Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 02:47:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 [367] 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 ... 494 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Qora | Released 16 May | 100% POS | New Source  (Read 748196 times)
rabbiter

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 10:43:27 AM

@renat0
rabbiter is a fucking joke.Don't listen to him.

sorry you're the joke. If we do what you think and release to a few select people the flood of Negativity against Qora will come and kick you in your stupid face. You know NOTHING about cryptocurrency, that much is clear.
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
rabbiter

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 10:45:32 AM

I trust qora 100%. He's not a person who might let us down, that's for sure.

I also totally understand people who would like to keep the source closed. If you are one of initial investors, you basically have nothing to lose. Maybe just a couple of BTC invested in Qora.

But think about people who want to build something on top of Qora. Like encrypted messenger or something like that. It's months of hard work, probably some expenses also. Not many people would feel comfortable to start a new venture if the whole thing depends on one person. Even if they trust him. It's just not right and too risky. It was totally fine to keep the source closed from everybody, but I think that now we're getting to the point when we need a 1 or 2 more people to have it.

I can certainly understand this but IMO that's a different issue than the code going OS or not which is what people seem to be talking about now. From what I see on here, it simply has to go OS at some point, no other option. But the sort of thing you bring up is more of a "security" issue and I can see having the code in the hands of one or two other trusted people simply as a security measure making sense. Interestingly though, reading some of the first posts in the thread, Qora talks about "we". So perhaps there are other involved that we're just not aware of.

Qora the developer said early on he had the help of someone who worked on the GUI I think only. last thing I read he is now working alone.
dzarmush
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 10:46:16 AM

I see no reason to go open source yet. Qora has delivered time and time again.  If he really wanted to run a scam, he would be gone! He already has all the BTC! He would have nothing to gain by continuing to develop a scam coin. Qora, the coin and developer are legitimate.

There are some projects in discussion as Dzarmush mentioned. Just because it's not OS doesn't mean other projects can't be created using this coin as a platform. The API is available for anyone who is interested in creating a project.

Going open source would only serve to allay community fears in the short term. Becoming open source is the goal, but there is a right time and a wrong time to do so.

spaw

I don't get why some people are talking about open source. Nobody asked for that and nobody wants it. Also nobody thinks qora might run away. Where did you get that? )

Viper1

Activity: 686
Merit: 320

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 10:46:35 AM

re: open source. Qora had stated awhile ago,

The source code of the complete project will be provided after a 1-3 months. This will protect investors against early clones.

Makes sense to me, just not sure if he meant that time frame after release or after the "Guaranteed Features" were done.

From my short time on this forum though, it would seem to me that anything less than a full release of the source (as per Qora's post) wouldn't be seen as favorable by the crypto community at large and a full release would actually be required for "full" acceptance.

shit..you get it and you have only been on here a short time. Why don't the 'smart' vocal people on here get it too.

I've done a lot of reading on here.. lol

BTC: 1F8yJqgjeFyX1SX6KJmqYtHiHXJA89ENNT
LTC: LYAEPQeDDM7Y4jbUH2AwhBmkzThAGecNBV
DOGE: DSUsCCdt98PcNgUkFHLDFdQXmPrQBEqXu9
-spaw-

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 10:47:36 AM

I see no reason to go open source yet. Qora has delivered time and time again.  If he really wanted to run a scam, he would be gone! He already has all the BTC! He would have nothing to gain by continuing to develop a scam coin. Qora, the coin and developer are legitimate.

There are some projects in discussion as Dzarmush mentioned. Just because it's not OS doesn't mean other projects can't be created using this coin as a platform. The API is available for anyone who is interested in creating a project.

Going open source would only serve to allay community fears in the short term. Becoming open source is the goal, but there is a right time and a wrong time to do so.

spaw

agree.....but you must admit we can't wait too long just like we can't do it too quickly and as far as I can see the wrong reasons like justifying ourselves. You release as a matter of principle in a confident way not out of fear.

I just see no point in even raising the issue. It will be open source when it's open source. Why back the developer into a corner? Calling for open source before Qora is ready to release it, is just fear mongering. Creating votes won't solve anything? If the community votes for open source, it is still up to the developer if he chooses to do so or not. What happens if the we vote for open source but he doesn't release it because he knows it's not ready? What would that do to the community and the coin? So in my opinion, there isn't even a discussion here. Stop putting Qora in an awkward position by calling for open source before it's ready. Let him release it in his own time.

Granted, open source is an absolute must, but I trust the developer to do it when it's ready, not just because the community wants it.

spaw
-spaw-

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 10:52:10 AM

spaw

I don't get why some people are talking about open source. Nobody asked for that and nobody wants it. Also nobody thinks qora might run away. Where did you get that? )

I think people are calling for open source because, for some reason, there is still a lack of trust even after all the developments, improvements, and features that have been added.
dzarmush
Legendary

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 10:52:51 AM

I just see no point in even raising the issue.

It was you who raised this issue. We wasn't discussing open source. We've been discussing a possibility of sharing the source with one or two people that qora would choose himself. And you started discussing open source for some reason.

-spaw-

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 10:55:25 AM

As a side note, if you are tired of this debate and you're truly interested in helping to develop Qora, please check out the Official Qora Forum here: forum.qora.org. Nobody cares if you can't code, I can't either, but we need motivated people to help with marketing and other side projects. Anyone who is willing to put in the time and put themselves out there for this coin are welcome.

spaw
Viper1

Activity: 686
Merit: 320

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 10:56:54 AM

spaw

ummm.. The poll you suggested someone create was all about open source, especially option 3.. Doesn't matter what the "real" discussion was about, the poll just said open source.

BTC: 1F8yJqgjeFyX1SX6KJmqYtHiHXJA89ENNT
LTC: LYAEPQeDDM7Y4jbUH2AwhBmkzThAGecNBV
DOGE: DSUsCCdt98PcNgUkFHLDFdQXmPrQBEqXu9
rabbiter

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 10:58:32 AM

I see no reason to go open source yet. Qora has delivered time and time again.  If he really wanted to run a scam, he would be gone! He already has all the BTC! He would have nothing to gain by continuing to develop a scam coin. Qora, the coin and developer are legitimate.

spaw

agree.....but you must admit we can't wait too long just like we can't do it too quickly and as far as I can see the wrong reasons like justifying ourselves. You release as a matter of principle in a confident way not out of fear.

I just see no point in even raising the issue. It will be open source when it's open source. Why back the developer into a corner? Calling for open source before Qora is ready to release it, is just fear mongering. Creating votes won't solve anything? If the community votes for open source, it is still up to the developer if he chooses to do so or not. What happens if the we vote for open source but he doesn't release it because he knows it's not ready? What would that do to the community and the coin? So in my opinion, there isn't even a discussion here. Stop putting Qora in an awkward position by calling for open source before it's ready. Let him release it in his own time.

Granted, open source is an absolute must, but I trust the developer to do it when it's ready, not just because the community wants it.

spaw

The reality for those who have followed Qora form the start know that Qora was by default going to release the SC but just wanted a bit of time to establish the coin as the code was simple to code.

It was actually the community of a few people that pushed Qpra into a corner and told him they didn't want to go OS.

Take it as good or bad but Qora seems a very flexible amiable guy and on a few major directions he has changed due to community pressure. So what we have now is the result of community pressure in terms of SC release and also the plan for marketing. Like I said good or bad, that how the land lies.
-spaw-

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 10:59:27 AM

Back on topic, this thread closing incident has got me thinking we only have one single secretive developer and no source code.
I think we could have a vote with 3 options:
I) Source must remain closed for now
II) Source must be open to a few selected trusted users
III) Source must be completely open

DZ, see option three. I'm simply stating that I am opposed to this option Smiley I'm also generally against the community trying to force Qora's hand.
rabbiter

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 11:01:35 AM

Back on topic, this thread closing incident has got me thinking we only have one single secretive developer and no source code.

DZ, see option three. I'm simply stating that I am opposed to this option Smiley I'm also generally against the community trying to force Qora's hand.

a vote need option IV) release the code in a specific date and set a date.

personally the whole thing is dangerous cause communities rarely make sensible decisions based on long term wisdom.
dzarmush
Legendary

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 11:03:26 AM

spaw

ummm.. The poll you suggested someone create was all about open source, especially option 3.. Doesn't matter what the "real" discussion was about, the poll just said open source.

Everyone sees what he wants to see. You missed two other options, did you?

I don't think there is a single person who cares about Qora would vote for making it open source right now, but I'd make it one of options for two reasons.
1. What's the point to make a poll with 1 option. We need to know what the community thinks.
2. Even if majority chooses the third option it doesn't mean we have to do it. It just a poll. It's not a law or something. Voting system is a good instrument to check what the community thinks on the subject.

dzarmush
Legendary

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 11:05:01 AM

Every thinking person is opposed to this option, that's why we didn't even take it into consideration.

dzarmush
Legendary

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 11:07:02 AM

a vote need option IV) release the code in a specific date and set a date.
personally the whole thing is dangerous cause communities rarely make sensible decisions based on long term wisdom.

Stop posting bullshit, will you? Long term wisdom, specific date... You're just flooding the thread.

PondSea
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 11:08:17 AM

Why not ask Qora what he wants to do?

There is no reason why he would lock this thread on purpose so i dont understand all this BS it has generated.

░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████
░░░░▄███████▄░░░░████████
░░░░███████████░░░░██████
░░░▀███████████░░░░████░░
███▄░░░░░░░░░░▀████░░░███░░██
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████░░░██░░██
█████████████▄░░████░░░░░
░░█████████████░░█████
░░░░█████████▀░░░██████▌
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀░░░░▄████████▌
░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄███████
SuperNET.org
..BarterDEX..
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DECENTRALIZED CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE
Developed to Unite Coin Communities | ✔ SECURE ✔ FREE ✔ VISIBILITY ✔ EASY INTEGRATION |

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

twospirit

Activity: 502
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 11:08:58 AM

spaw

some investors called for OS. But Qora said before that he doesn't care about investors  Grin
dzarmush
Legendary

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 11:10:39 AM

spaw

some investors called for OS. But Qora said before that he doesn't care about investors  Grin

I only saw Kora and his puppets calling for it.

rlh

Activity: 804
Merit: 1004

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 11:18:45 AM

As an aside, now is a great time to buy.  Someone just handed me 10M @ 25.  Wow!  That was my "good luck and good night" bid.

I've put a few million stacked on the sale side for short-term profitability, so that I can increase my stake.  FYI, I only entered  QORA a couple weeks ago.  People who might try to complain about distribution need to realize, people are spreading the wealth and I'm proof.

A Personal Quote on BTT from 2011:
"I'd be willing to make a moderate "investment" if the value of the BTC went below $2.00.  Otherwise I'll just have to live with my 5 BTC and be happy. :/"  ...sigh.  If only I knew.
Ingatqhvq

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 11:24:05 AM

Vote 2.
Pages: « 1 ... 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 [367] 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 ... 494 »
  Print  

Jump to: