Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 10:52:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 [635] 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 ... 725 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Spondoolies-Tech - carrier grade, data center ready mining rigs  (Read 1260006 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Biffa
Legendary

Activity: 3220
Merit: 1220

View Profile
April 24, 2015, 08:01:14 AM

one of my psu on SP30 was dead, so I placed a new psu

If I fireup both psu's (the org one that still works and the new one I have soldered) machine just start working and mining using all the ASIC's.

If I use only the org psu (either top or bottom position) the machine works only 50% wich is normaal.

BUT: if I only fireup the new psu the unit wont work.... the led on the controlboard dont show up.

My best gues is that the controlboard somewho dont see the second psu that I have add to it.

any idea? probably it doenst get any power as I have directly put the new psu to the hashing board.

This was to be expected, there are a lot of control lines coming out of the PSU, voltage, temperature, fan RMP, etc.
Since the controller is not getting any feedback it does not know that the PSU is there.
What you should do is to replace it with an identical PSU. If you can't get one from SP then try eBay. This PSU is a very common type.

Generic PSU will only work if you set 'generic psu'  flag in /etc/mg_generic_psu.  We had insisted on some bug fixes to the stock emerson fw. Without it you must use it as generic.  Ask on forum from people who did it.

I have edit /etc/mg_generic_psu to;
0:1 1:1

so he should see both psu's as generic

but still if I only hookup my own generic psu it doenst go live.... any other suggestion?

What PSU did you buy?

Mine @ pools that pay Tx fees & don't mine empty blocks :: kanopool :: ckpool ::
Should bitmain create LPM for all models?
:: Dalcore's Crypto Mining H/W Hosting Directory & Reputation ::

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
nokati

Activity: 312
Merit: 111

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2015, 08:05:21 AM

If I fireup both psu's (the org one that still works and the new one I have soldered) machine just start working and mining using all the ASIC's.

If I use only the org psu (either top or bottom position) the machine works only 50% wich is normaal.

BUT: if I only fireup the new psu the unit wont work.... the led on the controlboard dont show up.

My best gues is that the controlboard somewho dont see the second psu that I have add to it.

any idea? probably it doenst get any power as I have directly put the new psu to the hashing board.

This was to be expected, there are a lot of control lines coming out of the PSU, voltage, temperature, fan RMP, etc.
Since the controller is not getting any feedback it does not know that the PSU is there.
What you should do is to replace it with an identical PSU. If you can't get one from SP then try eBay. This PSU is a very common type.

Generic PSU will only work if you set 'generic psu'  flag in /etc/mg_generic_psu.  We had insisted on some bug fixes to the stock emerson fw. Without it you must use it as generic.  Ask on forum from people who did it.

but still if I only hookup my own generic psu it doenst go live.... any other suggestion?

What PSU did you buy?

this one;
https://www.andovercg.com/store/Dell-C109D-A2360P-00-PowerEdge-M1000e-2360W-Power-Supply-p5421.html

But it doenst matter what psu it is, it just 12V that you put directly on the board...
It has to be something that need to be short on the controlboard, it not something in the software as the conrolboard dont go lightup.

Biffa
Legendary

View Profile
April 24, 2015, 08:06:16 AM

I am having some issues with my SP20 and hoping someone can help me out. I know it is a networking issue, but only my SP20 doesn't want to cooperate so I am posting here. So here it goes. I have had a Netgear JFS516 Switch set up in a closet space running 1 SP20 and 2 Ant S3's which is connected to my D-Link wifi router without any issues. I recently added a Netgear FS524 Switch which is fed from the same router into a different closet space. The SP20 now refuses to run, while the ants are still happy working away. There is no IP conflict from the newly added hardware connect to the new switch.

Things I have tried:
Disconnect the newly added switch then restart the old one.
Connect the SP20 to the newly added switch.
Connect the SP20 directly to the D-Link router.
(in all situations I get 6 yellow blinks and fan wind ups/downs)

When this first happened I brought the unit home and it refused to work on my home network (at that time there was no LED activity at both locations), did a restore on it, updated firmware and it ran fine all night. Took it back and it still doesn't want to run. Brought it home again tonight and it fired right up. I really don't want to drag this thing home again tomorrow and get that look from my wife which I am sure some of you are familiar with and needs no explanation.

Thanks for reading! Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

If you can help me fix this problem, I will have the unit mine for you for 1 week as a thanks. (1.5TH)

Are you configuring the LAN on the SP20 manually or via DHCP?

Mine @ pools that pay Tx fees & don't mine empty blocks :: kanopool :: ckpool ::
Biffa
Legendary

View Profile
April 24, 2015, 08:09:09 AM

What PSU did you buy?

this one;
https://www.andovercg.com/store/Dell-C109D-A2360P-00-PowerEdge-M1000e-2360W-Power-Supply-p5421.html

But it doenst matter what psu it is, it just 12V that you put directly on the board...
It has to be something that need to be short on the controlboard, it not something in the software as the conrolboard dont go lightup.

You may be underestimating the importance of the type of PSU's used and the unit, I am pretty sure that spondoolies will only work with the make and type of PSU's they support. Emerson and another type.

nokati

Activity: 312
Merit: 111

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2015, 08:23:47 AM

is there any other psu that work and fit having more than 1200 watt? wich psu is in the sp35?
I have the Sp31 but I assume the sp35 psu will work?

RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
April 24, 2015, 08:34:21 AM

You may be underestimating the importance of the type of PSU's used and the unit, I am pretty sure that spondoolies will only work with the make and type of PSU's they support. Emerson and another type.

OT: What is going on? Everyone is adding/changing avatars. You, philipma1957...

Biffa
Legendary

View Profile
April 24, 2015, 09:01:24 AM

is there any other psu that work and fit having more than 1200 watt? wich psu is in the sp35?

SP31 and SP35 have different PSU's

SP35 uses DS1600
SP30/31 uses DS1200

Biffa
Legendary

View Profile
April 24, 2015, 01:06:15 PM

Yes they turned avatars back on

whisper

Activity: 267
Merit: 250

Learn to go against your mind

View Profile
April 24, 2015, 01:13:13 PM

Whats up with titan hosting machines? Any one get them back already? They are too quiet about that... Are titan hosting still mine with them?
Biodom
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 3864

View Profile
April 24, 2015, 02:28:54 PM

I think that there is an avatar signature campaign.
I am still not sure that all these signature deals are worth doing.
That Bit-X is everywhere and is somewhat of a distraction
s1gs3gv
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1014

ex uno plures

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2015, 02:39:04 PM

Isn't Brock Pierce a big investor in KNC ? Does KNC now own the Bitcoin Foundation ? Is this the final nail in the coffin of the foundation ?

https://www.coindesk.com/brock-pierce-bitcoin-foundation-board-chairman/
xZork

Activity: 1249
Merit: 506

View Profile
April 24, 2015, 03:03:28 PM

I am having some issues with my SP20 and hoping someone can help me out. I know it is a networking issue, but only my SP20 doesn't want to cooperate so I am posting here. So here it goes. I have had a Netgear JFS516 Switch set up in a closet space running 1 SP20 and 2 Ant S3's which is connected to my D-Link wifi router without any issues. I recently added a Netgear FS524 Switch which is fed from the same router into a different closet space. The SP20 now refuses to run, while the ants are still happy working away. There is no IP conflict from the newly added hardware connect to the new switch.

Things I have tried:

When this first happened I brought the unit home and it refused to work on my home network (at that time there was no LED activity at both locations), did a restore on it, updated firmware and it ran fine all night. Took it back and it still doesn't want to run. Brought it home again tonight and it fired right up. I really don't want to drag this thing home again tomorrow and get that look from my wife which I am sure some of you are familiar with and needs no explanation.

If you can help me fix this problem, I will have the unit mine for you for 1 week as a thanks. (1.5TH)

DHCP.

▄▆▆▄
           ▄████████▄
        ▄██████████████▄
     ▄███████      ███████▄
  ▄███████            ███████▄
███████                  ███████
█████▀                    ▀▀██▀
█████
█████                       ▄▆█
█████                   ▆██████
█████                   ████████
  ▀█                   █▀ ▐████
▄                          ▐████
██▆▄▄                    ▄█████
███████                  ███████
  ▀███████            ███████▀
     ▀███████      ███████▀
        ▀██████████████▀
           ▀████████▀

. Graphene Airdrop Coming Soon by Phore .
  █████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
█████████               ████████
█████████           ▅▆████████▌
█████████     ▅▅▆████████████▌
█████████▆█████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████▀▀▀
████████████████▀▀▀
█████████▀▀
█████████
█████████
Guy Corem (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1051

Spondoolies, Beam & DAGlabs

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2015, 03:29:49 PM

Isn't Brock Pierce a big investor in KNC ? Does KNC now own the Bitcoin Foundation ? Is this the final nail in the coffin of the foundation ?

AFAIK, small investments in BitFury and PeerNova.

New Mimblewimble implementation: https://www.beam.mw
Spondoolies is now part of Blockstream: https://blog.blockstream.com/en-blockstream-mining-builds-momentum-with-spondoolies-acquisition/
Kaspa is a POW cryptocurrencty which implements GhostDAG protocol: https://kaspanet.org/
Biffa
Legendary

View Profile
April 24, 2015, 03:32:09 PM

Things I have tried:

DHCP.

I'd get it home, configure it manually to an unused IP address with netmask/gateway/dns/etc from the range you use in your closet, save config and power down. Then it when you take it back to the closet it should be fine.

Biffa
Legendary

View Profile
April 24, 2015, 03:34:36 PM

Huh? Avatars and signatures are completely different things. Avatars were disabled for a long time on the forum because there was a hack in the code that was being exploited. They got turned back on again a few weeks ago and we were able to setup avatars again. No biggie. Anyone can do it, got to your profile and then forum profile information, and from there there is a link to set your avatar if you want to.

TheRealSteve

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

FUN > ROI

View Profile
April 24, 2015, 04:03:41 PM
Last edit: April 24, 2015, 04:29:29 PM by TheRealSteve

Not yet, but I'm sure there will be eventually - whether that'll be allowed is another matter.

Bitcoin Forum > Other > Meta > Signature Adblock Script [0.3.0]

Don't forget that recently appointed Olivier Janssens - who has been stirring the hornet's nest - is an investor in SP-Tech.  I wouldn't go so far as to say that there shouldn't be any worries and that everything is balanced, but both individuals and companies have some opposing views at least Smiley
Edit: Just to clarify - I'm not implying that either company would be exerting pressure on either individual to further any agenda.

Biodom
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 3864

View Profile
April 24, 2015, 06:34:38 PM

Huh? Avatars and signatures are completely different things. Avatars were disabled for a long time on the forum because there was a hack in the code that was being exploited. They got turned back on again a few weeks ago and we were able to setup avatars again. No biggie. Anyone can do it, got to your profile and then forum profile information, and from there there is a link to set your avatar if you want to.

I think that you are incorrect. There is apparently an avatar campaign, that's why some folks avatars keep changing.

Not yet, but I'm sure there will be eventually - whether that'll be allowed is another matter.

Bitcoin Forum > Other > Meta > Signature Adblock Script [0.3.0]

see above
s1gs3gv
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1014

ex uno plures

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2015, 07:14:55 PM

AFAIK, small investments in BitFury and PeerNova.

Chairman KNCminer.cn

https://www.linkedin.com/in/brockpierce
klondike_bar
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005

ASIC Wannabe

View Profile
April 24, 2015, 07:28:25 PM

SP31 and SP35 have different PSU's

SP35 uses DS1600
SP30/31 uses DS1200

whats the difference between an SP30 and SP31? I presviously thought it was related to the PSU limitations

24" PCI-E cables with 16AWG wires and stripped ends - great for server PSU mods, best prices https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=563461
No longer a wannabe - now an ASIC owner!
mavericklm

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 24, 2015, 07:47:51 PM

difference is in the asics and the attributes are changed like this:
sp30 has 2.8kw and 4.4th
sp31 has 3kw and 4.9th
Pages: « 1 ... 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 [635] 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 ... 725 »
  Print  

Jump to: