Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 09:25:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 [95] 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 ... 155 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin is Becoming a Global Currency  (Read 226329 times)
mrjoy15

Activity: 840
Merit: 504

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2017, 03:19:38 PM

I have faced it, I tried to introduce BTC, showed them its potential, profit increasing opportunity. But simply they are not interested. Some fears the volatility and some fears the governments. But still there will be many who will be using it, but not all. So dream of BTC becoming global currency is very difficult to fulfill, but its certainly not impossible.

You are showing them how to get profit and such that means they treat it as some kind of investment. People wont really believe in new kind of investment nowadays and if you actually started off by telling more of its function then Im sure that you are going to get better response from those people

I believe that this is a good point. The BTC popularization will happen when it could be used as a payment system. Gold has tremendous value, but nobody uses it to pay their coffee.
We are moving toward this, the day when BTC will be used as a "regular" payment method. But, to do so, it needs to be more "stable" as a token of value. 100% valorization in 1 year doesn't make me wanting to spend BTC. And BTC only will be as popular as its cases of utilization. Wink
If in one moment we're thinking that Bitcoin is becoming a Global Currency then main concern is Bitcoin the digital currency, which is totally decentralized also unstable, mostly unpredictable too. So, in future, have a solution about these, then it can be because Bitcoin has the good potential to become the new global currency.
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Soul Reaper

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 27, 2017, 03:30:11 PM

Yes it is true,
With the passage of time bitcoin is Definitely becoming a global Currency.
I mean the number of bitcoin users have increased drastically.
More and more trading platforms have started accepting it.
But no one knows what the future holds.
btvlGainer

Activity: 206

View Profile
March 27, 2017, 07:33:28 PM

I have faced it, I tried to introduce BTC, showed them its potential, profit increasing opportunity. But simply they are not interested. Some fears the volatility and some fears the governments. But still there will be many who will be using it, but not all. So dream of BTC becoming global currency is very difficult to fulfill, but its certainly not impossible.

You are showing them how to get profit and such that means they treat it as some kind of investment. People wont really believe in new kind of investment nowadays and if you actually started off by telling more of its function then Im sure that you are going to get better response from those people

I believe that this is a good point. The BTC popularization will happen when it could be used as a payment system. Gold has tremendous value, but nobody uses it to pay their coffee.
We are moving toward this, the day when BTC will be used as a "regular" payment method. But, to do so, it needs to be more "stable" as a token of value. 100% valorization in 1 year doesn't make me wanting to spend BTC. And BTC only will be as popular as its cases of utilization. Wink
If in one moment we're thinking that Bitcoin is becoming a Global Currency then main concern is Bitcoin the digital currency, which is totally decentralized also unstable, mostly unpredictable too. So, in future, have a solution about these, then it can be because Bitcoin has the good potential to become the new global currency.

Bitcoin has excellent potential, but has no support from the government. This is the only reason that prevents the formation of bitcoin as an international currency
Vaslime

Activity: 141
Merit: 10

Cryptotalk.org

View Profile
April 05, 2017, 02:48:27 PM

Bitcoin has excellent potential, but has no support from the government. This is the only reason that prevents the formation of bitcoin as an international currency

I think the bitcoin does not need the support from the governments. As long as they do not hinder it, it is excellent.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
DoublerHunter

Activity: 2590
Merit: 644

View Profile
April 05, 2017, 02:53:50 PM

I think the bitcoin does not need the support from the governments. As long as they do not hinder it, it is excellent.
Yes as of now, bitcoin does not need the support of the government because it can stand alone from its own and it still can support itself without the help of government but in the long run, we need the government because they can be the big investor in bitcoin and they will help to make the bitcoin stable and more secured because government will take over of it.
deppil

Activity: 1008
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 05, 2017, 03:16:32 PM

Now many have doubts that bitcoin can become a world currency. Nobody knows what will happen to bitcoin tomorrow. Therefore, we can not now talk about the good future bitcoin
I think the future can be predicted from the current bitcoin development. if the development of bitcoin is bad then the future will be ugly. but you can see the development of bitcoin is very good
AdolfinWolf
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1427

View Profile
April 05, 2017, 03:31:39 PM

Now many have doubts that bitcoin can become a world currency. Nobody knows what will happen to bitcoin tomorrow. Therefore, we can not now talk about the good future bitcoin
I think the future can be predicted from the current bitcoin development. if the development of bitcoin is bad then the future will be ugly. but you can see the development of bitcoin is very good

And also at the speed which things will go.

Look at the fees, if they continue in this trend, we will be paying over a dollar in transaction fees the upcoming years.

There needs to be a change, and soon, or the future for bitcoin will look very ugly. I have read that segwit could be a good solution for these issues, and that it is ready to be deployed, my question is, why don't we activate it? Miner consensus?

chaser15
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1065

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
April 05, 2017, 03:42:04 PM

Predicting based only on the current development is easy to make because it was disregarding the possible major factors that can bring bitcoin down. We are seeing good support to bitcoin from the community that's why we can say that things will be fine.

On the other hand, if the current development is bad and predictions about bitcoin will be bad too, they are disregarding the possible major effects that can bitcoin up.

So what is my conclusion that people must think, past movement can't dictate what bitcoin will be so try not to stay behind with every events that will take placed in bitcoin.

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
marcuslong
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1002

View Profile
April 05, 2017, 04:01:20 PM

Based on what bitcoin showing to us it is possible to become a global currency since there are lot of users who really wanted to use bitcoin world wide not only one country but all of those country who wanting to use bitcoin as their digital currency for investment and other thing like for gambling and if bitcoin will become this probably bitcoin will be accepted to market to buy things that we could use too.
Harlot

Activity: 1806
Merit: 671

View Profile
April 05, 2017, 04:31:05 PM

Yes as of now, bitcoin does not need the support of the government because it can stand alone from its own and it still can support itself without the help of government but in the long run, we need the government because they can be the big investor in bitcoin and they will help to make the bitcoin stable and more secured because government will take over of it.
People here talking about that there is still a boundary between country's in terms of foreign currency existence. Well to tell you the truth we don't have any problem at all transacting with other countries without their own Fiat currency one good example is credit cards which is accepted online even if the cost is not your foreign currency the bank will automatically convert your expense in the currency needed into your transaction and at the same time it will be charge to your account at your local currency the value will be based on the current exchange during the time of the transaction. Even if we don't have any global currency it won't be any hindrance if you want to transact online, but I am not telling that Bitcoin won't be a global currency but it can be like an option to us users if we don't want to pay via Paypal or credit card then we can pay via Bitcoin.
darthmaul

Activity: 714
Merit: 252

View Profile
April 05, 2017, 04:39:32 PM

I think it is just about bitcoin popularity and literacy towards to bitcoin. More people getting aware of bitcoins power and how it cab lead us towards financial freedom. That is one of the reason why it is taking shape of Global Currency. Previously there were number of services which were being provided in USD or EURO and they were not available to other countries/currencies. Now same services have opened up the doors for rest of the world with bitcoin as payment option. Ultimately it leads to bitcoins more use by other world and thus more popularity. I am pretty sure it will be legalised as Global Currency in coming years. :-)

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
STT
Legendary

Activity: 3906
Merit: 1414

Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2017, 04:56:16 PM

Credit cards arent a perfect solution to global currency and in case they are quite expensive.   My purchase from a euro seller who wanted dollars while I paid in sterling resulted in 8% fees and half way through he refunded some which incurred even more fees.

The credit card company is juggling currency in the background and paying for your convenience.  There is definitely a gap for bitcoin to innovate a more free market solution to global value transfer and at a cheaper price.   Im sure bitcoin will try to innovate despite its current problems

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
romero121
Legendary

Activity: 3164
Merit: 1213

View Profile
April 05, 2017, 05:10:30 PM

Development of bitcoin along with other such virtual currencies were found towards the growing path. Blockchain technology keeps everything in a perfect functioning and among this only very few seems potential and reach large user base. This eventually gets termed as a universal currency as it can be used anywhere.
Haladay

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 05, 2017, 05:24:58 PM

At this stage bitcoin is NOT capable of handling global currency load. At most it has become global commodity and too much sought after commodity rather than global currency.

Bitcoin could be a means of payment for e-commerce site and will be a serious contender for a traditional money exchange service providers.

I think bitcoin does not need to handle global currency load to become a global currency. As written above, usage of bitcoin in e-commerce could make a great change!
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2017, 08:15:07 PM

And also at the speed which things will go.

Look at the fees, if they continue in this trend, we will be paying over a dollar in transaction fees the upcoming years.

There needs to be a change, and soon, or the future for bitcoin will look very ugly. I have read that segwit could be a good solution for these issues, and that it is ready to be deployed, my question is, why don't we activate it? Miner consensus?

Basically, yes, miners are opposing any innovation that would hurt there profits

SegWit itself wouldn't seriously affect their earnings but it is considered as an interim solution only, since it essentially increases the block size somewhat (apart from a few other things, of course), but as such it doesn't solve the Bitcoin scalability issues. But without accepting it, further updates which do solve these issues are not possible. And solving scalability question also solves the miners's question. Miners will evidently lose all their power as well as mining monopoly. That's why they don't want real innovation, as simple as it gets

Lancusters

Activity: 630
Merit: 263

View Profile
April 05, 2017, 08:56:06 PM

Bitcoin and so has no boundaries. Fortunately, the Internet allows you to quickly and easily transcend borders. The problem is only with what is necessary to change bitcoin for another currency to do the shopping, but I hope that everything will change soon.
alexsandria

Activity: 896
Merit: 268

★777Coin.com★ Fun BTC Casino!

View Profile
April 06, 2017, 02:47:03 AM

Bitcoin and so has no boundaries. Fortunately, the Internet allows you to quickly and easily transcend borders. The problem is only with what is necessary to change bitcoin for another currency to do the shopping, but I hope that everything will change soon.
That is why there are escrows such as coins.ph, coinbase, and etc.that converts bitcoin into fiat currency. Sooner, butcoin's currency would be accepted to used as majore currency and would make it's market to be more stable which volitality won't occur.

Astvile

Activity: 1484
Merit: 276

View Profile
April 06, 2017, 03:11:16 AM

For the first time, when I look at the offers on LocalBitcoins.com, there are a half-dozen currencies ahead of the US dollar, offering a higher price for Bitcoin than US dollar users.

Euros, South African Rands, New Zealand Dollars, Hong Kong Dollars, Polish Zloty, Malaysian Ringgits.

It is no longer just the US, EU or even China driving adoption.  There is a market for Bitcoins in major countries all over the world.
This is a good sign that we see bitcoin is developing and being accept by almost all country in the world.it has a big chance to be a global currency now in this state if almost all country will adopt and use it Smiley

[ monero.cx ]        CREATE A NEW EXCHANGE
  Contact Us            PGP Key            Mirror URLs  |
████████████EXCHANGE ████████████
goldcoinminer

Activity: 952
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 06, 2017, 05:20:03 AM

For the first time, when I look at the offers on LocalBitcoins.com, there are a half-dozen currencies ahead of the US dollar, offering a higher price for Bitcoin than US dollar users.

Euros, South African Rands, New Zealand Dollars, Hong Kong Dollars, Polish Zloty, Malaysian Ringgits.

It is no longer just the US, EU or even China driving adoption.  There is a market for Bitcoins in major countries all over the world.
This is a good sign that we see bitcoin is developing and being accept by almost all country in the world.it has a big chance to be a global currency now in this state if almost all country will adopt and use it Smiley
Well different nationalities uses bitcoin but the volume of users is not that big, bitcoin is a global currency in the sense that it has
given us a chance to transact fast regardless on what part of county you belong. We are all fair here since it's decentralized and we can fully achieve freedom as well.
yellow1

Activity: 182

View Profile
April 06, 2017, 10:10:47 AM

I think maybe if it will become popular to everywhere and all over the country it possible to become currency among other country.Because bitcoin is a good investment especially on savings.And when it spread among the country maybe it will uses as a currency.
Pages: « 1 ... 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 [95] 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 ... 155 »
  Print  

Jump to: