Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 01:10:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 [363] 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 ... 494 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Qora | Released 16 May | 100% POS | New Source  (Read 748196 times)
italcoin

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 07:54:39 PM

The first Qora Dice Game is on its way. We're planning to launch within a week or so. We're going to issue an asset for 5-10% of the project on Nxt AE after we get a domain, so everybody would be able to help the project by buying shares. And if we succeed to have a percent of the income. After Qora AE is implemented we will issue an asset on Qora AE for larger part.

Developers: michaeladair, Diltarget, dzarmush.

FULL SIZE https://i.imgur.com/sikNkfl.png

https://i.imgur.com/7PWzMf4.png?1

AMAZING! Do you have an ETA for it?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
reader31

Activity: 221
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 09:17:39 PM

sweet! Smiley

PondSea
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 09:30:43 PM

Woot forged 193 Qora block  Grin

░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████
░░░░▄███████▄░░░░████████
░░░░███████████░░░░██████
░░░▀███████████░░░░████░░
███▄░░░░░░░░░░▀████░░░███░░██
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████░░░██░░██
█████████████▄░░████░░░░░
░░█████████████░░█████
░░░░█████████▀░░░██████▌
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀░░░░▄████████▌
░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄███████
SuperNET.org
..BarterDEX..
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DECENTRALIZED CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE
Developed to Unite Coin Communities | ✔ SECURE ✔ FREE ✔ VISIBILITY ✔ EASY INTEGRATION |

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

dzarmush
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 12:04:41 AM

Crowdfunding | Investement Opportunity

http://cryptodice.co.in

Website Developer: Michaeladair
Back-End Developer: Diltarget
Graphic Designer: Dzarmush

ETA: August 1, 2014

We issued an asset on Nxt AE https://nxtblocks.info/#section/assets_exchange/14494654173570414067
Each QoraDice token represents 0.005% of Cryptodice.co.in profit. There are a total of 5% Cryptodice.co.in profit assets issued for a total of 1000.
If you believe it's potentially profitable business that's a great investment opportunity to buy 5% of future profits just for 40 000 Nxt.
If you don't think it has a huge potential you might want to buy some tokens in order to support the project which works for Qora adoption.

exe2dauoo

Activity: 8

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 02:58:09 PM

The first Qora Dice Game is on its way. We're planning to launch within a week or so. We're going to issue an asset for 5-10% of the project on Nxt AE after we get a domain, so everybody would be able to help the project by buying shares. And if we succeed to have a percent of the income. After Qora AE is implemented we will issue an asset on Qora AE for larger part.

good job, more application ,more attention,
I will try the game when launch.
when we can bet?
bitcoinhype

Activity: 44

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 06:49:10 PM

Crowdfunding | Investement Opportunity

http://cryptodice.co.in

Website Developer: Michaeladair
Back-End Developer: Diltarget
Graphic Designer: Dzarmush

ETA: August 1, 2014

We issued an asset on Nxt AE https://nxtblocks.info/#section/assets_exchange/14494654173570414067
Each QoraDice token represents 0.005% of Cryptodice.co.in profit. There are a total of 5% Cryptodice.co.in profit assets issued for a total of 1000.
If you believe it's potentially profitable business that's a great investment opportunity to buy 5% of future profits just for 40 000 Nxt.
If you don't think it has a huge potential you might want to buy some tokens in order to support the project which works for Qora adoption.

https://i.imgur.com/j6NB5bB.png

Can't wait to try it, maybe I'll buy an asset......
TwinWinNerD
Legendary

Activity: 1680

CEO Bitpanda.com

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2014, 07:16:23 PM

No one said you cant like both I just said I didn't like NXT.  Do we have to like using everything?

But almost no Qora supporters are against NXT its just NXT user were the one who often stated that Qora didnt add to the already innovative NXT.
My point was dig a bit deeper then that idea is a little flawed.

Problem is no one wants to address that cause unfortunately most involved in Qora actually would prefer NXT to succeed than Qora. Most here are NXT'ers first and Qora fans second. Its hard to get any real strong support of Qora.

I am a NXTer and QORA holder. My main problem is that qora is still closed source. People I trust looked at NXT and said that the code was pretty much bulletproof, a thing I can't say for QORA.

Not that I dislike QORA because of that, but I wouldn't call QORA innovative when all we know the code could be completely broken on logical levels..

Just a few comments.

Am I correct in saying that NXT has not always been open source. My understanding is that it's been in and out of open/close source while specific features are being developed. Personally I have no problem with Qora being closed source at this point, or any coin remaining closed source for certain periods of time. There are already wolves at the gate, waiting to pounce on the code! It's just smart to stay closed until the coin is at a certain stage of development and has gained some market share.

Arbitrary Transactions is now available. The API has been released. This would be a great time for some developers to start creating their own projects using Qora.  Could community funds be used for bounty projects, or for paid Qora development?  Not talking about core development, but projects built on top of Qora. Perhaps a competition or hackathon for Qora projects could be promoted. That would kill two birds with one stone, increased visibility, plus new features for Qora!

We need to alleviate some of the uncertainty for developers who are on the fence about involving themselves with this coin. Nobody wants to invest a ton of time into something that could fall flat on it's face. Paying developers, rewarding with bounties, or competition winnings at least give devs something for their efforts in the short term. If they are not comfortable with Qora they can sell them for BTC and walk away, or they can continue on with Qora. There is no reason for Qora not to have solid developers working in the community.

Qora, the developer, allows for community voting on core features. Likewise, the marketing committee should begin taking suggestions for projects built on top of Qora, put those suggestions to a vote, and allocate community funds to pay a developer to build them.

Any thoughts on this?

Regards,
spaw

NXT was closed source for the first 2 months and then in january released ALL code. From then on, all releases (even beta releases) were open source.

I am not saying that qora needs to do the same thing, but atleast release the source for OLDER versions. Like the last 5 releases can stay closed source, but open up all the others. Understand?

rabbiter

Activity: 168

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 07:45:16 PM

No one said you cant like both I just said I didn't like NXT.  Do we have to like using everything?

But almost no Qora supporters are against NXT its just NXT user were the one who often stated that Qora didnt add to the already innovative NXT.
My point was dig a bit deeper then that idea is a little flawed.

Problem is no one wants to address that cause unfortunately most involved in Qora actually would prefer NXT to succeed than Qora. Most here are NXT'ers first and Qora fans second. Its hard to get any real strong support of Qora.

I am a NXTer and QORA holder. My main problem is that qora is still closed source. People I trust looked at NXT and said that the code was pretty much bulletproof, a thing I can't say for QORA.

Not that I dislike QORA because of that, but I wouldn't call QORA innovative when all we know the code could be completely broken on logical levels..

Just a few comments.

Am I correct in saying that NXT has not always been open source. My understanding is that it's been in and out of open/close source while specific features are being developed. Personally I have no problem with Qora being closed source at this point, or any coin remaining closed source for certain periods of time. There are already wolves at the gate, waiting to pounce on the code! It's just smart to stay closed until the coin is at a certain stage of development and has gained some market share.

Arbitrary Transactions is now available. The API has been released. This would be a great time for some developers to start creating their own projects using Qora.  Could community funds be used for bounty projects, or for paid Qora development?  Not talking about core development, but projects built on top of Qora. Perhaps a competition or hackathon for Qora projects could be promoted. That would kill two birds with one stone, increased visibility, plus new features for Qora!

We need to alleviate some of the uncertainty for developers who are on the fence about involving themselves with this coin. Nobody wants to invest a ton of time into something that could fall flat on it's face. Paying developers, rewarding with bounties, or competition winnings at least give devs something for their efforts in the short term. If they are not comfortable with Qora they can sell them for BTC and walk away, or they can continue on with Qora. There is no reason for Qora not to have solid developers working in the community.

Qora, the developer, allows for community voting on core features. Likewise, the marketing committee should begin taking suggestions for projects built on top of Qora, put those suggestions to a vote, and allocate community funds to pay a developer to build them.

Any thoughts on this?

Regards,
spaw

NXT was closed source for the first 2 months and then in january released ALL code. From then on, all releases (even beta releases) were open source.

I am not saying that qora needs to do the same thing, but atleast release the source for OLDER versions. Like the last 5 releases can stay closed source, but open up all the others. Understand?

well actually NXT released the code more like 5 months in reality. the code they released had flaws that were obviously not easy to find and so no clone could be made, essentially not releasing it.

I think Qora should release in a couple of months after they sort out some wallet stuff and AE. Then it would be a similar time frame to NXT. I know Qora wants to be more established but of established means a price rise then I doubt we will see any big rises even with AE until the SC is released.

When NXT released there was only really Bitcoin so many had motivation to clone. Apart from Kora which is kind of a joke you might not find that much cloning of Qora. The reason is we are seeing so many 'new codes' coming out soon that clones won't stand much chance. Plus Qora distribution wasn't half bad like NXT was.

So I have been knocked down as trying to FUD but I think Qora does have to go open source and the only thing worse than a flood of clones will be no one clones Qora. Clones never beat the original.
TwinWinNerD
Legendary

Activity: 1680

CEO Bitpanda.com

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2014, 08:00:07 PM

I am not 100% sure about the dates, but in january they released the full code with 3 traps, but the traps where also in the release code, so it was 100% opensource already.

But that all doesn't really matter, QORA doesn't need to follow NXT, it is a unique project. Just know that lots of people would feel much better knowing the code was peer reviewed before putting significant amounts of money into this project.

Jm2c

dzarmush
Legendary

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 08:33:33 PM

when we can bet?

We're going to launch by Aug 1st

agran

Activity: 910

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 10:43:47 PM

Each time I search for an address with the block explorer I get the error message below.

Not Found

The requested URL /method=GET was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

What's gone wrong with it?

I got it working by typing the qora address after http://qora.co.in/?q= in my browser's url field.

If I try using the search field on the block explorer form it adds my address to http://qora.co.in/method=GET?q= and gives the error message above.

This works http://qora.co.in/?q=

This doesn't work http://qora.co.in/method=GET?q=

It should be pretty easy to fix this, and bugs in the block explorer could put people off using qora.
Fixed.

QORA | 2ND GEN | NEW SOURCE CODE | QTz6fSV2VNc2wjwwsw57kwQzgQhmGw5idQ
dzarmush
Legendary

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 11:55:02 PM

Three more publications.

http://www.wmbb.com/story/26067280/qora-announces-second-generation-cryptocurrency-will-solve-bitcoins-biggest-problems

http://www.thebitcoinchannel.com/archives/35842

http://investing.businessweek.com/research/markets/news/article.asp?docKey=600-201407210636M2______EUPR_____6d0700001b872829_3600-1

dzarmush
Legendary

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 12:44:48 AM
Last edit: July 23, 2014, 01:39:26 AM by dzarmush

when we can bet?

We're going to launch by Aug 1st

We just ran first test. I made 1945 Qora out of 1000  Smiley

rabbiter

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 03:13:24 AM

I am not 100% sure about the dates, but in january they released the full code with 3 traps, but the traps where also in the release code, so it was 100% opensource already.

But that all doesn't really matter, QORA doesn't need to follow NXT, it is a unique project. Just know that lots of people would feel much better knowing the code was peer reviewed before putting significant amounts of money into this project.

Jm2c

I only mentioned NXT as a response to you saying it was released after 2 months. The fact is it couldn't be cloned by anyone until they got the flaws out, hence the 5 months. I agree we don't have to follow NXT at all and in fact I was going to say the same in my last post. BUT open source is a philosophy that goes through the heart of all Crypto, I don't know of any coins that don't. Open source is bigger than crypto but the new thinking for all technology that is making moves now, even Go Pro is open source. 3D printing etc it's all about community power and the people making things.

I actually think it's dangerous if we don't go fully open source, believe me it would kill Qora, people will turn against it. I believe some here aren't really that familiar with Cryptocurrencies Qora will be sidelined if we don't. We can't just release a apart or get it peer reviewed that won't be enough. I say once more I believe we have about 1-2 months of good will to release the SC then we will run into trouble. I think Qora needs to first get ahead in devlopment, nearly all the guaranteed functions are in place then we HAVE to go Open Source.

releasing it too late after everyone is pissed off and dismisses Qora would be a tragic mistake. One more time Clones usually boost the original not damage it. I don't expect too many clones though we will have enough new codes with NEM and a bunch of new code coins coming this year.

Please can someone who knows Crypto come in and back what I'm saying up, Dzarmush you know the risks of being seen as not part of the Open Source movement right. Amateurs could kill Qora.

rabbiter

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 03:17:58 AM

That's incredible getting on Bloomberg! Is it a weird page that no one reads or is that really part of the main site. WOW!

But why is there weird text in the title?

Someone should start a thread about the Bloomberg article.
reader31

Activity: 221

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 04:31:47 AM

That's incredible getting on Bloomberg! Is it a weird page that no one reads or is that really part of the main site. WOW!

But why is there weird text in the title?

Someone should start a thread about the Bloomberg article.

Its a syndicated press release that gets picked up by interested sites...in our case Bloomberg Smiley

Viper1

Activity: 686
Merit: 320

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 06:34:12 AM

Does anyone else have some weird things happen with the wallet when you let it run for awhile? First happened to me when v13 was released and I was running v12. Balances would revert back to some previous value, previously confirmed transactions > 10 started to say 0 confirmations . Upgraded to v13, same thing, deleted data and let it resync. Everything looked fine. I spread some coins out between all 10 accounts so I could watch things. Whenever I let the wallet sit there running for awhile, the same thing starts to happen. Deleting data and resyncing fixes everything but every time I let the wallet just sit there in the background the balances start to change. A little while ago one of the transactions went from > 200 confirms to 0 and then I checked it maybe 20 minutes later and it was back to > 200. Confirmed balances and generating balances are still correct though so far.

Could the wallet be screwed in some way as deleting the data and resyncing does fix the issue. I have had some instances where it didn't close properly.

BTC: 1F8yJqgjeFyX1SX6KJmqYtHiHXJA89ENNT
LTC: LYAEPQeDDM7Y4jbUH2AwhBmkzThAGecNBV
DOGE: DSUsCCdt98PcNgUkFHLDFdQXmPrQBEqXu9
Viper1

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 09:46:05 AM

Does anyone else have some weird things happen with the wallet when you let it run for awhile? First happened to me when v13 was released and I was running v12. Balances would revert back to some previous value, previously confirmed transactions > 10 started to say 0 confirmations . Upgraded to v13, same thing, deleted data and let it resync. Everything looked fine. I spread some coins out between all 10 accounts so I could watch things. Whenever I let the wallet sit there running for awhile, the same thing starts to happen. Deleting data and resyncing fixes everything but every time I let the wallet just sit there in the background the balances start to change. A little while ago one of the transactions went from > 200 confirms to 0 and then I checked it maybe 20 minutes later and it was back to > 200. Confirmed balances and generating balances are still correct though so far.

Could the wallet be screwed in some way as deleting the data and resyncing does fix the issue. I have had some instances where it didn't close properly.

I grabbed the Windows exe, resynced and have been running that for almost a couple hours now. The issue hasn't reappeared as of yet. Prior to this I was using the jar via run.bat.

wizzardTim
Legendary

Activity: 1708

Reality is stranger than fiction

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 10:04:40 AM

I just don't see why a coin such as Qora isn't already in the top 10 list in market cap.

Behold the Tangle Mysteries! Dare to know It's truth.

- Excerpt from the IOTA Sacred Texts Vol. I
Viper1

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 10:27:22 AM

I just don't see why a coin such as Qora isn't already in the top 10 list in market cap.

Well it's 17th on Bter and lots of coins have been going down in price over the last 3 days. Is there a rush for some reason?

There hasn't been really any promotion. From what I've seen so far is that few people even know about it, and of course the community wants open source. I sort of like the fact that it's under the radar at this point and the dev is focusing on the code right now. Having something truly solid is far better for the long term IMO.

Pages: « 1 ... 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 [363] 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 ... 494 »
  Print  

Jump to: