Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 12:27:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Stop comparing ETH with BTC!!!!!!!!  (Read 24128 times)
leetcoiner

Activity: 1056
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 21, 2019, 07:10:58 AM

What can we do when the crypto market is weak like today? Is it enough just to compare between Bitcoin and Ethereum. Is not every coin has its own privileges and functions. For me everything is good and it depends on how we think.  Lips sealed Thank you!
Of course, the trend of the cryptocurrency market will even affect the flagships of this market. I think that this year will not be easy either.
lavoncoin88
Copper Member

Activity: 109
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 21, 2019, 07:16:57 AM

Since I joined the cryptocurrency world and even this forum I have seen something that people always do that I think its not the right way. People always compaire ETH with BTC telling us that ETH is the best cryptocurrency. I really doubt that because looking at these two coins, although they are all blockchain based currencies but to me BTC is doing far better than ETH. BTC was created before ETH but look at the performances and judge it yourself. I really do not want to talk much about this issue. Guys what do think about what I am arguing about?

Comparing is not were looking here, we value everything in crypto and they are bitcoin and ethereum and other alts. New comers was always attract to alts co'z other experience people inputs for this new comer that alts is better than bitcoin interm of profit. Let says alt is cheap to buy and profitable during selling, just correct me if im wrong but most of it will never survive and well cause zero profit if you continue to invest. The retain and consistence one is the bitcoin for me.

macshad

Activity: 280
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 21, 2019, 07:25:30 AM

You want people to stop comparing ETH and BTC but you just said on what's better which is correct and undeniable but I think you should be neutral on this. I don't even know why this is an issue to you since you don't want to talk about it. People have preferred coin so its obvious if they are comparing ETH to BTC then expect that their portfolio is full of ETH so let them say what's on their opinion.

Are you annoyed with those people that keeps on saying that "ETH will replace bitcoin"?

there is nothing wrong with comparison, specially when you are comparing two cryptocurrencies. there is also nothing wrong with having a preferred cryptocurrency and bag holding it.
however, what is wrong is when your comparison is ignoring every fact there is and only sticks to illusionary hypes to fool others. for example when people that OP is talking about are comparing the two coins they only say "ETH is faster than bitcoin" they never say this being fast has created issues such as more orphans, a gigantic blockchain which makes it impossible to sync your full node with the network and on top of that this "fastness" has not solved anything, the ETH network is still congested! and that is called "comparison".
When ever i see this comparison doesnt make any sense honestly and i also believe its a way of pulling newbies and fooling them out of there money and investment because when i also joined crypto currency world fullly last year the only thing i kept seeing everywhere was how eth is better that bitcoin , its just totally untrue and i dont think being fast is actually doing anything to solve everything they promised Ethereum would solve and as long as eth is still based on pow instead of pos , nothing is changing anytime soon.... Bitcoin is king forever
roadwell890

Activity: 490
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 21, 2019, 07:37:48 AM

Bitcoin and Ethreum are good coins that can be profitable. of course Bitcoin is the best coin and many know about Bitcoin and no doubt, he is the king of coins and he always occupies the top position. they don't need to be compared, they will be equally profitable, especially if you have both coins of course you will get more opportunities.

lllaqpt

Activity: 420
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 21, 2019, 07:51:04 AM

Since I joined the cryptocurrency world and even this forum I have seen something that people always do that I think its not the right way. People always compaire ETH with BTC telling us that ETH is the best cryptocurrency. I really doubt that because looking at these two coins, although they are all blockchain based currencies but to me BTC is doing far better than ETH. BTC was created before ETH but look at the performances and judge it yourself. I really do not want to talk much about this issue. Guys what do think about what I am arguing about?
And with what else can you compare Bitcoin, only with the leader of the alts. Although the latest events, competitors will soon force it out of this position. Both coins are good and have their own features and advantages and on the basis of many clones and forks are created.

SATURN
Liquidity providerfor crypto markets Cross-chain Exchange & OTC trading Platform
────────  Facebook Twitter ♦  Telegram ♦  Blog ♦  Bitcointalk   ────────
rosezionjohn

Activity: 882
Merit: 301

View Profile
January 21, 2019, 07:58:15 AM

You are funny. You are suggesting that we should stop comparing ETH with BTC but you already compared it in your own post. Why not just stop thinking of what other people say and just focus on your own game.
Xising

Activity: 910
Merit: 257

View Profile
January 21, 2019, 08:16:12 AM

It's true that many compare them; however, it's just from the fact that there was once a time when Ethereum really had everything going for it, that it had nearly or closely overtaken Bitcoin as the most valued coin in the market. It's not very easy to reach that point, especially if you are competing with the top dog of the market, which is Bitcoin. It's true that Ethereum is not how it was before, and at the moment, is not even comparable in value to Bitcoin, but I think it's the people being nostalgic about the good times.
voron83-05

Activity: 434
Merit: 1

Pozess - The Photo Sharing Fashion Marketplace Tha

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2019, 09:43:21 AM

Comparing them is not right, but arguing that Ethereum is a really good coin is also not true!

♠ POZESS ♠
Photo Sharing Social Marketplace That Rewards its Users
eagleman

Activity: 1190
Merit: 504

View Profile
January 21, 2019, 11:08:16 AM

You can't remove those people that keeps on comparing ETH to bitcoin, vice versa.
It's a fans war that exchange their own thoughts on what's the best and what's not.
Both are good coin but I'm more into bitcoin but I also hold few ETH's.
passeroutpass

Activity: 438

View Profile
January 21, 2019, 12:24:23 PM

You can't remove those people that keeps on comparing ETH to bitcoin, vice versa.
It's a fans war that exchange their own thoughts on what's the best and what's not.
Both are good coin but I'm more into bitcoin but I also hold few ETH's.
I agree with you, but now I would not hold Ethereum. So far I see nothing positive for this coin. I think it is better to keep the only bitcoin in the current market
uralcryptocoin

Activity: 1042
Merit: 328

SIGNATURE CREATION by uralcryptocoin

View Profile
January 21, 2019, 12:30:22 PM

Ethereum and Bitcoin are both decentralized cryptocurrencies. With 1st and 2nd places of market capitalization. Their comparision is inevitable. And it's nothing bad.
Of course ETH and BTC have different functionality and application. But the success of the one will lead to success of another

BTC   Bitcoin: A Peer-to-Peer Electronic Cash System   BTC
A purely peer-to-peer version of electronic cash would allow online payments to be sent directly from one party to another without going through a financial institution. Digital signatures provide part of the solution, but the main benefits are lost if a trusted third party is still required to prevent double-spending. We propose a solution to the double-spending problem using a peer-to-peer network. The network timestamps transactions by hashing them into an ongoing chain of hash-based proof-of-work, forming a record that cannot be changed without redoing the proof-of-work. The longest chain not only serves as proof of the sequence of events witnessed, but proof that it came from the largest pool of CPU power. As long as a majority of CPU power is controlled by nodes that are not cooperating to attack the network, they'll generate the longest chain and outpace attackers. The network itself requires minimal structure. Messages are broadcast on a best effort basis, and nodes can leave and rejoin the network at will, accepting the longest proof-of-work chain as proof of what happened while they were gone.
Forbiddenone

Activity: 585
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 21, 2019, 12:47:11 PM

There is no comparison bcz both have different motive to be developed,btc was developed to show utility of blockchain tech as payment and eth objective to show that daaps can be further developed and ease the development by providing platform.
- ESPERS -

Activity: 280

View Profile
January 21, 2019, 01:08:22 PM

It is good to compare TOP cryptocurrency. This creates a competition that will make the crypto market prosper. Each of the two coins, Bitcoin and Ethereum, have certain advantages. I do not believe, however, that ETH will get too soon to the level that BTC is now. But ETH will not come down 3rd in coinmarketcap. It's by far the best altcoin.
ajaymukund

Activity: 784
Merit: 10

https://streamies.io/

View Profile
January 21, 2019, 01:10:29 PM

BTC has been a symbol of the crypto market and I think it will be forever in the first place. ETH is really a big competitor worth comparing with BTC and debates often have good ideas.
I do not have too many conflicting opinions with this comparison because I learned a lot when reading their comments.

S T R E A M I E S -  Streaming in Anonimity  -  No rules
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●●     Whitepaper Released    ●● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DISCORD    -    BITCOINTALK    -    WEBSITE    -    EXCHANGE
deodivine1
Copper Member

Activity: 657

View Profile
January 21, 2019, 01:18:18 PM

I like the topic of this thread but in your body I still saw some level of comparison between ETH and BTC. Its old news that BTC is king of crypto, anyone comparing the pace setter with future outcomes shouldn't be crucified depending on the focal point of the comparison. Many blockchain architectures claiming to run higher tps and more scalable end up with network lags when congested. BTC remains king with regards market cap, ETH is also fabulous with regards it's own project aim.
Nuxxorcoin

Activity: 332
Merit: 22

Turkish Translator

View Profile
January 21, 2019, 01:37:54 PM

I think investing in Bitcoin is non-sense. Because there are a lot of altcoins. They are more fast, effective, cheap and functional. I already forget about Bitcoin and focusing on others.
benjamin11

Activity: 406
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 21, 2019, 01:42:56 PM

Yes thats true. People are always comparing the two ever since. Maybe they are comparing the two in terms of popularity but technically speaking they are very different from one another. Their value, prices, uses, market cap, and trend are very much differ from one another. One thing in common from them is that they are one of the best crypto out there by far.
Dilireba

Activity: 350

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2019, 01:43:46 PM

I think Bitcoin is different from Altcoins and we have nothing to compare Bitcoin and Ethereum or other Atlcoins.
Ethereum is good, it seems the best Altcoin, while Bitcoin is the king.

░▒▓ DFINANCE is New Age of DEFI ▓▒░
░▒▓ A Non-Code Platform for Decentralized Trading Instruments ▓▒░
░▒▓ https://dfinance.co ▓▒░
iqlimasyadiqa
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1011

View Profile
January 21, 2019, 01:46:30 PM

Bitcoin and ethereum are different things, that's what many people think. but some people also consider that bitcoin and ethereum are pioneers in the digital currency system so that they cannot be separated. bitcoin is the best coin and ethereum is the best altcoin. so both of them deserve to be juxtaposed and many people also want to know which is the best between them.
Bttzed03
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1149

https://bitcoincleanup.com/

View Profile
January 21, 2019, 02:05:59 PM

You cannot stop people from defending their most precious coins when it's being attacked  Grin Each have their own "community" that's always ready to make these comparisons.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  

Jump to: