Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 10:58:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 ... 216 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [888] [SCRYPT] OctoCoin ◦ The Power of Eight ◦ Don't Blink  (Read 297646 times)
edric

Activity: 546
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 12:16:18 AM

You can call me a liar and a troll all you want but Fusion Has has stolen my coins. They will not responded to my support tickets their PW reset does not work. 5 days and no response I don't care if you work 3 full time jobs after 5 days you could of at least read an email. So defend them all you want they are thieves.

Nobody said you were a liar or a troll. We just said that you shouldn't accuse FH of being theives. They are a pretty standup pool. I have no idea why they havn't answered your email. I do believe Edric said he PM'd the 888 devs to see if they passed the word along.

If it makes you feel better, I am locked on my Megacoin account with Fusionhash.... you don't see me on these threads calling them thieves. I'm sure there's a reason why they haven't responded to us yet. If you don't trust them don't use them.

I have mined anon, murray, mega and octo with them. Hardly ever any issues. I know eventually they will figure out my Megacoin issue and respond.

For now you should just throw your hashes at Edrics pool. He's always on here and will answer your questions daily it appears. But I'm sure the day that he doesn't you'll be on here slandering him as well.

I hope they fix your shit for you. Good luck.

I'm not sure why their password reset won't work, I've tested my pool's with some sockpuppet accounts, just to make sure, and it works fine, it's a standard issue feature in MPOS. You'd think they would have taken the time to check if it works. I hope you guys get it worked out. But yeah, I did PM the 888 dev to see if he'd pass along a message to the pool ops. FusionHash has a pretty good reputation, but not responding to support requests for days and days, I don't understand that one. Maybe their contact form's emails aren't getting through. Guess we won't know until we find out, if that makes sense.

http://888.fedaykin.us
0.8% fee & small block finder bonus

We're smashing blocks today, so join in and profit!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kcanup
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 12:18:10 AM

Can't log in to cryptorush atm, waiting their maintenance to finish.. Sent some octo there, transfer stays 0/unconfirmed coz they took down octo wallet earlier, immediately after i transferred my octo so lets see what happens when cryptorush is up and working.. Undecided Anybody gone through same situation in this exchange?
frameLAlife

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

Yessir.

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2014, 12:24:08 AM

You can call me a liar and a troll all you want but Fusion Has has stolen my coins. They will not responded to my support tickets their PW reset does not work. 5 days and no response I don't care if you work 3 full time jobs after 5 days you could of at least read an email. So defend them all you want they are thieves.

Nobody said you were a liar or a troll. We just said that you shouldn't accuse FH of being theives. They are a pretty standup pool. I have no idea why they havn't answered your email. I do believe Edric said he PM'd the 888 devs to see if they passed the word along.

If it makes you feel better, I am locked on my Megacoin account with Fusionhash.... you don't see me on these threads calling them thieves. I'm sure there's a reason why they haven't responded to us yet. If you don't trust them don't use them.

I have mined anon, murray, mega and octo with them. Hardly ever any issues. I know eventually they will figure out my Megacoin issue and respond.

For now you should just throw your hashes at Edrics pool. He's always on here and will answer your questions daily it appears. But I'm sure the day that he doesn't you'll be on here slandering him as well.

I'm not sure why their password reset won't work, I've tested my pool's with some sockpuppet accounts, just to make sure, and it works fine, it's a standard issue feature in MPOS. You'd think they would have taken the time to check if it works. I hope you guys get it worked out. But yeah, I did PM the 888 dev to see if he'd pass along a message to the pool ops. FusionHash has a pretty good reputation, but not responding to support requests for days and days, I don't understand that one. Maybe their contact form's emails aren't getting through. Guess we won't know until we find out, if that makes sense.

Yeah I was surprised they haven't responded. I mean mine has been sitting there for a few days and I sent a second one today. I understand why that guy is frustrated. But I highly doubt they are stealing coins lol.

My issue on Megacoin was after i unlocked and added my wallet addy I mined and when my thresh hold was reached I didn't receive coins. So I check and my wallet addy is no longer there. So I tried to manually withdraw and it did not work. So I changed my pin and re tried both to no avail.

"oh no! Fusionhash is thieving me!"

I have no clue what is wrong but I never had any issues with them on anon, murray, octo (so far). So I'm sure they will figure out and fix whatever it is.

I honestly think it's something to do with their implementation of unlocking with your pin and clicking the email link. If I remember correctly they did not do that when I mined anon or murray. That seems to be new and I'm assuming for security reasons so that people have to verify through email that it is them changing account information or withdrawing.

www.ptcrypto.com YOUR Bitcoin consultants!
BTC 13TQitBTzADXpYsDMRjDqFuGaw8m1JZ2YE
frameLAlife

Yessir.

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2014, 12:27:10 AM

Can't log in to cryptorush atm, waiting their maintenance to finish.. Sent some octo there, transfer stays 0/unconfirmed coz they took down octo wallet earlier, immediately after i transferred my octo so lets see what happens when cryptorush is up and working.. Undecided Anybody gone through same situation in this exchange?

Yeah I've had it with Murraycoin before on CrypoRush. It's typically maintenance. They have had quite a bit of downtime lately. I haven't even attempted to trade. I do have some sales already set for Octo but I haven't been able to log in and stay logged in.

Vote for mintpal!!!

They don't have near the issues that CR does. They do get some DDOS like CR but overall we need mintpal and cryptsy. CR is just too unreliable. I'm glad we are on there and I hope they get their issues sorted out because I've never really had issues besides what we've been seeing.

kcanup
Legendary

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 12:35:06 AM

Yeah I've had it with Murraycoin before on CrypoRush. It's typically maintenance. They have had quite a bit of downtime lately. I haven't even attempted to trade. I do have some sales already set for Octo but I haven't been able to log in and stay logged in.

Vote for mintpal!!!

They don't have near the issues that CR does. They do get some DDOS like CR but overall we need mintpal and cryptsy. CR is just too unreliable. I'm glad we are on there and I hope they get their issues sorted out because I've never really had issues besides what we've been seeing.

CR seems the only better exchange octo listed yet so i sent some coins there to trade earlier and it immediately went down haha. Without a doubt we need more reliable exchange, i will be voting on MINTPAL for sure.
kernels10

Activity: 408

ded

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 12:42:44 AM

I have been using fusionhash since the beginning, no problems with it...very good pool Smiley

Yeah, I've heard nothing but good things too. I imagine that one guy is either trolling, or locked himself out of his account. It'd take some real convincing for me to believe FH was stealing people's coins. Like my pool, they were another pool on board with the devs since before day 1. The thing that sets my pool apart from FusionHash is I strive to give the personal touch and to stay visible in the community and be as transparent as possible about the workings of my services. I believe that is the key to success, and even though I may not be rolling in big bucks, it's still rewarding to know everyone's happy.

I've got about 10,001 different things I'm working on, but the new Dune novel just dropped, and Saturday is my birthday, so I'm chilling this weekend. As always, though, I will be on top of things!
Being transparent is def a big plus. You seem like a good guy, I might transfer some hashes to your pool in a few days.

You're more than welcome, I appreciate all the hashes I can get!

It's almost 6AM, another all-nighter. Working on getting a Mac OS X VM set up for compiling stuff. Macports is exceedingly fussy about dependencies.

If you figure out the magic incantation to include all (not normally found on OS X) dependancies in an app bundle I'd love to know how you did it! I could not get anything to work properly Sad

And yes Everyone VOTE on Mintpal!!
frameLAlife

Yessir.

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2014, 12:43:37 AM

Vote for mintpal!!!

CR seems the only better exchange octo listed yet so i sent some coins there to trade earlier and it immediately went down haha. Without a doubt we need more reliable exchange, i will be voting on MINTPAL for sure.

Yeah hopefully the new servers will help CR. They have had so many issues lately... but it's more due to the DDOS attacks which they can only control so much. We'll see.

Cryptokk

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2014, 12:58:00 AM

http://www.cryptokk.com/gfx/votes/888.png

888 has been added to the new Cryptokk's vote list.

Votes are free ! You can vote 1 time, every 2 hours, per account.

http://www.cryptokk.com/?p=votes
CTRL+F (search) -> 888
edric

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 01:39:32 AM

Yeah I was surprised they haven't responded. I mean mine has been sitting there for a few days and I sent a second one today. I understand why that guy is frustrated. But I highly doubt they are stealing coins lol.

My issue on Megacoin was after i unlocked and added my wallet addy I mined and when my thresh hold was reached I didn't receive coins. So I check and my wallet addy is no longer there. So I tried to manually withdraw and it did not work. So I changed my pin and re tried both to no avail.

"oh no! Fusionhash is thieving me!"

I have no clue what is wrong but I never had any issues with them on anon, murray, octo (so far). So I'm sure they will figure out and fix whatever it is.

I honestly think it's something to do with their implementation of unlocking with your pin and clicking the email link. If I remember correctly they did not do that when I mined anon or murray. That seems to be new and I'm assuming for security reasons so that people have to verify through email that it is them changing account information or withdrawing.

There's several security options you can enable through MPOS, though some of them were problematic before. Haven't really tested out some of the more advanced features yet so I can't really say but something's gotta be pretty screwed up if reset pin isn't working. If I'm correct all it does is generates a temp password and hashes it with the master PW salt and attaches it to a link. It's possible they changed their salts at some point during testing and didn't start with a fresh DB before going live. That's the only thing I can think of as to why it's broken.

In the near future, there's going to be changes to my pool, including tighter account security. I will not tolerate people's accounts being compromised and since we're becoming a major source of 888 I would not want to be an easy target.

frameLAlife

Yessir.

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2014, 01:42:09 AM

You could also try bittrex.com and cryptoaltex.com. There's not as much volume but you can trade and the sites are nice.

edric

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 01:46:32 AM

I have been using fusionhash since the beginning, no problems with it...very good pool Smiley

Yeah, I've heard nothing but good things too. I imagine that one guy is either trolling, or locked himself out of his account. It'd take some real convincing for me to believe FH was stealing people's coins. Like my pool, they were another pool on board with the devs since before day 1. The thing that sets my pool apart from FusionHash is I strive to give the personal touch and to stay visible in the community and be as transparent as possible about the workings of my services. I believe that is the key to success, and even though I may not be rolling in big bucks, it's still rewarding to know everyone's happy.

I've got about 10,001 different things I'm working on, but the new Dune novel just dropped, and Saturday is my birthday, so I'm chilling this weekend. As always, though, I will be on top of things!
Being transparent is def a big plus. You seem like a good guy, I might transfer some hashes to your pool in a few days.

You're more than welcome, I appreciate all the hashes I can get!

It's almost 6AM, another all-nighter. Working on getting a Mac OS X VM set up for compiling stuff. Macports is exceedingly fussy about dependencies.

If you figure out the magic incantation to include all (not normally found on OS X) dependancies in an app bundle I'd love to know how you did it! I could not get anything to work properly Sad

And yes Everyone VOTE on Mintpal!!
Heh, I'll see what I can do. I used to be a big Mac fanboy but OS X is quickly becoming my most unfavorite OS of all time. For being based on BSD it certainly is an idiot stepchild of an OS. Macports is definitely useful, but half of everything I try to install with it I end up having to do manually or with some kind of magical workaround. And workarounds for workarounds. It's frustrating and infuriating, especially on a slow VM. I started compiling Boost about 5-something AM, it just finished (8:45PM). Now we get to find out what sort of ritual sacrifice is necessary to install QT.

Radi777

Activity: 400

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 01:50:24 AM

Why octo wallet is offline in cryptorush? I just sent some coins there but suddenly their wallet is offline now, any idea whats happening?
I was just wondering the same thing. There are no announcements on the cryptorush homepage either. They used to be one of my favorite exchanges, but now they just keep getting worse by the day. I PMed the guy that has cryptorush about the cryptorush shares, because my bitcoins didn't come through after the week passed and he didn't respond, then I wrote him again, no answer which is rude. BTW that whole cryptorush shares makes me angry too, it's like a scam of its own, i invested .22btc and thought of doing 1btc and i am glad I didn't,because to return my investment of 0.22btc with the weekly payouts it would take me 3/4 years, and now I can't even sell my cryptorush shares because I will get less than half what I paid...so yea, they collected everybodys BTC and by the time people make back what they invested cryptorush might not even be there anymore lol

When I first heard about shares I myself was a bit skeptical about it. Sounds a little ponzi-esque to me, but yeah, the devil is in the small details and fine print. I hope you make back your investment. As for wallet issues, I noticed that too, and sometimes have trouble getting sync when I fire up my personal wallet. Now that the network is getting stronger again, maybe things will be a bit better.

My pool is running pretty good, steadily finding blocks at a pretty brisk pace. For now, fees are at 0.8% and 1.25% of that goes to the finder of every block (1), so now's a good time to jump in and mine with us!

True that, I stay away from shares or coins started by exchanges, no matter how much I use them. I didn't buy into mcxnow, cryptorush or any of that bs. It's just too much of a risk in my opinion.
Thanks guys! Yea I usually don't do stuff like that, but for some reason I liekd cryptorush and got naive LOL oh well.

█████████████████     ████████
       ████████              ████████
     ████████     ███████  ████████     ████████
    ████████     █████████████████     ████████
████████     ████████  ███████     ████████
          ████████     █████████████████
▄▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██     
██
██
▬▬ THE LARGEST & MOST TRUSTED ▬▬
.BITCOIN SPORTSBOOK
   ▄▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██     
██
██
             ▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▄
     ▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀        ▀▄▄▄▄           
▄▀▀▀▀                 █   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
█                    ▀▄          █
 █   ▀▌     ██▄        █          █         
 ▀▄        ▐████▄       █        █
  █        ███████▄     ▀▄       █
   █      ▐████▄█████████████████████▄
   ▀▄     ███████▀                  ▀██
    █      ▀█████    ▄▄        ▄▄    ██
     █       ▀███   ████      ████   ██
     ▀▄        ██    ▀▀        ▀▀    ██
      █        ██        ▄██▄        ██
       █       ██        ▀██▀        ██
       ▀▄      ██    ▄▄        ▄▄    ██
        █      ██   ████      ████   ██
         █▄▄▄▄▀██    ▀▀        ▀▀    ██
               ██▄                  ▄██
                ▀████████████████████▀

CASINO    DICE    POKER   
     ▬▬  24 hour Customer Support  ▬▬   
frameLAlife

Yessir.

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2014, 01:51:13 AM

so i've been thinking a lot about the devs recent post where he was speaking about gaming/gambling. i wonder if they are considering making Octocoin the official crypto of the site, even over BTC or LTC. i also wonder if any gambling website would even consider having an exchange on their gambling website to trade for the coin.

i mean having the ability to purchase crypto as your currency to gamble with is nice and all but if the user has to buy bitcoin, go to an exchange and trade for octo, then send to the gambling website that would put an average non crypto user off i would think. but if the gambling site has a built in exchange to trade currency for Octo then that ease would streamline the process.

if they did do it that way and there was a fiat currency/888 pairings would miners and traders even want to trade there? if there was no conversion to btc or ltc how would you retrieve your money? besides coinbase i do no fiat currency deposit or withdrawls. At this point it's just too risky.

i'm anxious to see what angle Octo has in this instance.

besides that the only service they've let slip is the crowd funding. i'm excited to see how they plan to implement that as well.

edric

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 03:39:17 AM

so i've been thinking a lot about the devs recent post where he was speaking about gaming/gambling. i wonder if they are considering making Octocoin the official crypto of the site, even over BTC or LTC. i also wonder if any gambling website would even consider having an exchange on their gambling website to trade for the coin.

i mean having the ability to purchase crypto as your currency to gamble with is nice and all but if the user has to buy bitcoin, go to an exchange and trade for octo, then send to the gambling website that would put an average non crypto user off i would think. but if the gambling site has a built in exchange to trade currency for Octo then that ease would streamline the process.

if they did do it that way and there was a fiat currency/888 pairings would miners and traders even want to trade there? if there was no conversion to btc or ltc how would you retrieve your money? besides coinbase i do no fiat currency deposit or withdrawls. At this point it's just too risky.

i'm anxious to see what angle Octo has in this instance.

besides that the only service they've let slip is the crowd funding. i'm excited to see how they plan to implement that as well.

Yeah, I've been wondering the same thing. Like you said, having to buy BTC and convert it to 888 and all that would be burdensome and definitely put off the novice user, but there needs to be some convenient way of cashing out, so to speak. I would think there'd be some feature to convert 888 to fiat currency, in order to make it a viable service, and if so, could potentially be wildly popular. I'm excited to see how this plays out.

Meanwhile, now I've had a user report that he wasn't able to reset his password on my pool, but I've verified that password reset email is working and the link is functioning so my advice is check your spam folder for email from my pool!

edric

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 04:57:19 AM

I think the deal is that password reset doesn't do anything if your account has been locked. Not sure. I'll test more later on.

Zulandio

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 09:36:24 AM

First off people DO NOT USE CRYPTO RUSH. Seriously they are liars and they are insolvent. They lied to everyone for 2 weeks about having low BTC and LTC reserves due to being hacked. now they claim they are going to be under new ownership and tey new owners are just going to refund everyone the 800 BTC however many LTC and 1.2 mill BC that were lost on the exchange. Who in their right mind would do that? That's enough money to open a half dozen exchanges. Sounds fishy to me. Yet the old owners are still in IRC and talk like they are running the site.. Oh and however many Zeit they lost. Their site is extremely insecure and if you use them you risk losing your money. I have .4 BTC which is a lot for me that is likely lost now with them. Be warned of them..

And I have unlocked my account with the auto lock unlock email. And then tried to  PW reset and still nothing. I don't care if you trust them or not. This is completely unacceptable behavior and could be purposefully ignored for many reasons. I don't and never will trust them again even if I do get my coins out. Which I'm not banking on happening at this point.
Stonerboy

Activity: 344

ALL IN!

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 10:02:35 AM

First off people DO NOT USE CRYPTO RUSH. Seriously they are liars and they are insolvent. They lied to everyone for 2 weeks about having low BTC and LTC reserves due to being hacked. now they claim they are going to be under new ownership and tey new owners are just going to refund everyone the 800 BTC however many LTC and 1.2 mill BC that were lost on the exchange. Who in their right mind would do that? That's enough money to open a half dozen exchanges. Sounds fishy to me. Yet the old owners are still in IRC and talk like they are running the site.. Oh and however many Zeit they lost. Their site is extremely insecure and if you use them you risk losing your money. I have .4 BTC which is a lot for me that is likely lost now with them. Be warned of them..

And I have unlocked my account with the auto lock unlock email. And then tried to  PW reset and still nothing. I don't care if you trust them or not. This is completely unacceptable behavior and could be purposefully ignored for many reasons. I don't and never will trust them again even if I do get my coins out. Which I'm not banking on happening at this point.

Yes, i also don't put my fingers on cryptorush anymore.
I'm glad i could sell of my shares for around 1700 and got my money out of them.
If you can't withdraw your BTC, just buy Doge or whatever and withdraw them.

So we should looking forward to be traded on mint fast, so vote my friends  Wink
vizique
Legendary

Activity: 2404
Merit: 1636

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 11:04:00 AM

I wouldnt recommend Cryptorush exchange.

Theyve been hacked recently.

I warned you all the other day.....

I strongly recommend you ALL stay away from this place, it is NOT to be trusted.
I have been part of the Blackcoin community and it all started with an alleged Blackcoin wallet failure that in teh end highlighted the fact that they had been hacked WEEKS before.

If you have ANY funds there, get them out. If its in BTC then exchange that for an Alt and get that out as there is no BTC left.
kcanup
Legendary

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 11:28:06 AM

Ok guys i still got a problem here  Grin

Those coins i sent to cryptorush last night didnt arrive yet, as it shows 0/Unconfirmed still so my transaction was not redeemed at their end and blockchain shows it as raw transaction.. How can i get my coins back to my wallet now or they are gone from me forever? Huh
frameLAlife

Yessir.

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2014, 12:39:55 PM

i've traded some at CR. it's the only exchange with any real volume. i have had so many issues with even just logging in lately that i haven't even thought about trading. i mean 4000 octo on there would only be a few cents to dollars if i lost it. but if octo ever hit a dollar i'd look back and say i lost 4000 dollars. for now i pulled my octo off of CR. it's just too risky with all the new surrounding their exchange. i personally haven't had any major issues there or had any coins lost or stolen. and back when murraycoin first launched there i used them with zero issues. here lately with all the DDOS and the BC and ZEIT issues it just seems like red flags.

still, i'm glad octo made it to CR. if they weren't on CR they wouldn't even be listed on coinmarketcap. they would only be on the super small beta exchanges and the price would be listed as  .00000302 btc and people would be yelling and crying and calling octo a failure and a scam. at least CR has some volume and eyeballs and has kept the price between .000005 and .000007 for now.

i had to move all my coins off of CR for now. i'm waiting for mintpal, cryptsy or whatever crazy exchanges related to the gaming/gambling site they may or may not announce. i personally hope the devs find a way to have an exchange built into a gambling site so that 888 can be bought and sold directly to the gambler from the miners/sellers. if octo was the "chips" or "tokens" used to gamble and we could sell directly to them and cash out or transfer out. i'm not saying that's what they have in mind but i just think it's an idea that sooner or later will happen when crypto becomes heavily used on legit gambling sites. the only thing is how to cash out in fiat or they would still have to have BTC on hand to exchange for BTC to withdraw. we'll see. if they are just using octo as another currency to gamble with online i don't think the average person will want to buy bitcoin, go to an exchange and trade for octo and transfer octo to the gambling website just to use there.

for now you have cryptoaltex.com, bittrex.com, prelude.io.

remember to vote for mintpal.com and i have no idea if there is even a request for cryptsy yet. also, there is no voting there but i trade at poloniex.com. many people won't want to trade there because they lost some btc due to a hack. but i email their support and ask them to list octo. i don't keep very high amounts on the exchange due to the btc hack but they have a troll box chat which is entertaining and at least their site runs well and you can log in unlike CR.

Pages: « 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 ... 216 »
  Print  

Jump to: