Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 11:18:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 [98] 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 ... 1030 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ODI cricket and general cricketing discussion [self - mod]  (Read 135936 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Haunebu

Activity: 3038
Merit: 969

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
June 14, 2020, 06:55:26 AM

There is bad news on the cricket field. Former Pakistan captain and all-rounder Shahid Afridi has contracted the corona virus. I have seen how he has helped poor people in the corona situation.
This sucks. He is easily one of my favorite Pakistan Cricketers. Observed many popular Cricketers offering their prayers towards him. I hope he recovers asap.

In India and Pakistan, the peak may occur at sometime in July or August and that means that there will be very little cricket activity (both domestic and international) for the rest of this year.
All these predictions are just based on assumptions and nothing else. No one knows exactly when the cases will peak or anything. No one expected India to become the 4th worst hit country, but here we are.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
UmerIdrees

Activity: 2226
Merit: 834

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2020, 07:40:49 AM

There is bad news on the cricket field. Former Pakistan captain and all-rounder Shahid Afridi has contracted the corona virus. I have seen how he has helped poor people in the corona situation. I am really pleased to see his generosity. I am shocked to hear this news today. We pray that God will heal him.

This is really sad and I hope he recovers quickly. He was one of our best cricketer and legend. Whole nations prayers are with him.
Former Pakistan captain Shahid Afridi tests positive for coronavirus

JohnBitCo

Activity: 2030
Merit: 356

View Profile
June 14, 2020, 09:32:12 AM

There is bad news on the cricket field. Former Pakistan captain and all-rounder Shahid Afridi has contracted the corona virus. I have seen how he has helped poor people in the corona situation. I am really pleased to see his generosity. I am shocked to hear this news today. We pray that God will heal him.

Many famous personalities around the world are test positive for covid-19 and now we are hearing news that cricketers are also being effected by it.
All them of them take good precautionary measures but still they cant keep themselves safe from coronavirus. This is how dangerous it is.
Vishnu.Reang

Activity: 1974
Merit: 453

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2020, 01:27:40 PM

This is really sad and I hope he recovers quickly. He was one of our best cricketer and legend. Whole nations prayers are with him.
Former Pakistan captain Shahid Afridi tests positive for coronavirus

OK. Shahid Afridi is the first international cricketer to get infected by COVID 19. But he won't be the last. Considering the rate at which the virus is spreading in South Asia (perhaps with the exception of Sri Lanka), I expect dozens of players to get infected. Won't be that surprised even if some of the current players get the disease. In India/Pakistan/Bangladesh, the situation is very gloomy right now. 
7788bitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1023

View Profile
June 14, 2020, 02:22:05 PM

~
OK. Shahid Afridi is the first international cricketer to get infected by COVID 19. But he won't be the last. Considering the rate at which the virus is spreading in South Asia (perhaps with the exception of Sri Lanka), I expect dozens of players to get infected. Won't be that surprised even if some of the current players get the disease. In India/Pakistan/Bangladesh, the situation is very gloomy right now. 
No idea how Shahid Afridi  contacted the virus, but if you are not exposing yourself to the virus then there is no way you will get positive. As long as you are not going in crowded area and taking care of yourself then no one is going to get the virus. The situation is worst among the poor population i assume as the rich always are protected from the virus if they are staying inside or not exposing them to a crowded area.
Vishnu.Reang

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2020, 04:19:54 PM

~
No idea how Shahid Afridi  contacted the virus, but if you are not exposing yourself to the virus then there is no way you will get positive. As long as you are not going in crowded area and taking care of yourself then no one is going to get the virus. The situation is worst among the poor population i assume as the rich always are protected from the virus if they are staying inside or not exposing them to a crowded area.

Someone already posted here that he was involved in relief operations. A number of cricketers are undertaking such operations, and from Pakistan I have also heard about the efforts by Danish Kaneria. And there is no guarantee that if someone is a celebrity then he'll be safe from COVID 19. Here in India, celebrities such as Kanika Kapoor and Bejan Daruwalla fell victim to the pandemic recently.
Haunebu

Activity: 3038
Merit: 969

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
June 14, 2020, 07:48:40 PM

No idea how Shahid Afridi  contacted the virus, but if you are not exposing yourself to the virus then there is no way you will get positive. As long as you are not going in crowded area and taking care of yourself then no one is going to get the virus.
If it was that simple, the numbers would have been way lower in comparison to what they are now. The biggest issue with Corona is that the patient can be asymptomatic  due to which he/she would unintentionally spread it to others.

Community transmission is another major issue. This is why social distancing is not always effective. Afridi exposed himself during the relief efforts and contracted the virus.

███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
7788bitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1023

View Profile
June 14, 2020, 08:39:01 PM

~
Someone already posted here that he was involved in relief operations. A number of cricketers are undertaking such operations, and from Pakistan I have also heard about the efforts by Danish Kaneria. And there is no guarantee that if someone is a celebrity then he'll be safe from COVID 19. Here in India, celebrities such as Kanika Kapoor and Bejan Daruwalla fell victim to the pandemic recently.
Oh i forgot that, they are going full political. The virus does not know whether you are a celebrity or a politician if you are exposed to it and if you are not healthy then you will be leaving this world for good. Hope everyone recovers and lets see the normal situation in the next few months as this is taking a big toll on everyone.

~
If it was that simple, the numbers would have been way lower in comparison to what they are now. The biggest issue with Corona is that the patient can be asymptomatic  due to which he/she would unintentionally spread it to others.
It is simple you only need to stay away from the infected and the only way is to stay at home rather than getting paranoid and if you want to risk that then you need to anticipate that the virus is waiting for you to get back home.

Despite saying that i had my limit with all these bullshit and i had a party a few days back and i am seriously afraid whether i am infected as i am not feeling good for the past few days. The paranoia is killing me.
eaLiTy

Activity: 2814
Merit: 911

Have Fun )@@( Stay Safe

View Profile
June 14, 2020, 09:12:09 PM

~
Community transmission is another major issue. This is why social distancing is not always effective. Afridi exposed himself during the relief efforts and contracted the virus.
The idea about social distancing is to stay away from the crowd and anyone who is doing social work exposing themselves and the hospital staffs are more prone to the virus because they are breaking the social distancing norms. The virus is not airborne like we thought in the initial phase but it might travel for a few meters and if you are really taking the social distancing seriously then you wont get infected.

~
Despite saying that i had my limit with all these bullshit and i had a party a few days back and i am seriously afraid whether i am infected as i am not feeling good for the past few days. The paranoia is killing me.
Take care and i understand people are depressed and wanted everything back to normal, not sure where you are from and what is the situation in your area and hopefully you are doing good, if you feel you are infected go for a detailed swab test rather than being paranoid.
ene1980

Activity: 2002
Merit: 535

View Profile
June 14, 2020, 09:42:02 PM

~
Shahid Afridi is a retired player and so is the reason he is involved in charity work and so is the reason he got corona positive and it is really unfortunate, if you look at all the international players they are taking rest and healing their body and spending their time with their family and hence i do not see any player getting exposed to the virus.
Vishnu.Reang

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2020, 04:40:54 PM

~
Shahid Afridi is a retired player and so is the reason he is involved in charity work and so is the reason he got corona positive and it is really unfortunate, if you look at all the international players they are taking rest and healing their body and spending their time with their family and hence i do not see any player getting exposed to the virus.

Well.. that may be true. The active players are unlikely to venture out, and therefore the chances are going to be very small. At this point, I would blame Afridi for his carelessness. There was no need for him to travel to the affected areas. He could have simply donated the money and asked the volunteers to do the relief work. If he gets infected, then the entire operation may get impacted negatively.
ene1980

View Profile
June 15, 2020, 10:17:15 PM

~
Well.. that may be true. The active players are unlikely to venture out, and therefore the chances are going to be very small. At this point, I would blame Afridi for his carelessness. There was no need for him to travel to the affected areas. He could have simply donated the money and asked the volunteers to do the relief work. If he gets infected, then the entire operation may get impacted negatively.
Lets say that everyone who had contact with the virus was not venturing out to get the virus, if Afridi was doing charity work during a pandemic it is a noble cause to help out the poor and you cannot blame or label anyone just because they got infected. The idea of being a master and asking the salves (volunteers) to do the work is a bit hypocritical. The people who are on the front line, be it medical workers or charity workers they are doing a difficult job at this period and you need to appreciate the risk they are taking.
Vishnu.Reang

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2020, 06:07:04 PM

^^^ Perhaps you got me wrong. I was just saying that the continued presence of Afridi was required for the relief operations. He could attract media attention and funding. So that's why I was saying that he should have asked the volunteers to do the field work rather than putting himself at risk. Anyway.. I just hope that he will recover quickly.
ene1980

View Profile
June 16, 2020, 08:01:24 PM

^^^ Perhaps you got me wrong. I was just saying that the continued presence of Afridi was required for the relief operations. He could attract media attention and funding. So that's why I was saying that he should have asked the volunteers to do the field work rather than putting himself at risk. Anyway.. I just hope that he will recover quickly.
I have no idea what kind of charity work and exposure he is trying to get with his actions, he might not be looking for media attention for his charity work and he wanted to genuinely help people rather than having a team helping him out just for the sake of advertisement and so is the reason he went down in the field and helped people. I hope he recovers well and the corona virus is not a killer for healthy people and with the way Afridi looks he is healthy and doing good.
Vishnu.Reang

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2020, 01:37:59 PM

^^^^

Once again you misinterpreted me. I wasn't saying that Afridi was media hungry or attention hungry. I was saying that his presence made sure that the relief operation undertaken by his teem got the needed media attention, and thereby donations from the public. If he is not there, then the relief operation may not get that much coverage from the Pakistani media.

Don't want to divert from the topic too much. The latest news from the ODI format is that Ireland is in talks with the England & Wales Cricket Board (ECB) for a series of 3 ODIs in late July.

https://www.rte.ie/sport/cricket/2020/0608/1146142-cricketers-resume-training-as-july-odi-talks-continue/
Indymoney

Activity: 896
Merit: 236

View Profile
June 17, 2020, 09:01:25 PM

I have no idea what kind of charity work and exposure he is trying to get with his actions, he might not be looking for media attention for his charity work and he wanted to genuinely help people rather than having a team helping him out just for the sake of advertisement and so is the reason he went down in the field and helped people. I hope he recovers well and the corona virus is not a killer for healthy people and with the way Afridi looks he is healthy and doing good.
Yes you are right in last few months he was too much envolve in few charity works as Corona is badly hitting in rural areas and he was also from rural areal so he was doing very good work for local and very poor community of this area during this work he was going door to door and on many other ways so just beause of this he also face this problem but now hopefully he will be ok and start his journey again in near future.
ene1980

View Profile
June 17, 2020, 09:50:44 PM

~
Once again you misinterpreted me. I wasn't saying that Afridi was media hungry or attention hungry. I was saying that his presence made sure that the relief operation undertaken by his teem got the needed media attention, and thereby donations from the public. If he is not there, then the relief operation may not get that much coverage from the Pakistani media.
May be we are on the same page on a small aspect, you were blaming Afridi for his carelessness when he was doing something generous for his community. There are people who like to play the boss and ask others to do the activities and when i heard that Afridi was doing it personally it is not a small feat. Hope he recovers well as he is a healthy athlete even though he is retired and unless you have a history of diseases you are fine.

I would blame Afridi for his carelessness. There was no need for him to travel to the affected areas. He could have simply donated the money and asked the volunteers to do the relief work. If he gets infected, then the entire operation may get impacted negatively.

Vishnu.Reang

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2020, 01:25:53 PM

Today there was a statement from Justin Langer (coach of the Australian team). According to him, there is a possibility that Australia may tour England for an ODI series. He has hinted that this tour may happen during the first half of September. If confirmed, this series will replace the Australia's cancelled tour (3 T20Is and 3 ODIs). Just to add, as of now, information is available only for the ODIs. Langer hasn't mentioned anything about the T20I matches.
JSRAW
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1536

View Profile
June 18, 2020, 02:20:27 PM

Lol, look at that! Sri Lankan former sport minister Mahindananda Aluthgamage smoking some fine weed nowadays. He's basically blaming sri lankan team that they fixed the match.

‘We sold the World Cup final to India’: Sri Lankan minister’s huge match-fixing accusation
“I tell you today that we sold the 2011 World Cup finals,” Aluthgamage told Sirasa TV. “Even when I was sports minister I believed this.” Aluthgamage, sports minister from 2010 to 2015 and now state minister for renewable energy and power, said he “did not want to disclose” the plot at the time.

“In 2011, we were to win, but we sold the match. I feel I can talk about it now. I am not connecting players, but some sections were involved,” he said.

https://twitter.com/FoxCricket/status/1273563706580856833

OFFICIAL
PARTNERS
2022/23
    █ ▄█       ▄▀ ▄▀▀
  █▐▌▌▌▌      ▄▀ █▀▄▀
  ▀█▄▀▌▀▄    ▌█▄███▀
  ▀█▀█▄▀ ▀▄▄▐██▀▄█
    ▀▄███▄▄▀▄▀▌▐▀
  ▄  ▄▀▀█▄▄▀▄▀▄█
   ▀▀████▄▄▀ ▄▄▄▀▄
 ▄
  ▀▀▀▄▀▀▄█▄█▀ █▀    ▄
▐█▌
       █▄█▄       ▐█▌
▐█▌██▄ ▄▄
▄██▄▄▄ ▄██▐█▌
▄▄▄▄▄▄ ███▀██▀███ ▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐████████▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▌
 ▀▄█▄
▀▀▀██████▀▀▀ ▄█▄▀
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀▀█████▀▀▀
▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄
    ▄ ▄ ▄▄▄    ▄     █
   ▄███████▄ ▀██▄   █
█  ▄███▄ ▄▄█▄▄███▄  █
  ▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▀▄▄█▀▄▄▄▄  █
  ▄████ █ ▀ █ ████▄  █
  ▀████ ▄▄▄▄▀  █
█   ▄▀▀▄█▄█▄█▄█▄█▀ ▀  █
█  ▀ ▀▀▄██ ██▄▀▀ ▀  █
▀▄ █▀▀▀ █▄█ ▀▀▀█ ▄▀
▀▄ ▀████▄▄▄▄▄████▀ ▄▀
▀▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄▀
▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀
CRYSTAL PALACE FC
BURNLEY FC
HUDDERSFIELD TOWN   
.PLAY NOW.
BitSat19

Activity: 476
Merit: 62

View Profile
June 18, 2020, 10:41:22 PM

Lol, look at that! Sri Lankan former sport minister Mahindananda Aluthgamage smoking some fine weed nowadays. He's basically blaming sri lankan team that they fixed the match.

‘We sold the World Cup final to India’: Sri Lankan minister’s huge match-fixing accusation
“I tell you today that we sold the 2011 World Cup finals,” Aluthgamage told Sirasa TV. “Even when I was sports minister I believed this.” Aluthgamage, sports minister from 2010 to 2015 and now state minister for renewable energy and power, said he “did not want to disclose” the plot at the time.

“In 2011, we were to win, but we sold the match. I feel I can talk about it now. I am not connecting players, but some sections were involved,” he said.

https://twitter.com/FoxCricket/status/1273563706580856833
I not agree with you because if he is smoking find weed then surely he give statement India bought 2011 World Cup so he is smoking some very poor weed like Chandimal who claim he won test series against Pakistan with the help of black magic so he give this statement we sold the 2011 World Cup poor guy.
Pages: « 1 ... 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 [98] 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 ... 1030 »
  Print  

Jump to: