Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 10:45:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 [587] 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 ... 725 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Spondoolies-Tech - carrier grade, data center ready mining rigs  (Read 1260002 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
opentoe
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2015, 08:31:03 AM

I know, no rush as i still need to get rid of antminers Grin

In my eyes there are basically two manufactures making hardware. Bitmain and Spondoolie. I've owned KNC, Avalon, Butterfly and others, but right now in the game I think are just these two.

I know Bitmain will eventually come out with more home mining solutions for a little while more, but it sounds like Spondoolie is only out to cater bulk orders and more commercial going forward. Is that safe to say? I think the SP20 was just a field test to see how it would work out. I think the only form factors we will be seeing from Spondoolie will be rack mountable only.

What this industry needs to do is follow what is working, the computer industry. Make a miner using a 2U form factor (or larger)  and have multiple blades in it where you can easily remove/replace/upgrade. Who wants to keep buying these monster machines when all you need is an upgraded blade. Would keep costs down, secure the company customer loyalty since their blades will only fit in their cases. Of course new software and controller boards need to be made to be able to handle many different configurations. Isn't everyone tired of buying whole entire rigs when you really don't need to?

I can just imagine myself walking into the data center, powering off my 10TH 2U Spondoolie rig, remove one of the 1TH blades and insert the new 3TH blade that just came out on the market. Can basically go from 10TH to 30TH by just swapping some blades. We don't need to keep shipping these monster 2U's all over the world. They take up to much space and there has to be some good R&D out there to make something like this happen, no?

This also would give everyone a price point they can afford. Not everyone can't buy the latest  and greatest new stuff that comes out. And course power draw would be calculated on what blades you have in the box. Maybe three PSU's. 2 to handle 30TH and one for backup.

Need help with your Newznab usenet indexer? http://www.newznabforums.com

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
February 27, 2015, 08:44:35 AM

1PbhCD56EE1ur45UvTca5wEUkAPpTi25oq
Their saying the definetly WILL NOT produce consumer models for their next gen...
What I said was that our initial form factor for the 3rd gen will be suitable for bulk buyers.
Please read my last messages.

This is fine, as long as that grade is not required at a truck load to buy. I could buy a single 16kw unit. no issue, would like to buy from you and not from a third party, unless you plan to have authorized resellers?

We'll probably sell single units as well. It's not a promise though. I believe that a much better model for a small buyers will be to buy some small percentage of a shared mine.

good I need something (or a legit co-op non profit preferred or small data mine operation with a couple of guys) to string out my equip deprecation of 25% off in taxes due
in 2016 and 2017 (5 years) would help the hit I took in equip purchases vs coin made with this biz option...(have paid no taxes so far...same looks likely for 2015 in my equip to btc/ltc) would be nice to get that last bit those last 2 years to round it off to all my equp being 25% off with no taxes due (a balance between equip and coin made etc)

now if btc/ltc were to go to 1k a coin i'd just pay my taxes due and smile....but looking at options for those who 1) want to still mine hobby or otherwise or 2) are in my boat
and the difficulty vs miners (home or otherwise) I can afford are drying up

It is unlikely that 'cloud mining' would apply to the above (IRS imho would consider that an "investment') with the home miner setup and home biz (the IRS likes my pics) this
has not been an issue

any options feel free to post here or anyone can pm me.....but I ASSUME again..that options other then 'cloud hosting' and 'home mining' are being considered by folk
anyway fishing about for info

(by the by a bank error and filing with SEC in USA forced me to 'file as a legit biz' you can pm me for details I realize this only applies to those of us in my position or
that chose to be legal miners in USA ....on a side note...it seems to have worked out well for me due to btc/ltc's fall in value etc...but I would prefer a rebound in
prices like us all)

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
Guy Corem (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1051

Spondoolies, Beam & DAGlabs

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2015, 08:44:48 AM

In my eyes there are basically two manufactures making hardware. Bitmain and Spondoolie. I've owned KNC, Avalon, Butterfly and others, but right now in the game I think are just these two.

I know Bitmain will eventually come out with more home mining solutions for a little while more, but it sounds like Spondoolie is only out to cater bulk orders and more commercial going forward. Is that safe to say? I think the SP20 was just a field test to see how it would work out. I think the only form factors we will be seeing from Spondoolie will be rack mountable only.

What this industry needs to do is follow what is working, the computer industry. Make a miner using a 2U form factor (or larger)  and have multiple blades in it where you can easily remove/replace/upgrade. Who wants to keep buying these monster machines when all you need is an upgraded blade. Would keep costs down, secure the company customer loyalty since their blades will only fit in their cases. Of course new software and controller boards need to be made to be able to handle many different configurations. Isn't everyone tired of buying whole entire rigs when you really don't need to?

I can just imagine myself walking into the data center, powering off my 10TH 2U Spondoolie rig, remove one of the 1TH blades and insert the new 3TH blade that just came out on the market. Can basically go from 10TH to 30TH by just swapping some blades. We don't need to keep shipping these monster 2U's all over the world. They take up to much space and there has to be some good R&D out there to make something like this happen, no?

This also would give everyone a price point they can afford. Not everyone can't buy the latest  and greatest new stuff that comes out. And course power draw would be calculated on what blades you have in the box. Maybe three PSU's. 2 to handle 30TH and one for backup.

Some posts you probably didn't read:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=521520.msg10548252#msg10548252
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=872014.msg10596723#msg10596723
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=521520.msg10551548#msg10551548

New Mimblewimble implementation: https://www.beam.mw
Spondoolies is now part of Blockstream: https://blog.blockstream.com/en-blockstream-mining-builds-momentum-with-spondoolies-acquisition/
Kaspa is a POW cryptocurrencty which implements GhostDAG protocol: https://kaspanet.org/
Guy Corem (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2015, 08:46:58 AM

Their saying the definetly WILL NOT produce consumer models for their next gen...
What I said was that our initial form factor for the 3rd gen will be suitable for bulk buyers.

This is fine, as long as that grade is not required at a truck load to buy. I could buy a single 16kw unit. no issue, would like to buy from you and not from a third party, unless you plan to have authorized resellers?

We'll probably sell single units as well. It's not a promise though. I believe that a much better model for a small buyers will be to buy some small percentage of a shared mine.

good I need something (or a legit co-op non profit preferred or small data mine operation with a couple of guys) to string out my equip deprecation of 25% off in taxes due
in 2016 and 2017 (5 years) would help the hit I took in equip purchases vs coin made with this biz option...(have paid no taxes so far...same looks likely for 2015 in my equip to btc/ltc) would be nice to get that last bit those last 2 years to round it off to all my equp being 25% off with no taxes due (a balance between equip and coin made etc)

now if btc/ltc were to go to 1k a coin i'd just pay my taxes due and smile....but looking at options for those who 1) want to still mine hobby or otherwise or 2) are in my boat

It is unlikely that 'cloud mining' would apply to the above (IRS imho would consider that an "investment') with the home miner setup and home biz (the IRS likes my pics) this
has not been an issue

any options feel free to post here or anyone can pm me.....but I ASSUME again..that options other then 'cloud hosting' and 'home mining' are being considered by folk

(by the by a bank error and filing with SEC in USA forced me to 'file as a legit biz' you can pm me for details I realize this only applies to those of us in my position or
that chose to be legal miners in USA ....on a side note...it seems to have worked out well for me due to btc/ltc's fall in value etc...but I would prefer a rebound in
prices like us all)
complete the full 25% off of equip paid in taxes due (real $$$)
Searing,
Don't get offended, but it's very hard for me to understand your posts. Can you reply in 1-2 lines what you want / need ?

Spondoolies is now part of Blockstream: https://blog.blockstream.com/en-blockstream-mining-builds-momentum-with-spondoolies-acquisition/
Kaspa is a POW cryptocurrencty which implements GhostDAG protocol: https://kaspanet.org/
jimmothy

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
February 27, 2015, 08:48:18 AM

Can you say anything about the expected development time for gen 3?
Are we looking at weeks, months, years?
Few months. We have two parallel efforts, each with different risk / reward and timeframe.
It's not around the corner, we need to squeeze the most from 28, since we don't do FinFET yet.

Do you know at this point whether you will be going with small, medium, or large chips? (small being <2W)
Guy Corem (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2015, 08:50:44 AM

Can you say anything about the expected development time for gen 3?
Are we looking at weeks, months, years?
Few months. We have two parallel efforts, each with different risk / reward and timeframe.
It's not around the corner, we need to squeeze the most from 28, since we don't do FinFET yet.

Do you know at this point whether you will be going with small, medium, or large chips? (small being <2W)
Similar to our 2nd gen, 80-100 Watt ASICs.

Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
February 27, 2015, 08:57:12 AM

has not been an issue

prices like us all)
Searing,
Don't get offended, but it's very hard for me to understand your posts. Can you reply in 1-2 lines what you want / need ?

sorry trying to defend self from the pm's saying why the hell am i paying taxes on mining and have it as a biz

what (if you can tell me) are your options different in the future (if any) from just plain 'cloud mining' per say.....as I probably did not say well above...i need equip i can afford
that kinda/sorta in some manner looks like it would make sense to use with some guys in a co-op non profit venture or small group of miners sharing equip or something like that
to round out my miner biz to get the tax breaks of 25% off my equip in the 5 year period ...more or less..I can't just toss money at the problem it has to make at least
close to a profit vs equip and coin mined.....(again straight cloud mining is probably considered investing ..in a mine so to speak vs working a mine so to speak)

so again besides cloud mining or just plain having to buy a 20k or more miner now..and/or no more home miners of any note what if  any other options by spondoolies or others
may be being considered at this point in time ...seems to me like a big gap between full out cloud miner investments vs home miner option .....looking for smaller group miner
and or equip options co-op or shared equip or otherwise.....but on a SMALL scale ...(still the home miner budget don' t ya know)

it could be that this is no longer possible and I will have to wrap up my equip depreciation and investment as such 2 years early w/o the benifit of showing revenue
the IRS would accept (ie mining etc) ...but I ran a biz game server/bbs as a co-op years ago so fishing for options that anyone may have heard of or coinsidering
to fill this gap i see or home miner vs cloud mining vs no other options

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
Guy Corem (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2015, 09:03:03 AM

has not been an issue

prices like us all)
Searing,

sorry trying to defend self from the pm's saying why the hell am i paying taxes on mining and have it as a biz

what (if you can tell me) are your options different in the future (if any) from just plain 'cloud mining' per say.....as I probably did not say well above...i need equip i can afford
that kinda/sorta in some manner looks like it would make sense to use with some guys in a co-op non profit venture or small group of miners sharing equip or something like that
to round out my miner biz to get the tax breaks of 25% off my equip in the 5 year period ...more or less..I can't just toss money at the problem it has to make at least
close to a profit vs equip and coin mined.....(again straight cloud mining is probably considered investing ..in a mine so to speak vs working a mine so to speak)

so again besides cloud mining or just plain having to buy a 20k or more miner now..and/or no more home miners of any note what if  any other options by spondoolies or others
may be being considered at this point in time ...seems to me like a big gap between full out cloud miner investments vs home miner option .....looking for smaller group miner
and or equip options co-op or shared equip or otherwise.....but on a SMALL scale ...(still the home miner budget don' t ya know)

it could be that this is no longer possible and I will have to wrap up my equip depreciation and investment as such 2 years early w/o the benifit of showing revenue
the IRS would accept (ie mining etc) ...but I ran a biz game server/bbs as a co-op years ago so fishing for options that anyone may have heard of or coinsidering

Searing,
I tried. I really tried.
What we currently offer is SP31 and cloud mining through our partnership with Genesis Mining.
At current rate, we'll probably sell all our SP31 within 1-2 months. Our next gen, later this year won't be suitable for home mining.

I hope my reply answer your questions. If not, I'm sorry.

opentoe
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2015, 09:13:24 AM

Yes, I miss a lot since most of it is technical and just getting the time to catch up on some threads takes forever. The party is over folks. Spondoolie said it themselves they are only interested in large/bulk/farm type business model going forward. We the consumer's were a big part in making that happen. It is sad to see a good manufacture doesn't want to cater to the whole market. Just deep pockets now. Capitalism at it's best. Wish everyone luck. I think bitcoin peaked anyway. I doubt we will ever see $500 again. Adios.
opentoe=pessimistic

Need help with your Newznab usenet indexer? http://www.newznabforums.com
Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 27, 2015, 09:13:45 AM

Yup,another ASIC company goin for the big guys only Cry

Hope you make alot of money...............  Roll Eyes

Shoulda forked BTC to X11,13,15 or whatever when we had the chance late 2012  Cool

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
Guy Corem (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2015, 09:16:30 AM

Yes, I miss a lot since most of it is technical and just getting the time to catch up on some threads takes forever. The party is over folks. Spondoolie said it themselves they are only interested in large/bulk/farm type business model going forward. We the consumer's were a big part in making that happen. It is sad to see a good manufacture doesn't want to cater to the whole market. Just deep pockets now. Capitalism at it's best. Wish everyone luck. I think bitcoin peaked anyway. I doubt we will ever see $500 again. Adios.
opentoe=pessimistic

Another one you've missed: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=521520.msg10552064#msg10552064

Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
February 27, 2015, 09:18:02 AM

has not been an issue

prices like us all)
Searing,

so again besides cloud mining or just plain having to buy a 20k or more miner now..and/or no more home miners of any note what if  any other options by spondoolies or others

Searing,
I tried. I really tried.
What we currently offer is SP31 and cloud mining through our partnership with Genesis Mining.
At current rate, we'll probably sell all our SP31 within 1-2 months. Our next gen, later this year won't suitable for home miner.

I hope it answer your questions. If not, I'm sorry.

yeah what i figured thanks anyway...trying to find someone small enough to afford this vs have a decent rep is gonna be hard probably will just have to pool $$$
with folk in my boat and /or geographic area (legal miner) where it makes sense from an equip deprecation sense and such and/or some of us folk who still want to home mine as a hobby. or in my case it still makes a bit of sense to try to mine equip..ie pooled resources...where the 'group" has actual access in some manner to the equip
at hand ...is probably the only way it would  fly with the IRS and usa tax man....also co-hosting at these prices with the added equip price on top of such .is not gonna be worth
it either imho (short term)

anyway just like the old days of the game sever/bbs we made as a biz and very large...will just have to beat the bushes for some folk in this area and
in my boat where some equip still makes sense and/or folk who want to home mine and share equip/resources..it will also depend if any future asic equip makes
any kind of sense even in this manner price/hash so to speak...a non-profit co-op would make the most sense ..but is a bitch to organize ...deja vu all over again
thanks sorry about the confusion....but it still may pay for me to mine at a modest level at the next generation of chips ...if home miners were available and if
i could get such a group of like minded folk together....but probably a long shot and.i understand for all others of any note ..you either go big ..get into cloud
hashing or just trading for coin or are already are out of home mining...again myself if you made a next gen unit with a bit more pop at the right price i probably
could still pull this off in my home miner biz format ....if something changes and i find out that cloud hosting thru you guys may work tax/irs/equip depr wise I'll
let you know ...

Hope you make alot of money...............  Roll Eyes

Shoulda forked BTC to X11,13,15 or whatever when we had the chance late 2012  Cool

well truthfully made a lot more money as a legal biz getting equip deprecation from 2013 to 2015
then I made holding coin...(a sad state of the price of btc/ltc etc) but then again I'm still in the
black...just looking for an angle to squeak out some more as long as prices are in the tank (and
hell may stay this way for a couple years going sideways)

w/o this biz aspect (forced into 20/20 hindsight) I would be probably 25% or more in the red
so hey ....wtf ......will dig around some more maybe I'll figure something out..or miracle of miracles
frigging BTC/LTC price was to triple ...i'd care a lot less one way or another

dmeter

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 27, 2015, 09:21:25 AM

Our next gen, later this year won't be suitable for home mining.

Please simple answer do your company want sale me 3rd gen miner SP-100 16 kw like 3x pcs nano farm SP-100    250-300 th or mini farm 15x SP100
whitout power supply and whitout Rackmount Cases.
Also is possible bay SP-31 without PSU
Guy Corem (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2015, 09:30:33 AM

Our next gen, later this year won't be suitable for home mining.

Please simple answer do your company want sale me 3rd gen miner SP-100 16 kw like 3x pcs nano farm SP-100    250-300 th or mini farm 15x SP100
whitout power supply and whitout Rackmount Cases.
Also is possible bay SP-31 without PSU
1) I never called it SP100 or anything else but "3rd gen initial form factor"
2) It's still far from knowing the exact quantities and bundles we'll sell it
3) We'll sell it with Rack mount and PSUs
4) We can't sell the SP31 without the PSUs
5) I'm guessing that you have your own immersion cooling effort. We can sell you 2nd gen ASICs (RockerBox) along with the SP3x production files. The order will need to be substantial and we'll have limited ability to support your effort. Contact sales@

Guy Corem (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2015, 09:33:05 AM

Shoulda forked BTC to X11,13,15 or whatever when we had the chance late 2012  Cool
I think that there is a difference still.
As I wrote, unfortunately, this is where BTC mining is going. I don't like it as well.

Guy Corem (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2015, 10:01:10 AM

@SPT -
35 USD to ship an SD card??

and if i were to pay using the 150USD coupon you will invalidate the remaining 115 USD??

Please keep it!

As to the burnt connectors, they were not 'officially reported' but extensively discussed on the forum late last year.

Can i use the 150 USD for replacing these? I assume they wont cost that much.

Although the shipping may make it a complete waste of time if 35USD for a 1g SD card is anything to go by...

We'll upload an experimental version of the recovery SD, you'll be able to test it yourself.
I'll check about the connectors. You'll need to do the modifications yourself. The shipping will be probably more expensive.

Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 27, 2015, 12:01:59 PM

I think that there is a difference still.
As I wrote, unfortunately, this is where BTC mining is going. I don't like it as well.

Here's hoping BTC hits $50 !!! Grin

If BTC is mined centrally only,then it's no better than the dollar.It'll be manipulated to death by those in control of the network,forcing higher & higher fees & other problems  Sad

BTW,cloud mining only makes BTC for those hosting the miners...ever!!!  Tongue

Thanks for being honest Spoondolies!!! Best of luck to those mining at home still.

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
February 27, 2015, 12:38:54 PM

If BTC is mined centrally only,then it's no better than the dollar.It'll be manipulated to death by those in control of the network,forcing higher & higher fees & other problems  Sad

BTW,cloud mining only makes BTC for those hosting the miners...ever!!!  Tongue

Thanks for being honest Spoondolies!!! Best of luck to those mining at home still.

Your bitcoins will still be your bitcoins even if the mining is centralized.

While you are right about the cloud mining you forgot what is SP-Tech all about. They always cared for their customers and I am sure that they will still be a viable option for "home miners" like us. I do believe that if they will offer some sort of cloud mining it will be totally different than what we had until now and customers will make money.

samsonn25

Activity: 882
Merit: 1003

View Profile
February 27, 2015, 01:00:22 PM

Sp support has been great on this thread /forum. 
sloopy

Activity: 700
Merit: 501

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=905210.msg

View Profile
February 27, 2015, 01:04:33 PM

Will home miners forced out still use Bitcoin or would they start following some alt they could mine?

If it all comes down to a few big miners, why keep using the coin?

Transaction fees go to the pools and the pools decide to pay them to the miners. Anything else, including off-chain solutions are stealing and not the way Bitcoin was intended to function.
Make the block size set by the pool. Pool = miners and they get the choice.
Pages: « 1 ... 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 [587] 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 ... 725 »
  Print  

Jump to: