Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 01:04:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 [89] 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 ... 222 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ANTMINER S2 Discussion and Support Thread  (Read 355605 times)
ZiG

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 07:50:53 PM

Bitmain - we have had a great relationship for the past few months.  Sadly, it looks like it's ending.
You are no longer competitive given the S2's fragility and high price.  There are better options that are built more solidly and don't cost as much.
But I'll keep watching.  Hopefully you come to market with a product as great as the S1's were for their time.

+1
+1000

You are going to loose a lot of customers if you keep this up.

+100 BTC...just kidding...second this though...

SP10 is $3000 + shipping...for 1.4T...
A1 Clones...Dragon...and siblings...1TH... are @2300 + shipping...

Far away from $3,199...IMHO...
googlemaster1

Activity: 280

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 07:57:32 PM

But don't forget that in the last half of 2013 and today, this is the ONLY company that delivered on ALL of its promises WITHOUT doing bullshit 3-5 month long preorders.  Don't be so quick to throw them overboard before people were BEGGING for batch three and it came up a little overpriced and it was a little bit of a mess engineering-wise.  Yeah, we all had at least minor problems with our S2's, but mine has been hashing since day 1 with only 1 small interruption which I was able to resolve in an hour with the help of the forum members.

Does their customer service suck?  Yes.
Is their response time bad?  Sometimes.
Is their hardware a little glitchy?  Maybe. Sure.

But then again, compared to what?

If you find me one ASIC company that delivers in the same way bitmain does, I sure as hell would like to know.  I was expecting a batch 3 at perhaps 2899 or something slightly less, but you know what?  People were begging for S2 batch 3's, and now they got them.  Bitmain did really well at pricing to both be fair to existing customers, and to those who know Bitmain's reliability in shippong on time.  Not only that, looks like they upped the PSU a bit, and probably are sending out better MicroSD cards than the previous models so customers won't experience many of the same headaches.

So, as a Batch 2 owner, am I going to buy a batch 3?  No, the price isn't right for me, but their batches are small enough, that some people will, and ASIC companies gotta make money too Tongue

I don't think you've stumbled upon Spondoolies Tech company and SP10 miner. They have already delivered units before their announced shipping date, have the greatest customer service (also a dedicated person for the fw issues and requests) and have the lowest W/GH.

P.S. Yes trolls this is advertising for the best company out there and i will do it even after the Group Buy ends.

Haha RoadStress you must not remember me.  I forget to mention Spondooodaloodaroodle.  I was the one you offered your "deal" to.  I still want to take it kinda, but I'm so allergic to preorders Sad

BTC: 15565dcUp4LEWe6KYT7tawMHFRL4cBbFGN
googlemaster1

Activity: 280

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 07:59:09 PM

Bitmain - we have had a great relationship for the past few months.  Sadly, it looks like it's ending.
You are no longer competitive given the S2's fragility and high price.  There are better options that are built more solidly and don't cost as much.
But I'll keep watching.  Hopefully you come to market with a product as great as the S1's were for their time.

+1
+1000

Where do you see an SP10 that ships this month for $3000?

BTC: 15565dcUp4LEWe6KYT7tawMHFRL4cBbFGN
ChuckBuck

Activity: 1372
Merit: 783

better everyday ♥

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2014, 07:59:53 PM

Bitmain - we have had a great relationship for the past few months.  Sadly, it looks like it's ending.
You are no longer competitive given the S2's fragility and high price.  There are better options that are built more solidly and don't cost as much.
But I'll keep watching.  Hopefully you come to market with a product as great as the S1's were for their time.

+1
+1000

Exactly, there's something wrong with their pricing model.  If they're basing it on their competitors, they're not even in the ball park.

If they're basing on they're past success, you can see many Batch 1 and 2 buyers having some buyer's remorse, and some balking at the Batch 3 "price slash".

In reality if the S1 is 200 GH/s @$400 or .831 BTC, the S2 should be roughly $2000 or 4.155 BTC.  I know I know, lower electrical output usage blah blah....It's the same damn chips as the S1 undervolted and underclocked!

Looking back, it really is crazy that Batch 1 and 2 sold out like gangbusters at that pricepoint $3599.  But hey they've dropped the price for Batch 3 to $3199 and $100 coupon for repeat customers.  Success!

CharityAuction
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
   ▄███▀▀   ▄▄████████▄▄   ▀▀███▄
  ████▀   ████▀██████████    ▀███▄
 ████   ▄███▀▄  ▀    ██████   ▀███▄
▄███   ████▄    ▄█▄  ▀██████    ███▄
████  ▄███▀     ▀█▀      ▀███▄  ████
████  ████▄▄█▄      ▄█▄   ████  ████
████  ▀████████▄   ███▀  ▄███▀  ████
▀███   █████████▄   ▀   ▀████   ███▀
 ████   ▀████████   ▄ ▀▄▄██    ████
  ████▄   ███████▄▄██▄▄███   ▄████
   ▀███▄▄   ▀▀████████▀▀   ▄▄███▀
     ▀████▄▄            ▄▄████▀
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
ColdScam
ChuckBuck

Activity: 1372
Merit: 783

better everyday ♥

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2014, 08:01:25 PM

+1
+1000

I think he means the June SP10 for $3495:

http://www.spondoolies-tech.com/products/sp10-dawson-june-batch

CharityAuction
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
ColdScam
navigator

Activity: 362

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 08:01:48 PM

I want an S2 but the price just isn't right.
I can get 6 S1's and 4 CX750's and still have money left over with 1200gh vs an S2.
Since my power is cheap, an S2 would only save me $60/month over 5 S1's.
wpgdeez

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 08:02:04 PM

+1
+1000

If you look at s1 and s2 thread its stagnation for them. s1 thread is dead. People realise that asics are way overpriced.

I try to see it from the other side...

Btc is underpriced...

0.831Btc is 404$. About 100$ shipping because it's heavy. I'ts 304$ for the machine. They pay for costs in fiat not btc.

Think again the situation with 1000$ btc price...

Hope know what I mean

So buy the BTC then and save the wasted $100 used for shipping and no electricity or setup costs. I love mining but at these prices its just not worth the effort.
ZiG

Activity: 406

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 08:04:09 PM

Bitmain - we have had a great relationship for the past few months.  Sadly, it looks like it's ending.
You are no longer competitive given the S2's fragility and high price.  There are better options that are built more solidly and don't cost as much.
But I'll keep watching.  Hopefully you come to market with a product as great as the S1's were for their time.

+1
+1000

Call them ...e-mail them...ask them...SP-Tech...research...and you will find... Wink

RoadStress could help too...

EDIT...: MAY delivery...
DevonMiner

Activity: 471

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 08:09:43 PM

Too true, loved the S1, bought loads and they ... well ... just work (as did the price when I bought them).

I was excited when the S2 was announced, but as a rule I don't buy version 1 of anything before seeing some feedback on it. Missed out on batch 2, but my money has now been spent elsewhere on ASICs.

TOO many horror stories I'm afraid, and I don't have the time to baby sit my miners. Price also comes into the equation of course, and right now a lot is happening ... tides are turning ... different offerings are available ...

ElGabo

Activity: 635

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 08:18:23 PM

+1
+1000

If you look at s1 and s2 thread its stagnation for them. s1 thread is dead. People realise that asics are way overpriced.

I try to see it from the other side...

Btc is underpriced...

0.831Btc is 404$. About 100$ shipping because it's heavy. I'ts 304$ for the machine. They pay for costs in fiat not btc.

Think again the situation with 1000$ btc price...

Hope know what I mean

So buy the BTC then and save the wasted $100 used for shipping and no electricity or setup costs. I love mining but at these prices its just not worth the effort.

They can't go much lower because under this price is nuts...

S2 is overpriced for sure.

This time better buy BTC then buy asics priced in fiat.

And my small secret what I do. I'm just collecting the Btc now, wait until Btc price is fine, then buy a shitload of asics priced in fiat for nuts....

" I'm waiting for my punishment, I know it's on my way
  So cut, cut, cut me up and fuck, fuck, fuck me up"
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 08:24:11 PM

+1
+1000

Call them ...e-mail them...ask them...SP-Tech...research...and you will find... Wink

RoadStress could help too...

EDIT...: MAY delivery...

May delivery is 8000 for two units. 7200 if you can get a 10% discount as a previous ASIC buyer. The 3000 group buy price is only if the group buy gets above 700 units. It's not even at 300 yet, but it could still happen.

RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 08:37:00 PM

Haha RoadStress you must not remember me.  I forget to mention Spondooodaloodaroodle.  I was the one you offered your "deal" to.  I still want to take it kinda, but I'm so allergic to preorders Sad

Sorry about that! Offer still stands though Smiley

In my Group Buy: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=575499.msg6278748#msg6278748

@smooth Still 7 days left. I still don't understand people who think that diff will up forever with 20% considering the amount of miners that are being sold right now...

klondike_bar
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005

ASIC Wannabe

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 09:03:46 PM

could you please post a code for overclocking? I havent seen the method laid out clearly and simply yet.

Code:
code window

I think the voltage of the regulators is the issue, rather than power or temperature.  I have a pencil and a 2000W PSU ready, and am hoping to spend some time with my device tomorrow to see how easily the regulators can all be pencil-modded. 40 resistors total that will need to be modified if you want to get the frequency any better than 225

I have not done any pencil mod on the resistors only adjusting the asic-freq

Code:
ssh root@(your miner) - pass = admin
vi /config/asic-freq.config

#option 'freq_value'    '0881'  #225M
#option 'chip_freq'     '225'
#option 'timeout'       '45'  <--- I have changed this from 50 - 40

option 'freq_value'    '0781'  #200M
option 'chip_freq'     '200'
option 'timeout'       '40'

presumably the timeout should decrease as frequency is bumped up. I would assume 42-44 would be a good zone to try at 225 and even at 200.

after the above edits to the file, how do i implement it? Do i have to restart cgminer, use the reboot command, or actually switch off the PSU and switch back on (after a few second delay)?

I am all set to install the 2000W supply tomorrow - and will try overclocking moderately when I do. Does anyone know if there is a hex code that provides a frequency around 215-220MHz?

At my machine for stock clock, the stock timeout is 40.

After you edited the config file and saved it, just go to miner configuration and psu save and apply. It restarts cgminer with the new settings. For me his is the best working way.

If I always switch on-off the miner sometimes it brick or reset back to default.

In hex codes I would be interested too. I've tried to figure out some but had no success....

This brings me to my bigger issue: I cannot seem to remotely access the web UI for the miner.  Remote use of PUTTY works fine and I had to use that when modifying the pool info.  But when i go to 192.168.1.99 i get a login page where root/admin and root/root do not work - eventually dumping me with a 401 error. The login window is identified as the antminer machine so is the correct ip address.

I can forgo the webUI since my pool sees a constant 990GH, but it means I cannot do the simple save-and-apply method. I need a SSH-based method to apply the change, either via 'reboot' or some start-cg/stop-cg commqnds

24" PCI-E cables with 16AWG wires and stripped ends - great for server PSU mods, best prices https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=563461
No longer a wannabe - now an ASIC owner!
freebit13

Activity: 616

I got Satoshi's avatar!

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 09:33:42 PM

This brings me to my bigger issue: I cannot seem to remotely access the web UI for the miner.  Remote use of PUTTY works fine and I had to use that when modifying the pool info.  But when i go to 192.168.1.99 i get a login page where root/admin and root/root do not work - eventually dumping me with a 401 error. The login window is identified as the antminer machine so is the correct ip address.

I can forgo the webUI since my pool sees a constant 990GH, but it means I cannot do the simple save-and-apply method. I need a SSH-based method to apply the change, either via 'reboot' or some start-cg/stop-cg commqnds
I've had that problem, it's probably because you are accessing a cached page from an old S1 which has the address "http://192.168.1.99/cgi-bin/luci" as opposed to "http://192.168.1.99/index.html". Try using the second link to access the gui page or clear the cache with ctrl+F5.

Decentralize EVERYTHING!
BirdCoinV2

Activity: 185
Merit: 100

★YoBit.Net★ 100+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 10:00:42 PM

Nice to see a product that's actually shipping  Grin

Zelek Uther

Activity: 700
Merit: 504

Run a Bitcoin node.

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 10:35:57 PM

Just to report in that my batch 2 S2 has been running flawlessly at 1TH/s for 5 days now.

Run a Bitcoin node, support the network.
xstr8guy

Activity: 784
Merit: 1004

Glow Stick Dance!

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 10:50:34 PM

Just to report in that my batch 2 S2 has been running flawlessly at 1TH/s for 5 days now.

Me too. It appears that we're in the minority though.
Biffa
Legendary

Activity: 3220
Merit: 1220

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 11:04:19 PM

Me too. It appears that we're in the minority though.

One running for 24 hours solid so far.

Mine @ pools that pay Tx fees & don't mine empty blocks :: kanopool :: ckpool ::
Should bitmain create LPM for all models?
:: Dalcore's Crypto Mining H/W Hosting Directory & Reputation ::
jelin1984
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1004

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 11:20:55 PM

Mine is not stable
Hashing between 900 to 1000!gh
Why?
Biffa
Legendary

Activity: 3220
Merit: 1220

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 11:24:25 PM

Mine is not stable
Hashing between 900 to 1000!gh
Why?

Whats your average?

Mine @ pools that pay Tx fees & don't mine empty blocks :: kanopool :: ckpool ::
Should bitmain create LPM for all models?
:: Dalcore's Crypto Mining H/W Hosting Directory & Reputation ::
Pages: « 1 ... 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 [89] 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 ... 222 »
  Print  

Jump to: