of a breakthrough offering/use as being discussed, with a support system in place does sound like a winning combination.

I would initially think that ETC might be a better option than ETH if we go that route, due to the immutability aspect being more trustworthy, but honestly haven't looked into the ETH tokens mentioned.
I imagine that it would be some time before/if anything happened (a dumbchain seems fine for now) and ETC may have grown up a bit by then too, and there could be options coming that we don't know of yet.
If changes happen someday where coins have to be turned in/exchanged for another, that process would need to have no time limit to do so, otherwise we lose the immutability of stored value ourselves.

tldr; shared some ramblings
chalsengi

Activity: 49

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 08:11:43 AM
Last edit: June 06, 2017, 10:02:19 PM by chalsengi

Well I can see 2A supporters seeing crypto as an alternative regardless of whether they know about Guncoin or not. The question then is how can Guncoin be made especially attractive to them.

Not knowing about crypto in general is first obstacle, and then volatility is the second. The US dollar seems to be stable to most people, whereas cryptos are not really.

A platform/blockchain/whatever that offers stability, or could possibly be stabilised, might be more attractive to some people. This reduces its attractiveness to some crypto investors wanting everything going to the moon. But Guncoin wasnt made for that.

I think something like a tether or XRP (which Im under the possibly wrong impression can be price stabilised through supply control) might help with stability. I guess people might complain about centralisation, or of the ability of the biggest stake holders to dump and run - Ripple tried to gain confidence through locking some up. http://www.coindesk.com/ripple-pledges-lock-14-billion-xrp-cryptocurrency/

Advertising on some patriot news sites and blogs might be an idea to consider too as relaunch/revision approaches.
Odeyin

Activity: 86

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 03:16:45 PM

I will upload a zip of the most recent block chain and post a link.

These are all good ideas.

I think cross contracts with ripple is a great idea. Especially for escrow and holding accounts for firearm purchases, and possible proof of FFL through internet transactions.
Odeyin

Activity: 86

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 04:04:20 AM

Here is the current block chain updated at about 23:50 June 6, 2017

https://ufile.io/l52jk

MD5SUM: 0bd88e6398755e07600409b6c6729c95

guncoin_block_chain_6_6_2017.zip

It also has an updated configuration file with the current available nodes.
ropyu1978

Activity: 1904
Merit: 510

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 02:32:02 PM

exchange?
Pages: « 1 ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 [78] 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 ... 143 »
  Print  

Jump to: